AnnieLyla

Frozen

Yep. And she wasn't deciding to marry the guy on the day she met him. They're dating. It's an actual normal relationship. It's the same kind of time frame that Rapunzel and Eugene had.

Speaking of Rapunzel, she does look quite a bit like Elsa and Anna... but there are fan theories going around that the queens of Arendelle and Corona were sisters (they're also very similar looking). The theories say that the trip that the King and Queen were going on when their ship sank was to the ceremony for Rapunzel's return. It happened three years before the events of the main plot, and Tangled came out three years before Frozen. And since Rapunzel and Eugene showed up for Elsa's coronation, we know they definitely exist in the same 'verse.

Probably crazy random happenstance, but it's fun to think about.

Except for the fact that, for the second time, she thought a man she barely knew would be the one to save her with an act of true love. Sure she didn't decide to marry him--but she still just decided that he must have been her True Love despite knowing not all that much longer than the first guy she decided was her True Love. :/

Though, honestly, them being sisters does NOT excuse the similarity, IMO. They look too much like Rapunzel to just be related, IMO. The mother, Ana, and Elsa all look like they have virtually the exact same face, and it's horribly similar to Rapunzel. Sure, being family often means you look somewhat alike. But short of being identical multiples, you don't generally have the exact same face as three (possibly four) other members of your family. It more looks to me like they were too lazy to bother with any kind of variety in their faces so they animated one face, then changed the hair a bit and eye colors...

I loved Frozen biggrin.gif The ending was really awesome, especially when she realized the act of true love to save her had nothing to do with guys, lol.

I'm not certain that the cameos makes it definite that they take place in the same universe. This is hardly the first Disney movie to have a cameo.

i havent seen it yet? i sorta want to but im also sort of unenthusiastic about it in general im not sure why?? it just has sort of a meh feeling to me but ill force myself to watch it eventually

i know i wont be able to tolerate olaf though if he's got his own song im just gonna skip the flippin thing

Edited by Switch

Surfing the Frozen tag on tumblr.

We do a lot of hypothesizing over there. smile.gif

Thanks! I found some cool things on there. biggrin.gif

Also, everyone guess what? I've saw Frozen again! tongue.gif Now, I took my friends with me and the movie now have three more fans!

Switch, honestly it's a really good movie you should watch it, it has a beautiful story. And Olaf is the comedy part and one of the cute things, I can't understand why people say he's so annoying.

I felt he was annoying a few times, but tolerable most of the time and sometimes actually funny. They kept him out of everything I felt was an important scene.

(A lot of disney comic reliefs in the past have NOT done that, so I think they had a fairly good balance).

Speaking of cameos, Mickey mouse (or at least a doll of him) is also in the film, and the chocolates Anna eats at the ball are a design nod to Vanellope from Wreck It Ralph.

i know i wont be able to tolerate olaf though if he's got his own song im just gonna skip the flippin thing

No, you really shouldn't do that. His song is really great. It's soo funny and also kind of heartwarming

And the rest of the movie was great too, the story was pretty good (though I would have done it differently) You should totally watch it

Speaking of cameos, Mickey mouse (or at least a doll of him) is also in the film, and the chocolates Anna eats at the ball are a design nod to Vanellope from Wreck It Ralph.

Yeah, the scene in the cabin there's a little Mickey hidden on the shelf.

And there's another secret when Anna jumps in the air and does the pose of the painting from Lisa Keene where there is a woman swinging.

You don't know how much I like to search for these easter eggs! tongue.gif

No, you really shouldn't do that. His song is really great. It's soo funny and also kind of heartwarming

And the rest of the movie was great too, the story was pretty good (though I would have done it differently) You should totally watch it

i still havent seen the movie but i watched the song on its own just because and?? i didnt like it one bit no sir :U

im definitely going to watch it eventually im just being lazy about it

I really liked Frozen (though I completely agree with the critique on representation it's been given) mostly because it really reminds me of my sister and I. I want my sister to watch it to see if she agrees. x3 However, if someone doesn't think they'll like it, I'm not sure I'd push them to watch it. There are some odd parts of it that might turn them away from the movie rather than "convert" them.

Fandomsandfeminism did a great piece on Elsa as a queer heroine (not censoring queer here as I am queer myself) and it's one of my favorite things written about the movie, actually.

