dustpuppy

The Lovely Commons Project

Oh, Fleshcrownes and Teimarrs as inside breeds - that's an awesome idea!

Now talking about ideas, I have a couple of 3rd gens - some of which were gifts - that I would love to turn into Lovely Common finishes. Only question is, with which 3rd breed? xd.png Any comments on those? smile.gif

Cassare from female Neotropicals

???

Dark Green from female Greens

Green Nebulas maybe?

Fever from male Embers

Brutes? Falconiforms?

Nhiostrife from female Waterhorses

Skywing? I somewhat doubt my chances at a 2nd gen Skywing from Nhiostrife ...

Royal Crimson from male purple Nebulas

Purple Ridgewings?

Skywing from female Tri-Horns

Seragamma maybe? Would I have a chance at a Skywing from a Seragamma?

Sunrise from Sunset mother and Sunset from Sunrise father

Obviously, I can turn the offspring from these into anything I want: Sunrise or Sunset. But what to pair them with?

Undine from male Luminas

What color of Stripeds to Undines make? Or maybe I could use female Moonstones ...

edit: Okay, green Undines make green Stripeds xd.png I just saw dragonpuck's trade of one ...

Waterhorse from male Skywing and Skywing from female Waterhorse

This leaves room for two lineages, one for Skywing and one for Waterhorse - obviously both awesomely bright blue!

For Waterhorse: female Moonstone? Or would that be too non-green?

For Skywing: ???

Waterhorse from male Nhiostrifes (she refused the Nhiostrife above, by the way, so no 4th gen checker ...)

Female Daydream? Frostbite? Tsunami? *blubb*

White from female Magis

I'd like a bright, bold color like the Magi. Brimstone would fit that requirement, but kind of clash with the serene, quiet impression that Magis and Whites give. Tangar? Royal Crimson? I wish there was a brighter version of the Guardian ...

Edited by Ruby Eyes

Oh, Fleshcrownes and Teimarrs as inside breeds - that's an awesome idea!

I'm actually planning to put the Fleshcrownes on the outside |D However, it gives me the idea of making three lines from these three and "rotating" who is on the outside. :3

Those are all lovely pairings. Let's see...

1. Maybe Gold-Horn Tangars? I don't know. Something to bring the green and orange together? Or something radical to make it all pop?

2. Definitely Green Nebbies. :3

3. It could be just me but Falconiforms and Fevers always look good together.

4. Either Deep Sea or Daydream would be my suggestion but Skywings could also look good.

5. The Ridgewings would look nice :3

6. Seragamma's are hard. I don't know how much luck you'll get with a Skywing since it took me about 12 breedings to finally get a Guardian from a Seragamma. (I haven't tried them a lot with other breeds so I don't know how it'll go.)

7. Maybe Sunsongs?

8. The female Moonstones would look purdy ^^

a) Go female Swallowtail! Go female Swallowtail!

B) Blue banded maybe? If you're up for the challenge.

10. Tsunami would look nice with them but probably a challenge since they're uncommon I think.

11. I don't know how much clashing there would be but, what about a Yellow-Crowned?

Edited by Narvix

I'm actually planning to put the Fleshcrownes on the outside |D

Maybe you did, but I wasn't laugh.gif You reminded me of pretty female Fleshcrowne/male Teimarr checkers which inspired me to use them together with an "outside" breed for the Lovely Commons smile.gif

edit: Well, I tried with Coastal Waverunners and Teimarrs first. Got 1 "no interest", 1 refusal, and 1 egg: https://dragcave.net/lineage/jVDMi

I hope the other half with Fleshcrownes will work better ...

edit edit: well, almost: got 3 Fleshcrownes, like https://dragcave.net/lineage/mebHG

There went my 3 male and 3 female Coastal Waverunners ...

Those are all lovely pairings. Let's see...

1. Maybe Gold-Horn Tangars? I don't know. Something to bring the green and orange together? Or something radical to make it all pop?

Poppety pop ... Swallowtail or Turpentine? Yellow-Crowned?

2. Definitely Green Nebbies. :3

3. It could be just me but Falconiforms and Fevers always look good together.

5. The Ridgewings would look nice :3

8. The female Moonstones would look purdy ^^

Okay biggrin.gif

4. Either Deep Sea or Daydream would be my suggestion but Skywings could also look good.
Daydream is too much pink for my taste, in this combo, and Deep Sea too dark ... I think I'll stick with Skywings.

6. Seragamma's are hard. I don't know how much luck you'll get with a Skywing since it took me about 12 breedings to finally get a Guardian from a Seragamma. (I haven't tried them a lot with other breeds so I don't know how it'll go.)
Just yesterday, someone gifted my a pretty 3rd gen Seragamma which features a 2nd gen *Copper* from Seragamma - so there *must* be chances higher than zero! laugh.gif

7. Maybe Sunsongs?
Hm ... only if the outside is Sunset, maybe ...

a) Go female Swallowtail! Go female Swallowtail!

cool.gif Blue banded maybe? If you're up for the challenge.

Female Swallowtail sounds like an awesome idea - for some reason, I had assumed they'd need to be the male one - I got confused! xd.png

Blue Banded seems a bit dark though for the combo. I'll see if I can get the Waterhorse version first smile.gif

10. Tsunami would look nice with them but probably a challenge since they're uncommon I think.
I'll try and see what I get xd.png

11. I don't know how much clashing there would be but, what about a Yellow-Crowned?

Hm ... maybe ...

