shadow_claw

Shoot, Salt, and Sonic

(I don't think I've seen enough of Supernatural though. He'd have no clue what was happening)

John's attention was quickly torn away from his laptop when there was a knock at the door. He shifted his laptop onto the desk nearby then slowly stood and made his way towards the door. "I'm coming!" he called out when another knock came. How impatient. But who could possibly be after him? It was so strange to get visitors now. He opened the door and stared out at the young man standing there. He didn't know him... why was he here? "Can I help you?" he asked after a moment. A sudden crashing sound from upstairs caused him to flinch but he didn't react that much aside from that. "Ms. Hudson? Did you drop something again?" He raised an eyebrow in confusion, unsure of what the noise coming from upstairs was but not putting any real thought into it other than someone maybe dropping a plate.

((I haven't seen past season seven if that helps any.))

"Yeah, Bring Sherlock down. I've got a crazy guy that he might be interested in." Dean answered. He peered inside curiously at the crash. Wonder what that was. Maybe it was the crazy detective having a temper tantrum. "A real crazy guy who took over the world. My buddy Cas can fill you in when he shows up." Speaking of which...how was Cas doing?

Hey Cas, get your feathery butt over here. I'm at his apartment.

Edited by shadow_claw

John was silent for several long moments before he shook his head. America, judging by the accent. That probably explained why they didn't know. "Sherlock Holmes isn't here anymore," he replied, avoiding actually saying that his friend was dead. It was an unconscious thing but it happened, nonetheless. "And even then, you aren't making any sense. Who took over the world? You should probably go to the police for that."

Dean scoffed and began to laugh bitterly. Police?! This guy was way too funny! "Yeah, no. Cops anywhere are nothing butta waste of my time. When's he gonna be back?" Dean responded. He grinned as John began to ask questions. "Dunno. Cas said he remembers it happenin'. It's outta our job description, so we figured it'd interest him."

((Pudding, you still wanting to play Cas?))

(I know, I have Netflix. I watch about an episode a day. And okay, thanks!)

"No, I don't think you understand," John replied. He paused to sigh before shaking his head slightly and meeting the man's eye firmly. "Sherlock Holmes is dead. And I would really prefer not to talk about it any more than that."

"This certainly complicates matters, Dean," a gravely voice said from behind John. John quickly wheeled around and looked between the two in confusion.

"How did you get in our flat?" He asked as the man in the trench coat flat-out ignored him. Brilliant.

"We might have to continue on without his help. I suggest we investigate first to make sure he is, in fact, dead."

Dead? What a waste of time it was to get over here! Dean's forehead wrinkled as he scowled. The man that appeared behind John was a welcome sight, however. Good old Cas, ignorant to human customs. It never got old. "What do you want to do, run around the city in search of a supposedly dead detective? You'd be faster than me. Should I just search the apartment or something?" The hunter asked. John was no longer important in their search, so Dean decided to talk around him and to the angel behind him.

"That would be wise," Castiel replied with a curt nod. "I will check the graveyard before looking around the city."

"Hold on," John said, looking at Dean firmly. "You are not coming in our flat. And you need to get out-" he turned and stared at the space where the man in the trench coat had been but he was gone. Just... Gone. "That's impossible. Where did he go?" He looked around in confusion, wondering how the man had appeared and vanished without a trace.

The corner of the man's lips turned upwards in a cheeky grin. "You wouldn't believe me if I told you." He answered. And John wouldn't. This guy was so used to their lives, they were convinced monsters were just a story. Maybe there was a way to explain without explaining... "Do you pray?" Dean asked suddenly. It would be more convincing if this man was religious.

"I'm sorry?" John asked, raising an eyebrow. "Of course I do but I hardly see what that has to do with anything." He frowned as his grip tightened on the doorknob, showing he was debating closing it right now. "Look, I think it would be best for everyone if you just left. Sherlock isn't here and I'd really prefer you not come barging into our flat again. I mean, my flat."

"Then you believe in angels. Good. Because you've met one." Dean replied. The look on his face proved he wasn't kidding. He raised an eyebrow at John's attempt to make him leave. How cute. But Brits seemed much more polite than the average American. It was a nice break from having doors slammed in his face. "Castiel should be back soon. Then I can show you how he got in so easily."

John was silent for several moments before he drew in a breath and shook his head. "Look, I really think you should go now," he replied, inching the door closed a bit more. This time, a hand shot out and stopped him, forcing the door open. The trench coat man was back again, this time standing next to Dean.

