shadow_claw

Shoot, Salt, and Sonic

"I'm sorry," John said, a frown on his face. "Didn't let him what? I am clearly missing something here." He looked between Dean and Mycroft, a frown on his face. Was he talking about Sherlock? How did he know what was going on with Sherlock?

The Master broke into laughter and shook his head. "I just broke out of prison. You could say crime is my passion on the completely opposite end of the spectrum compared to detective. I think I've broken every single law in every single society in the course of my lives." He shook his head then forced himself to sit upright, holding his stomach with one hand as he did so. "What about books? Do you read?"

"Love books, in fact. A nice way to refresh myself after working with idiots is with a book. It doesn't always take care of my boredom, but it is nice for an insomniac like myself." Sherlock answered. He was still bothered with all the questions he couldn't answer, and he thought over them in the pauses in silence. Why did The Master care so much? It was irritating.

Mycroft put a hand to his head and paced the room anxiously. "You have to get him back before The Master sees him. I assume that was who you were after but decided to stay out if it...and then I get informed Sherlock just returned here! I was going to fetch him!" He ranted.

"Why is it so important to you?" Dean retorted. This made Mycroft stop dead and whip around to glare at the American.

"Because very bad things can happen if they meet."

"Well it's a bit late for that," John replied with a frown. "We already met. We were in his cell when we had to leave and accidentally left him behind. But I'm confused, why is this such a problem?"

"You'll love the library," The Master replied off-handedly. "Have you read the Necronomicon? That's a favorite. And the Black Scrolls of Rassilon. Good knowledge in both of those. Dunno why they were ever discontinued." He shook his head as his knuckle began to tap the floor, creating a 4-count beat. "I don't sleep much either. I'll make the exception soon, though. Need to sleep to recover. If you like, you can roam about and have a look see. Perhaps change the desktop around, I don't know."

"Why is it such a problem?!" Mycroft chuckled bitterly after speaking. His furious gaze snapped to John. "Because Sherlock and I are half-brothers, that is why." His rage was the only thing keeping the man from breaking down. He failed as a guardian to his brother. And it was their fault. He inhaled deeply and then closed his eyes. "Did Sherlock ever tell you of our mother's affair, Mister Watson?"

Sherlock opened one of his eyes. The Master had caught his attention. "If these scrolls are anything similar to Lovecraft and company's work, then it was because it tore at the fringes of reality." He answered simply. "Too dark and too morbid for some to handle." He was silent for a few seconds before opening his left eye too. "Do you happen to own a violin?"

"Personally, I found them to be delightful," The Master replied. Some people, right. People that lack intelligence, rather. He closed his eyes and his form gradually rose into the air until it hovered about three feet off the ground. Much better. "I'm sure there's one somewhere in the library. Just avoid my laboratory for your sake. And don't try to enter a room if its locked. They're locked for reasons."

"I haven't heard anything about your family other than the fact you two argued frequently as children," John challenged. "And have continued to argue into the present. Why? What's so important about your mother's affair?"

Mycroft ground his teeth at John's answer. "Our mother had an affair and Sherlock was the result. I still remember my father muttering the name Saxon as he packed his belongings." He answered in an eerily calm voice. They weren't honestly this dumb, were they? He didn't have the heart to outright admit what he was trying to say.

Dean glanced over at Castiel, an almost sick look on his face. "Cas...isn't that the name you kept hearing?" He asked carefully.

Sherlock was already up before The Master was speaking. He muttered a thanks before leaving. This time, he made sure to shut the door. Time to find that library, then. A Timelord's library...just imagining the collections made him giddy. And very little other than a serial killer get Sherlock excited.

The Master sighed as Sherlock left and ran his fingers through his hair. "Certainly took after his mother," he declared almost irritably but there was a smile on his face anyway. Sherlock Holmes. Oh, this was perfect. Or would be, rather, if it weren't for certain complications. The Time Lord lifted his shirt to stare at the large wound on his stomach. And that was the least of his worries. His body was still on the fritz, doing that weird... glowy-thing. Even though he had stopped manipulating his life force, he was still horribly unstable. That was going to have to be fixed.

"Impossible," John declared immediately. "If you're saying that Sherlock is half alien... that's just stupid. There is no possibility that an alien species can produce offspring with humans. Doesn't matter what they look like, it's medically impossible."

"Timelords can, John. In fact, humans and Timelords are basically the same. They just have an extra heart and liver, different lung structure and different blood." Mycroft responded. He sat himself down in Sherlock's usual chair and put his head in his hands. How could he have let this happen? "The Master of all people appears to be oddly committed to those he finds worth his time. For example, his lover leading up to when he was Prime Minister. I am almost positive he won't let you take Sherlock back."

John stared at Mycroft in confusion then turned to the angel. "Can we go back yet?" he asked, slight desperation creeping into his voice. Cas looked up at him then reluctantly stood up and held out his hand to Dean.

"I think I am ready. I will try to fly directly to them this time."

Dean looked at Mycroft for a short while before taking Cas's hand. Poor guy, he lost his brother to a crazy guy. That had happened way more than it should for the hunter. Losing Sammy...The thought made his heart clench. It just couldn't happen. "Then let's go. Hang in there, you crazy Brit. We'll bring your brother back."

Cas nodded and quickly took the three of them back to the prison. This time, however, they ended up inside of a room filled with various boxes and shapes. The angel's eyes narrowed as he looked around in confusion. "I was trying to follow Sherlock's presence but it doesn't appear he is actually here."

"Great. This is just freaking great!" Dean yelled, his temper flaring yet again. He kicked one of the stacks of boxes and then cursed even louder as it all fell on him. "Sonova censorkip.gif*! Could this get any worse!?"

