padfoot

Halloween

My avatar shows my costume.

I don't know what my Halloween plans are this year, aside from league bowling on Halloween night. May go downtown Iowa City and hang out on the ped mall with all the other costumed characters, although it'll likely be rather cold this year. I may just bowl and head back home.

Since starting college I can no longer go Trick of Treating. 2 years ago, which was my last year of being able to do that, I went alone - decided not to have my dad go with me any longer (previous years he went with me). It was utterly dreadful and lonely. I never get invited to parties, so partying is out of the question. My little brother used to go with me till he decided to go to other neighborhoods. Because he has friends. I don't. Not that there were a lot of kids my age in my neighborhood...but yeah..now this year I won't be doing anything unless there's some Halloween-like event I could go to on campus...

On Trick or Treating, I don't think you are ever too old. I went when I was 17, after all and still wish I could go.

I have all my evening classes on Thursdays :c AND I left my Satori cosplay at home D:

So what I think I'll do is wear my lab coat and a polo, lab goggles on my head, carry a plastic beaker, and say I'm a mad scientist. And just... go to class |D

My avatar shows my costume. 

I don't know what my Halloween plans are this year, aside from league bowling on Halloween night.  May go downtown Iowa City and hang out on the ped mall with all the other costumed characters, although it'll likely be rather cold this year.  I may just bowl and head back home.

WICKED COOL COSTUME BROSKI. *fifteen mega thumbs up*

Iowa City?? That's only a few hours away from me. =D Also wicked cool!

For the record, I'm going as the mummy guy in my signature. Going where? Absolutely nowhere. I'm just gonna sit at home and watch old horror classics like The Wolf Man, The Mummy's Hand, Dracula, The Mummy, The Mummy's Curse, The Phantom of the Opera (it totally counts), Pharaoh's Curse, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde, The Amazing Transparent Man, and Curse of the Swamp Creature. We celebrate holidays for about two-five days in my family, so by the start of November, I'll probably be seeing in black and white. =|

I'm going to YoumaCon! <3 (You'll see me as Kokoa from Rosario Vampire and Ichigo from Tokyo Mew Mew.) But I'm going the day after Halloween. On Halloween day, I'm dressing up as a Black Wolf.

I procrastinated on my costume, so I'm just gonna paint a box blue, poke some eye/air holes in it, and glue some googly eyes and strips of paper on and say I'm a Minecraft Squid.

The problem is, we don't have any suitable boxes, so we're gonna have to go out to get one.

My college cafe is having a pumpkin carving contest and I finished mine on LSD

user posted image Not sure if I'm going to win.

OMGERD PAD!!!! Long time no see smile.gif Your bound to win. I cant carve a pumpkin as good as that I only do the origanal pumpkin

I can't wait its almost here! I get to walk around this town with my costume. LOL! A lot of people are dressed up. Its fun to look at all the different costumes.

My Not-Halloween-Here-But-Halloween-Elsewhere has been going pretty well so far. :3

Caught 7 new eggs, got a zombie on the last revive attempt, been playing some Scream Fortress, eating some candy...

I've decided I'm going to wear my orange Aperture Science hat to class tomorrow, because it's the only orange piece of clothing I have. I do still have my orange Charizard shirt from like...fourteen years ago. It does NOT fit me anymore. Also wearing my purple jacket and a black t-shirt. On the down side, though, I'm stuck going to dinner...so I won't actually be doing anything on Halloween night. :/

Halloween is not a tradition here, and some people got a bit sour when it was popularized a few years ago because it falls on the same time of the year as another much more somber holiday that's all about remembering the dead, lighting candles and decorating their graves and so on.

I love halloween, but sadly it has had a significant decrease in popularity in later years sad.gif

But screw that! I'll eat candy, and darnit it's the only time of the year when it's socially acceptable to scare the living daylights out of the neighbours' brats - and there's no way in heck I'm missing that!

I was going to go to some Halloween party but I'm too lazy to dress up this year. I'm going to see a play instead.

Halloween seems to be gaining popularity here, when I was a kid nobody seemed to go trick-or-treating, and the only place that had decorations up was the local dojang which had an American instructor. It might just be that Sydney has a lot more cultures, or it could be the tradition or holiday is becoming recognised here. Still won't catch me dressing up or going to parties though, haha.

We've had a bunch of kids trick-or-treat so far, though it's slowed right down now that it's 8pm. I'm honestly surprised everyone of them is polite and well mannered, with a couple of the kids only taking one treat when permitted to have more. smile.gif

Considering the fact that I live in a country where Halloween isn't celebrated, I won't be doing anything this year.

I love halloween, but sadly it has had a significant decrease in popularity in later years sad.gif

But screw that! I'll eat candy, and darnit it's the only time of the year when it's socially acceptable to scare the living daylights out of the neighbours' brats - and there's no way in heck I'm missing that!

lol, I know right? I love scaring people. Between today and April Fool's day it's the greatest time of year for jokes and pranks. xd.png

I have a question, how old is Halloween? I know different places call it different things, but how long has it been around? Couple hundred years? Couple thousand? unsure.gif

Go Pad. That's awesome! =D

My college cafe is having a pumpkin carving contest and I finished mine                on LSD

OMG That's amazing! I've never craved a pumpkin before but that looks really hard happy.gif

Edited by mipuppy1

I have a question, how old is Halloween? I know different places call it different things, but how long has it been around? Couple hundred years? Couple thousand?  unsure.gif

Halloween, under that name, dates back to the mid 18th century. There is some debate about whether that was the start of Halloween or whether it evolved from the Gaelic harvest festival of Samhain, which dates back to the 10th century. So, it's at least 250 years old, possibly a bit over a thousand years old.

Edited by IvoryDragon432

I didn't go trick-or-treating (like usual), but helped give popcorn away to the others. It would've been better had it not been raining.