Totts

Hogwarts!

(( I have a small idea, you don't have to use it though, how about Neko?))

--- Morgana ---

[assuming it was an IC question]

"It does have Greek roots." Morgana concurred, Athena was the Greek goddess of Wisdom, so that source also fitted the owl. Then she switched attention to the cat, "Hmmmm, cat names..... how about Bastet - after the Egyptian protector of cats? Or Grimalkin?"

Zoey went over to a group of kids who seemed to be talking. "I think Bastet would be a perfect name for a cat," she said, catching the tail end of the conversation. "What does Grimalkin mean?"

Alia blinked, quite confused. Her mother looked surprised; her father, frowning in a slightly disapproving sort of manner. The first-year did indeed do what was expected of her - she let go of her trolley and peered around the edge. She came back, even more confusion spread across her features. "There's nothing there," she told the one who had spoken to her. "Are you having me on?"

"He's not a girl," Samuel replied as the cat began biting his fingers. "Aren't there any good names for male cats?" he glanced down at the cat before his attention was drawing to the muggleborn. "Don't be silly," he replied, adopting a superior pose as if she knew nothing at all. "You have to go in the pillar, not around it."

"What about Bartholomew?" Bella chimed in, quiet. "It means you can call him Mew all the time, and it's a boy's name..." She was trying to stifle laughter. The one girl looked so lost. She would give the other girl advice, but it would be simpler to show her. "May I show her?" Bella asked, trying not to show off or anything.

---- Morgana ----

"Grimalkin was a cat that belonged to one of the three Witches in Macbeth. Literal meaning is 'Grey Cat'. Gender neutral name really..." Morgana replied to Zoey's question and to Samuel's assertion that the cat was male.

Then in reply to Alia:

"No, I am not 'having you on'. I meant it when I said 'the Other Side' of the pillar." Morgana turned to Bella,

"Perhaps a demonstration would be easier." She made sure her trolley wasn't in the way. She knew it would be interesting to observe the reaction - not due to any sense of superiority over the Muggleborn, just from a scientific curiosity.

[Though because she is blunt - it may seem like she's being condescending.....]

"Ah! Gotcha," Zoey said. "Bella! How nice to see you again." She smiled at the shy girl before turning her atention to Alia. "Hi! I'm Zoey, what's your name?"

With a small smile, Bella walked towards the pillar only running when she was close. She passed through whole and unhurt. She let out her breath though, she had hoped that it wasn't sealed or unopened yet. She would miss the reaction from the muggle-born though… oh well, that was fun anyway. Maybe next year, she should try out for quidditch.

Alia pouted slightly, eyes narrowing. They weren't being very nice. Then there was another girl, Zoey, asking her name. "Oh, I'm Alia," she introduced herself distractedly. For some reason, another one was going toward the wall. She was going to crash! A squeak escaped her as she was about to crash - and then, she was gone. Blue eyes round, she stared at the wall, quite dumbfounded. "What...?"

---- Morgana ----

"That's what I meant by the Other Side of the pillar." Morgana said to Alia's confused look, "The Platform is through there - think of it as a .... secret doorway."

Zoey smiled as Alia's eyes grew very wide. Another girl was explaining it to her. Unable to keep the laughter contained, Zoey ran hrough the pillar, doubling over with laughter.

Alia nodded, watching as Zoey headed through. She could tell they'd been teasing her, but at least she'd made some aquaitances. "So... You just step through?" Shewbeeled her trolley around, staring at the bricks with some doubt. Her parents were close behind her. Okay, she'd just walk it, so she wouldn't completely crash foot was a joke. The girl walked on, staring at the pillar. As the edge of her trolley came to it, she flinched - and then, she was through! A gasp escaped her as she came to a red steamtrain, and many people milling about it. Woah...

Zoey immidiately straightened up. "Sorry about that," she said sheepishly, rubbing her head when she saw the muggle's face expression about the train. "I'm sure you'll get used to it." She looked at Alia with a smile before turning to Bella. "Would you mind if I sat next to you on the tain?"

