ShadowMonster

The third Greenfield

Spike sighed knowing she probably didn't know about old greenfield or anything that happened in it. He looked up at her before turning human. He had a scar over his left eye and his hair was messy. Heran his hand through his dark brown hair his emerald green eyes scanning her for any weapon or potential danger. He bowed his head slightly and nodded "yes I am a shapeshifter my name is spike." His deep voice was calm and steady as he spoke to the human in front of him.

Despite his slightly frightening appearance, Zali was unafraid. Fear was something she rarely felt. It wasn't because of bravery, it was ignorance. She had no weapons other than a small knife in her boot, which she didn't even know how to properly use. Her mom always told her to never go unarmed. "Nice to meet you, Spike!" Zali held out her hand towards him to shake.

((Does anyone want to meet up with Kyle?))

Pierre listened to the conversation between the lizard and Zali and hissed quietly when the lizard turned into a human. He looked the person over and heard him say his name was Spike, and he quickly hid behind the tree. Shape shifters are weird. He thought, watching Spike.

Spike smiled softly and shook the girls hand. He was very gentle unless a loved one or himself was attacked. He looked at the tree the cat hid behind "I'm not going to hurt you, its nice to meet you." He looked up towards the sky and hummed to himself.

Zali turned her head to Pierre hiding behind the tree. "It's ok Pierre, he seems nice! Don't be such scaredy-cat." She giggled at her own joke. She automatically trusted anyone she met.

Pierre nodded at Spike and looked at Zali when she joked. He smiled and sat, cleaning his paw again. He paused and listened for any noise, then realized he hadn't introduced himself. "I'm Pierre, as Zali said. I'm a Familiar without a master. Pleased to meet you." He said in his human voice.

Spike nodded chuckling a little at the girls joke. He sat down and shifted into his cheetah kitten form. He always enjoyed this form and he starred up at the sky "so we are near the new greenfield right?"

(((Elfte can meet up with Kyle)))

(((Send the Twins to Skinner's den:) )))

Nestled between a bakery and a bank sits a small art studio. The little brick building looks normal on the outside. The curtains on the second story window were purple and drawn. The hanging wooden sign that read FOR HIRE.

This was all Sideways was able too see of the unimpressive building as Roxy lead him to see this Doctor character. She walked up and pounded on the door, making the stained glass trimming rattle in the frame, "HEY DOC! I GOT A FRESH ONE HERE TO SEE YA!", she yelled as she continued to knock as hard as she could. In a instant, the door was thrown open to reveal a rumpled man with wild, curly strawberry blond hair. This man, which Sideway assumed to be the Doctor that the Punk Girl was yelling about, looked pissed.

"ROXY! Knock it off I am working", he fumed.

"WEll stop working. I got a new guy for your reports or whatever", she said, elbowing Sideway in the chest, "And isn't he a looker?".

Sideways extended his hand to shake but the Doctor already turned away and walked into his house. Roxy followed after him and Sideways brought up the rear, shutting the door behind him.

Inside was not what he expected from the outside. The vaulted ceiling room was lit with warm, natural light. Everything was made of either leather or a deep stained wood and the room seemed to be devoid of any modern technology. Every surface was covered in trinkets and books and jars of strange substances. He didn't get much time to look because Roxy's teal mohawk vanished down the hallway. When he caught up, he found himself taking a right down a narrow stone hallway that seemed to be carved out of stone. He followed the gentle curve of the tunnel and found himself in a circular room with a domed ceiling. Strange symbols were carved into the stone walls and floor.

"Take off your cloths and sit there on that table", The Doctor said, motioning to a thick wooden table.

Sideways blinked and dropped his bag off his shoulder. The doctor grabbed a few normal looking instruments and turned back around to scowl at Sideway, "Why are you just standing there like a dumbass? Drop them and sit", he demanded.

Sideway glanced at Roxy who was perched on the corner of a table covered in glass beakers and pommels and jars.

