Lantean_Pegasus

Travel through Europe

Not much choise there either, besides, like Vienna, red and white are the colours of Bratislava`s coat of arms, too. And I´d rather keep them... unsure.gif

I actually had hoped for a new release last weekend with maybe a red dragon....

The Cave really needs more red dragons that aren't Holidays. *nods vigorously*

@Idril:

Congratulations on hosting a second city ! Especially Vienna's "Twin City" ! smile.gif

Well, for the red the only thing I can come up with that isn't taken already are the Red Dorsals. They may be black and red, but that's the case with Vienna's Reds, too, and the Dorsals at least have a white horn. wink.gif

The other option would be to go for the white of the white/red combination. Albinos, Blacktips, Stripes are still open.

Or you just go with the Balloons - they are the only ones with both colours, after all.

Edited by Lantean_Pegasus

IMO, a white dragon would only make sense if you breed them, and not everyone knows about the twin city status (which is a rather new concept between Vienna and Bratislava).

I got a pair of Balloons for now. We´ll see if there is a new release next Sunday and with hopefully another red dragon. If not I´ll probably go with the Balloons.

Travelling Europe !

Travellers involved: Fuzzbucket, Dolphine

Capitals travelled: Zagreb

Owed a ticket from way back.

Edited by fuzzbucket

IMO, a white dragon would only make sense if you breed them, and not everyone knows about the twin city status (which is a rather new concept between Vienna and Bratislava).

I got a pair of Balloons for now. We´ll see if there is a new release next Sunday and with hopefully another red dragon. If not I´ll probably go with the Balloons.

Go with balloons. Not enough people love balloons. smile.gif

Edited by fuzzbucket

@Idril:

Balloons it is, then. Or whatever might or might not be released on Sunday. wink.gif Let me know once you've made the final decision, and I'll update the lists accordingly.

Passport

Capital: San Marino

Dragons: Vines

Native 2nd gen: Come visit San Marino

Last bred: 25 of July

Capital: London

Dragons: Freckled

Native 2nd gen: n/a

Last bred: n/a

Second Capital: St. Petersburg

Dragons: Cassare Dragons

Native 2nd gen: Z'Prince Zaphey Akulova

Last bred: 11th April

Contact (thread, PM or both): Both

Already travelled:

1) Paris

2) Berlin

3) Budapest

4) Oslo

5) Skopje

6) Valleta

7) Prague

8) Madrid

9) Stockholm

10) Vienna

11) Tirana

12) Moscow

13) Vilnius

14) Zagreb

Would like another visit: -

Regular online time(s): Usually active around 5-10am cave time everyday.

Time off:

Edited by Tiga

@Tiga:

A warm welcome to you in our merry fellowship of travellers ! It's great that you found your way here, and I hope you'll have lots of fun and adventure travelling Europe ! smile.gif

The passport is almost perfect for now, you just have to change the "Country". While San Marino indeed is in Italy, it is a separate country, with a capital of the same name. (Like Luxembourg, for example.) So it is

(Oh, and "time off" usually is just there to let others know when you will be away for longer times, like days or weeks on end, you don't need to account for every hour of the day. wink.gif )

Now I'm curious to see what dragons you will choose to represent it !

@Tiga:

A warm welcome to you in our merry fellowship of travellers ! It's great that you found your way here, and I hope you'll have lots of fun and adventure travelling Europe ! smile.gif

The passport is almost perfect for now, you just have to change the "Country". While San Marino indeed is in Italy, it is a separate country, with a capital of the same name. (Like Luxembourg, for example.) So it is

(Oh, and "time off" usually is just there to let others know when you will be away for longer times, like days or weeks on end, you don't need to account for every hour of the day. wink.gif )

Now I'm curious to see what dragons you will choose to represent it !

Ah thanks! I don't do well in my.... Geography. I changed it, thanks!

I don't know which dragons.... Im staring at the list like a crazy person.

Edit: I'm thinking of gray, stone or vine, since the city is old and stone and overgrown.

Edited by Tiga

Lantean - about inactive cities - if I want a Stockholm egg, do I just grow two pillows and MAKE one ?

@Tiga:

That is a great idea for a choice, going for the age and appearance of the city in the breeds of dragons !

Though I like the Greys best of the three as a breed, I think the Vine or the Stone would be a little more fitting in this case.

The Vine is the oldest dragon of the three in DC (it was realeased in DC's 2nd month), and it is said to form its own clearing in the surrounding area - and San Marino is an enclave in the surrounding Italy. Plus, as you pointed out, quite green for a city.

The Stone - well, San Marino is chiefly dominated by a mountain called "Monte Titano" (!), and the city is protected by three famous, "impenetrable" stone towers, that even make the coat of arms. So it would be equally well placed.

