padfoot

Halloween

i am so excited for halloween oh my gosh

fall is my favorite season, though we don't get much 'fall' in florida; it's a very short buffer between summer and winter, so every day is either cold morning/hot evening, or vice versa, with not much in between. but october is probably my favorite month because it's the nicest weather, i think, and the closest we get to a real fall.

and halloween! is! my! absolute favorite! holiday!

(can't you tell how excited i am?)

i'm going to be celebrating october by rewatching all the scary movies i've ever seen, from the classics like Psycho to the original Halloween (although i honestly thought that movie was terrible) to The Shining to the more sci-fi thrillers like Alien and then some of my favorites like Poltergeist all the way up to more recent ones, like Insidious (which was just a really bad failure of a movie, but hey, it's halloween, and i'm already committed to this scary-movie marathon)

and on halloween i'll probably just gorge myself on candy and hand out whatever's left to the kids. i might wear a sad excuse for a costume. would want to go as something from doctor who but don't feel like spending money on it. i dunno yet.

Never too old for Halloween. I'm 48, I go to haunted houses, or halloween parties, love to wear costumes, and I always buy a big bowl of candy to put on my table for nibbles throughout the month. I decorate my windows and door, bring out the paper ghosts to hang on my ceiling fan, and make cookies, pumpkin breads, pies, and roast seed for snacking.

And yes, if I am going to be home on Halloween night, I carve pumpkins, and dress up for passing out candy. Sometimes, I'll do it as a witch, on my porch, with spooky music, and a cauldron full of water and dry ice. lol....

Too old? Bullpucky.

Edited by Riverwillows

I have never tryed roasted pumpkin seeds, are they that good?...

I had my first slow dance with my (at that time future) husband at a local sci-fi club's Halloween social, and it was truly magical moment. smile.gif To this day we view Halloween as one of our anniversaries, although living on the third floor of an apartment block as we do, we don't do anything really in terms of handing out goodies to kids and so forth.

I have never tryed roasted pumpkin seeds, are they that good?...

They are delicious. wub.gif

They are delicious. wub.gif

I'll give them a try,thanks too oc they will be about the only thing I'll have money for...

Edited by Darien

I will be spending my halloween at home...

That makes two of us. But hey, there's always at least online events to participate in.

Never too old for Halloween.

Too old? Bullpucky.

Darn straight! I'm 36, and with any luck, I'll be able to bribe my coworkers into wearing costumes (I don't want to be the only one). Then, since I live in the country and don't get Trick-or Treaters, I'll be heading to my sister's house in town to help hand out candy. Whether or not I wear a costume to work, I'll definitely be wearing one later.

I'd like to roam around in costume, but I don't have anything ready/in the making/an idea of what I'd want to be. I refuse to miss Scream Fortress for the third year in a row. Sooo, I'm probably just going to sit in front of a computer for Scream Fortress, scary games (awww yeah), and of course the DC Halloween event. :3

Ooo, yeah, almost forgot about Scream Fortress. tongue.gif

I'd like to roam around in costume, but I don't have anything ready/in the making/an idea of what I'd want to be. I refuse to miss Scream Fortress for the third year in a row. Sooo, I'm probably just going to sit in front of a computer for Scream Fortress, scary games (awww yeah), and of course the DC Halloween event. :3

I am so excited for Scream Fortress *vibrates*

I also started off my Halloween season by playing and beating Yume Nikki, a RPGMaker horror game. I loved it so much!

Has anyone else played it?

I am so glad I have all of this month to plan for Halloween. I love it, and the last couple years I've been trying to do cool scary costumes, because I also love scaring people. Last year I did a cenobite (...I think that came out wrong...) and I think I'm doing one again this year, but I want to change it up. Last year's was sort-of like the Chatterer (I had my mouth stretched open with chains and bent up paper clips-freaked the crap out of pretty much everyone who saw me), but with unzipped zippers under my eyes. This year I'm doing an eyeless prosthetic, but I can't decide whether I want a stitched up mouth or the stretched-open-fishhooked look I went for last year. I know I'm doing the flayed-open throat and chest again, if I can get some liquid latex. I had trouble with my dermawax drying up and falling off last Halloween, and I don't want it to happen again.

