ShadowMonster

The third Greenfield

(Ah. Okay, go ahead. Jeez, I hope claw posts soon. I'm in limbo. I can't post much more OoC, or it might be seen as spam, so...)

(sorry my internet has been crap the past few days... I'll make a bad character now ^.^

K, made a bad character. Check him out and please read what I put in "other")

Edited by ShadowMonster

Earlier that week...

Raven took up a more comfortable stance. She looked out over the small city of Greenfield, it's once active streets now occupied by one or two. It was here, that she and Storm had once lay in the grass, looking up at the clouds. Storm. Her right fist clenched, her knuckles turning white. When she opened her hand again, there were small crescents off blood on her palm. The wind tossed her dark fur upwards, against the usually flat way it layed. She sighed sadly, turning her back to Greenfieldand instead to the forest that lay beyond, illuminated by the moon. The city was a far cry from what it once was, nearly wiped off the face of the earth by the War.

The wind picked up, carrying the canine's tears away. She began to run into the wind, her strong legs carrying her into the forest.

Last Night

The canine strolled carelessly through the streets of Elko. By now, the locals had grown accustomed to her roaming around, and even taken to naming her 'The Living Shadow'. She earned her name by often being just a flash of black at the corner of one's eyes, detaching herself from the shadows themselves.

It was late at night, and few people milled around on the large city's streets. With the low light, Raven needn't worry about being spotted. Humans were most times oblivious to the small details, such as a wolf's silhouette in the shadows. She walked by a small coffee shop, pausing momentarily to peer inside. It resembled the one in Greenfield, startling so. Suddenly, the fem was launched back into overwhelming memories. Such as when the heavily tattooed man saved her from the Hunter, and later ended up nearly leveling the shop. She chuckled sadly at the memories, good and bad alike. Peering back at the glass, she saw her own reflection. Her fur was still a lush black, her eyes, a bright gold. It'd been many months since she'd shifted to a human, and her eyes as a wolf, had returned to the common wolf gold. Yet, there was something missing in their depths. Sighing, she looked to the moon. It was waning, and didn't offer as much light. Nodding to herself, Raven made a decision.

Bounding off into the night, she headed to the forest, going south. The moon accompanied her, illuminating her path. An hour of so later, she slowed, looking out over Greenfield, the volcano once home to the crazed wolf, Rebel, standing vigil in the distance. She missed Greenfield. She missed we friends, and the enemies. Too much had changed. She'd once been so happy, no longer so alone like she's been for most her life. But here she was again, left with no one but herself. Headed east, she came upon the lake. It's banks had grown, and the water was now five feet closed to... She looked to the house she and Storm had hand built all the while back. It still stood strong. Smiling to herself, Raven slipped into the house. While it was musty, everything was just the way she'd left it. A bowl of fruit sat rotting on the counter and she shook her head. I have to remember to empty the fridge and other perishables before I leave for more than a few days. Taking the bowl in her jaws, she carried it back to the door, tossing the fruit, then carried he bowl to the sink, ready to be washed.

Exhaustion seized her, and she yawned, going to lock the door (she'd slipped in through a window kept unlocked for the specific reason of entering the house as a wolf), then trotted back into the bedroom she'd once shared with her mate. Half of her was expecting to find him there, or at least his clothing, but she found none. A short blip of memory came back to her, as she recalled shoving them all into his old closet. She was tempted to go and open the closet, yet the more sensible part warned her away. Instead, she leapt up onto the bed. No trace of Storm's scent remained. Only her own stale scent did. Sighing, she settled into the soft mattress. The moon still visible from her windows, as was the lake.

((I'll start Rain some other time.))

Edited by RavenWolf1010

(I'm tempted... How would you guys react if I brought Storm back? I'm thinking that, if I do, he would have suffered from amnesia, unable to remember anything from the previous Greenfield.)

(I don't know what to post xd.png and not true pad foot spike is from the original greenfield and so is z, I think we can bring others but not all of them only those who could have escaped or like mine who had run into the forest before the destruction.)

(((Spike and Z are not buildings. They are characters. We were not talking about characters.)))

