shadow_claw

Shoot, Salt, and Sonic

Sherlock's expression was most definitely a new one when it involved deducing. He wore sheer and utter cluelessness on his face. This was a common expression in social situations, but not in his job. Sherlock's confusion quickly melted as he still found nothing. "There's...there's nothing! No forensic evidence or anything!" He paced the room and dug his fingers into his tangled mess of dark hair. "It's impossible! There's absolutely nothing but that bloody statue!" A wild, desperate look filled Sherlock's eyes. It wasn't possible for there to be absolutely nothing!

John stared at Sherlock then moved to the door and opened it. "Maybe someone is hiding behind the statue. I'm going to go look." He started to pull on his coat when his eyes moved back towards the statue... only to find that it was gone. "Sherlock," He said, stopping short and quickly running back to the window. The statue was nowhere in sight. "Sherlock, the statue is gone."

Sherlock froze, all of his muscles locking up. What? No, no! That wasn't possible! It wasn't! Mindful of the barrier of salt, he darted outside and looked around frantically. No no no! "This isn't POSSIBLE!" The detective cried out. What was happening? Were they both going mad?! Sherlock's occasional breakdowns was the only real link between he and The Master. He had never been the most mentally stable.

John watched Sherlock run outside then moved back to the window, scratching his head in confusion, the door left wide open. Moriarty, also confused as to what was going on, looked out the window then turned to the door to inspect the salt barrier and see if Sherlock had broken the barrier. Instead, he found the same statue that had vanished standing in the doorway, one arm outstretched towards John. What.

What?!

Not realizing he said that outloud, he continued to stare at the statue as John turned and noticed it as well. Quickly, John stumbled backwards, nearly tripping over the chair as he did so. "Sherlock!" He yelled loudly. Was this the monster the Winchesters were hunting? It looked nothing like what they had described any of the things to be!

Sherlock turned his head as John yelled for him, momentarily jarred from his own panic. He rushed to his friend's help, only to find his way blocked by the same statue. What was going on?! On impulse, Sherlock leaped inside through the window. The injuries that developed from the fragmented glass weren't of his concern. This moment of chaos led him to forget about the line of salt he wasn't supposed to break. Whoops. Oh well, it seemed this creature was affected by salt anyways. "John. Be hasty in exiting through the window. We cannot stay here any longer."

Moriarty's gaze never left the statue as John nodded and quickly climbed out of the window, cutting his hand on the glass at the same time. He didn’t know what this thing was but he had to get away from it. Meanwhile, Moriarty moved closer to the statue and leaned close to it. “Well, hello,” He said, speaking softly. If this thing could move, it could hear him. “Aren’t you an interesting little thing? Do you want to make a deal?” He smiled at the statue but it was unable to respond. It was a statue, after all.

Once John had gotten outside, Sherlock followed. He wiped blood from a new cut on his face and glanced about. There were no more. Good. "We can question the realism of this later. Let us distance ourselves from that statue first." He decided. He gave John a few moments to let that sink in before Sherlock turned and began to run.

John nodded and took off running after Sherlock, hoping whatever it was wouldn't be able to catch them. Meanwhile, the statue was stuck in place as Moriarty stared at it, hands on his hips. "Come on, sweetheart. I'm sure we can work something out. Tell you what, why don't we have a chat with the big man downstairs?" He looped his arm around the stone statue's and the two vanished, headed down to Hell together.

"Jim, what sort of pet have you brought with you?" Crowley asked calmly. He arched an eyebrow at the other demon as he appeared. Jim could honestly act like a child sometimes. He was only second in command because of how smart he was. Crowley glanced over at The Master and then at Moriarty. "Gather any information while you were out?"

"That's a Weeping Angel," the Master replied, taking a step backwards. "You should not have brought that here. If it manages to touch you, it can send you back in time."

"Nonsense," Moriarty replied, holding the statue's outstretched. "We're going to make a deal. Well, we were. Only, it can't speak. But the Winchesters and my toys are together, hunting things."

((BE RIGHT BACK SCREAMING IN AGONY

Crowley frowned and watched the statue with wary eyes. Moriarty was either being very smart or very stupid. He couldn't decide which. "What should we ask her to do? Separate Sherlock from the human? That way you could get your meat suit and The Master could get his son. But what do we have in return..." He trailed off in thought. Suddenly, the demon's head snapped back up "Tell you what, love. How's about you separate the humans, and we get you a city full? How do you like the sound of New York?"

"Sammy, you might want to get over here." Dean swept his flashlight across the warehouse, its beam scarcely penetrating the endless waves of darkness. All of the victims had visited the warehouse before they went missing, so of course that was were the three looked. In a flickering light stood the winged figure of a woman, her hands over her eyes. She appeared to be mourning. It was strange.

