padfoot

Halloween

I'm going to be in the Dominican Republic volunteering on a spay and neuter campaign. Apparently, they don't celebrate Halloween down there, but the project coordinator has introduced it to the locals by hosting a party each October 31st. We've all been asked to bring costumes and decorations along with the assorted medical supplies.

Halloween is more fun than any other holiday. My daughter loves to decorate our home - inside and out. I don't normally dress up anynore. But sometimes I do. I am normally the designated hander out of treats.

I read the Husky51 comment and wondered if I was out there that year for Halloween. Dad was navy and I spent Halloween of second and third grade in California. We were still in the DC area for first grade.

All of my friends seemed to roam the area and get at least one grocery sack full of candy through 1965. I never did as we were severely restricted to which houses we could go to and followed the rules. My last year, I went from a friend's house and spent the night with her and she got 3/4 of a bagand I got a half. Don't be greedy leave some for the next group of revelers was our watchword. I never stayed out til one am or handed out candy past 11 pm.

LegendOfKorraFan 

Posted: Oct 1 2013, 12:29 AM

Absolutely nothing. My parents told me I'm

Too old for Halloween

The worst part is that Halloween is my favourite holiday ;_____; 

Get your fun at home making and putting up decorations. Figure out a costume and how to make it. Just remember that Halloween is on Thursday this year and Friday is a school or work day for most people. Make sure your make-up will come off prior to heading out the door on All Saint's Day.

If you carve a pumkin into a jack o lantern, save and clean the guts off the seeds and get a recipe from online and roast the cleaned seeds. They are delicious indeed. Maybe your parents would let you have friends or a friend over to celebrate with. Does your church or school have a get together? Sometimes neighborhoods do for older kids. Look around and see what is happeneing and find out if you can go. Libraries are another spot that frequently hold holiday get togethers.

Fellow DC ers I know we often have a haunted house this or that play on the cave, does this site have actual geared to Halloween games or RP's? I never thought to check in the past.

mostly finished my costume for various parties and contests I will be in for the next few months

I would post a link to the picture but if you click on my props and replica link in my sig I have a pic up of my friend and I

The Halloween party for my theatre group is on the 25th. That means I get to wear my furry pants to a party smile.gif

I don't really do anything for Halloween and haven't for years. I tried giving out candy one year, but no one came to our house, so I just ate the candy with my sister.

Anyways, I just buy a bag of candy and eat it instead of going trick or treating. Saves time of having to check all of that candy and I get what I actually like. As for this year, I may buy a bag of candy after Halloween when all the candy goes on sell. biggrin.gif

Here's to hoping my Internet will be working well for Halloween!!! *crosses fingers* it'll be my first on on DC. ^^ I usually don't do much for Halloween - or else I am working usually, haha.

Halloween isn't a big thing here, although parties get more frequent. Anyway, it'll be on Thursday night during the busiest part of the semester at the uni (7:30am - 6pm shifts for a month due to monitoring practical classes), so my plans for then are to come home from work, eat dinner, poke the internet and go to bed. ;p

Edited by lightbird

I don't go trick or treating. I go with my family to this town where everybody is dressed up in their costumes. And do some showing off. LOL Its fun doing that. Going to the restaurant dressed up in your costume.

I don't really do anything big for this holiday even though it's my favorite. Usually I'll watch Nightmare Before X-mas and a few Halloween-themed episodes of some of my favorite shows and call it a night. Of course that includes, "It's the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!"

The year before last I went trick-or-treating with my Niece and Nephew. That was fun. She was a Vampire Princess, he was Bumblebee, and I was a jester. The kids kept calling me Quackerjack, and the outfit did kinda look like his. laugh.gif

(Quackerjack is one of the villains from an old Disney cartoon called Darkwing Duck.)

Absurdly excited for Halloween, it's pretty much my favorite holiday xd.png

I'm still not sure what I'm dressing up as yet-- current possibilities are: Marceline the Vampire Queen, Wednesday Addams, Robb Stark post-Red Wedding (... no, really), Lady of the Night Watch... or if all else fails, Hooded Figure from the Dog Park.