(((Go for it. Remember though, it is midday)))

Edited by padfoot

((Alright, thanks pad. Got it, midday. biggrin.gif ))

As the sun's light filled the room now, Raven squeezed her eyes shut tighter, trying to block the light. She then rolled over on to her back, letting the light warm her belly. After a few moments, she yawned, and began to stretch, her paws splaying up into the air.

Rolling out of bed, she landed lightly on the floor, then padded to the kitchen. To her dismay, she realized that no food. The canine snorted, feeling her stomach rumble, demanding food. Judging by the sun's position over the lake, breakfast had passed, and it was now nearly lunchtime. Raven took note that the clocks had all stopped, and needed new batteries. I'll head to town and pick up some stuff. Looks like I'll be here a while now. A ear-splitting crack sent her crouching to the ground, fur on end, and searching around for a bullet hole. It took her a bit to calm down and sort out what'd happen, and she then realized that it hadn't been a gun. She'd heard the sound before, but she couldn't quite place it. Moving as quietly as she could, Raven moved to the front of the house, and peered out a window. There stood a girl on the porch. For a moment, she thought it could have been Rain, an angel she'd met a while back. But catching the side profile of the girl's face, she realized it was indeed not. Raven found herself wondering if Rain had made it, or better yet, where she went.

Raven peeked out at the girl once more, trying to decide how to address it. She watched as she pulled a baseball from her bag, and then send it flying into the forest, and lodging it in a tree. Raven raised a brow, taking a mental note to not tick her off while she was holding a bat. Nodding to herself, she slipped back out the window from where she'd entered last night, and went around the house, approaching the girl carefully.

Roxy swung her bat and hit the bottom of the baseball. She swore as the foul ball sailed over her head. She watched it hit the wood of the porch and bounce onto the yard. She extended her hand and the ball shot off the ground and into her hand. She looked out over the yard with confusion. THere was a black wolf standing not to far off. She glanced around and found that it was alone. Roxy wasn't afraid of one wolf. Shoe could take care of herself and wolves haven't been a threat for a very long time. She turned back to the lake and tossed up the ball. It connected with her (now) 8 ton wooden bat with a crack. The baseball finally had enough. The leather of the ball peeled away and landed at the edge of the water. The rubber core screamed across the sky and vanished from sight. Roxy sighed, that was her last baseball.

Raven watched the ball disapear over her head. She raised a brow, looking back to the girl. Her nose twitched and she edged closer, her head low. And then, she bounded back the direction she came. Slipping back into the house, she sighed, and shifted forms.

It was rough, and even a little painful. Now standing as a human, she rubbed her stiff muscles, and stretched out her joints. Strolling to the front door, she unlocked it, then opened it.

Roxy had just dropped her bat into her purse with a complete disregard for physics when she head the door unlock behind her. She was surprised to say the least. This house had been empty since she moved to Greenfield. She had even tagged one of the bedrooms a few months back. She was sure that no one was living there. That's why she was confused that a woman was standing in the open door. She must be a squatter and woke up to Roxy sending baseballs into the stratosphere. She kept her lax posture and looked the girl over, "Good afternoon", she said.

"Afternoon." Raven looked the girl over, a bemused look on her face. "Were you waiting for something?" She sidestepped, opening the door wider. "Would you like to come in?"

Roxy raised an eyebrow at the girl. Why was she inviting her inside? If she wanted to go inside she would. She didn't need permission. She shook her head at her question, "No, this place just has the most direct view off the lake. Less chance of hitting a tree and all", she said, stepping around her and walking into the house. The interior was the same as he remembered: dirty and dusty. Roxy did not worry about this strange girl, she could take care of herself.

Edited by padfoot

"I'm Raven, by the way." She closed the door behind her. Strolling over the the kitchen, she checked the fridge, then closed it, frowning. "I've been... Staying in Elko for a while, so, sorry about the mess." She grabbed a rag, starting to wipe dust off stuff.