"But, she is in here", he muttered.

The doctor rolled his eyes and motioned for the woman to get out. Roxy sneered and walked to the door, "Don't flatter yourself pretty boy", she said as she vanished down the hallway.

"Don't touch anything either!", the doctor yelled after her. The Doctor looked at Sideway and looked him up and down. Sideway rolled his eyes and did what he asked.

A few minutes later, the Doctor was poking and prodding at him in silence, only taking a break when he wrote some notes down on his leather bound notebook.

"Whats your name", he asked

"Sideway. Robert Sideway"

"Huh. Weird name. Alright Robert-"

"Sideway"

"Whatever. Sideway, do you know what species you are?"

"What do you mean?"

"Well, what are you? I'm torn between a harpy or a luck Fae"

"What are you talking about? I'm human."

"No your not. Your clearly something different. Your blood tastes like it has saturated amounts of serotonin and testosterone in it and you smell like flint and sex. So I ask again: what are you?"

"You drank my blood?"

"Stop dickin' around and tall me what species you are!"

"I don't know what your talking about."

The Doctor pinched his nose and groaned in frustration. He stayed silent for several seconds and Sideway was sure he heard the Doctor counting under his breath. Sideway broke the silence first" So whats your name?"

The doctor walked to the other side off the room and tinkered with a few things on the desk, "Luke Skinner. Call me Skinner though. You can put your pants back on by the way. I couldn't find any weird scars or brandings that indicated you were in a clan." He walked back over and took Sideway's arm, "This will hurt". He jabbed a needle into the vein of Sideway's arm and injected a fascia liquid into his bloodstream.

"Ow what the hell man? WHat was that?"

"A magical suppressant. It will keep you from being killed by magic and stop your body from producing any of it's own. I will check up on you tomorrow and see how your doing. If your not dead it really narrows it down what you are"

Sideway didn't say anything about that, he only stared at him like he sprouted a second head, "Are you a wizard?", he asked, going out on a limb.

Skinner pounded the table next to him, causing Sideway to jump in surprise, "Do NOT call me that. I have worked to hard to be lumped in with all the fruity nature lovers and those guys who do parlor tricks", Skinner growled, the air sparking with magic. Sideway put up his hands in surrender and didn't say a word more.

"You can leave now", skinner said, turning back to what he was doing.

Sideway grabbed his bag off the floor and walked out of Skinner's weird house.

Roxy was leaning against the wall waiting when Sideway stepped out of the "Doctor's" office, "So how was your date?" she teased.

"Don't you have anything better to do?"

"Nope", she quipped, "So whatta wanna do?"

"I don't know. What is there to do?" he asked.

"Come one. I'll show you around", she grabbed his hand and rocketed into the sky with him dangling behind her, screaming the whole way.

Elfte froze when she was able to hear them more clearly, programs implemented in her head filtered the background noise out of their conversation. She heard something about a familiar and a shape shifter. These beings were magical beings and the probability of violence rose. She melted back into the underbrush. She would need to stay back. She carefully backtracked to the trail to try to skirt around them to get to town.

"We are. The town is about five minutes away, I think." Pierre said, looking at Spike. "Are you from Greenfield?" He asked curiously, cleaning his tail.

Kyle watched the townsfolk walk by. He had found a bench to sit on and was taking a small rest after having walked around aimlessly for half an hour. He sighed and felt the cool water from the fountain behind him spray on his neck, wondering if his friends were missing him. "I just want to go home." He whispered, not wanting to think about how he would stay in the town. He would have to find a hotel, if there were even any in the town, and he would have to find money. He hated that he lost his wallet and groaned, rubbing his eyes.