I saw a lot of negativity about Olaf before I saw the movie and thought I would hate both him and the movie due to it, but I actually didn't mind him at all, although I completely understand why others wouldn't. Someone had a good point about having both him and the reindeer was kinda too much, even if I didn't mind either of them personally.

I didn't get "Let it Go" when I watched it before I watched the movie. It just seemed really out of context and I was confused and kinda meh on it, but after watching the movie, I did quite enjoy the song and might not say no to having it on my iTunes. =3

I love the movie... Watched it in 3D and it was beautiful. There is here and there things I agree on but the movie was still great to me.

I LOVE Frozen. I've watched it twice at the theather, once in December, the other in January. I love all of the characters, but Elsa's my definite favorite. I don't think many people seem to agree with me. x)

And Kristoff and Sven rock.

I LOVE Frozen. I've watched it twice at the theather, once in December, the other in January. I love all of the characters, but Elsa's my definite favorite. I don't think many people seem to agree with me. x)

And Kristoff and Sven rock.

Same thing here. Two times is better and in 3D! tongue.gif

Oh, Elsa is a favorite for many people (also, I'm one of them) ^^ My mom is in love with her dress and I have to agree with her.

Kristoff and Sven are really cool too. smile.gif

Edited by AnnieLyla

I gotta say, given the nature of the early trailers I honestly wasn't expecting to like the movie as much as I did. I think it's earned a spot on my top ten Disney movies as of the moment, and the fact that it's eventually going to be a musical just ups my opinion of it. But here are some points of mine on the movie.

I'll admit, the comedic sidekick trope has probably been beaten to death by Disney at this point, but I actually found Olaf growing on me by the end of the movie. He's just so cute and his song is so uplifting. And the fact that he's a representation of Elsa and Anna's bond just makes me find him even more adorable. His lines are hilarious, just saying. 'I don't have a skull....or bones.' Cue me getting soda up my nose from laughter.

The animation was just flawless in this movie. Everything flows so well, and the scene where Elsa is making her ice palace was so beautifully animated that it almost brought me to tears. (And Let It Go will never stop giving me goosebumps because of Idina Menzel's flawless voice.) You can tell that they just put so much effort into this movie, and it definitely shows.

The amount of emotion is just....ugh. The songs and the sisterly relationship and everything just really sold the movie for me. I don't care what anybody says about it, this movie legit moved me to the point of tears at a few points, and it hàs been a LONG time since a movie of any sort has claimed to do that.

I will never stop laughing at that Oaken scene, though. 'YOO HOO. BIG SUMMAH BLOWOUT.'

....Also, is it just me, or is Disney growing VERY fond of plot twists that come out of absolutely nowhere in their films?

....Also, is it just me, or is Disney growing VERY fond of plot twists that come out of absolutely nowhere in their films?

Well, it's not just you, Disney is really changing (not completely but some details)... their new movies are comming with things that sometimes we can't expect and that's actually really great. smile.gif

Disney couldn't stay with the old plots that everyone was used to. I'm not saying I don't like the old movies, I love them but it's time to change.

I think it's a positive point their crazy twists on the plot, after all the new ones continue being successful at the box office, like Frozen did.

I just saw the movie today, finally ;o;

(of course tumblr happened to ruin any surprises for me, so I basically knew the whole damn thing anyway)

It's so beautiful! biggrin.gif I love the score and the animation. I've got a mad crush on Elsa wub.gif

Well, it's not just you, Disney is really changing (not completely but some details)... their new movies are comming with things that sometimes we can't expect and that's actually really great. smile.gif

Disney couldn't stay with the old plots that everyone was used to. I'm not saying I don't like the old movies, I love them but it's time to change.

I think it's a positive point their crazy twists on the plot, after all the new ones continue being successful at the box office, like Frozen did.

There's a difference between crazy plot twist nobody saw coming and "plot twist that was chucked in with absolutely minimal foreshadowing--a decent bit of which is easily missed by anybody who isn't dissecting every frame of the movie for proof that there's hints before it happens".

People don't have a problem with plot twists, they have a problem with the lack of build-up.

This, exactly.

A good, shocking plot twist is one you didn't see coming at the time, but that you can go back later and look and see the hints dropped along the way, the build up.

This just... They did a terrible job of that, I feel.