Roxy skeptically walked into the house and looked around. There didn't look like there was anything of value to steal and she frowned. She was hoping to at least make a quick buck of this girl's generosity. She followed to the kitchen. She didn't even notice the dust until she mentioned and began to disturb it into the air, "Roxy", she said, "Roxy Locus. I'm sorry where did you say you were from?". She mentioned Elko. She had heard of that town. It was not to far from here and, as she heard, was full of the people that thought they could run Greenfield better. She wasn't sure what to make of this girl and regretted forgetting her purse outside.

((Sorry, I didn't realize how long I'd been gone... school and projects have been eating up all of my time lately.))

" 'Ere's a dragon," Fette crooned, sitting the small creature on the relatively clean hardwood counter. Pulling a home rolled cigarette from behind one dreadlock-obscured ear; Fette pinched it thoughtfully between his sharp teeth as he carefully unwrapped each of the silk packages. Taking care to measure the contents of each one, Fette mumbled bits and snippets of his recipes, puffing smoke rings which tipped lazily towards the ceiling. "Artemesia.... Arnica montana, belladonna.... We got more painkillers here than an opium den." He said, wiggling an eyebrow suggestively at the young android still standing a few feet away.

Switching his rumpled cigarette to one side of his mouth, Fette poked Z's tiny wing, pushing it gently back and forth.

"Well" Fette said, cocking a gnarly eyebrow, "It ain't broken... Jus' seems to be dislocated." Placing a couple of gentle tattooed fingers on the base of Z's tiny wing, Fette grimaced. " 'S gonna hurt, but I can't have you thrashin' around like a bat outta hell." Fette shot a sympathetic look at the tiny creature, ash from his cigarette drifting down to halo its' tiny head. "Do ya think you can handle it, or do ya need a little liquid courage there?" He added, hands still at the ready to ease the tiny creatures' wing back in place.

Edited by ChildeRolande

"I didn't. I'm... I suppose you could say I'm from here. Anyways, nice to meet you

Roxy. I suppose you're the same Roxy that tagged the guest bedroom?" She didn't look up from her cleaning, but smiled and laugh.

(Well ok everyone go on ignoring what I asked then, thanks for everyone imput mellow.gif )

Z never removed his eyes from Fette as he worked. He coughed as ash from the disgusting cigarette ambled into his nostrils. "Yeah whatever jus-" A sneeze interrupted his sentence. "j-just do-" he sneezed again. "it." One more sneeze before he finally stopped. His sneezes made him sound like a little girl fairy or pixie. He dug his claws lightly into the wood beneath him and tried forgetting about how girly his sneezes were.

((Shadowmonster... I kinda dig Axel, but why is he trying to destroy Greenfield? Like, what makes him evil? Or do you plan to flesh that out later?))

(Sorry I didn't see it but yea another bad guy always could be used but I agree why is he angry?)

Spike decided to walk back into town. He was walking around when he heard a high pitched noise sounding almost like a girl squeel. He walked quickly thinking someone was in trouble. He realized that he was in some sort of doctors office and peeked in, his eyes grew wide as he saw who it was but he didn't want to go in yet. He wasn't going to go in just yet but he wanted to make sure "Z? Is that you!?"

Fette gritted his sharp teeth, toying with his rumpled cigarette as he carefully re-located Z's wing with a resounding pop. Grinning through the thin haze of blue smoke, Fette turned for a moment, returning with a thimble full of thick amber liquid. With a wink he deposited it in front of the dragon, a bit of the liquid sloshing over the edge of the thimble and onto the counter, collecting there for a moment before it began to sizzle. "Essence of High John the Conquerer" Fette said, catching Elfte's and Z's dubious looks. "Believe me, if you didn't breathe fire before, you will now" Fette chuckled, wiping his tattooed hands on a filthy bar towel.

Hearing a voice outside, Fette turned towards the door, an enormous fake smile spreading across his face. "Well, well well" He boomed, spreading his arms wide "Looks like we have a cust-" Fette stopped short with a groan. "Oh god... it's the bug guy" He said, turning back to his work with heavy concentration. "Just... don't let him touch anything" Fette said to Elfte with a pleading look.

