Totts

Hogwarts!

((Sorry. Please don't wait for me because usually I'm just stalking and assume you'll post when you like.))

Aribeth hurried Selene along. Both of them had been up since midnight and yet somehow they managed to be late. The train would be boarding in less than, she checked her pocket watch, less than five minutes. Practically dragging the girl and her luggage towards platform 9 3/4. "I'm sorry Selene. Time has escaped my grasp once again." she apologized over her shoulder. By the time they arrived, all of the other students had gone through. She stopped a few feet back from the pillar which lead to the Hogwarts platform. "Alright. Just go at a bit of a jog towards the platform, find a prefect, and they'll handle your things. Alright, dear?" she asked, making sure all of her own things were accounted for at the same time.

Alia smiled lightly, feeling rather more happy as she was accepted by Bella. "I'd love to sit with you," she said amiably. Quite suddenly, there was a voice speaking through what had to be a megaphone; she was swept up in hugs and goodbyes from her parents. Then, she proceeded to lug her trunk and cage to the train. The prefects being there to help, one boy saw her plight and took up one end, telling her to just show him where to take it to. She looked at the other two. "Uh, shall we just choose any empty carriage...?"

---- Selene ----

Selene followed Aribeth's directions - briefly wondering Why am I heading towards a pillar at speed? - then she was through to the opposite side.

The steam train at the Platform was currently being swamped by students. Heading towards the nearest door - Selene hoped that she'd be able to find a prefect to help out before she blocked anyone's way.

Her tortoiseshell attached itself to her shoulder - not liking the crowds too much.

The prefect near the door didn't seem to notice her - he just took her luggage and loaded it without a word. Perhaps he was too pre-occupied with ensuring the train went on time to really pay any attention.

Boarding the train, Selene looked for a quiet car to sit in.

---- Morgana ----

At the driver's announcement, Morgana organised her luggage and owl cage for easy loading. From what she'd heard - luggage loading was never an issue for the Express - finding a carriage to sit in was.

"Any plans on seating area?" She asked Samuel, as she moved closer to the train and looked for potential seats through the windows.

"Oh, that sounds good." Bella replied, stowing her bags with Alia's. "An empty cabin, that is." She held her book, her gift from Zoey, close. She needed this book, it contained so much knowledge, and it was one of her first gifts from a friend. She wasn't about to stray from it, at least, not until she was done studying from it.

After stowing his luggage, Chase began to make his way to the train. As Chase was shuffling through the crowd of students, He found himself fantasizing about the upcoming year. He had heard so many good things here, especially about the people. Not being Afraid of people he Just walked up to the closest group of people he could find(Bella and Alia). He strolls up next one of the girls and starts to chat with them, flashing a slight smile and poorly hiding his french accent, so not to come off as too strange.

"Hi. You two look like pretty nice people. I'm Chase, nice to meet you. I haven't really met many people yet so would you mind if I sat with you two on the train?"

Edited by pyrolycan

Samuel smiled when Morgana made it through then looked at the train. "I guess we'll have to sit with someone else," he said, noticing that nearly none of the seats were taken. "Let's just go on and put our luggage away. We can try to find seats nearby after that, alright?" he started towards an entrance and tried to climb the stairs with his luggage.

Alia held up the other side of her trunk as the boy helped her with it. She thanked him, Merlin's cage still under her arm and her sling bag across her chest. Of course she had some money with her - who knew when she'd need it? This was all so exciting. She was about to ask Bella and Zoey whether they were ready to board, when a boy came up to them. Being a confident sort of person, she immediately replied. "Uh, alright then. If you two are alright with it...?" she said, looking at her two new companions. "I'm Alia."

"Hi, I'm Bella. I figure you can sit with us, if you like!" Bella smiled at the new boy. She was nervous, but she was hiding it well. If she was going to brave, she was going to have to start now. She could do it too. She knew that the Sorting Hat needed to see bravery in order to sort her, so she'd be brave. Even if she could mask it, she could still feel the scared pit in her stomach as she spoke to him.

[Oh, are there any plans for anything exciting happening when we actually get to Hogwarts?]

--- Morgana ---

"Sounds like a plan." She followed Samuel, lifting the other end of his luggage to try and stop it from hitting the train steps. That and opposing gravity by holding it should make it easier for Samuel to lift.