I love a good shocking plot twist--but I like to be able to actually go back and see and be like "OH MAN HOW DID I NOT SEE THAT COMING". This was like "Well, the only reason I saw it coming was because I knew already."

I just saw it last night (with no spoilers, thank goodness!) and I'm in love! I don't know why I didn't think I'd like it, but I'm glad I gave it a try. The animation was incredible, and "Let It Go" gave me chills. wub.gif I loved Anna, Elsa, Kristoff and Sven the most, and Olaf was adorable. And the scene at the shop, so funny! laugh.gif

Spoilers ahead.

I somewhat expected the plot twist that happened. It seemed somewaht obvious, IMO--Hans came from a family in which he was the thirteenth in line for the throne, and he made it clear that he wasn't thrilled about it. In addition, he didn't really seem to have a reason to be in Arendale, and the way he just happened to be exactly like Anna in every way just didn't make sense to me. It also didn't seem right that he'd just be okay with running somebody else's kingdom instantaneously. I knew he shouldn't have been trusted, but I wasn't exactly sure what he was going to do to get the throne, or how far he'd let his ambition go. The fact that he almost killed Anna, I didn't expect, though.

Spoilers over.

I think the reason a lot of people don't/didn't want to see the movie (myself included) is that it was marketed completely horribly. Honestly, I thought it was going to be a movie about a happy-go-lucky snowman that nearly kills an innocent girl and her friend due to his stupidity taking them into a dangerous situation. What I got was an (somewhat spoilery ahead) awesome story about sisterhood and the struggles of controlling power, as well as how people are often too quick to judge, that finally shattered that awful definition of love only being romance that was so typical of Disney films, and was very well done, save an unnecessary song and another coming too early in the film (my opinion). (spoilers over).

I feel ya, PieMaster. Personally I can't believe that I missed the plot twist in there, given how many subtle hints they gave us. Though I usually suck at cluing in to that sort of thing anyway.

The one thing that kind of got on my nerves was the troll scene. I kind of wanted to hear at least SOME explanation about Elsa's powers, or maybe even a bit of Kristoff's backstory, but instead the film decides 'oh hey we haven't had a song in a while therefore have the trolls singing you the song of their people'.

Not that the song wasn't cute and all, it's just that.....the general timing of it kind of rubbed me the wrong way, or something along those lines. I don't know.

Edited by azila

There's a difference between crazy plot twist nobody saw coming and "plot twist that was chucked in with absolutely minimal foreshadowing--a decent bit of which is easily missed by anybody who isn't dissecting every frame of the movie for proof that there's hints before it happens".

This isn't a mystery movie or these kind of movies that we really expect an "amazing plot twist". The fact is it has the twist, personally I had some ideas before the movie and I got the confirmation of some of my theories during it, just that and for me it's ok.

I don't search every corner of a movie to find all the details they forgot or all the mistakes they committed. I search for a great story, a beautiful scenario (depending on the type of the movie), a good soundtrack, good actors, a well done animation, in the case of one... and Frozen achieved them all and much more than I expected.

Azila, I agree Sven is really captivating. He reminds me of my dog and we have a bond like him and Kristoff. tongue.gif

Also, I have an explanation for Elsa's powers: she's a mutant, like the X-Men! xd.png No seriously, I wish they could give a reason for her powers but...

miss1nformation, I love your avatar so much! wub.gif

Besides, the first trailer didn't caught my attention at all but then came the second and the third and I decided to search for more information when I realized I was like: I can't wait to for the release!!! xd.png

Anybody on the cultural appropriation thing for this one?

I saw a post on tumblr about how they "misrepresented the Saami". While I do understand that a misrepresentation of your culture is insulting in some ways, I wish people would remember that it's not about cheapening your culture to make a buck; it's about making an interesting and unique film to make a buck. As much as everyone will complain, I really don't think everything has to be 101% accurate. It's a children's movie, and while accurate details are appreciated, they're not necessary for Disney to make money, so what's the point?

Big movies aren't as much of an art as independent films imo; they're a business first, and people to recognize that while their culture is being used to make a box office hit, they can stand up for their people when their traditions do come into the spotlight, and provide more in-depth information.

I don't know. I get annoyed at angry SJW who are unabashed in their lengthy yet one-sided posts :P