Dipping a paintbrush into the thimble, before dipping it once again into a few of the tiny piles of herbs deposited around Z. Spreading the concoction along Z's previously injured wing, Fette tied it up with a tightly with a bundle of red flannel. "For luck..." Fette said to the small dragon, "Now drink the rest of the High John" Fette said, tidying the countertop with the filthy rag. " 'S pretty much liquid strength, and it's expensive as hell.....Almost had to sell my ferret to afford that much" He added bitterly. " 'Sides, I need you to get big 'n strong to fetch a good price..." Fette said with a single, loud laugh.

Edited by ChildeRolande

(Basically he just considers anyone with powers and whatnot to be a disease, so to speak. I put a question in the "others" section but I guess no one saw it. Should I make him and Zali half-siblings or step-siblings or something like that. If so then Axel would have found out about powers and stuff through her, and maybe idk she did something with her powers that scared or hurt him (because talking to animals can very easily injure someone mellow.gif careful with your talking there you might poke someone's eye out!). If not, then idk someone he met might have hurt him or scared him with his powers. Basically someone hurt him with their powers and now he wants to kill them all because he think they're all a disease to the world. The end.)

Z's claws dug deeper into the wood as his wing popped back into place. His teeth sunk into his tongue to keep from yelling out. Z looked suspiciously at the thimble set in front of him. He sniffed the elixir and backed away, disliking both the smell and look. Was he supposed to drink that? All thoughts of whatever he was meant to do with the liquid contained in the thimble faded when he heard a voice. He recognized the voice immediately without even seeing who spoke. "Spike! You're alive!" He grinned. If he was alive, more of their old friends were probably alive too! It couldn't just be them two. He hardly even noticed what Fette did until it was done. He looked inside the thimble again. Very little was left but he still didn't want to drink it.

(That sounds awesome xd.png that would be a good twist the bad guy is one of the good people's brother smile.gif )

Spike smiled widely slowly walking in and up beside the small dragon. He looked into the thimble and back to Z. He patted Z on the head "what did you get yourself into? Or did you just crash and hurt yourself?" He was excited Z was alive and found his way here,that meant that the others could have made it here too he just had to find them. He kneeled and took a closer look at the small dragons wings determining it would be probably at least 3 weeks before he would be flying again. Satisfied that Z was relatively fine he recalled that he didn't see Kat in the immediate area. Petting z's head he spoke trying not to upset Z but trying to figure out if kat's Around as well. "Z who brought you here, did you fly all the way out here then crash or did someone bring you here?" Only after speaking did he here the remark about the big guy "for your information I'm not just a bug guy I'm pretty good with herbs animals plants and many more things of nature, bugs are just a good annoyance for those who annoy or cause me stress without actually hurting them too much, besides if I had a few tigers help out I would start an actual fight which I don't think would be smart all the time."

Edited by voltage

(((I really like it, Axel seems like a good villain to me. I like the development.

Also Voltage, Fette's shop is full of herbal magic, not a doctors office.)))

Fette tapped a long, clawlike fingernail against the counter, leaning with deceptive nonchalance against the register. "I'd mind my head there, friend." Fette purred, stroking a finger lovingly across one of the many bundles of herbs strung with twine from the ceiling. Hemlock. An especially strong batch he and Liar had managed to dig out of the rivers of Tennesee. "But anyway" Fette started, forcing a smile accross his thin lips "You should come over for tea sometime so we can discuss just how acquainted you are with herbs."

Fette tipped the dragon a wink before collecting himself; brushing a hand through his thick mane of dreadlocks. Despite himself, he quite liked the little dragon. He was fiesty, Fette thought.

Turning his attentions to Elfte, Fette sat his scruffy chin in the palms of his hands, fluttering his eyelashes in a satire of flirtation at the android. As much as he liked the dragon, he'd always prefer pretty women.... mechanical or otherwise.

"So" Fette began, raising a single dark eyebrow "Exactly how do you plan to pay for these *ahem* procedures, miss?" A wolfish grin worked its way slowly across Fette's tanned face. "Cash? Credit? You see I do have an err, alternate method available for ladies such as yourself..."

Edited by ChildeRolande