AnnieLyla

Frozen

Loooove this movie! biggrin.gif Honestly, Elsa is a favorite of mine as well. xd.png

Ummm favorite scene?: Whenever Olaf says: "Some people are just worth melting for." Melted my heart.

Awww, Olaf is really cute isn't? And fun too. happy.gif

I think I don't have a favorite scene right now, I have so many that I can't choose one. tongue.gif

I feel like i'm the only one who seen this movie and was really annoyed by Olaf. He literally has NO POINT in the story and they send the story into a brick wall JUST to shoehorn in his annoying song that drags too long. If the song was removed, I probably wouldn't have minded him as much.

Overall, though, I liked the movie. The music was probably my favorite. And the scene in the cabin. "Yoo hoo! Summer Sale Blowout..."

I loved the movie, the animation was extremely well done. The parts when Elsa was forming her ice palace..absolutely beautiful.

I liked Olaf, even though he was really just there for comedy relief. At first I didn't like it when he was singing about summer, seemed pointless, but when he looked down at the puddle in the end of the song...xd.png That was well done. I didn't really like the trolls though, I thought they were too cutesy and small. But that's just my personal preference.

Well, Olaf is like Lythe said he's the comedy part of the movie, besides he's something special from Anna and Elsa childhood. Personally, I like his song and the end made me laugh, also when Kristoff wants to tell him the truth is great too. biggrin.gif

Oh yeah, the cabin scene is really fun too. Also, when Elsa was making her palace I was like: ohmy.gifohmy.gifohmy.gif this is AMAZING!

My only problem with the trolls is their size but I'm ok with them.

And I like all the songs (well not so much the one with Anna and Hans...) but my favorite is Let it go. It's so beautiful! wub.gif

Isn't the song Let it Go sung by the woman who sang Gravity in the play Wicked??? She has such an amazing voice, and great talent. smile.gif I think I read somewhere that the song Let it Go was a candidate for a major award, and I hope it wins. Such a great song.

Anddddd the ice sequences fit perfectly with it, it was SOOO gooooddd.

Yes, her name is Idina Menzel. I like her voice as well. smile.gif

Let it go is a nominate for the best original song for the Golden Globe Awards, also the movie is a nominate for the best animated movie too. I hope it wins! biggrin.gif

I saw somewhere that the scene of Elsa making her ice palace was one of the most hard to be done but it turned out wonderful!

Yes, aiding Menzel, who voiced Elsa, was the original Elphaba happy.gif She's truly amazing smile.gif I saw her in If/Then at the National Theatre.

I loved this movie, although I thought the Troll song was unnecessary and got in the way of the plot. Also, I didn't love where Olaf's song was in the movie--if it had been a little bit later, it would have made much more sense plot wise.

Have good news people, Frozen won the Golden Globe for best animated movie! biggrin.gif

I was watching it yesterday and started to scream when this happened.

By the way, Demi Lovato sang a version of Let it go too. It also have been sung on the end credits.

Ugh, I love Frozen so much. Fantastic music, awesome art.

I thought that Olaf and the trolls were important, though. Both Olaf and Marshmallow are both representations of parts of Elsa. She was happy, playful, and emotionally open when she made Olaf, and that's what he is.

And the trolls song, though it was about Kristoff, was really applied to Elsa. "People make bad choices when they're mad, or scared, or stressed -- But throw a little love their way and you'll bring out their best." Like, that was Elsa and Anna's whole character arc.

Wasn't a fan of Olaf's song from a musical standpoint, though. Just not the style of music that I'm into. And it seemed kind of weird against the rest of the score.

But Idina Menzel, oh gosh. Splendid. Love that gal.

P.S. Disney has the entire Let It Go sequence uploaded on youtube biggrin.gif

Best part of the whole movie.

Disappointed the song didn't win on Golden Globes, but the movie took the award for best animated movie home.

Frozen was well done, the animation, the characters, the way they played with the stereotypes was golden. I found Olaf a tad annoying at time, but funny at other times. My favorite part was when Anna kept Kristoff from telling Olaf the truth. The emotion in her voice was perfect.

