Totts

Hogwarts!

[Pure Bloods I suspect would be more used to the costs - though Selene as a Muggle born will be completely confused...]

--- Morgana ----

It looked like a cat had attached itself to Samuel, Morgana noticed as she was browsing among the pets.

One of the smaller owls seemed to have more curiosity than the rest and crept forward while Morgana was looking away. It stuck its head between the bars - ignoring the rest and studied Morgana from its new closer position.

When Morgana turned back, she was slightly startled by how close the owl had got. Though the sight of its head being stuck through bars was simultaneously funny and worrying. Surely it shouldn't have been able to do that...

Morgana carefully moved her hand closer to the owl - it didn't shrink back or try to attack it. The eyes just seemed to examine the hand - as if trying to memorise or identify the approaching extremity. When her hand stopped, the owl tilted its head to one side and then the other trying to see as many angles as it could.

"You really are an inquisitive creature, aren't you?" Morgana asked the owl, laughing as it bobbed its head as if in agreement and blinked at her. She turned to the shop keeper:

"How much for this little owl?" Morgana asked. ((The owl is similar to the first pic in the link - except younger/smaller and the 'frowny' face and chin markings haven't yet developed))

"It's a She, sometimes part kneazels disguise themselves as males to avoid other females fighting them, It hasn't got a name but you could name it" Explained the shopkeeper.

((I hadn't intended for the kitten to be half kneazle...))

"I... Um... What?" He had read about dangerous creatures before and no part of his books said kneazle could do anything like that. Especially not when breed with normal cats. Things like that wouldn't be possible when the cat DNA mixed with the kneazle. "Well, it doesn't matter." He finally said as he held at the galleon. "Can I buy him?" He asked, urging the shopkeeper to just take his money.

((Name: Alia Ritrad

Magical Blood Type: Muggle-Born

Personality: Although she is nervous about going to Hogwarts, she is generally a confident girl. She's not particularly afraid about saying what she thinks. Alia can sometimes be a bit of a, 'madam,' in situations where she wants her own way. When it comes to her magic, though, she is quite different from her outgoing self...

Appearance: She is short at 4,10" but is expected to grow to at least 5,5" by the time she has finished growing. She has navy blue eyes and straight brown hair to her mid-back. She is slender and pale. Here, but younger.

Family life at home: Her mother has accepted the shock easily, and is very pleased for her. Her father is unsure of whether it is all a joke, but he is secretly intrigued and glad. They are well-off in terms of money, but her parents' relationship can be quite rocky.

Family and personality: Both parents are glad, but her father is less eager to show it.

Desired House: Gryffindor

Other: 

Wand

Wood - Acacia

Core - Phoenix Feather

Unyielding

I'm on my iPod right now, which is quite difficult to trawl through pictures on. May I begin RPing if everything else is alright, and edit in tomorrow?))

Edited by Chicogal

(( It's not kneazal, the shopkeeper just wants to mess with a first years head a bit, lol))

"Sure" Said the shopkeeper as he took his money, "Have a nice day!" replied the shopkeeper as Sam left

(( Yesh der chearacter is the accepting ting innit * Idiot Language Detected, Translating* Yes, I am joyful to inform you that your character is of the highest standard and is allowed into this prestigous Roleplaying adventure.))

Samuel nodded and raised the cat so it was holding onto his shoulder instead. Deciding it wasn't at all content with this, the kitten moved so it was standing on top of his head instead. Alright, that worked. He turned to Morgana as she asked at an owl and smiled slightly. "I guess I've ended up with a pet after all."

((Why thank you, sir tongue.gif))

Alia was standing on the steps of Gringotts, eyes bright and mouth hanging open slightly.

She couldn't believe it.

One moment it was a Saturday morning, and she was complaining about having to get the post from the front door (it had been rather comfy on the couch). The next, she was trembling, with a letter written on thick parchment in her hands. She was a witch, and it was no practical joke. This alleyway was proof of that.

She glanced down at the very heavy purse in her hand. She'd taken in a good many pounds to exchange - more than enough for her school supplies. But she had to have some money for the rest of the year as well, and this was it. Two hundred Galleons a goblin exchange later. Her navy eyes went to the parchment in her other hands again. Her wand was the part that stuck out to her.

Deciding to do that first, the eleven year-old picked up her currently-light luggage and set off to the wand shop. "Ollivander's," she whispered to herself. Then, she entered, the tinkling of a bell disturbing the silent of the store. There was no-one at the counter. Going up to it and putting down her suitcase, she ringed the service bell. A couple of moments later, a man with silvery eyes and a slightly wrinkled face, came to the counter.

"Good morning," he greeted her, his state unnerving. "First year, coming for a wand? What is your name?" "Alia. Alia Ritrad." "Ah - and what is your wand hand?" She paused for a moment. "I'm left handed..." He seemed to pause for a moment before nodding. Turning around, he began to rummage through the boxes upon boxes of wands. He came out with one and opened it. Within was a shiny, light-coloured wood. She quite liked to the look of it, and took it from him.

With the first experimental wave, a couple of boxes flew off the shelf; it was subsequently snatched out of her hand. "No, no..." The next was an attractive deep brown wood, with hints of red among the sheen. She held it and flicked. The box flew up and hit Mr Ollivander in the face. That one was taken back, too.

He just seemed more and more interested as she went past another two. "We'll find you one, no worries... Now this one..." He blew the dust off a box he had found right at the back. He didn't hold many of these in stock; the wood was usually quite unresponsive, and difficult to get hold of as it grew in Africa. This was one of his few fro those with left hands.

