shadow_claw

Shoot, Salt, and Sonic

John quickly planted a hand firmly on Sherlock's chest. "Don't move," He ordered, though he was relived Sherlock was awake. "You might have a concussion." He glanced at the angel and his human companion then frowned and continued to apply bandages to Sherlock's forehead. "We can transfer you to a bed in a moment."

Sherlock turned his head to stare at Castiel as John wrapped his forehead. "It isn't drumming..." He rasped. It couldn't be drumming, because he knew what the sound was. He could feel pumping through his veins. "It's my heartbeat. And his. And The Doctor's. Not drumming." There was a reason he never let John or anyone take him to a physician, and it was because he would be locked away. After all, a binary vascular system wasn't something seen in an average man. "He will be coming here. After The Doctor."

John frowned down at Sherlock. Drumming? "Are you hearing things?" He asked in confusion. That was a bad sign. "Who is coming here? What have you involved yourself in this time?" He looked exasperated but was also relieved with Sherlock's apparent recovery.

"Can we stop him from coming?" Castiel asked, focusing entirely on Sherlock. "I am unsure if what I am seeing in the past, present or future. There is a possibility that we can stop this from happening before it happens."

Sherlock closed his eyes to think, blocking everyone else out for a short while as he thought. He needed a solution, fast. "See if you cannot contact him instead of vice-versa." He decided. Slowly, he sat up. His head felt like it had split in half, but there were more pressing matters at hand. "John, you need to leave. A very dangerous man is coming. The Master has, or is going to escape." He declared in a weak voice.

"Absolutely not," John replied. All thoughts of leaving had quickly gone when Sherlock fell down the stairs. "I am staying right here. I've had enough of you keeping secrets. The last time, I thought you were dead." He stared at Sherlock pointedly then shook his head. "I get to help, this time. You are not leaving me in the dark again."

Cas closed his eyes, trying to do exactly that. It was difficult, to say the least, and yielded no response. "I can't," he replied, eyebrows knitting together as he tried to reverse the images.

Sherlock sighed, not wanting to argue with his friend. He was afraid John's helping would get the blonde man killed. He looked John in the eyes, a certain grimness to his expression. "I have many secrets, John. There is no way I can tell them all...but try to feel my heartbeat." That would be a way to ease him into it. Let him find both hearts for himself. "Castiel, are you be able to fly to that location? If not, I have other ideas."

"Now I really don't see what that has to do with this," John replied but pressed two fingers under Sherlock's jaw anything. He was silent for several moments then looked up at Sherlock impassively. "Is this why you've refrained from going to the hospital? Because although it is certainly odd, there have been instances of people having two hearts."

Cas closed his eyes and vanished into the air with a flap of his wings.

Sherlock frowned, face tinging red at John's statement. Then Why did his mother (who had never done anything parental most of her life) made such a fuss about it? That was the only thing she ever stressed about involving Sherlock. "My mother always made a fuss about it, as did Mycroft. I didn't know what else to do." He muttered.

"Probably because neither of them are doctors," John replied calmly. "If you've survived this long, it probably isn't dangerous and won't require an operation. But do at least start going to the doctors." He frowned when the trench-coat wearing angel suddenly reappeared, holding his head.

"I followed the signal I'm getting from the images," Cas said, swaying slightly. "It was difficult but I can fly there. I did not stay very long before I was attacked, however. It is heavily guarded."

Still embarrassed, Sherlock remained stubbornly silent until Castiel returned. Even then, he was still quiet. He toyed with the connection between the dual-hearted Timelords but then decided it was impossible. The Doctor and The Master were the only ones left and they were both male. It was just a coincidence.

"Then let's get going." Dean decided. He walked back to where his shotgun lay and picked it up. He always came locked and loaded. The sheer amount of weapons he kept hidden on his person was ridiculous.

Cas nodded his head then cast his gaze towards the detective and his friend. "Agreed. Let us all go." He grabbed John's hand and Sherlock's hand then Dean by his shoulder before attempting to fly back to where he had gone.

John landed with a thump and a groan on the cold ground, certainly not in the flat. There was a loud shout from nearby, followed by several loud footsteps. Quickly, he drew his pistol and fired several shots, forcing the approaching men wearing the strangest outfits to retreat behind a wall. "Where the Hell are we?" He asked, chancing a glance over his shoulder to count his companions.

"Where The Master was. How's about we ask questions after they're not shooting at us." Dean answered. He cocked his shotgun and advanced slowly. "Hey, we're here on friendly intent! Don't shoot and we won't shoot back! We're just here to look for somebody!" The hunter yelled down the hallway.

Sherlock opted to stay behind because he didn't have a weapon. His head was aching and he was feeling rather tired, but a good case like this would be the only thing keeping him up and alert. He peered out the doorway curiously, watching as Dean's figure shrank as it walked further down the hall.

The response was, naturally, more shots from the alien guns the opposing side possessed. Castiel swiftly ran ahead of Dean and rounded the corner. Several screams later, the angel reappeared with one of the guards in hand. He was either unconscious or dead, it was hard to tell. "I do not recall images of this place, only the cell. We will have to find it."

"What the Hell kinda weapons are those?" Dean asked. One of his eyebrows rose as he stared at the limp man Castiel was dragging along. So much for being peaceful. "And what are they wearing?" It looked ridiculous. If the situation wasn't so dire, he would've laughed. Instead, he contined leading the way in search of the proper cell. Hopefully they'd find The Master inside.

((I'm getting so excited for The Master to show up!))