Edited by Ruby Eyes

These two just refused... *headdesk* I mean, I was able to re-breed a Black Tea, but still. -_-

These two just refused... *headdesk* I mean, I was able to re-breed a Black Tea, but still. sleep.gif

Refusals are so annoying. Just now, two of my soulpeaces (who were perfect for each other) refused. Oh well, I guess it's just part of the game.

Progress with my latest lineage while all the others are still stalled. Just got a Nebula, which, if it colors right, will mate with her and the offspring will be a mate for dragonpuck's gift. I was surprised to get a Nebbie so quickly, but there is still room for failure, so I am holding my breath!

I guess I need to get this one posted in my first post since it seems it might actually happen! laugh.gif

Gonna start a new project! I'll add it to my first post. biggrin.gif

Breed A - Flamingo

Breed B - Deep sea

Breed C - Coastal waverunner

I love these colors together!

On the AP, I just found the top half of yet another project: https://dragcave.net/lineage/bfkd2 xd.png With male Spitfires, maybe?

Yeah, Spitfires would look nice, maybe Daydreams or Red-Finned Tidals? It's too bad Two-Finned Blunas can't be CB. lol

Too much pink and red, for my taste smile.gif I'll stick with Spitfires, I think, if there is no sudden flush of Blunas in the cave xd.png I'll just have to catch more Waverunners - and guess what's being snagged quickly these days ...

Me: *goes to update a bunch of dragons I never got around to posting*

Me: *sees most all my images have gone kaput*

Me: D: *loses motivation to update*

>_>

On a positive note (I suppose), I bred these two fever lines I nearly forgot about: https://dragcave.net/lineage/zZNqU and https://dragcave.net/lineage/LZFej and realized I could breed them together for this once they grow. xP

~

Ruby Eyes - guardians or even blue bandeds, maybe? It'd keep with the too blue theme. =p Spitfires would look nice, though.

Me: *goes to update a bunch of dragons I never got around to posting*

Me: *sees most all my images have gone kaput*

Me: D: *loses motivation to update*

Me: totally goes to scan the wiki for valid image codes and suppresses a mad giggle to avoid suspicious looks of co-workers. laugh.gif

>_>
PM sent xd.png

On a positive note (I suppose), I bred these two fever lines I nearly forgot about: https://dragcave.net/lineage/zZNqU and https://dragcave.net/lineage/LZFej and realized I could breed them together for this once they grow. xP

Pretty lines smile.gif

Ruby Eyes - guardians or even blue bandeds, maybe? It'd keep with the too blue theme. =p Spitfires would look nice, though.

Guardians, yes. Might be blue enough smile.gif

Me: totally goes to scan the wiki for valid image codes and suppresses a mad giggle to avoid suspicious looks of co-workers. laugh.gif

PM sent xd.png

Pretty lines smile.gif

Guardians, yes. Might be blue enough smile.gif

This makes your PM so much better, LOL. Thank you so, so, so, so much, Ruby Eyes! You are a superstar. <3

Which means I've updated my post! Whoo! I'm closer to finishing some of my projects than I thought. Too bad I'm locked for a while. =o

I added in some backwards lovely commons as fails under the result which people can also request if they wish. =3

Finally finished the first lineage I ever started, just under a year ago!

http://dragcave.net/lineage/lYiOl

Wow, that's so pretty. Congrats!

~

*sends good luck vibes to purplehaze for the next babeh*

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Some success and some failures. Thankfully, no refusals.

My 3rd gen Frost dragons didn't produce an egg this week so, hopefully, next week I should be able to wrap up the line.

I finally got a Royal Crimson from Cassare! |D

Anyone want a 3rd gen Daydream from Soulpeace mother? Transfer Link

Right now, my White/Daydream/Soulpeace line only goes to four generations but I might extend it to five in the future so it looks fuller and there's more of a Soulpeace presence. *shrugs*

Unfortunately, the Fleshcrowne I had bred last time gendered female when I wanted a male .-. Gonna have to try again when I'm not egg-locked.

Edited by Narvix

Despite last week's refusal, yay progress~ :)

@Sock- Ooh! That's lovely! I never would have thought of pairing Fevers with Black Teas but it looks really neat~ c: And the Fevers make the Nhios look really bright. Also, nice code. "Cutie says" lol

such pretty successes!!

wish my pairs would co-operate rolleyes.gif

love that combo Denwayasha- I like monochrome pairings

Edited by dragonpuck

Most of my lineages are still stuck on the same wrong breed eggs. I am ready to toss them about now -- Do you hear me Brutes and Frostbites? And Howlers? But I did get a Nebula to replace the one that colored wrong before. I need serious PURPLE vibes here! wink.gif

Typical case of "half a progress" again:

Waverunner #1: https://dragcave.net/lineage/1YXRs and Waverunner #2: https://dragcave.net/lineage/prJuv - at least neither of their parents refused!

Maybe next week at least 1 of those pairs breeds a Guardian, for this top half: https://dragcave.net/lineage/bfkd2

Good luck, purplehaze! You'd think with your name you'd attract purple-colored dragons! biggrin.gif