And as it looks so far, I am most definitely at least helping chaperone my brothers for trick-or-treating... and I might bring a bag because hey, candy's candy (and I am not currently in a situation where 'oh well go buy your own'/go to college/adult parties is possibility *the woes of being in the middle of immigration*... and it's actually hard to have any personal treats, Halloween has always been the time of year where everyone gets their own little stash xd.png). My family has always been in the mindset of 'it's Halloween, if someone's in a costume then candy is fair game'... and thankfully, most of the places I've lived have been that way too.

Even then, it's just fun to dress up as something cool, go out for a walk at night and not have to worry about feeling too weird xd.png

I really dislike Halloween, at least here.

Up until a few years ago, it wasn't a holiday here in Germany at all, so we don't have traditions of cool costumes, decorations and candy - here it is just a new excuse to get very drunk and behave badly.

Absurdly excited for Halloween, it's pretty much my favorite holiday xd.png

I'm still not sure what I'm dressing up as yet-- current possibilities are: Marceline the Vampire Queen, Wednesday Addams, Robb Stark post-Red Wedding (... no, really), Lady of the Night Watch... or if all else fails, Hooded Figure from the Dog Park.

And as it looks so far, I am most definitely at least helping chaperone my brothers for trick-or-treating... and I might bring a bag because hey, candy's candy (and I am not currently in a situation where 'oh well go buy your own'/go to college/adult parties is possibility *the woes of being in the middle of immigration*... and it's actually hard to have any personal treats, Halloween has always been the time of year where everyone gets their own little stash xd.png). My family has always been in the mindset of 'it's Halloween, if someone's in a costume then candy is fair game'... and thankfully, most of the places I've lived have been that way too.

Even then, it's just fun to dress up as something cool, go out for a walk at night and not have to worry about feeling too weird xd.png

I think you should go with Wednesday Addams wink.gif

I don't do much usually, but this year I'm trying to sew an Altair costume (Assassin's Creed). Hopefully it'll turn out OK. Oh yeah, and don't forget mass zombie production!

I'm going as the Joker.

Apparently my friend figured I have the face and hair for that.

Just a little over a week to go until the best holiday in the world and already the thread is on page 4! Blasphemy! Go go go, anyone making Halloween treats?

I'm going to do the old, skull mask, biker jacket, jeans, and light my mask on fire. (I learned that if you apply a certain substance to a rubber mask it makes it inflammable..)

Depending on how long work keeps me, I'm not sure what I'm going to do. It's frustrating when some places stay open on holidays. I certainly don't go out anywhere except for parties.

Halloween's fairly well known here, but in my town pratically no-one celebrates it.. sad.gif For a start, it's about two weeks before end-of-year exams so everyone's busy studying. The times I went trick-or-treating here were disappointing, no-one welcomes you or gives out lollies.

Having said that, where I lived when I was little was fantastic for trick-or-treating, and two years ago I trick-or-treated at my friend's place in the wops. I was a vampire, her two little sisters were dressed up as well - one as a princess, one as a cowboy. The best part? They owned horses, so the two little sisters took turns riding a whote pony through the neighbourhood. biggrin.gif

I want to scare people this year, looked on Youtube for some ideas. xd.png

Gonna get a scare crow or Grim Reaper costume and then either hide in a corner or pretend to be fake it's gonna be great.

OMG Im Grim this year too smile.gif Ill take a pic tomorrow in school as we are having a costume comp, My eyes on it fade in and out smile.gif

Does your neighborhood allow trick or treating?

Mine does, though all of the kids have grown up and moved out. When I was little, there was a LOT of activity but now it's just adults and maybe one or two trick or treaters since down the street is a neighbor that fosters children. If I want to do anything like trick or treat, I'd have to visit a different neighborhood.

So what is your costume for Halloween Trick-or-Treating?

I have a dragon head for a costume GX