Sherlock had indeed found the library and was enjoying himself with browsing through all the books. He had already finished one and flipped through others. All of this knowledge...it was incredible! He explored deeper into it, opening up books he spotted that he thought looked interesting. And they all proved to be interesting. If only John was there to see all of this!

"Quiet," John hissed in response, looking around. He looked at one of the boxes then lifted it up. Much to his surprise, it suddenly twisted and warped until it was much larger and had a door on it.

"It's a TARDIS," Cas said then looked around at the room. "I think they are all TARDISes. Perhaps they are inside one of them."

Dean crawled out from under the pile of boxes and stood back up. He scowled, but nodded. "Then let's look around. If it's anything like The Doctor's, it'll start freaking out of there are people inside when we enter." He declared. He nudged a toaster nearby with his foot and then opened the door it created when it grew larger. He peered inside. Nothing. Shutting the door, Dean continued on his search. "Wait. Couldn't we just follow the blood splatters on the floor? Three guesses says it wasn't one of the boxes.

John nearly face-palmed. Follow the bloodtrail. Of course. "This is why none of us are Sherlock Holmes," He declared then began following the trail of blood. It led to a large drum nearby. One nudge with his foot and the drum unfolded, revealing a door. He opened it and sure enough, the blood continued inside. "In here!" He called, drawing his gun quickly.

Dean too whipped his gun out as he stepped inside the TARDIS. His eyes followed the blood splatters slowly. He began to walk alon the trail, frowning as two different ones led to different places. The one that kept going wasn't nearly as bad as the first one. But which was which? "Didn't that guy say something about Timelords having different blood? Do the trails look different at all?"

John knelt down and examined the blood, noticing the variations in the patterns. "If we base it off of their wounds... this one is Sherlock's," John said, pointing to the splatters that continued onwards. "I'll go after him. You two follow the first pattern and see where the Master is." With that, he turned and sprinted after the trail that led deeper into the TARDIS.

Dean made sure there was a bullet in the chamber of his pistol until continuing onwards. He nodded to Cas before following their designated trail. It led to a door. A pretty normal-looking door by what he could tell. Which was why Dean used his usual tactics in entering a potentially hostile enviroment. He threw the door open and had his gun at the ready as he ran inside.

A bit of exploring led Sherlock to discover just how tired he was. The pain of his injuries ebbed back into his senses as the initial adrenaline from the whole situation began to wear out. It got to the point where he sank into one of the many chairs in the library and attempted to sleep. He felt oddly at home in this TARDIS. It was like a flat away from his flat.

The Master sat up quickly when the door was thrown open. Holding his stomach, he stared at the two in confusion and opened his mouth to speak when he suddenly found himself slammed into the closest wall, Cas holding him by his throat. The Time Lord hacked loudly and held his stomach, the excessive movement causing the injury to open again. "What did I do?" He asked in confusion, his eyes flickering to Dean.

John followed the blood trail to a door that, when thrown opened, revealed a library. "Sherlock?!" He yelled, ignoring the first rule of libraries. He had to find the detective, that was all that was on his mind. "Sherlock, are you in here?"

"Cas. Cas! Let him breathe." Dean snapped at his partner. He slowly walked up to The Master and studied him. Too weak to do any physical damage. "Let him go. All we've got is a few questions." For emphasis, Dean put his gun back in the back of his jeans and lifted his hands.

Sherlock groaned as yelling pierced his headache. He didn't register it was John for a few seconds. Then, he bolt upright. That deciscion was regretted almost automatically. Slowly, the detective limped to the entrance of the library. "I'm right here." Sherlock stated as John came into view. "I was trying to sleep."

Cas complied and relaxed his grip completely, allowing the Master to dropped to the floor like a stone. The Time Lord grimaced as yet another injury was added to his arsenal before he looked up at the two. "What questions? If this is about the visions, I told you I need an exchange."

John quickly put away his gun and ran up to Sherlock when the detective appeared. "Oh, thank god," He breathed then looked him over. "Are you alright? No more additional injuries or anything like that? We should really get going. Castiel and Dean are here. We can go back home now."

Dean glanced over at Cas. How to put this lightly...? "No. We couldn't really give a crap about that any more. We just...wanted to confirm what Sherlock's brother said." It sort of made sense that Sherlock was half-alien. It explained why he was so supernaturally smart. "Is he really your kid?"

"No no, I am alright. No other injuries or anything of the sort. How did you find us?" Sherlock kept a hand to his head as he spoke. Talking hurt. The tail end of John's words made him frown. Go home? But he wasn't done exploring this place! "Can we stay a little longer? The Master's letting me use his library and I still have so much to see. It is really quite something."

((OI! SORRY! Been busy, and lazy.))

The Doctor peeked out of his TARDIS. "Oi! What's going on?" he asked. "I thought we were going to Kansas! Oh, hullo, Mycroft, good to see you again." He said, stepping out of the TARDIS completely.

((It's okay. Do you nee a recap?))

Mycroft looked up at the sound of a voice and scowled at The Doctor. Bad timing, as always. "I am guessing you missed the conversation that took place moments ago." He stated through grit teeth. He was pretty close to breaking down. Sherlock. Gone. Just like that. Mycroft had discovered Sherlock's plot to fake his death early, and it saved him from heartbreak. But this was different. He couldn't manage this.

The Master took his time pulling his legs closer and crossing them before staring up at Dean. "You know, I think we really hit it off," He replied with a grin. "It's not exactly throwing a baseball about but neither of us are dead so I think that's a good sign."

John shook his head and reached out to grab Sherlock's hand. "No, I think we shouldn't. We really shouldn't. Let's just go and leave this prison and this alien behind. Come on, let's go home."