shadow_claw

Shoot, Salt, and Sonic

There was a loud rustle of feathers almost immediately as Cas appeared behind Dean, standing tall and stiff. Although the two humans could not see it, his wings appeared to be molting. It wasn't a pretty sight and there was a general... vague look about him. "Neither of them have warding placed around them. Should I go find them? It should not be too difficult."

((OKAY I THOUGHT OF TWO AWESOME THINGS THAT NEED TO HAPPEN:

1) The Doctor goes comatose and is haunted my his former selves.

2) People (doesn't matter who) are taken back in time and meet kid!Sherlock or Sherlock gets turned into a kid. I think it'd be cute.))

The Doctor peered at Castiel, worry creasing on his moderately large forehead. He crouched down and picked up a fallen feather, slowly spinning it in his fingers. To Dean, it just looked like he was bein an idiot and playing around with air. But this wasn't the case. The Doctor looked up at Cas from his crouched position. He wasn't going to ask if Castiel was alright, because it was clear he wasn't.

"If you could please. It's not safe for them to be seperated, especially with The Master on the loose." Dean answered.

((Kid!Sherlock and kid!John. What if they knew each other as kids? That would be super cute.))

Cas tilted his head slightly to the side when the Doctor picked up one of his feathers. Oh, wait. He could see them? That was an interesting development. Still, he couldn't muse over it too much. He nodded and quickly flew to where John and Sherlock were, landing in front of the doctor. John stumbled backwards in shock as Cas looked between him and Sherlock. "It is not safe here. We need to leave."

((Can that please happen? Oh, and I finally got

link working. Click if you want to scream in sheer agony.))

Sherlock lifted his head as Castiel spoke, blinking his eyes open sleepily. Sherlock, being half Timelord was able to see Cas's wings as well. He just hadn't cared enough to mention them until now. "You don't look as if you should be flying. Your wings will look plucked if you keep at it like this." He noted with a frown. The thought of Cas having plucked chicken wings on his back make a smile twitch on his lips, but it faded instantly. Castiel looked to be in as poor shape as Sherlock was.

Cas's wings snapped closed immediately and he frowned. "It doesn't matter," He replied, reaching out to grab ahold of Sherlock. Then, quite suddenly, the streetlight overhead that had been illuminated the scene went out. When it came back on, the statue from earlier had Cas by the arm. A devilish grin alight its unmoving features as sharp teeth stared up at the angel. The light overhead began to flicker again as John quickly stumbled away, staring at shock at the thing that had managed to appear so silently and quickly.

Sherlock froze as the statue from before appeared, his expression carefully blank. He had devised a very, very stupid plan almost instantly. If it wanted Cas, then it would have to take an extra. Sherlock darted forward and grabbed the Weeping Angel's wrist. "I'm going to kindly ask you to let him go." He stated calmly. This thing wasn't going to take Castiel away without Sherlock trying anything to stop it.

((...are we both shipping DeanCas here or is it just me...?)

((Pretty sure we're both doing it.))

When the lights went out again, neither of them vanished. Although the statue maintained its hold on the angel's wrist, it's other hand reached up and closed around one of the angel's wings and jerked backwards sharply before the lights turned on again. To John, it looked like the statue was firmly gripping the air but Cas's reaction proved that this was obviously not so. The angel gave a shout of pain and tried to pull away but with one wing trapped, he wasn't going anywhere. And the angel looked as if it had no intention of letting him go, nor was it even giving Sherlock the time of day.

Sherlock's next move was a poor choice on his part. He swung his free fist right at the angel, onl to cry out in pain as he felt something crack in his wrist. He cradeled his now injured wrist to his chest and tried to free Castiel from the stone angel's grip. "I said let him go!" The detective hissed. It enraged Sherlock to know there was absolutely nothing he could do to actually help. The light flickered, this time another Weeping Angel showing up. This one restrained Sherlock by keeping its clawed hands around his neck. There was no way Sherlock could get out of that. "John! Run!"

John took a startled step backwards. The last thing he wanted to do was leave Sherlock and Cas alone with these... things. But he couldn't do anything. Sherlock had practically broken his wrist.

Run, Moriarty hissed in his ear and the doctor did exactly that. He turned and fled as fast as he could but the statues paid him no mind even as more appeared. Instead, they further restrained the angel as Cas struggled against them. When the lights returned on the next time, the statues had begun playing tug of war with his wings, dragging them in separate directions while the original angel held onto his wrist. A pained expression appeared on the angel's face as he tried to pull his wings away. They felt like they were going to be broken.

Sherlock struggled against the angel who had him by the neck, screaming and kicking in his desperation. The more he struggled, the tighter the angel would grip his throat. It got to the point where Sherlock slipped into an all-out panic, flailing about and clawing at his captor's stone fingers. He only lasted about thirty seconds until he was choked into unconsciousness. A flicker of lights later and Sherlock was thrown mercilessly onto the ground and left there as the angel joined in on torturing Cas.

The light went out permanently this time as a statue hurled a stone at it before it could turn back on. Now in the complete darkness, the statues worked until there was a scream of pain and two loud cracking sounds. The angel collapsed to the ground as the statues released him, his wings twisted and contorted in the wrong directions. Before he could even attempt to move, the original statue planted its hand on his head and he vanished, providing all of the statues with a massive energy boost. Oh, that as good. They needed to find more of these angels. They were quite delightful. But now there was the detective to worry about. Sending hm back in time would be fine, right? They weren't going to kill him, after all. It still conformed to their deal but gave them more energy.

