Lantean_Pegasus

Travel through Europe

Just wanted to let you all know that I'm still interested in this project, but my dragons are taking a breeding pause dry.gif

Would you take a dummy and a proper ticket when Oslo warms up ? (see above sad.gif)

It seems that Luxembourg did offer sooner than you. Otherwise I a dummy egg would be fine. Maybe we can try next week again?

Travelling Europe !

Travellers involved: Amazon_warrior, Lastalda

Capitals travelled: Helsinki, Athens

After much trouble, such as changing species for a start, and a refusal with the original pair of electrics, I finally have a 2nd gen egg for this project.

I'll be keeping him/her, but I guess this means that tickets to Budapest will be available one week from now biggrin.gif

Excellent, congratulations! biggrin.gif

Can I reserve next week's ticket in exchange for one to Athens?

(My Passport)

Also, I'd like to host a second Capital!

As my passport shows, I've traveled to 10 cities. smile.gif

I would like to host Ljubljana with Neotropicals, as they look a bit like the dragon on the city's Coat of Arms. biggrin.gif

Will raise a suitable pair of Neos next week when I have space again. smile.gif

Edited by Lastalda

@ Lastalda

Of course! I'll note that down somewhere so I don't forget. (If I do feel free to PM me)

Edited by StarLaDragon

@Iside:

My sympathies, I once was grounded in Paris for some weeks on end, too, and although I love the city it was quite tedious. I hope your dragons cooperate again soon !

@StarLaDragon:

Congratulations on finally opening Budapest for travel ! Have a great time touring Europe !

@Lastalda:

Ahh, another double host. smile.gif I'll add it to the lists. Best of luck with Ljubljana and its heraldic Neotropicals !

(Edit: Adding the city to the map will have to wait till I'm back at another computer where I have some other browser than the IE. For some reason that one doesn't work at editing googly maps... rolleyes.gif )

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

No hurry. smile.gif

I've added the city to my passport for now, will update and let you know when I've got my home-souvenir. smile.gif

I took the eggie sdc. The next Vienna egg will be yours. smile.gif

Travelling Europe !

Travellers involved:Idril, sdc

Capitals travelled:Reykjavik

If someone else wanted the egg please tell me. smile.gif

Edited by Idril

Could I make a suggestion? 8D As there is already a list of capitals that are still free to claim, there could also be a list of dragon breeds that are still free. ...I took to the task of compiling the list myself. xd.png

Available dragon breeds

Albino

Balloon

Black-Capped Teimarr

Black Tea

Blacktip

Blusang

Brimstone

Daydream

Deep Sea

Flamingo

Gold

Golden Wyvern

Gray/Fog

Harvest

Ice

Magma

Nocturne

Olive

Purple

Red-Finned Tidal

Seragamma

Silver

Speckle-Throated

Spitfire

Spotted Greenwing

Stone

Thunder

Tri-Horn Wyvern

Turpentine

Vine

Water Walker

I didn't include Copper, Dorsal, Nebula, Ridgewing and Striped because of their multiple forms. If you feel like they could be allowed, then let me know and I'll fix the list~

PS. Oh, and since Kosovo is technically a country now, would Pristina be considered an actual capital city?

Edited by Beldarius

Could I make a suggestion? 8D As there is already a list of capitals that are still free to claim, there could also be a list of dragon breeds that are still free. ...I took to the task of compiling the list myself. xd.png

PS. Oh, and since Kosovo is technically a country now, would Pristina be considered an actual capital city?

We chose to put the list of dragons already used because we don't want to restrict people in their choices and dragons keep getting added to the cave. And if you forget to add them to the post, they can't be chosen. So we put the dragons that are already chosen and any dragon that is breedable with them can be picked. If you choose a rare dragon, travels will go very slow for you, but it's completely up to the player.

as for the 2nd question, as kosovo is added as a independent country ... i guess it's capital would count as one of the capitals of europe.

@Beldarius:

Thank you for all the work and the input !

Would you like to manage the list of breeds that are still available ? In that case I'll link to it from the post with the breeds that are already chosen. (If not, I'll include it somewhere in my posts.)