Cas glanced down at the man he was holding then dropped him and continued onward as well. Eventually, the sound of tapping reached his ears. The same drumming sound as in his vision, but much fainter. Like someone hitting one solid object against another in the distance. Swiftly, the angel sprinted ahead and moved to the nearest door. The sound seemed to be coming from this room. But there was no visible handle or even a window leading in. Just a completely solid, metal door. And the tapping sound. "I believe he is in here," He said, looking for the others.

((Massive buildup. Hehehe.))

When Dean and Cas didn't return, Sherlock decided to follow. He too recongnized the rhythm of the distant beating. He followed the sound, stopping only when he stood beside Castiel and Dean. "We shouldn't find a way inside. He is safely locked up. Us opening it is likely his method of escaping. Castiel, could you fly us inside the cell?" He decided. Sherlock's voice was still weak and he clearly wasn't in good shape, but he was doing better. Or, well enough.

Castiel nodded and quickly swept the four of them inside. It was completely dark inside the cell with absolutely no trace of light. Nevertheless, the taping sound stopped and was quickly replaced by eerie laughter.

"Oh," a voice said, delight creeping into his words. "You're new. And there's four of you, even more delightful." The laughter continued for a few more moments before suddenly turning into a very haggard, very broken coughing sound. "It is strange you didn't just use the door. Do I get names this time or is it the silent treatment again?"

There was a soft clicking as Dean tried to get a flame from his lighter. He had set the shotgun down by his side, because he was currently tasked with lighting a stake (which he had hidden somewhere in his clothing) to make a torch. It took a long while, but it eventually caught flame. "Dean Winchester. Trenchcoat's Castiel, and that's-"

"Sherlock Holmes. I can introduce myself, thank you."

Dean shot Sherlock a look in the darkness. He sighed, and continued. "And then there's John Watson. We don't work here. You're The Master, right?" Dean was always one to cut the crap and get straight to the point. Doing anything else was a waste of his time. He took a wary step forward and directed the light-source towards the sound of the prisoner's voice.

A faint hiss came from the darkness as the source of light appeared. "Holmes, you say?" The voice asked. "Well, isn't that interesting," he added when the light finally illuminated his form.

Well, to say his condition had deteriorated since his last encounter with the Doctor would be an understatement. His wardrobe was composed of a straight jacket that had been modified to actually contain him and the same red collar from the day everyone transformed into him. But that wasn't the bad part. In response to his complete and utter betrayal, all Gallifreyans had come to hate and loathe the madman. Including his guards. Cuts, bruises and other signs of physical abuse covered the visible parts of his body, especially his feet and hands. When the time lord grinned, he was missing at least two teeth. "Hello," he said with an almost pleasant smile. Almost. "Lovely to see you, finally."

Sherlock's frown melted into a scowl. What was wrong with his surname? It was moderately common among the world's population. He stepped forward, snatching the bloodstained, burning spike of wood from Dean. "Hey! Get your own stake!" The American snapped in response. As expected, Sherlock payed him no mind. He held the light up and then silently observed The Master. A few things were obvious. This man was a psychopath, and a hated one at that. He'd lost it a long time ago, too. He had clearly did something to upset the people that had locked him up, judging by his poor state. But what Sherlock found most disturbing was by the way the Timelord looked at him. He narrowed his eyes at The Master. Chances are, he knew about his "death" and dramatic story and whatnot. It was the only thing that made sense.

The Master beamed up at the detective, smiling despite all of the injuries he had. It didn't even appear like he could stand. "I'd offer to shake hands but I'm a bit tied up at the moment," The Master said before he broke out in several snickers at his own little joke. John approached Sherlock, staying close to him while he observed the madman himself. A mental note was made before the Master looked up at Sherlock innocently. "Are you here for something? Because the drums are calling and they hate it when I leave them alone for too long." He stopped then leaned forward before suddenly bashing his head backwards into the solid wall behind him, making the same thumping noise as earlier that Cas had heard. He had been using his head to make the noise.

Sherlock's nose wrinkled in a mix of disgust and confusion. The beat from earlier...why did The Master obsess over it? He flinched when such an unexpected, loud noise was made, dropping the stake on the ground when he did. Three years on the street had make Sherlock skittish to loud noises and sudden movements.

"Heyheyheyhey settle down there psycho. We've got a few questions." Dean stated. He placed his hands over his ears and frowned. This was one of the biggest nut cases he had ever seen, and that was a feat in itself. Dean slowly crouched and picked up the dropped torch, eyes remaining on The Master as if he was afraid he would be attacked.

The Master was silent for several moments before he shifted around and tilted his head to one side, listening. "Well then you better ask them quickly," He replied. "Guards are coming. And I have to decide if I have answers and if I want to give them. It all depends on what you can give in return, I guess. And please, let's avoid the death threats. They're so unpleasant unless I'm the one giving them. But quickly now, tell me what's bothering you so much that you flew into a Time Locked warzone to speak to me."

Time-Locked warzone? Dean didn't know what any of that was, but it sounded kind of important. He glanced over in Castiel's direction before continuing, "How'd you give Cas those visions and why were you? We came here 'cause he kept seeing this cell and you in it. It seemed more like you wanted something from us instead of, well, this." He asked. It only made sense that Te Master was the one giving Cas his cisions. Who else could it be if it wasn't The Master?

The Master tilted his head to the side again then shook his head. "Mm, no," he replied.

"What do you mean, no?" Cas asked, taking a step forward.

"I mean I'm not answering without some form of payment." He replied before the door opened with a hiss, revealing many, many guards. "Whoops! Too late, I guess." The madman smirked before a shot sounded and he doubled over in pain.

"The prisoner is to refrain from speaking. You are all under arrest."