Spike shrugged his shoulders "yes, just not this one. I am from the old greenfield, I have been liking for my friends. I am not sure if any survived the destruction other than me but I won't give up looking for them." He rubbed his arms as he remenised about his friends.Username:

(I'm considering bringing back Kat, though full shadow. Or maybe just Z, lol)

"I wasn't there, at the old Greenfield," Zali said, "but I heard some people talking about it when I first came here. Sounded horrible." She frowned for a few moments before her bright smile repapered. "So who are your friends? I'll tell the animals to look around and see if they can find them. They're good at finding things and people. They helped me find my camera just a few days ago. It was hanging from a low tree branch."

(Alright bringing back characters for the win biggrin.gif. Either way you go spike will act a little different depending which one.)

Spike nodded and looked around in the forest around them. "I guess Kat is the best to ask for because she would know what happened to the others. She hangs out with an animal named z" spike shifted to show her what z looked like then shifted back human stretching.

Pierre just listened to the twos conversation, confused. He had no idea who Kat was, and he hadn't known there had been an old Greenfield. He just assumed there was the one he currently knew about. He wanted to ask what had happened to the last Greenfield but decided against it, instead looking to the side as a bird flapped down by the three.

Caustiously, Detrin slowly took a step inside the magical barrier. His vivid orange fur bristled at the feeling as he passed. As soon as it was deemed safe, his sister soon joined him. Detrin in the lead, both twins slipped through the alleyways and navigated further into the city.

Detrin, do you smell that?

Of course he did. The irresistable scent of food wafted from a cozy little bakery. Since the two had lived on wild game for most of their life, the smell made them ravenous. Sarinte climbed up a dumpster and leaped to grab the gutter of the brick house neighboring the bakery. A scrabbling of claws and she was on the roof. It was noted almost automatically that the roof was in direnneed of replacing. Only when Detrin joined his sister and began to walk did they realize the full extent of this. With a groan, the old wood from the rafters gave in, taking Sarinte with it. The werecat hit the floor with a wheeze as the air was forced from her lungs. Now incredibly concerned, Detrin skirted around the massive hole they had created into a random house.

Sarinte? Are you okay? Hurry up and get out before somebody notices you!

(sorry my father was here this weekend. He got me a gun for my birthday. My mom was so pissed xd.png it's not even a real gun, it's an air soft or soft shoot or whatever. And i'll bring Z back. I'll make a form for him tomorrow though. I'm on my phone so I can't make a form now)

Zali nodded. "K! I'll tell all the animals to look out for those two."

Z's little wings couldn't take any more flying. The tiny green dragon suddenly crashed towards the ground. He was small enough to fit easily in a normal human hand and had dull olive scales. His small weak body collided with the ground, nearly knocking him unconscious. After lying in the grass for several minutes he stood. It took him a moment to realize his wings were in great pain. One small wing had a cut in it, rendering him incapable of flight. How would he find Greenfield now? How would he find his friends now? He looked at the forest surrounding him. He tried to not think that he was probably going to die in here. He began walking. He had no clue which correction he was headed. For all he knew, he was heading the direction he came from.

Spike was really worried "thank you, please try to figure out as soon as you can, I really have missed them." His eyes focused on the ground As he stood up. He was pretty big as a human though he shifted into a wolf. His wolf form had sleek silver fur with 2 lines of black fur down his back. "If you hear anything use this." He pawed a small whistle he had put down and bowed his head. "I best be off looking for them." Spike started walking through the forest looking for any of the old crew and seeing if he could catch one of their scents.

Elf was able to pick up the small object plummeting towards the ground. The whatever it was landed not to far off from her. She bit her lip, a human gesture that she picked up over the years, and decided that something that small would never be able to harm her. She grew closer to the place that she calculated the thing would hit the forest floor.

Skinner jumped when a loud crash was heard in his kitchen. He grabbed his drumstick from the goblet full of pens and locator rods and headed to investigate.

"You crazy censorkip.gif* put me down!", Sideway yelled as he clung to the waist of Roxy, clinging for dear life by her bandalaro belt. Roxy paused her non stop rambling about the town and glared at him, "Will you quit crying. You can't fall becasue air is denser than you", she said as they twirled over the forest. She had been pointing out the landmarks of Greenfield and telling him stories. Of course he couldn't hear any of the tour over his screaming.

