makenziec123

The Calling OOC

Eh, call me Pyro, it's my scrollname anyways.

Well, I was thinking dragon-like in terms of intelligence and maybe abilities, like how the Skelekardra are the Ra'zaks' "dragons". And, well, parents, but that has nothing related to this.

That sounds cool, but sadly I haven't read the series yet so I need more of a description. I've seen the movie (please don't kill meh Narath >.<) was it that shadowy dragon thing?

They actually are much different than in the movie. In the movie, they paid no attention to any description. The characters in the movie looked nothing like their counterparts in the books. Ra'zak in movie, and Ra'zak in book (On a Skelekardra). The Ra'zack are thin, black skinned, have eyes like beetles, and a small beak.

THAT SHADOWY DRAGON THING DOES NOT EXIST! IT IS NOT ANYWHERE IN THE INHERITANCE UNIVERSE!

Basically, they are fast, agile, strong, and a nightmare to fight. They also possess really good tracking abilities because of their strong smell. However, they have no power over magic at all.

Edited by Narath

well I mentioned that in the post that started this conversation, but I don't think we ever decided on a name or description.

Hydra for the name. Then we can also have it so that if you lop off it's head, it doubles up, and the only way to have it work is to cauterize the stubs as you cut them, or chop them off at the same time.

The Ra'zak also has a toxic bite. When Roran (Eragon's brother/cousin) gets bit on the shoulder, the shoulder becomes pale, spongy, and oozes puss (I think. It's been a while since I read it).

Gah. Bugs were nightmare fuel enough, and now they can regrow HEADS?

Alright, I'm quitting. Lolno, just kidding. But still.

No, I'm talking about the water horror.

However, some bugs to have that kind of ability. When earthworms are cut in half, both sides become their own worm.

Have you ever seen a two-headed earthworm?

Besides, water bears ((I think that's what they're called, anyway)) have that ability as well.

The water one is a great idea! Maybe then this new NPC I thought of for them could be some kind of giant sea serpent with multiple heads over in that one really deep place in the water near the border between the Badlands and Horusia.

Hmm... alright. So aquatic Horrors will be called Hydras then? and the NPC for them will be called The Leviathin. I think this could work as a base for the physical discription: https://www.google.com/search?q=sea+monster...43%3B1134%3B799

What should we call the bug ones and the ones from the Inheritance Cycle then? Or we going to somehow combine the two?

Any particular picture? I like this one personally.

Leviathan? That reminds me of the monsters from Supernatural. Those guys are kinda scary.

I'm not sure what they should be called. Maybe the adult one could be a cousin or something of the harpies, and the Ra'zak could be relatives of the slashers since they are also fast and strong. They just use actual weapons, and cover themselves in cloaks. This way, they are the most human-like horror, an can hide in plain sight, almost like the nightmare horrors.

If you don't mind Narath, since you and Beinin seem to know the most about the Ra'zak and the other one I'd like to put the two of you in charge of coming up with a description, an NPC if you want one, and whatever else you want to do. Maybe change the name and the features slightly, since this is based on a book I'm writing and I don't want to steal ideas?

And I thought of Leviathan because of the poem.

What about this?: user posted image

you can only see the head and part of the neck, so that gives us plenty of freedom really.

*salutes* eye eye captain!

O.O That's a big picture.

What poem?

In supernatural, they look like this, only when they are about to feed. Otherwise, they look like regular people, and can change their appearance to the look of someone else me coming into contact with anything that has their DNA.

THAT. IS. TERRIFYING. O.O

Oh, and the picture's creepy too xd.png

There's a poem titled "Leviathan". I forget the author though. It describes a deathly scary sea monster that for some strange reason has always fascinated me.

Yea, and they can pretty much swallow you whole as well.

I always thought of them as sea monsters too. I don't like that they turned a terrifying sea monster into a terrifying land monster, but it's still a good monster.

That ma'am, is just rude.

And pretty funny.

Pie is really good.

My favorite is pumpkin.

But it would probably be better with a Hubbard squash instead.

Hubbards taste just like pumpkins but are less stringy and have a smooth texture instead of a rough, gritty one.

I live on a farm. Can't you tell?

Up until now? I honestly never would have guessed it tongue.gif

I live in the suburbs, but I grew up next to a farm/stable.

And pumpkin is my favorite too! biggrin.gif

Just by that post alone I mean.

Mine's an organic vegetable farm.

I hate working in the fields, but I loved working at the market. And guess what I was best at selling?

My family thinks I was born in the saddle tongue.gif

they also think I read the dictionary for fun because I've read more than half of the fiction books at the public library xd.png

and honestly, I love working the fields. Then again I usually had a friend or two and we'd be laughing the whole time we picked peas and apples, but yeah.

Oh, and one time we couldn't find the ladders, so my friends made me stand on the back of a draft horse in the stable to get the apples tongue.gif (i'm five foot nine)

Try farming here. Picking strawberries in a pain in the back (literally). And try picking peas in the mud and rain. Also, we sometimes have to wear hoodies during the summer so we aren't eaten alive by mosquitoes, in +20-30 degree weather.

One thing I liked about working in the field is that while picking strawberries, my cats would come out and get us to pet them. I try to resist, but when Dusty pets me to get me to pet him, I just can't resist. He's a fat adorable cat.

Standing on the saddle? Isn't that kinda as dangerous as standing on a chair?

I'm six foot one (maybe two). tongue.gif

It tops at 115 degrees where I live for most of the summer. Then again it also rains quite a bit so mosquitos don't bother us as much.

And yes, yes it is. but I was standing oh his hindquarters, not the saddle ;D And I've been riding for the past... 9 years I think? and it was a vaulting horse.

I'm actually short for my family tongue.gif My uncle is almost 7 feet tall xd.png

I'm talking celsius, not fahrenheit. Mosquitoes love moisture by the way. Need it for their eggs.

I'm not the tallest either. I have an older cousin that's about six foot six or so. Yea, I'd say he's the tallest in the family.