Regarding the Republic of Kosovo: I just read the Wikipedia article, and some other accounts, about it, to get up-to-date. There is quite a rift of opinion in EU as well as International views about it being an independent nation (not all EU countries recognise its status, and only about half of the UN ones does). I'd prefer not to get the project entangled in all that, and rather leave Pristina/Kosovo out of the list.

Question for everyone - Breeds with differing sprites

Beldarius' post with the list of breeds that are still available brought up the question of what to do with breeds that have different sprites.

Those are: Copper, Dorsal, Nebula, Ridgewing, Seasonal and Stripe.

Hyesu originally allowed all of these except the Seasonals.

Since we already have the Green dragons of Warsaw, who are giving a Geode now and then, I'd like to allow all the others, too, including the Seasonals. They are all interbreedable, and they give regular offspring, only with different colours (or, in case of the Seasonals, different poses as well).

What do you think ?

Question for everyone - Breeds with differing sprites

Beldarius' post with the list of breeds that are still available brought up the question of what to do with breeds that have different sprites.

Those are: Copper, Dorsal, Nebula, Ridgewing, Seasonal and Stripe.

Hyesu originally allowed all of these except the Seasonals.

Since we already have the Green dragons of Warsaw, who are giving a Geode now and then, I'd like to allow all the others, too, including the Seasonals. They are all interbreedable, and they give regular offspring, only with different colours (or, in case of the Seasonals, different poses as well).

What do you think ?

I don´t see a problem with allowing these breeds. I think it woud be nice when there´s some diversity in colour for those dragons. smile.gif For the Seasonals one could choose at which season they want to visit that city. biggrin.gif

About the breeds who don't necessarily breed true:

I don't see a real problem with allowing them. I suppose if one wanted a "pure" offspring, one could ask the host for such an egg, and bring patience. (I would probably do that, personally - for my taste, the lineage is way multicolored enough with all the different capitals. tongue.gif But I don't see any reason to forbid others to use them.)

In other news, Ljubljana is open for visitors! Tickets will be available starting next week. smile.gif

In other news, Ljubljana is open for visitors! Tickets will be available starting next week. smile.gif

OOH OOH May I book ahead ? Oslo is - um - preparing for bed (24 hour to cooldown...) I just had a lovers tiff between Warsaw and Luxembourg, and they are both screaming for new transport links...

ETA and I would love to include hybrids. The only POSSIBLE issue would be when a UV turns up a spitter.... that could lead to breed duplication.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Reserving the first ticket to Ljubljana for you! biggrin.gif (Though I've been to Oslo before and hence won't need another ticket, in case anyone else wants to travel Oslo in the near future wink.gif.)

As for Hybrids, I don't think they work. Since all "city pairs" must be CBs of the same breed, they're ruled out automatically. If you want to do hybrids, you'll have to make them by breeding 2nd gens from appropriate cities together.

(Geodes are the only exception, since you can get them by pure-breeding greens or stones. But even there, Geodes would not be an eligible choice for representing a city, only greens and stones would be, and Geodes would be an occasional odd 2nd gen.

But all other hybrids require 2 different breeds being bred together, if I remember correctly.)

Edited by Lastalda

Would love to, but am scroll-locked and have already promised the next ticket to each of my cities. sad.gif

How about next week? Best PM me. smile.gif

Reserving the first ticket to Ljubljana for you! biggrin.gif (Though I've been to Oslo before and hence won't need another ticket, in case anyone else wants to travel Oslo in the near future wink.gif.)
Thanks.

As for Hybrids, I don't think they work. Since all "city pairs" must be CBs of the same breed, they're ruled out automatically. If you want to do hybrids, you'll have to make them by breeding 2nd gens from appropriate cities together.

(Geodes are the only exception, since you can get them by pure-breeding greens or stones. But even there, Geodes would not be an eligible choice for representing a city, only greens and stones would be, and Geodes would be an occasional odd 2nd gen.

But all other hybrids require 2 different breeds being bred together, if I remember correctly.)

Good point.

Edited by fuzzbucket

Travelling Europe !

Travellers involved: Altiron, Isanor

Capitals travelled: Tallinn

The return visit will follow soon.