padfoot

Halloween

I'm too old to dress up anymore, but I wanted to note I found a Haunted House candy making kit from Walmart and thought it was adorable so I bought it, lol. I haven't made a gingerbread house in a while either, but the "walls" are made of chocolate for this. Yum. tongue.gif

Haunted House with chocolate walls does sound good, purplenewt.

Do the kids in your area go trick or treating?

House to house?

Local mall?

parties if anything?

How old are the normal oldest trick or treaters in your area?

We just moved and I was wondering. Halloween is such a wonderful Holiday.

I keep having to walk by the Halloween candy every time I go to the grocery store and it's becoming very frustrating. I know I shouldn't eat that candy, but I really want to.

I actually recently moved myself, six months ago. I'm not sure where kids go trick or treating in my neighborhood. I also live near a mall, perhaps they go there?

I'll be going as an esteemed lady from the Victorian era. biggrin.gif Very exciting! I've got a dress picked out and, while some adjustments need to be made, it's just about perfect for what I have in mind. I've also got nice shoes that can be danced in--even the Cotton-Eye Joe--and plan on doing heavy makeup and accessories to complete the effect.

There's a school Halloween dance on October 30th, which I plan on attending, in addition to a party I'll be hosting on the 31st. Hopefully we'll be able to go trick-or-treating. If not, my friends and I will just have a party. It's a small gathering, with only four people attending (including myself), but I've always preferred the more intimate, closed parties.

I'll be going as the Joker, and a friend of mine will be going as the Penguin.

Sure we're grown men, but hell, it's the only time of the year to do this kinda thing.

Imma be the Grim Reaper >:) who says a 24 year old guy can't dress up and grab candy one night of the year?

I want it to be Halloween every day... I even spent three weeks making my own custom costume out of cardboard and duct tape! Had a badass black jacket that desperately needed to be part of a costume, so I guess I'm going as a fantasy warrior. I have a wicked pauldron on one shoulder and a sword as big as me made out of nothing but spikes and epicness. Probably not going to be trick-or-treating, though... our Halloween party is on the 31st.

...I also think my sister is scheming to get me to slow dance with one of the guys coming to the party. I need to whack her with my sword.

I'll admit I'm not as crafty as the rest of you. I just bought my costume. smile.gif

The sizing on those things is ridiculous though. I'm a little under five feet and an appropriate size for my height, which means finding clothes is always a little iffy. So when I got a "one-size fits all" costume, I was expecting it to be yet another cosmic sizing disaster and figured I'd just take up the hem and make creative use of belts, as I've done plenty of times. Imagine my shock when I try it on and it fits me perfectly. It's very flattering, actually. I'm not sure whether to be impressed at whatever clever sizing trick they used or concerned that they're marketing a small dress as one-size-fits-all. It's pretty tight even on me so I'm a little dubious. I mean, I'm going to wear it and enjoy it, but it's either a brilliant piece of tailoring or an example of how wildly out of whack our expectations of women's bodies are. I really doubt it would look good on someone who was a little heavier (but still perfectly healthy), as it definitely clings, or someone on the taller size, as it hits my leg above the knee. Perhaps I'm being unreasonable but to me "one size fits all" means a costume designed to look good on everyone, which is not this one. Anyone else a bit baffled by the sizing in the costume store? I will say this is a first. Normally even my small costumes are too big on me! (Once again, unreasonably short.)

I was a bubble tea last year, but this year I will be a bat (or trying to be). Way too old to go trick or treating, but I can delight myself by surprising kids at the door.

I'm going as Emma Swan from OUaT.

Just trick-or-treating with some friends, eating cinnamon rolls and having fun smile.gif

I am usually in New Orleans for Halloween but due to circumstances beyond my control I will not be there this year. My little dog will be very happy that he doesn't have to wear his peacock costume and parade up and down Bourbon Street where people like to "ooooh" and "aaaaah" over him.

Instead we will be giving kit-kat bars, little bags of pretzels and potato chips, and plastic spider rings to the trick or treaters and the adults accompanying them.

When I lived in New Jersey it was customary for the adults to carry shot glasses with them and for people giving out the treats to fill them up, but this neighborhood is too tame (boring) for that.

tongue.gif

I hope everyone has a Happy Halloween.

I'm not planning on dressing up for Halloween, but I love the atmosphere of the season and all the fall- and creepy-themed stuff. I also use it as an excuse to wear my cloak everywhere.

I'll probably raid the store the day after Halloween to see what discounts I can find on decorations and candy.

I'll probably raid the store the day after Halloween to see what discounts I can find on decorations and candy.

Same here.

I think I was supposed to be born on hallowe'en. I was 7 days late. I was born November 6. Damn me and my procrastination! It is my favourite time of year. I don't do much for it, but it is my favourite holiday. My anniversary is November 1st. Which is All Hallows day... Still great time of year, great memories <3 Unfortunately I work hallowe'en.

I am going to my best friends house for an all night horror movie! I can't wait! If I'm still awake at midnight, I might be able to snag some of the new release biggrin.gif

Halloween isn't much of a thing where I live. My school celebrates it but I seldom participate.

DC Halloween is probably one of the only ways I'm exposed to the holiday. tongue.gif

I might buy a pumpkin pie and some whip cream to go with it on the 31st though, haven't eaten a proper one for nearly 10 years now.

Meow! I ish a cat for halloween! Next year, I might be an Endergirl (That is my skin) or a awesome looking something or other. biggrin.gif

I'm going to dress up as Minnie Mouse for work, where we have a costume contest. And later I'll pass out goodies to the trick-or-treaters.

I was going to a Halloween party with my friend tomorrow but she just called to tell me she has an ear infection and will have to go to the doctor's office instead. We are both disappointed. sad.gif

I ended up not volunteering for our school's halloween social 0w0 so, I guess, not much celebration this year!

The people here don't have the habit of giving out candy or even celebrating halloween, so I really wish I could go back to Canada sad.gif