shadow_claw

Shoot, Salt, and Sonic

Sherlock had absolutely been scared out of his wits. He had developed a form of anxiety after being homeless for so long, so something like a full-grown man falling on him was going to have him react badly. Sherlock's wheezing was a mix of panic and the fact the air had been knocked from him. When John arrived, he stared up at the former doctor with wide green eyes.

"Sammy! Do you know how to get somebody to quit panicking?" Dean called out the door. He could always knock Sherlock out, but that wouldn't help when he woke up.

"Calm down," John said firmly, holding Sherlock's shoulder. "This will pass in a few moments. You're just having an anxiety attack. Just focus on breathing." Sam quickly ran into the room and shook his head, not really sure what to do. "I can fix bones and cuts but none of us have ever had panic attacks. I don't know what to do."

"Go prepare a bed he can sleep on without being disturbed," John instructed before turning back to Sherlock and continuing to try and calm him.

Sherlock seemed to recover after being able to catch his breath. He breathed deeply once his lungs filled back up again and slowly calmed down. Everything was fine. It had just been that idiot Dean. He hadn't been attacked and wasn't going to be. These thoughts eventually led to Sherlock sitting up and quietly leaving the room. He wanted somewhere to be alone.

John watched Sherlock sit up and leave the room. This wasn't going to be fun. Maybe it would have been better not to come to America after all. And where had the two aliens gone anyway? "Has anyone seen the Master? I'm really not sure how I feel with him roaming around on his own. We did just liberate him from a prison and I'm sure he was there for a reason."

Dean shrugged in response. "If he left, we have the assurance that he's going to come back for Sherlock at some point." He answered. Hopefully he wasn't off scheming. That was never fun to deal with.

A bit of panic in Hell was never something Crowley wanted unless it was of his doing. So when frantic demons rushed to him blubbering something about a newcomer, he had to take a look. Crowley calmly made his way to the pillar that had appeared and stood in front of it. He rapped his knuckles on the door and then waited patiently. Who was strong enough to just show up in Hell of all places?

The door flew open not long after being knocked on and the Master quickly fanned a bit of smoke out of the box. The TARDIS had really not wanted to come here and put up quite a bit of a fuss before he finally got her to land. The alien ignored the man standing in front of his box to look around where he had landed before sighing loudly. "Not really what I had expected. Did I land in the right place?"

"And we're just going to let him run off?" John asked, crossing his arms. It didn't seem to make the most sense. In fact, it made no sense.

Crowley's forehead wrinkled as The Master spoke. The two demons at either side of him stepped forward, but he waved them back. This stranger seemed to be on friendly enough. If not, the armies of Hell could literally be unleashed with a gesture. "How did you manage to pop in? I don't usually take uninvited guests."

"Well there's no way we can get him now if he left. Let's wait him out. We have two things he wants: The Doctor's head, and Sherlock. He'll come back, and that's all we've got to worry about for now." Dean grumbled. They had never dealt with aliens before! It wasn't their job! "Sam, see any ghost-like anywhere in any form of anywhere? I'm sick of aliens."

"I guess we could check a few things out. Nothing is obvious at this point but there were some disappearances in one town nearby. No connection between the victims. It could just be normal kidnappings but I'll leave it up to you." Sam shook his head then looked at John. "Is he up for a hunt already?"

The Master smiled and stepped out further, closing the door to the TARDIS behind him. He gave it a little kick, causing it's chameleon circuit to transform it into a torture rack. "I'm sorry. Next time I feel like visiting Hell, I'll be sure to get killed first. I just thought it would be easier to get back out if I wasn't dead, although I am rather notorious for coming back to life. Are you one of the demons I've been hearing so much about? I'm a bit disappointed in both you and Hell. Not nearly as twisted or cruel as I imagined."

Crowley answered The Master's question by chuckling. "'One of the demons'? I am the demon. Most people treat the King of Hell with a bit more...respect. Except a few Americans, but that's another story." He smirked and extended a hand to the alien. "I really am impressed as to how you appeared uninvited. I'm Crowley. I hope you enjoy your trip. It is a nice place if you ignore all the screaming."

"He should be. This guy was a veteran from what I heard. He should be fine. We should cart along Sherlock and The Doctor for safe measures." Dean decided. He glanced over at John and raised an eyebrow. It was up to him.

"Nonsense," The Master replied, taking the hand with firm grip. "The screaming just improved the ambience." He grinned then let go and patted his TARDIS before stepping forward. "My name is the Master. Do you mind giving me a tour? I'm in the midsts of plotting to take over the universe and I'm looking for some business partners."

"I'm not sure how I'll fare but I would feel better travelling in a pack instead of splitting up in case the Master comes back," John replied with a nod then moved away. "I'll go get Sherlock. You two can go track down the Doctor."