I feel like i'm the only one who seen this movie and was really annoyed by Olaf. He literally has NO POINT in the story and they send the story into a brick wall JUST to shoehorn in his annoying song that drags too long. If the song was removed, I probably wouldn't have minded him as much.

Nope. He had a point to a degree, but overall it felt like they shoved him in because they wanted a talking sidekick character.

And, unpopular opinion for the thread ahead! (Mind, I don't care if you like the movie--that's totally cool, it just didn't do anything for me)

Mind, the following is my OPINION on the movie. If you disagree, that's cool. If you love the movie and think it's the best ever and can't see where my complaints come from, that's cool. :3

I actually can't say that I liked the movie. It was okay at best. It wasn't bad it just felt... Weak. The writing didn't really seem too strong, the characters felt flat (unlike with other Disney movies, I couldn't actually feel enough of a connection to any of them to care about them)... There felt to be a lot more telling than showing with things... (We're TOLD the sisters love each other--but we're told that far more than we're shown).

And a lot of the musical numbers felt forced. They mostly felt like they went "Wait crap! It's been a little while since somebody sang! SOMEBODY START SIGNING". A musical number in a movie like Frozen should do better to advance character development or the plot. Few of them really felt like they did a good job there. Maybe if they'd led into them better it would have felt more natural to me?

And, on top of that, the Troll Song thing was just every kind of problematic. Certain lines implying that no matter if Ana says she's in love with somebody else--she NEEDS to be with this other guy. That whole song just kind of disturbed me with those implications. :/ Not to mention that it didn't feel like it really NEEDED to be in there.

Let it Go was the best song in the movie, IMO. It felt properly in place, and was just wonderfully done in general (though there were a few wording choices I thought were rather poor--"the past is in the past?" y'don't say?). (And don't come in with the "but it's for kids!" line--Lion King was for kids, and I didn't know quite a number of the words Scar used in "Be Prepared" when I saw it in theaters as a kid.)

That aside... The animation was overall pretty good (aside from the little hair problem during Let it Go--Disney's quality checks really should have caught that), but... Elsa and Ana just... Honestly, even before having seen Tangled I felt like I was looking at Rapuzle's sisters. Something about the faces, I think. That just got stronger after I watched Tangled. They should have put in more diversity there. If they can animate all that snow and ice and such pretty scenery, they can add more diversity to the females' faces. But the snow and ice graphics were really great! Wonderful scenery, too. That was very impressive--especially the part in Let it Go where she's raising the castle up. That was just beautiful. Actually, the entire sequence of Let it Go (aside from the above-mentioned hair issue) was just in general really, really well done. Easily the best part in the whole movie.

Though, with the whole thing with Hans at the end... Spoilers! Him being the bad guy really just felt like an "oh crap we need a bad guy! HURRY MAKE IT HANS!" thing to me. Supposedly "Love is an Open Door" is supposed to be his villain song? From what I've heard? If so, though, it's incredibly subtle and the reasoning I heard sounded more like people grasping for any indication they can get to show he was evil all along. Aside from the quick flick of his yes up to the light in the scene where he stops Elsa from being shot... It really felt out of place.

And I don't like how things ended up with Kristoph (spelling?) at the end. At first he was all "Dude you've known the guy less than a day, you can't be engaged!" And how much longer did he know Ana before it was fairly easily implied that the two of them were gonna end up together? That was disappointing to me.

I will say, though, that I really liked how they went with sisterly love being the true love that was needed at the end. That was awesome.

So, overall, I really just... Didn't find it to be as awesome and wonderful as a lot of other people. That said, I've seen FAR worse movies. And I feel like it had a ton of potential that it didn't live up to. I just feel like it could have been done infinitely better.

(And that's not even addressing the controversy over it apparently being based on The Snow Queen but beyond butchering the original story)

Oops! It posted before I was finished typing, ahhhhh!

Edited by KageSora

You know, I have to agree that the faces look similar to past movies. I could've sworn Elsa had Merida's face. (From Brave, for those who don't know.)