"The grave was empty," Castiel reported as he forced the door open and stepped inside. "I think it would be best if you explained what exactly happened and let us in."

Empty? Now that was an interesting development. Sammy wasn't there to keep a leash on the two, so they could be as irrationally rude as they wanted. Dean stuck his hands in his pockets and strolled in after Castiel. "So, what exactly killed Sherlock? Anything strange happen? Sulfur around the site, the room unnaturally cold, injuries inhuman?" If this was their kind of job, it would make everything even better. He arched an eyebrow expectantly at the veteran.

"John backed up against a wall when the two forced their way inside. He quickly followed them, shutting the door to make sure there were no more unexpected visitors. "There wasn't anything like that... Please, just get out of my house." John hurried after them but Castiel was already halfway up the stairs.

"How was he murdered, then?" The angel asked.

"It was suicide, dammit," John yelled angrily, having just about enough of these two. "He jumped off a building. I was there, I watched it happen. I was on the phone with him, I was talking to him. Now, please, get out of my house. I've had enough of conspiracies and mysteries. Not even Sherlock Holmes can survive a fall like that."

Dean glanced over at his friend, a new sort of guilt flickering in his eyes. They seemed to have stabbed John in a weak spot by prying on the topic. "Oh. We're uh, we're sorry for your loss..." He mumbled awkwardly. Dean suddenly grew fascinated with his shoes and kept his eyes on those. He always thought he couldn't be more of an ass. Apparently he was wrong. Still, there had been many supernatural things that had driven people to suicide. Perhaps demons or even a pagan that had grown interested in Sherlock. "C'mon Cas, we've bothered him enough. Let's go see if we can't find where the body went."

Edited by shadow_claw

Cas was not as easy dissuaded from the conversation. "He's a witness," he replied, clasping a hand on John's shoulder and one on Dean's. Immediately, they were whisked away to the graveyard where Sherlock's grave had been dug up and the coffin ripped open. John blinked then stumbled away, shocked an alarmed by the sudden change in location.

"Oh Christ," he muttered as Cas gestured to the grave.

"Bodies do not just disappear."

"It was a WHAT?!" The Doctor yelled, clumsily coming down the stairs. "John, where has Sherlock gone? There weren't any experiments going on in the kitc- Oh!" Apparently John had left. That was strange. He sonicked the area quickly and scowled at the results. "Cas..." Those three were always mucking about with things they shouldn't be, which is probably why the Doctor liked them so much. Where did they take John, though?He supposed he could just wait around for them to come back. Like Amy... Aw, stop thinking about people!

Dean did as expected of a human(not really). He face-palmed at the sight of Cas's gravesite massacre and sighed. "Cas. There are a lot of better ways to deface a burial site." He groaned. Yup. Totally normal guy. He shook his head slowly. "Either he isn't dead or somebody stole his body."

Drugged. He had been drugged, that was the only possibility. Sherlock had drugged him once and he wasn't pleased then. He certainly wasn't pleased now.

"The ground showed no trace of being tampered with before I came," Castiel replied. "I suspect nothing was there in the first place." He stared down at the grave until someone promptly tacked him from behind. It was rare for anyone to sneak up on him but John had managed to somehow get the jump on the angel and they both fell into the hole together.

Dean started to reply when John tackled his feathery friend into the grave. His reaction was to pull out his pistol and pull the hammer back, which was exactly what he did. "Hey! We didn't do anything to hurt you! We're just trying to help! So you calm your ass down if you want your friend back. Or you could get a bullet in your skull if you attack again." He snarled. Nobody hurt his family. Castiel was like a brother to Dean. He was a member of the Winchester family just like Dean and Sam were born into it. Dean felt responsible for Cas's wellbeing just as he did Sam's.

John froze when he heard the click of the hammer being pulled back. He slowly stood, raising his hands at the same time to show he wasn't a threat at the current moment. "I'd like to know how the Hell we went from my flat to the graveyard in a split second. Have I been drugged?" Nearby, Castiel pulled himself to his feet and climbed out of the hole in the ground.

"We flew. I said that earlier."

Satisfied by this, Dean pushed the hammer back down. The gun was slipped back into the spot in his jeans. "This is Cas. Short for Castiel. 'Angel of the Lord'. I think he already proved it." He waved a hand in Cas's general direction for emphasis. "We're professional hunters, Cas and I. Which is why we wanted to relay this case over to Sherlock. Speaking of which, he's probably still in London. Cas, feel like searching the alleyways and an other shady spots?" That was the real matter at hand. Proving Cas's holiness really wasn't too important at the moment.