Alia looked down at the unassuming wand presented to her. It wasn't very attractive. The wood was a musty sort of brown, although polished to a simple shine. It tapered toward a flat end, and it was slightly knobbly around the edges. The handle was comfortable as she took it, though - and an amazing warmth spread to the tips of her toes as she took it. Giving it a flick, a simple silver sheen appeared at the end of it before disappearing. The girl looked at the man, who smiled and nodded. He seemed quite pleased with himself.

"Acacia wood. From Africa - quite difficult to get hold of, and it does not chose a witch or wizard easily. I do not stock a lot of them. It has a Phoenix feather core - alsk difficult. You'll have to work hard to gain its loyalty, but it will never sway from your allegiance," he said. "Thirteen inches, unyielding. That'll be fifteen Galleons," he said, nodding.

Alia handed over the money and thanked him, before looking over the rather unimpressive wand once more. But it had chosen her, and that made it feel so special. Quite happy, she walked out with a lighter purse, and paused on the street. Maybe she'd get an owl...

((Hope it's alright. And on that note, goodnight.))

[hmmm Alia may have seen Selene near the wand shop, since Selene was there in my last post...]

----Morgana ---

"Looks like you have." She replied glancing at the kitten on his head, letting the owl out so the shopkeeper would know which one she was asking about. The owl looked around, spotted the kitten and decided to mimic it - by perching on Morgana's head.

"It seems I have an owl on my head." Morgana observed, though she had no idea that the owl was trying to look like a cat while there.

Startled by the shopkeeper, Bella jumped behind Zoey, just barely peeking over the other girl's shoulder until she was certain that she was clear. "Oh, I was just... looking for material on animguses, like how to become one, and whatnot..." She said, barely whispering out the words.

Zoey looked at Bella who jumped behind her. "Don't be shy," she said, smiling at Bella, beofre moving foward to find her books.

"We are very sorry, but this rp seems inactive, I, merlina recandi shall cast a spell to bring it to the top of the page" Wingarduim levibumpa!

Zoey looked around, picking up her first year books. She sighed. If she got accepted ino Ravenclaw, then her days of goofing off would be done for.

Zoey was gone, and shuffling up to the desk, nervous, Bella tried to squeak out her question again. "I was just... looking for material on animguses, like how to become one, and whatnot... Do you have anything like that?" She asked again, hoping he would say anything about being too young. If she tried hard enough, she could do anything. Anything, if you had enough nerve. That was why she was asking for books, that was why she was looking at Gryffindor. She wanted to have the nerve to do anything.

Zoey glanced over at Bella before noticing an animguse book. She grinned and picked up a book. Since Bella was so shy, she was going to buy the animguse book. She gathered a few other books before going back ove to the counter o buy them.

"Ho Ho Ho! these must be some bright sparks, with rich parents too, you can buy them, but they're costly 40 galleons for one, but if you are in the 5th or 6th year, it's only 15 galleons, and I highly doubt you have the skill at 11 to do this {Bookkeeper becomes a small moth and quickly transforms back} Now, I only managed to learn this skill at 25, but if you really want this book, I'm fine to sell it, Let me know how you get on."

((Okay right, From this point on there will be a money system, I'll be keeping tabs on all money, you each have 500 Galleons, so on the first page I'll write down everyone's balances.))

[Morgana has already spent on robes, wand and books. So that needs deduction.

Selene is Muggle-born so her account wouldn't necessarily be up and running yet.]

Samuel tried to avoid looking up at the two since it would mean the kitten would lose its perch and fall off. The cat regarded the bird quietly, head cocked to the side. Then its gaze was diverted elsewhere as an escaped toad hopped past them. "Are we going to go somewhere else?" he asked, trying to avoid moving his head too much.

---- Morgana ----

"I think we still need to pick up the alchemy and astrology equipment. So one of those stores next?" Morgana suggested in reply to Samuel. Her mother paid for the attached owl - mentally noting to deduct it from Morgana's next allowance payment.

[i'm assuming it'll get deducted from Morgana's supply now - since she'd loose access to that amount eventually. Owl cost = 4 Galleons. Robes/wand/books already bought = 33 Galleons and 10 Sickles.]

---- Selene ----

After picking up her wand - the time had come for Selene's robe fitting. Aribeth had picked up the rest of the supplies - at least Selene hoped she had.

As the pair headed to the robe shop, a tiny tortoiseshell kitten started to follow them. This cat watched the pair from outside - presumably as it had been chased out in the past.

[selene's current spending: Wand = 11 G (due to rareness of wood/core combo), Books (assuming textbooks are $15 each) = 12 G, Scales/pewter bowl/other = 15 G]

(( Supplies in diagon won't be taken away from your total, however Items not on the list cost, but save your money, there'll be trips to Hogsmede.))

"Excuse me sir, I'd like to purchase these books," Zoey said, placing the books on the counter.

"Okay, so what do we have here? Animagus books eh? all in all that's around 50 galleons, if that's too much there is a less advanced book for less, anyways how did you get those eyes? magical accident?"

(( If you buy the books 50G will be deducted from your account.))

(She has one animagus book and the rest of the books that she does need)

Zoey laughed. "No, I like to observe things," she said as she paid the man. "And that's no magical accident."

(Okay, don't forget that she bought a wand too tongue.gif)