Elf crouched low as she neared a spot in the underbrush that seemed to be thrashing and very upset. She took a breath, again, out of habit and not necessity, and stepped forward. Struggling with what seemed like a injured wing, was a small lizard-like creature. She hated to see a creature in pain so she crept forward to see if she could help, "Hello, little one? You seemed to have taken a tumble", she asked softly.

Skinner turned the corner from his secret tunnel and turned left to go into the kitchen. Already he could see the hole in the roof and hear frantic voices. He turned he corner with his drumstick out and saw a bipedal cat creature laying on his clean kitchen floor surrounded in rubble. He naturally reacted with anger, 'What the hell are you doing in my kitchen?", he demanded, walking into the room. His drumstick was trained on the cat. It wasn't evil, otherwise it wouldn't have been able to get past the spells that protect his home and workshop.

Roxy shot towards the ground like a meteor, Sideway, screaming all the way. She hit the ground with her too big combat boots and Sideway in her arms bridal style. He clung to her neck until he realized what he was doing. Then he flailed until Roxy dropped him on the stone road. She corssed her arms and watched him stand, "Your so lame", she said, "I was just showing you around the only way I know how"

"You never told me you could fly"

"You didn't ask"

Sideway didn't have an answer for that and it only managed to annoy him further, "What are you?", he asked as he got to his feet.

"I don't know. I can alter physics and have always been able to do it"

"You don't know what you are?"

"Nope. Guess we are one in the same"

Roxy smiled and slapped him on the shoulder, "I'm cooler than you", she then turned around and walked towards the bakery, "Come one, this place serves coffee"

Sideway was hungry after all. He followed without another word.

Any sort of shock involved with the air being knocked from her lungs dissolved instantly as an unfamiliar voice was sounded. Sarinte quickly scrambled to her feet to stare at the owner of the house, her gray eyes widening. Almost automatically did she bristle in fear at him. The unknown was always terrifying, and it was no different for the young werecat. When she was found unable to choke out an answer, her brother spoke up for her. With the grace of a cat, he leaped down and landed precisely in front of Sarinte.

Your roof gave in and she fell. It was an accident, I swear! Detrin insisted. His set of multicolored eyes remained locked on the drumstick that was pointed accusingly at them. Was it a wand? So this man was a magic-user? It had to be the right place, then. We've never been in a city before, we didn't know if the roof could hold our weight. I don't really have much to pay you back with...uh... The werecat trailed off as he shuffled around through his pockets and then his bag. What did people find valuable?

Skinner raised his drumstick as the other cat creature fell from the hole in the roof. These beings did not seem to want to harm him or wreck his stuff. He thought for a moment. There creatures were new to this town and society. That meant that they were a unrecorded species. He glanced up at the hole in his roof. That would need to be fixed right away and he couldn't do it himself. He lowered his drumstick and held out his hand when the male tried to offer something to pay for the damages, "I don't want you money", he said, motioning for them to follow as he walked down the hall, "Guess neither one of you have had a check up." He tapped his finger against the stone wall and watched it melt away to reveal his secret hallway. He made sure the creatures saw where he was going before walking in his workshop.

He got his things together to examine the two cats. He had never seen a species like the two that fell through his house. AS he worked on his bench, he spoke, "Since you cause quite a lot of property damage, I think we can work something out.", he said, dumping an armful of tools on the small, chrome medical table that stood out in the room made of stone and wood. He motioned to the thick wooden table that he had Sideway sitting on a few minutes before, 'One of you sit there", he commanded, 'If you want to pay me back all you have to do is let me check you guys off...and work for me to pay off the damages on the roof". That was his deal and he said it without looking up from what he was doing.