Edited by LascielsShadow

That makes two of us. But hey, there's always at least online events to participate in.

Let's make it a Dragon Cave Halloween biggrin.gif We could start an RP or something for those of us who won't be out

I sadly have class on Halloween T~T but maybe my teacher will be generous and let us out early..doubt he'd cancel class lol.

Otherwise I would have liked to wear the werewolf I'm planning on making, or recently I played with the thought of making old school Pyramid Head from Silent Hill. We shall see XD Either way I hope I get the All the chocolate x]

Let's make it a Dragon Cave Halloween biggrin.gif We could start an RP or something for those of us who won't be out

There will already be a Dragon Cave event or two. We will have a special one time Holiday Dragon, plus a game or two, and/or a special event going on.

There is one every year.

I don't dress up for Halloween anymore... I can never find the "right" costume!!

I had that problem for a while too. I'd usually just throw on black clothes and heavy makeup and say I was a witch. I've actually got a costume for this year. Hannibal Lecter, but a bit more cyber-punky, with a pink mask, and a leather skirt and corset. And I found a place that makes lollipops in the shape of body parts.

I'm having a masquerade themed costume collab with my bestest friend, then I think she'll spend the night at my house or something.

I hope I get to watch some scary movies that night too. happy.gif

Halloween is a work day, and I work the evening shift, so I can't go to a party. But some of us dress up, though the costumes can't be too scary, since I work in a hospital, and the patients wouldn't appreciate any kind of Death theme, like the Grim Reaper.

I usually dress in something that can easily be changed into normal work wear after a while. Last year I was Black Widow from The Avengers movie. :-)

I am now 67, but I must say that the best ever Halloween Trick-or-Treat I ever had was when I was 12 (1958). My little sister was 3 and we lived in west Long Beach, California. We used pillow cases for or treat bags.

We started out while it was still light out and when our bags got about half full, we'd work our way home and empty them and set out again. I don't know how many times we emptied the bags. Finally, most of the lights in the houses were out and heading home we saw a porch light on so we went up and rang the bell. Yelling "Trick or Treat". An elderly couple answered the door and explained that they had given out all their treats. They invited us in and we went in and sat down while they found apples, pennies and a coke of each of us. It was safe to do that back then.

They then asked where we lived and when I told them they offered us a ride home. I thanked them and said that it was only a mile and even though it was 1AM in the morning, we'd be ok. We got home and went to bed. Even with all of the goodies we had eaten while walking around, we went right to sleep. The next day we sorted it all out into separate jars of bubble gum, stick candy, lollipops, candy bars, etc. I swear to you that we had candy that lasted for the next 6 months. We got a piece or two a day, each of us, not counting what the parents stole, lol.

My sister was a Princess and I was dressed up in an old skirt and blouse of mom's with make-up and scarf and supposed to be a gypsy girl... That was when Trick or Treating was fun. The last three years I have had a total of about 15 kids total for the three years. I only had 4 kids in one group last year and a bowl FULL of candy. I took the candy to our local DMV where I know the people and gave it to them.

I don't dress up for Halloween anymore... I can never find the "right" costume!!

I have a costume that I think you would look great in... biggrin.giflaugh.gif

I can't believe I didn't even touch my last year candy...Mainly there are all the good stuff my mom won't buy for me, like Air Heads, Fun Dip, and Cheetos. 0.o

And I have to wear a costume, apparently, because the school I go to basically forces you to.

And I have to wear a costume, apparently, because the school I go to basically forces you to.

My old school used too try and make me do that too, but I never played along with them, I alway knew how too get out of it... laugh.gif

Wearing this old "spiderweb sorceress" costume again for the third year because it still fits, I'll get a new costume for next year.

My school's having a halloween party on the 25th, and yes, I am going trick-or-treating with my best friends, because I love candy and we may run into my crush cuz he lives near my friend >///<

I have a Starfleet uniform like the ones used in Star Trek ll, I'v been thinking about getting it out for this year...