padfoot

Halloween

This (obviously) is a place to chat about the up coming October holiday. Talk about plans, costume ideas, ask advise, discuss parties, decoration and costume bragging and anything else you care to chatter about.

I found a really cute dragon costume in a magazine my mom showed me, hopefully I can get that for my costume ^^

Most likely gonna get paid 20$ by a friend to do the hand-in-candy-bowl thing (Like every year). :\

I got tickets to Knotts Halloween Haunt, we're going on Oct 31st this year!! Elvira is going to perform this year too!!

i'm planning on spending the night with one of my friends. i'm really excited!!

we're both being zombies this year, mostly because we're too lazy to actually buy or make a costume. we're thinking of having a 2spooky movie night, too

I haven't really decided if I'm going to be anything, but my sister wants me to help her with her costume, so I get to take one of her dresses and destroy it and do her make up.

And there's this recipe I want to try for shattered glass cupcakes, so I'm looking to do that, halloween has got to be my favorite time of the year.

I want to scare people this year, looked on Youtube for some ideas. xd.png

Gonna get a scare crow or Grim Reaper costume and then either hide in a corner or pretend to be fake it's gonna be great.

On Halloween, I think I'll be helping at a campus fair for kids from the town. Then I'll go back to the dorm for the DC release. No trick-or-treating for me, and I probably won't get into costume for the fair. I considering working with a cosplayer in my dorm to make something, but I don't see it happening.

Yep, I'm boring. xd.png

I'd like to roam around in costume, but I don't have anything ready/in the making/an idea of what I'd want to be. I refuse to miss Scream Fortress for the third year in a row. Sooo, I'm probably just going to sit in front of a computer for Scream Fortress, scary games (awww yeah), and of course the DC Halloween event. :3

Aw yes, I was hoping someone would make this thread. cool.gif

I love Halloween! I won't be going as anything, but I am looking forward to discount bat decorations the day after, cocoa, television specials, cooking goofy recipes, and being able to chew on my family's head without getting told to knock that crap off.

Aah, Halloween... the one time of year it's socially acceptable to stick werewolves, mummies, and severed heads on your lawn and hang ghosts and penanggalans on your tree branches. What a world! If only that were the case every day.

Edited by Zovesta

I love halloween! It's my second favorite holiday but I don't think I'm gonna be dressing up/trick or treating this year because last time I went trick or treating it was extremely uncomfortable for me (really drunk people acting nuts, creepy people overstepping the creepy-halloween-boundary and being just plan creeps, etc.) And I'd love to dress up but since I'm too nervous to go trick or treating I feel like it'd be a waste of money since I have no friends or anything so I'd just sit at home unu

Edited by Switch

Absolutely nothing. My parents told me I'm

Too old for Halloween

The worst part is that Halloween is my favourite holiday ;_____;

I will be at the Nekocon hotel on the day of doing nerdy things. Kinda lame thats how way the con fell, but oh well. A few of my friends have birthdays around then so there might be a combo party the weekend before or after

Absolutely nothing. My parents told me I'm .

To old for Halloween

The worst part is that Halloween is my favourite holiday ;_____;

Untrue. I'm guessing that you are to old to Trick or Treat but to young for college? Just wait. Young Adult Halloween is awesome.

Edited by rumor33

I wish my country would properly celebrate Halloween. Regardless, I might go outside in a costume - either as a character of mine, or Kalma from the band Lordi. Though my crazy friend will be away that day (curse you, school in another town)... I've always dressed up with him, and my other best friend isn't as much of a weirdo. sad.gif Oh well, we may perhaps do something the following weekend.

I'll probably wear something Halloweeny to school too, though I'm not sure how different I can get from my everyday wear. The regular clothes already include a long black coat, knee-high boots with spikes, and stuff. Suppose I can always throw a bit of orange and a few more skulls into the mix. xd.png

I love the influx of cheap Halloween decorations at this nearby store. I like to buy them and have them up all year... *looks lovingly at her bat stickers on the window*

I love the influx of cheap Halloween decorations at this nearby store. I like to buy them and have them up all year... *looks lovingly at her bat stickers on the window*

A woman after my own heart. ='D My part of the room is completely decorated with Halloween stuff haha. >_>

I'd give candy out to kids if I didn't live out in the country! The little runts won't be making a six mile trip out to my house for some Twizzlers, I can guarantee that. And if they do... bless 'em, they're dedicated.

Halloween is awesome, This year, I am going to be a Lolita Goth, and go trick-or-treating with my little sister (I will never be too old to go Trick-or-Treating, I always have an excuse to go)

I love Halloween, but my parents have officially declared me "too old for trick-or-treating" about 3 or so years ago. >.> We haven't really done anything for Halloween for years. We used to decorate the entire house and make a haunted house for kids to come see (because we have a billion decorations 'n stuff). I miss it. Though Halloween is still one of my favourite holidays. I want to unpack my poseable/fuzzy spider and put it in my room...

I don't even need to trick-or-treat. I just like walking around in costume and creeping people out. You'd be surprised by the number of people that get creeped out by seeing No-Face walking down the street.

A better idea, would be to dress up as Michael Myers, and walk slowly and stiffly, not responding to anyone, down the streets. lol...

I have been too old for Halloween for a few years now but since I live on campus and don't really care what people think, I walk around campus in costume anyway smile.gif

A friend of mine is doing a duo costume for various costumes contests on campus. I'm a satyr and she is a faun. We are gentle forest folk.

Pictures will be posted soon.

how do you people feel about trick or treaters with no costume?