Amazing_Grace

Popcorn

Whether it's kettle corn, caramel corn, or just regular buttered popcorn feel free to discuss it. When's the last time you ate it? Who were you with? What were you doing? What's your favorite type?

I love: Popcorn with salt only, caramel corn, popcorn with bacon, buttered popcorn. With some cheese too, I guess tongue.gif

Last time? Last month, December 2013.

I was with my mother.

I was probably watching some videos on Youtube. biggrin.gif

I like lime popcorn (this stuff). Not a fan of caramel at all, on anything. If I eat regular popcorn, I have to slather butter all over it so the lime is a better option sometimes. I don't keep butter in my dorm, for example. laugh.gif

For just a regular snack I love the kettle corn, its sweet and salty flavor suits me well. Another thing I love is at Halloween where you get those huge popcorn balls. They make me happy though they are the devil for me to eat. Takes me hours to finish it.

I got kettle corn at a fair once that was so divine that I have been trying (and failing) to find kettle corn that good ever since. I have tried other vendors, various microwave brands, and even air-popping my own with a recipe - it's good, but not like that popcorn was. I can't even describe how heavenly it tasted. I think that one day at the fair will just be the high point of my popcorn experience forever.

Edited by Tecca

I rarely eat popcorn. I like regular popcorn that is not microwaved (the chemical additives in microwaved popcorn scare me O_O ), but as I do not have a popcorn popper, I almost never actually eat any. xd.png I love kettle corn, though.

Yes, excellent thread, let's do this. I love popcorn. I like it salty and buttery, I like it with cheese flavouring, I like it with sour cream and chives flavouring. I like mixing my peanut M&Ms with it. And I love it with caramel!

I do love popcorn. I think air popped corn is tasteless and dry. I like butter, on mine. Cheese is also good and kettle corn is tasty. I abhor over salted popcorn. I had to get a separate container of popcorn from my husband because he liked more butter and salt on his than I could stand.

Lime popcorn? Sounds interesting, I have never seen or heard about it before. Is it new?

To cook popcorn on the stove you just need a sturdy flat bottomed pot with a lid, some oil and some popcorn and patience. Follow the directions on the package of popcorn and use decent oil for best results. Put popcorn and oil in the pot, turn on the heat to a med high high setting and put the lid on. Move the pot back and forth on the burner and the heat will cause the corn to pop. Keep the pot moving so the kernels don't burn. When the pops slow so seconds can be counted between them or you smell the corn trying to burn take if away from the heat, remove the lid and carefully pour the popped corn in your bowl. Add toppings and flavorings if desired and enjoy. You don't need a popcorn popper.

To cook popcorn on the stove you just need a sturdy flat bottomed pot with a lid, some oil and some popcorn and patience. Follow the directions on the package of popcorn and use decent oil for best results. Put popcorn and oil in the pot, turn on the heat to a med high high setting and put the lid on. Move the pot back and forth on the burner and the heat will cause the corn to pop. Keep the pot moving so the kernels don't burn. When the pops slow so seconds can be counted between them or you smell the corn trying to burn take if away from the heat, remove the lid and carefully pour the popped corn in your bowl. Add toppings and flavorings if desired and enjoy. You don't need a popcorn popper.

That's how my husband makes popcorn, he even has a separate stainless steel pot with a see-through lid, that he only uses for popcorn and nothing else. Last time we had popcorn - two days ago, watching a movie at home. We like it with lots of butter and parmesan cheese.

I vowed to myself that I'd cut down on chips/crisps, popcorn and other salty snacks.

But then I saw this and now I want to hop through the store later and get some popcorn. I usually buy salty microwave popcorn, so I haven't had all these culinary experiences. I still like it.

I used to sort of hate popcorn because pieces would get stuck in my teeth, but I mean I still liked it.

I hate regular kettle corn. It has to actually have something for me to like it, because it's kind of really nasty.

My favorite popcorn flavors are:

-Popcorn Indiana's Cinnamon Kettle Corn

-Chocolate Peanut Butter Kettle Corn from the same brand

-And best of all, Smartfood White Cheddar Popcorn

Yup.

I REALLY LOVE popcorn. Particularly stove-popped and sprinkled with garlic salt.

I used to eat microwave popcorn, but one day I found out most brands line the bags with Teflon, which kills pet birds if overheated (which doesn't usually happen when you always have it set for a specific amount of time, but "usually" isn't good enough). So now we just get the regular kernels for stove-popping. Takes a little longer to make, but much, much cheaper for the amount of popcorn, doesn't have that gross coating that microwave popcorn has, and most importantly, is also safer for a home with birds.

I was eating some at the cinema the other day. That's about the only time I ever eat it, but I do enjoy it.

I have a hand-turned popcorn popper, so I can make popcorn for a snack whenever I want. Butter and salt are good. I don't like sweet popcorn, though (caramel popcorn is especially awful).

I haven't had microwave popcorn in awhile, so I can't remember what it's like. The popcorn you buy at the movies is good, but I prefer homemade popcorn because it's certainly healthier.

Oh man, I'm starting to seriously crave one of those marshmallow popcorn balls I used to make in elementary school...

I like caramel popcorn and white cheddar popcorn. I have a popcorn store in town, but I haven't bought anything there yet.

Air-popped, organic, non-GMO corn, drenched in fresh butter. I like it as well as the popcorn we use to make in my grandmother's hand-cranked popper. <3

Microwave popcorn is tough, oily, gross and inedible. dry.gif I've never had any that I liked.

I did like Cracker Jack when I was a kid, but I'm not much on caramel corn now. There is also a cheddar popcorn I've had that is kind of a nice evil! xd.png

Unless it's flavored (caramel, candy coated, or cheese) it has to be hot with lots of butter. I don't like regular store-bought popcorn from a bag. If it's eaten hot, microwave popcorn is okay.

I usually get popcorn when I go to the movies, but otherwise I don't eat it much.

I've had caramel popcorn, microwave popcorn, and movie-theater popcorn. However I'm not really a fan of any of it, and it gets stuck in my teeth too easily =P

I won't eat it unless it has tons of butter and I have something to drink too.

Long ago, my parents bought a bucket with three different kinds of popcorn separated: butter, cheese, and caramel. I think the caramel was my favorite but the cheese was a close second.

Now I eat popcorn that is 94% fat free, and I haven't bought popcorn from movie theaters for years ever since they became so expensive.

Long ago, my parents bought a bucket with three different kinds of popcorn separated: butter, cheese, and caramel. I think the caramel was my favorite but the cheese was a close second.

Those things are the beeeeeest

I really liked grabbing handfuls of each and mixing them in a bowl to eat together. Considering the plain butter was a bit boring on its own, it was a great way to eat them.