Crowley arched an eyebrow at The Master. "The universe? Impressive. Tell you want, I'll lend you my vast army of demons if you help me out some. I've got two pesky little humans that have just been begging to have themselves roasted on a spit down here for ages." He decided. He waved a hand and began to walk away. "This way. We have lots to see."

Dean nodded and walked out of his room. The Doctor was inspectibg their hideout, sonicking all their weapons so that they wouldn't go off. He didn't like weapons and that was that. "Hey! Stop breaking our stuff! We actually use those!" He yelled, scowling at the Timelord. "C'mon, we're goong out and you're coming."

The Master smiled and followed the demon along. "You must tell me about your abilities. I mean, taking over the universe requires a plan that puts everyone in their place forever. Allow them hope and they'll rebel."

John finally managed to catch up with Sherlock and tried to pull the detective towards the entrance to the bunker. "We're going out and you aren't allowed to stay here alone. You can sleep in the car... Or the TARDIS or whatever."

"To start, I'm a demon. Certainly you've heard of our skills, no? Perhaps we can pop up to Earth dor a little bit so I can show you. But then again...I've been trying to be low-key. Keep some choice enemies paranoid." Crowley debated his options witha scowl. Their captives here weren't much more than souls so his powers were near useless. Humans were a different story. "After the tour. I've got a fellow you might want to meet. Basically my right hand. I've been keeping him quiet, though, so that my little friends up on Earth get a bit of a surprise. His job was to get a certain human to burn down here. Real smart fellow, so of course I wanted him on our team. The bloke outsmarted my colleague without breaking a sweat. But he isn't of any concern. That target is half-mad and in poor condition."

Sherlock sleepily allowed john to drag him towards the door. "What, do you not trust me alone? I've been clean for a while now, if that's what you're getting at." He asked. Sure, there was a pack of cigarettes in his pocket, but it wasn't laced with anything illegal. Not this time. About the time he and John stepped outside was when Dean was dragging The Doctor away from their arsenal. Their bickering could be heard from the door.

"Really?" The Master asked, looking absolutely delighted. Madness? Poor condition? It sounded like these demons would be wonderful allies if that was what they did in their spare time. "You'll have to tell me more. Who is this man? What's the target's name? I'd love a demonstration! I could show you some of my quirks too. Demons aren't the only special ones around here."

John shook his head, insisting on pulling Sherlock along anyway. "Not you, the Master. He vanished somewhere and we aren't going to leave you along with him on the run. We'll be safer in a group."

The demon smirked in response. "Jim will be just as excited to meet you, I'm sure. If he isn't sulking. He wanted to damn this man fair and square, and now he's upset that it didn't work. We're almost there to his office." Crowley led The Master from the torture chambers and into what seemed more like a bank than Hell. He stopped at one of the larger, more elegant looking doors and knocked on it. "We have a guest that would just love to hear about your favorite little human." Crowley turned to The Master. "Trust me, nobody can tell you more about Sherlock Holmes than him. All I'm after is his soul. He'd make a useful demon."

"Oh, he left to go eat something other than alcohol or hot sauce. He invited me, but I am honestly too exhausted to do such a thing." Sherlock answered dismissivley. He was an unintentional ass a whole lot more than what he thought. Blowing off vitally important things involving other people was sort of his thing. "So he's that possessive over family? Or are you worried about what I might do with him?"

The doors were opened with a snap of the demon's fingers, just as a frown formed on the Master's face. "Sherlock Holmes?" He asked softly, crossing his arms. "Ah, well. Therein lies your problem."

"What problem?" Jim asked, quickly standing and moving away from his desk towards the two. "What do you know of Sherlock Holmes?"

"Not too much, other than the fact he is my son. Time Lord intellect. You'll never get the better of him unless you have a full-fledged Time Lord. Like myself."

"What you might do with him?" John asked then shook his head. "No, Sherlock, I'm worried because he's insane and you're injured. He's not a good person and I don't want him dragging you along to do terrible things."

"And what exactly is a Timelord? Other than what can be gathered from contex clues." Crowley asked. He leaned in the doorway, an eyebrow arched at their alien guest. "I hope you don't mind, but we've had your son marked for a while now. He and The Winchesters are our top three." He walked inside the office and sat himself down in one of the chairs, resting an ankle upon his knee. "Then, would you be willing to help us? We may not be able to outsmart him, but we can do you one better. Possess him. Not even The Winchesters have thought of getting him marked with their anti-possession ward. It would be just about too easy."

Sherlock chuckled softly and shook his head. He slipped into the back seat of the Impala quietly before continuing to speak, "Just give it a day's rest, I heal faster than you think. I actually did jump. A bit of precaution and a hunch leaves me unscathed to this day. It must be related to The Master and I. They regenerate, I simply have accelerated healing. That simple." He mused. His voice speed picked up as he thought aloud intead of actually talking. It was a habit of his.