"I don't mind..." Bella said, smiling a little. "And... I wouldn't mind sitting with you... um... I didn't catch your name! I'm so sorry, here I am asking if you would sit with me and-" She cut herself off, owrrying about something as small as a name. Would the other girl think she was rude? Bella hoped not, she only wanted to be nice and show her how to get to the platform... but at the same time she wanted see the shock and awe on the girl's face.

You said that you're still accepting so is one more student alright?

Name: Chase Beaulieu

Magical Blood Type: Half-Breed (his mother is a Half-Veela making him 1/4th Veela)

Personality:He is very friendly, and always likes to make those around himself happy and is very charming. He also is very jovial and enjoys playing pranks in order to get a good laugh for everyone. Chase values good friends and relationships at the end of the day more than power or wealth. He is usually very laid back, but will protect his friends and family with great ferocity.

Appearance: His body and His eyes, skin tone, and hair. In general, He is averaged sized, has pale skin, blue eyes, and pale blonde hair. He inherited a naturally charming smile and features from his mother's side.

Family life at home: Caring. He is the only child in his family and thus was cared for quite a lot. however he always wished he could have a sibling. After moving to England for a change of scenery from simple french countryside, they found quite a liking to city life and stayed there. They moved there when Chase was about 7 so he still maintains many memories and a slight accent.

Family and personality: His mother, Celestine Beaulieu is the daughter of a veera and a wizard. She is caring, but also can be slightly temperamental at times, especially when it comes to protecting her family. His father is Richard Leclaire. He was a successful wizard, and a very intelligent charms caster. He and his wife both are very persuasive and charming.

Desired House: Hufflepuff

Other:

Wand: Apple wood, Dragon-heartstring core, 10 3/4ths length, reasonable supple.

Edited by pyrolycan

"It's Zoey," Zoey said, smiling slightly, wishing she had Fisher perched on her shoulder again. She didn't mind that Bella forgot her name, Zoey wasn't all at mad or upset in the slightest.

"No, the new girl... The muggle born..." Bella tried to explain. "I feel horrible for not asking earlier..."

--- Morgana ---

Morgana considered the pillar as Alia walked through, Perhaps I should have been more specific when I explained the Other Side.....

"It is easier to run at it - or so I've heard." She quietly added as the girl vanished.

"Shall we?" Morgana asked Samuel - giving him the choice of whether he wanted to go in first or second.

[if he wants to go first - assume Morgana follows. If second - Morgana will go through first and gets out of the way.]

[Waiting on Archios for Selene]

Samuel looked at Morgana then nodded. "I'll go first, I guess," he said as he adjusted his grip on the bag hanging from his side then grabbed his cart. He pulled back then suddenly ran forward, running through the pillar and to the other side. Quickly, he wheeled his cart to the left and waited for Morgana to follow. The train was there, smoking and waiting to go to Hogwarts.

---- Morgana ----

Morgana waited for a few seconds after Samuel entered - to give him a chance to clear the exit. Crashing into fellow students wasn't a good plan under any circumstances.

Taking a deep breath, waving to her parents, Morgana lined her trolley up to the pillar. Then she darted through.

On the other side - Samuel was standing off to the left. And the other trio of girls were slightly ahead of them.

The place was still busy with students gathering in friendship groups to sit together on a carriage. The prefects seemed to be trying to organise the boarding - with limited success, due to the general noise and hubbub of a Train Platform.

Alia nodded, but became hesitant when Zoey turned away and asked another student to join her on the train. It was a bit rude she supposed, but the girl barely even knew her. Maybe they were friends already or something. She took firmer hold of her handlebars, and was about to turn away, when the one seemed to be talking to her. "Oh, it's Alia," she said, straightening slightly.

"I'm Bella. I like Alia, though, it's a much nicer name. I'm sorry I didn't ask earlier!" She said, playing with her hands as she watched the train. "If you want, we can sit together on the train. Don't worry about saying no, I won't mind. I've gotta study anyway. If I can get a head start on my classes, then I'll have some extra time to work on my own stuff." She made sure to give the other girl lots of room to say no, and didn't blame the girl if she was put off by Bella. She probably could sense the muggle blood on her full name too. This Bella was determined to be different though. She was going to be different from her whole family tree if need be.

*Ding Dong* "Can all Hogwarts students please board the train now." Said the driver, his voice magically amplified.