Fixer upper was prolly my least favorite song, Let it Go being my top favorite.

It's sad that Frozen didn't win for best original song but for everyone who loves it it's the true winner.

And it will be a Brodway musical? Oh my, that's sooo cool! biggrin.gif

Also, have to agree with KageSora about the similarity with Tangled when I first saw the concept art I though where's the creators criativity?

Anna really looks like Rapunzel but this isn't a problem for me at all, I continue loving the movie.

I miss a villain song too. I though they could have created one.

Above all things personally, it's a wonderful movie with tons of laugh, drama, love and adventure moments for the whole family and with a really well done animation, also a great musical, even with my dislike for musicals I like this one.

Disney changed the way of making princess movies, they aren't the women that waits for the prince to rescue them anymore. They are fighting for what they want indeed. Also, some characters aren't so innocent like before.

The thing that we can always count on Disney is: they always have their happy endings. I believe that's what make our lives a little more magical. smile.gif

Edited by AnnieLyla

I agree the characters were fairly similar, at least in the tennis ball sized eye balls.

(I mean, I understand they want the eyes to be expressive, but at some point... I mean.... somewhat normal in size? Please)

Seems to be a trend in their 3D princess movies.

The snow animation was incredible though. I read the animators visited Norway to study different kinds of snow and they went to an ice hotel in Quebec to study light on/through ice. I think it really paid off.

I kind of had mixed feelings about Olaf, I thought he was funny in some scenes, but he did overstep the boundaries a couple times. But I think that can be said about most Disney comic reliefs.

Oh, random fact, so they made a shout-out to Hans Christian Anderson. Did you all catch it?

Hans, Christoph, Anna, Sven.

Next, speaking of tangled, did you all catch this?

user posted image

Tiana was also in the ballroom scene (though I haven't seen any screenshots)

Edited by Lady_Nightfox

Oh, oh I got Rapunzel and Flynn/Eugene scene!! I was like a kid on the cinemas: I can't believe they were invited! laugh.gif

And I didn't know about the Hans Christian Andersen thing.

You know, I have to agree that the faces look similar to past movies. I could've sworn Elsa had Merida's face. (From Brave, for those who don't know.)

Fixer upper was prolly my least favorite song, Let it Go being my top favorite.

I've heard people say they look like Rapunzel, but not Merida. To be honest she doesn't look a thing like Merida to me... Merida has a very very round face.

As for the pairings in the end... I don't feel like it was rushed in comparison. I mean, she made good on her promise and that's it. Sure, it's an implication, but that doesn't mean she didn't learn anything from her first relationship.

Yep. And she wasn't deciding to marry the guy on the day she met him. They're dating. It's an actual normal relationship. It's the same kind of time frame that Rapunzel and Eugene had.

Speaking of Rapunzel, she does look quite a bit like Elsa and Anna... but there are fan theories going around that the queens of Arendelle and Corona were sisters (they're also very similar looking). The theories say that the trip that the King and Queen were going on when their ship sank was to the ceremony for Rapunzel's return. It happened three years before the events of the main plot, and Tangled came out three years before Frozen. And since Rapunzel and Eugene showed up for Elsa's coronation, we know they definitely exist in the same 'verse.

Probably crazy random happenstance, but it's fun to think about.

Speaking of Rapunzel, she does look quite a bit like Elsa and Anna... but there are fan theories going around that the queens of Arendelle and Corona were sisters (they're also very similar looking). The theories say that the trip that the King and Queen were going on when their ship sank was to the ceremony for Rapunzel's return. It happened three years before the events of the main plot, and Tangled came out three years before Frozen. And since Rapunzel and Eugene showed up for Elsa's coronation, we know they definitely exist in the same 'verse.

Probably crazy random happenstance, but it's fun to think about.

I'd never heard about it but it's a point to think. I believe they live at the same century and on nearby lands but I didn't think about the queens could be sisters and all.

It's really interesting, ok now I'm curious where do you found these "facts", Stromboli? tongue.gif