"It's exactly what it sounds like. But, more recently, I've discovered I can shoot lightning from my hands. I'm living on borrowed time as of late so it causes a few side effects but it is still an interesting ability." He rubbed his hands together for emphasis then shook his head. "I have my own plans for Sherlock. However, I have someone better you can possess. Two, actually. First, the Doctor. Fellow alien, like myself, he's terrible. Hate him so much. And the second is John Watson. My son seems rather attached to him and would not allow him to be killed it he was possessed."

"You're being silly," John replied, sliding into place by Sherlock. "Just... don't associate with him. He's going to be the death of you and I already had to deal with you dying once."

Crowley rubbed his chin as The Master spoke. This was all a good deal to think about. He sat in silence for a few moments before looking over at the other demon. "Well then, it sounds like we have a deal. Would you like a contract or would a handshake suffice? Because frankly, there's much to do and I don't feel like rolling out a contract." He said after a long pause. An alien and a pawn. Sounds like a great deal of fun.

Sherlock appeared reluctant to respond. He didn't really want to leave The Master be. He was the only bit of family that did anything more than keep him from dying. The Master had asked about his interests instead of pushing him away from them. That hadn't happened at any other time in his life. It made Sherlock feel as if he was important. And with years of bein called a "freak" and a "psychopath", it was a strange thing to the man. He rested his head upon his hands and closedhis eyes rather than responding.

The Doctor opened the door and slid in beside John. He beamed at the veteran. "Right then, where are we going?" Dean took his rightful place in the driver's seat and glanced at the group through the rear-view mirror.

"Hunting. We just didn't want to leave you behind."

"It's a small town 30 miles North," Sam added, pulling out a map. John, now stuck between Sherlock and the Doctor, did his best not to look too tiny between the two men. This ride probably wasn't going to be fun. But it would be better than keeping the two at home.

"A handshake will suffice," The Master replied with a smile. "Now, we can't just jump into this. We should start with John. Before we possess him, why don't we distance him from everyone else? Is it possible we can torment him a little bit? Maybe have you visit him." He gestured in Jim's direction. "But nobody else. Just him. Make him think he's going mad."

"Oh come now, I thought you were going to make this hard!" Crowley chuckled. He waved a hand at Moriarty and then extended it to The Master. "Go have some fun with the human. There's much scheming to be done. See if you can't gather some intel as well." As the leader of Hell, he was used to ordering around demons. Even if Jim was a special case.

Dean started the Impala up and grinned. Once everyone was inside, he tapped his foot on the gas. "Gimme a rundown. What kinda thing are we hunting here? Ghost? Demon? Vampires?" The hunter asked. Not ten minutes in had Sherlock already fallen asleep in the car. He sure didn't look alseep, but his breathing had grown slower.

Moriarty was unused to being ordered around unless the plan was his own but decided to go along with it anyway. This strange alien did seem to have some good ideas. He could be worked with. The demon quickly vanished, turning invisible at the same time so that he would be able to mess with John without being seen. Since John didn't have a warding on him, it was easy to appear on top of the car. He would have to wait until the car stopped. But then he could have some fun.

"It could be anything. I told you, it wasn't a very good lead. There was just a grouping of mysterious disappearances. It could be anything."

"At least we have the arsenal. Let's go visit some people's places. I hope you like fraud, John, because we'll be posing as FBI agents. Doctor, can you lend him your psychic paper? I would've whipped up a fake ID but I didn't have time." Dean replied. He was eager for a plain and simple hunt. All they needed to do was find out what the monster was and then they were set.

"I suppose so. You know I don't usually condone this sort of thing, but it will be saving people." The Doctor sighed. He took the small item from his pocket and offered it to John. "Just claim to be whatever title and it will appear as that. It's that simple."

Dean eventually pulled the car to a stop at a motel right outside the town. The drive hadn't been all that long, but he was ready to stretch his legs. "Let's get a room for Sherlock and The Doctor to crash while we're out, and then we can get moving."

"But I am not American," John immediately replied, seeing a rather big fault in this plan. It was pretty obvious once he started speaking he wasn't from America. "Why would I be in the FBI if I'm from England? It just doesn't add up."

"Then just do whatever thing you have in England," Same replied, opening his door. There was a slight chill in the air outside but it wasn't really noticeable.

"What Sammy said. We'll be back." Dean put the vehicle in park and stepped out himself. He stretched and yawned before shutting his door. He stuck his hands in his pockets and walked inside the motel's lobby.

Sherlock stirred shortly after the car stopped, one of his green eyes cracking open. Both eyes opened after a few seconds of grogginess faded. "Where are we now?" He peered oit the window and scowled. "Please tell me we aren't staying here."