There was a hesitation before the two darted after Skinner. They hadn't been in a house for ages and only just met its occupant. But Skinner's home was just too interesting for them not to explore it. With Detrin in the lead, both twins followed the mage down the secret passageway.

Check...up...? Sarinte repeated softly. What on Earth did this man mean by that? Check up on them? The female obvious reluctance to comply led to Detrin hopping up on the table. He swung his legs idly as he sat and glanced around the room. Inseed, it was strange.

Why do you have a den inside your den? That doesn't seen to make much sense unless you were trying to hide something. Which you aren't, because you just showed it to us. Detrin stopped talking to turn and examine Skinner. His pair of mismatched eyes narrowed a fraction. He wasn't inclined to trust this stranger, but they owed him and didn't have much of a choice. Are you used to seeing weird stuff? 'Cause most people would try to kill us by now. Or they'd be screaming. Whichever happened first.

"This is my workshop. It's not good to do magical experiments near things you come in contact with every day", he said. He turned back around and he was wearing a pair of thin frame reading glasses. He flipped to a fresh page in his notebook and went to work.

"Whats you name and species", he asked as he had his fingers in his mouth, "Good dental hygiene", he muttered. He wrote a few things down and put on a stethoscope, "Breath in for me" he asked, "So what brings you guys here?", he asked the female watching him work from not far off.

The brother in the set of twins reacted with a mix of alarm and confusion when a hand was shoved in his mouth. Afraid he might hurt Skinner with this serrated teeth, Detrin was careful as he spoke. Detrin Halfpaw. Werecat. Of course, the answer came out muffled. When the hand was finally removed, he licked his teeth and curled his lips slightly. But, Detrin was compliant. He had no intention of pissing Skinner off any more. As he followed the man's instructions, his fiery orange tail flicked back in forth. It was a habit whenever he was uncomfortable.

Sarinte was hesitant to speak to Skinner. She was the shier one of the pair, and was less inclined to trust people. But, this stranger wasn't hurting her brother any and merely seemed curious. Eventually, she answered. We heard stories of this place when we were little from our mother. When everything fell apart for us, we went searching for it. It was luck we ended up finding it, though. She answered softly.

Skinner nodded and scribbled down Detrin's name and speciesat the top of the page of the rest of his notes on him, "Halfpaw...", he muttered, remembering something about that name, "I heard something about a Halfpaw when I first blew into town. Never got to meet her though". He ripped the wrapper off a sterile needle and took his wrist, 'This is going to hurt", he warned as he jabbed it in his arm and pulled half a vial of blood from the werecat's veins, 'But it's over in a flash". He pulled out the needle and tossed the needle in the hearth to burn. He popped open the vial and took a small swig of his blood, "Oh you two haven't eaten anything other than meat for a few years", he said, pouring the rest of the blood into a small beaker and turned on the burner under neath. The liquid inside changed to a lavender color, "Oh you have some magic in your blood", he said, writing a few things down.

Skinner did not speak as he wrote a page of notes on the back of Detrin's medical bio. He smiled at Detrin, "As far as I can tell your healthy. A little malnurished and untrained but healthy. A few days in town and you will feel better than you had in years". He looked at the female and jerked his head to the table, "Your up", he said as he reset his work space.

Detrin's response to being stabbed was expected. He hissed angrily, and unsheathed his claws. But there was no violence other than that. Even if he had lived in the wild for years, he wasn't particularly inclined to violence. Ears flattening in discontent, Detrin studied the small red dot on his wrist sourly. This stranger was just stating the obvious. It was rather irritating.

"You're up."

Poor Sarinte seemed to shrink half her size as attention was put on her. She watched with growing dread as her brother hopped down from the wooden table and joined her in standing. Detrin gave her a small nudge, which made her bristle. It's fine. Don't worry, I'm right here. Reluctantly, she crept towards the table. When unable to walk any further, she climbed up onto it and pulled her knees to her chest. Afraid didn't even start to cover her sheer terror.