After a brief thought, the original statue that appeared to be the leader dismissed the others and quickly closed in on Sherlock, reaching out a hand to send him after the angel.

Sherlock awoke with a start, gasping for air as if he had been strangled only moments ago. This wasn't the case, however. There were visible bruises around his skinny neck where he had been gripped. He looked around frantically, both relieved and terrfied at the sight of Castiel. Staggerin to his feet, Sherlock rushed to the angel. He was too clouded and half-conscious to realize they weren't in the 21st century anymore, let alone America. The alleys of both London and America looked a great deal similar. Sherlock nudged the angel's side with his good hand, worry shining in his eyes. He wasn't dead, was he?

Castiel sucked in a breath then curled himself into a shaking ball of broken wings and feathers. He had probably been hurt more than he had ever been hurt before. He felt dizzy and nauseous and broken. But he forced himself to try and stand anyway, falling down multiple times in his attempt to. "Where are we? I can't sense John or the Doctor anywhere..."

Sherlock scanned the area with his eyes, frowing at what he collected. "London. I...I remember this." He admitted. But...how was this possible? It wasn't! Statues, even if they could move, could5 do this! "This is the street on which my childhood home is." Concern made his eyebrows knit together. This wasn't right. How was this possible? All this made him want to have a smoke. But...later. There was a lot to investigate.

Cas nodded as he leaned against a nearby wall, breathing heavily. "I can... try to fly us back," He replied, deciding to ignore the fact his wings were dragging on the floor behind him. There was no way he was flying anywhere. Even so, he tried to raise his broken wings and gestured for Sherlock to return back to him.

Being the total ass he was, Sherlock outright laughed at Cas. He only stopped when the jarring movement sent sharp spikes of pain from his head. "Don't insult yourself. We need to find something to bandage your wings to keep then from dragging like that." He decided. He froze when he heard voices nearby.

"Button your shirt up all the way! It's a wonder you can ever tie your shoes!"

Sherlock stiffened at the voice of the young man. No. That wasn't possible! He peered fron the alley, and then went unnaturally pale. Mycroft, roughly fifteen years old, was crouched in front of a small boy with a curly dark hair.

"I remember this." The detective muttered to his angelic companion.

Cas frowned as he stared at Sherlock. He was a soldier. He could manage a little pain... a few broken wings... all his broken wings. "We should not be here," Cas replied, trying to move away from the wall and failing miserably. "We should attempt to return to our time."

"When you've healed. It physically impossible for you to fly with wings like that." Sherlock insisted. He ducked back into the alley when Mycroft glanced towards them. Slowly approaching Cas, he darted forward suddenly and attempted to set one of his wings. This needed to be done quickly before Cas could smite him or anything like that

The angel reacted quite violently to the sudden grabbing of his wing. Much like a bird, he screeched and flailed about wildly, probably causing more damage to himself while trying to escape from Sherlock's grip. His pained nosies of distress were growing quite loud as he quickly ended up on the ground and simply rolled around there, trying to jerk his wing away from Sherlock.

Sherlock was thrown into the wall as Castiel reacted. He wheezed, slowly sinking to the ground instead of getting back up. A small boy wriggled from his brother's grasp and followed the sound of screeching. Bright green eyes went round like saucers at the sight of Cas. He squealed excitedly, rushing up to the angel and staring up at him. "Y-you...you have wings!" The child squeaked.

Castiel gasped loudly as he slowly calmed down. His hands curled into fists as he looked up at the boy standing in front of him then slowly tried to stand. The action was accompanied by many pained grunts. "You should.. Return to your brother," he replied trying to dismiss the child.

The small Sherlock didn't seemed fazed by Castiel at all. His eager smile faded when he examined the angel's wings closer. "You're hurt." He said quietly. He didn't seem all too disturbed or anything like that. He was twelve, which meant he had already attempted to solve Moriarty's first murder in the demon's new meatsuit and had been working on solving others. Blood had long since been something Sherlock was desensitized to. "C'mon, I can take you to my house and help you get them bandaged." This wasn't quite to the point where Sherlock shut himself off from his emotions, however. The boy offered a hand to Castiel and smiled. "I'm Sherlock."

Cas's eyes widened before quickly narrowing. No, no. This was too bad. He could not remain here any longer. "You will be in danger if you remain near me," He replied. That attack had been too coordinated to be random. To instantly strike him and disable his wings... those strange statues were not working alone. He had enemies that wanted him in the past and weakened. Who was it this time? "It would be more advisable for you to return to your house on your own."

Sherlock tilted his head to the side in confusion. He was about to reply when Mycroft ran into the alley, absolutely livid. "Sherlock!" The teen's exclamation had both younger and older Sherlock lift their heads. The older Sherlock's green eyes widened when he realized what was going on. No. No no no!

"Castiel. When I give the call, run." Sherlock sprang to his feet, eyes narrowed at Mycroft and the younger Sherlock. Mycroft almost instantly made a connection between both pale, curly-haired, green-eyed males and scowled. He darted forward and snatched his younger brother's hand to drag him away.

"Run where?" Cas asked in confusion. Why? What? He was too confused and injured for this. He flopped back down to the ground, his wings twitching slightly. Too much. This was all too much. "You go ahead," He managed to say before collapsing entirely.