"Don't touch that!" The Doctor cried, suddenly rushing in front of the brothers. It was always bad news when The Doctor of all people sounded afraid.

Edited by shadow_claw

"I have a better plan," The Master replied, stepping forward. "Weeping Angels can send people back in time with a single touch and feed off of the energy released. We have several... problems with our plans. First, the Doctor. To get him out of our hair, I suggest we send him back, giving me time to take his time machine and lock it in my own. The other problem is a strange man they call Cas who is somehow able to traverse time. Naturally, the Weeping Angel would prove ineffective. But is there a way we can trap him? If we can get him in a loop, it would make it impossible for him to escape."

"I don't want John dead yet," Moriarty added, leaning on the statue. "I cant play around with Sherlock but I can at least terrorize his little companion. I want to drive him to madness until he commits suicide. Then, I want to turn him into a demon."

"Why not?" Sam asked as his flashlight began to flicker as well. He frowned and looked away from the statue, hitting the light with his palm to try and get the flickering to stop. "What's wrong with it? It's just a statue."

Crowley's features hardened at the mention of Castiel. "Castiel is an angel. A real angel. He is wholly devoted to the Winchester brothers, especially Dean, and watches over the two of them like hawks. Castiel broke a deal of ours in the past, and snatched Dean's soul from its rightful place in Hell even before that. Instead of trapping him in a loop, why don't we trap him here? There's no way an angel can fly from Hell if we saw its wings off." He explained. Getting to torture Cas was a nice thought. Not even demons broke their deals, so Cas's betrayal was a grave insult to Crowley. Not to mention it pissed him off and ended up having Dick and all the other Leviathan pop up on Earth. The demon's attention turned to Moriarty as he spoke. "As fun as that sounds, I recall The Master wishing the both of them not to be dead. But it's his call. I could care less about what you do with him as long as it doesn't slow us down."

"Oh no, it's far from a statue. Just get out of here, and then I can explain the rest." The Doctor answered. He slowly began backing away from the angel, his eyes locked on its stone body. "They're called Weeping Angels. They only look like statues when you're looking at them. If they touch you, you're trapped back in time. They feed off the residual energy from sending you back in time. Very dangerous and incredibly fast. Just keep your eyes on her and don't blink, and we should be alright."

"But you have a time machine," Sam replied immediately. "Is that really so dangerous when you can just pick us up?" Nonetheless, he began to back up as well, moving towards the door. "Is there anything that can kill them?" He asked after a short pause.

"Okay, I've got it," The Master replied, clapping his hands. He approached the Weeping Angel that Moriarty was holding onto and set his hand on its. It was a sign of trust to be sure since it didn't even have to move now to send him back in time. "The Doctor is always standing in your way. We will support you in sending him back in time, allowing you to feed off of his wonderful energy. Then, you can send this angel fellow back in time to weaken him. Temporal displacement always causes illness and he's a bit messed up to begin with. We pop in and grab him with my TARDIS immediately after and bring him back Hell here and now. You can devour his wings-which I imagine to be a rather good source of energy considering he was able to break through a temporal lock-and then we drop you off in New York. Sherlock is mine, John goes to Moriarty and Crowley can have his two boys without any outside interruptions. Does that sound like a marvelous plan?"

"In this case, they'd just take me with the two of you." The Doctor pointed out with a frown. Dean followed Sam out the door as The doctor kept his eyes on the Weeping angel. "No. They can't be killed. All you can do is outsmart them. That's what makes them so dangerous." Dean opened the door and walked slowly outside. The sight he met with wasn't any better than inside the warehouse.

"Guys, you might want to turn around."

Crowley listened in silence as The Master spoke. His scowl melted into a grin and then a smile as he listened on. Oh, what a brilliant plan! He chuckled softly and nodded. "That sounds absolutely splendid, Master. We should get on it right away. Feel free to call upon any needed demons in your schemes. You earned it." He decided.

"But you said not to," Sam replied, staring at the angel inside the warehouse. Where they surrounded? That was the only thing he could think of in a time like this. "Can't you call Cas? He could probably destroy these things or at least get us out of here."

Moriarty smiled as the Master moved away. "For now, we'll be patient. Moriarty, you can continue what you are doing with Sherlock. We will use the demons as a distraction to pull the boys into a secluded area where they cannot hide." He turned to the statue again and patted it's cheek. "Darling-and I'm going to call you that because every beautiful creature should have a name-we're going to send you back now. If you have any allies, tell them to fall back for now. We want to meet on our territory and start by clipping their wings." He gestured to Moriarty, who promptly teleported the two of them to the surface again.