But of course you could also take the Grey ! I love Greys, and I'm sure there's enough weather going on around such a mountain ! Or you keep staring and choose another breed entirely. wink.gif

@fuzzbucket:

Ah, sorry for not answering so far. As it is, I added the rule (in late December) that Inactive capitals can be chosen for representation like unclaimed capitals, just the breed of dragon has to be kept. So for you to get a Stockholm egg, someone would have to take the city as his first or second represented capital. Essentially, at the moment it is as impossible to get a Stockholm or Lisbon egg as it is to get one from Riga or Vilnius. sad.gif

@Tiga:

That is a great idea for a choice, going for the age and appearance of the city in the breeds of dragons !

Though I like the Greys best of the three as a breed, I think the Vine or the Stone would be a little more fitting in this case.

The Vine is the oldest dragon of the three in DC (it was realeased in DC's 2nd month), and it is said to form its own clearing in the surrounding area - and San Marino is an enclave in the surrounding Italy. Plus, as you pointed out, quite green for a city.

The Stone - well, San Marino is chiefly dominated by a mountain called "Monte Titano" (!), and the city is protected by three famous, "impenetrable" stone towers, that even make the coat of arms. So it would be equally well placed.

But of course you could also take the Grey ! I love Greys, and I'm sure there's enough weather going on around such a mountain ! Or you keep staring and choose another breed entirely. wink.gif

@fuzzbucket:

Ah, sorry for not answering so far. As it is, I added the rule (in late December) that Inactive capitals can be chosen for representation like unclaimed capitals, just the breed of dragon has to be kept. So for you to get a Stockholm egg, someone would have to take the city as his first or second represented capital. Essentially, at the moment it is as impossible to get a Stockholm or Lisbon egg as it is to get one from Riga or Vilnius. sad.gif

You, Lantern, just made my choice even harder. D:

Im just going to see my dragons if I have some CBs for all of them. And I am sure I do.

Im leaning towards Vines or Stones more than Grays, since they don't seem to match up to the city than the other two. I have a male Stone and a female Vine.

Crazy decision time: Vines! Since it seems that it is mostly green on the mountains, even though the stone was close.

Maybe the next CB vine I catch will be an alt! (In my dreams tongue.gif) So I should re-name my exsiting pair and see if a male will come along. smile.gif

Edit: I have a question bugging me. On the passport, it asks for a native 2nd gen. Is it one that I keep on my scroll?

Edited by Tiga

Welcome Tiga, I can´t wait to go on a trip to San Marino. biggrin.gif

I´ll keep my eyes open for a CB Vine egg for you. wink.gif

About the native 2nd gen. You´ll have to do a test breeding to see if the pair likes each other. You can keep that first egg, but you don´t have to. Or you keep an egg for yourself at a later time. smile.gif

Edited by Idril

@fuzzbucket:

So not OK to just breed a pair of pillows. OK.

When can we take THIRD cities then ??? xd.png

Welcome Tiga, I can´t wait to go on a trip to San Marino. biggrin.gif

I´ll keep my eyes open for a CB Vine egg for you. wink.gif

About the native 2nd gen. You´ll have to do a test breeding to see if the pair likes each other. You can keep that first egg, but you don´t have to. Or you keep an egg for yourself at a later time. smile.gif

Oh great! Basically it is a test run. If they don't then you have to catch another? Better like each other future male and female!

I just searched all available cities to see if one could use a stone pair. No luck. I'm probably going to start eyeing a second city in the near future.

Oh great! Basically it is a test run. If they don't then you have to catch another? Better like each other future male and female!

I just searched all available cities to see if one could use a stone pair. No luck. I'm probably going to start eyeing a second city in the near future.

You have to visit 10 cities to get yourself a second...

I'll watch for a vine too.

@ Tiga

Hi, Nice to see you in this thread! Vine dragon's green color is indeed matches with San Marino. Enjoy your visit through Europe! biggrin.gif

You have to visit 10 cities to get yourself a second...

I'll watch for a vine too.

Whelp. I'm gonna travel a lot then. ;P

Thanks. I'm probably heading to Paris first, just need to get a male...

Travelling Europe !

Travellers involved: Fuzzbucket, DragonNighthowler

Capitals travelled: Oslo, Madrid

Travelling Europe !

Travellers involved: quinney, Altiron

Capitals travelled: Valetta, Berlin

Now I need eggs from the two new cities, Bratislava and San Marino.

I got a Vine egg for you, Tiga. biggrin.gif

Hanks! I took it and influenced it male. Hopefully, it will be male. smile.gif

So, as there was nothing new today, I´ll stick with the Balloons. I updated my passport accordingly. smile.gif

The pair already produced an egg, which will go straight to Altiron.

I recommend to go from Vienna with the Twin City Liner catamaran down the Danube to Bratislava. There are a lot of interesting sights along the way, for example the ancient Roman legionary fortress and city Carnuntum. biggrin.gif

Travelling Europe !

Travellers involved: idril, Altiron

Capitals travelled: Bratislava

Don´t know yet, when I will keep an egg for myself...

And I hope my Vienna dragons will give me an egg again tonight after a long break. unsure.gif

Edited by Idril