Oh, they were definitely surrounded. Dean couldn't keep his eyes on every weeping angel, but he was doing his best. They were getting pretty damn close too. Right when one was inches from his face, they suddenly stopped getting closer. What the Hell? With each blink they retreated further and futher away. "Uh...nevermind I guess." He muttered.

Sherlock ended up being force to stop at a park bench. He was in no codition for running, let alone being awake. And his head was hurting again. "Do you think we're far enough away?" He wheezed to John.

"I don't see it," John replied, looking back in the direction they had run. There was no sign of the statue or anything like it.

And where are the Winchesters? Moriarty whispered, having just appeared to torment John again. The doctor recoiled visibly and covered his ears, trying to block the voice out.

Sam looked over at the Doctor as the angel inside the warehouse retreated as well, his weapon slowly lowering. "What's going on?" He asked, looking around. "Why did they all just run away?"

Sherlock sighed and relaxed visibly. He wasn't feeling well in the slightest. It'd be alright if he just crashed here, right? His eyelids drooped as he tried to stay awake. Leaving John alone wasn't something he wanted to do. After all, John had some kind of breakdown earlier and it still worried Sherlock. "I may just rest here..." He muttered.

"I think so..." Dean answered. The Doctor stepped outside and scowled. Since when did Weeping Angels run? They never did that! Concern etched into his face as he thought.

"Something's wrong. Weeping Angels don't run like that."

Edited by shadow_claw

"Maybe they don't like Dean's body odor?" Sam offered helpfully, although it was really just a kick at his brother. It was what siblings did, after all. "Or maybe there's something worse coming. We should call Cas. I like having your super-charged bodyguard fluttering around when dangerous stuff comes crawling our way."

"No," John replied quickly, moving away from Moriarty to Sherlock. Of course, he couldn't see the demon but he was frowning. It was going to take more cracking to break John and Sherlock away from each other. And he was going to break John in the process. As he though, John held out a hand to Sherlock. "We need to find somewhere safe to hide. Here is not safe."

Sherlock groaned at John's response. But he was so tired! He looked up at his friend with tired green eyes and sighed heavily. "I'm tired." The detective stated childishly. He wanted to do nothing more than sleep for a few days. "When can we return to the flat?"

Dean elbowed Sam at his remark and shook his head. "I put deoderant on today! I think." He retorted. He walked outside and headed back to the Impala, popping the trunk and storing his weapons. "And I don't really want to bother Cas. He hasnmt been feeling that great since The Master headbutted him."

"But he's an angel. Why would a little headbutt hurt him?" He frowned at the idea of Cas suddenly getting injured like a normal person as an idea suddenly struck him. "Wait a moment. What about Sherlock and John? I mean, it seems strange that they all suddenly left at once and John was acting weird before. Could this have been a distraction?"

"When we're both fine," He replied, trying to pull Sherlock to his feet. "Just... come on. We can't just wait around in the dark out here with monsters and statues and aliens running about. We need to go somewhere safe."

Dean scowled at Sam's words. "C'mon, let's get back to the motel before something bad happens." He closed the trunk and hopped into the driver's seat, starting the sleek black car up and anxiously waiting for Sam and The Doctor to load up. Once they were inside, he punched the gas and sped off.

"Like where?" Sherlock retorted. He didn't resist as John tried to pull him to his feet but didn't stand either. He was just tired. "I believe I'm going to need sleep before I'm fine. and this bench is about as comfortable as they come." Sherlock gazed up at John through tired eyes, stopping only to rub one of his eyes. Being homeless for so long made sleeping on something like a bench or on the ground easy for Sherlock.

John stared down at Sherlock then sighed and let the detective fall back onto the bench. "Fine," he said, giving their surroundings another look. It appeared clear but he knew that could change in a moment. "I'll keep a watch. You rest."

Sam quickly held on as Dean drove back to the motel. Before he even got out of the car, it was obvious something was wrong. The door was wide open and the only window had been smashed open. It didn't look like anyone was inside.

Victory! Sherlock sighed and flopped back down onto the bench. He tilted his head back and closed his eyes, quickly falling alseep after getting comfortable. Sherlock never slept this much, which proved how bad of a condition he was in. Three years on the streets plus a head injury was enough for Sherlock.

Dean hopped out of the car and ran inside the motel room, not liking what he found inside. "Sammy. The salt line was broken." He stated grimly. No, this was all very bad news. He walked back outside and stared up at the sky. "Cas? It's Dean. John and Sherlock have gone missing. I hate to bother you, but we need help finding them. We think it might be something demonic."