The idea was she'd load up behind him - then board the train. Then find seats.

[that part can be auto'd ]

--- Selene ---

The train was crowded with students - new and returning ones, it didn't look like there'd be enough seats for everyone. The prefects just barely managed to keep it from being a mass surge and crush of people.

Seating would be hard to find.

[Feel free to poke Selene somewhere too]

"Alia and Bella, very pretty names. Lets try to find a seat here. If there are any left."

Chase chuckled a bit. He was glad that he found some people who at least seemed to be nice people. It had seemed as if quite a lot of the people he saw rushing on before him were quite snobbish. As if he had always been a part of the group, Chase walked along with to find an empty group of seats amongst the rabble of students. After a little searching, they sat down and Chase started to try to get to know these new people.

"So what house do you all want to be in? I've heard all theses people talking about this house and that. What do you think of it all. The houses I mean?"

Samuel offered up a small smile when he was aided then looked around. He put his luggage away where he could hopefully remember it then began searching for an empty carriage. It took a bit but he eventually opened the door to one that didn't contain any people. "In here," he said, taking a seat and letting his still unnamed cat sit on his lap.

--- Morgana ---

Having stowed her luggage - Morgana followed Samuel to the empty carriage. Taking a seat within, Morgana watched Samuel's cat settle down on his lap.

"Looking forward to Hogwarts?" She asked, mentally going back to thinking of an appropriate name for the cat. Samuel hadn't indicated that he'd picked one yet. Hmmmm a good name for a male cat? Wonder if there's something in the classification system that could be used.... Family: Felidae, sub-family: Felinae (Small cats).... Great all that leads me to is Felix. Not really an original name.

What about something to do with it's colouration?... black.... that would be Ater/Atra or even Atrum now which was the masculine form and which was the feminine form? Latin grammatical forms weren't Morgana's strong point - at least when thinking on the go.

Samuel looked at her then looked out the window. "It doesn't really matter," he replied as his hand began to pet the cat. The cat set about biting his fingers and clawing at them before licking the small bite marks. "I can't imagine learning anything life changing, nor will my education really mattering in the long run. Nothing they can teach me here will have a massive impact on the universe. I guess I'm mildly indifferent to the entire affair."

Alia followed along behind Chase, glancing over her shoulder every now and then to see that Bella was still managing to keep up. They eventually, miraculously, found an empty compartment. Sighing with relief, she placed Merlin's cage up on the holders and murmured that he mustn't be alarmed; the dark grey owl's bright amber eyes were big. Then she plopped down on the seat opposite Chase, to be attacked by a barrage of questions. Blinking a bit, she hesitated. "What? Like sports houses? I never saw anything about that..."

"Oh, I guess since you're muggle-born, you wouldn't know about the four houses in Hogwarts." Bella said, skillfully putting Sooty up on the shelf above her seat next to Chase. "Like most schools, they separate out everyone into four houses. Hufflepuff, Ravenclaw, Gryffindor, and Slytherin," she lowered her voice on Slytherin, "each house has a special quality about each member. Hufflepuffs are loyal, Gryffindors are brave, Ravenclaws are smart, and Slytherin are kinda… seedy. There's a big Sorting ceremony at the start of every year, and that's what we're gonna be do my when we get to Hogwarts." Bella explained, excited. "I really want to be in Gryffindor, because I'm gonna be so cool when I grow up. Like an auror or something."

"My name is Zoey," Zoey said as she followed the group.

Alia listened to her newfound friend, nodding every now and then. "I don't really want to be in Slytherin, then," she said breezily, interlinking her fingers behind her head and leaning back. "I think any other house would suit me, though... Maybe Gryffindor," she mused. She was confident once sure about her surroundings; that was a type of bravery, wasn't it? Not particularly academic, she didn't think she really suited Ravenclaw. And, well, Hufflepuff would be better than Slytherin. At least, she didn't think she was seedy... "What's an Auror?"

"An auror is like a wizard detective. Their job is to hunt down evil witches and wizards and send them to Askaban, wizard prison. I wanna uphold the righteous laws of our Ministry of Magic. And also see if I can help muggles avoid being targeted by the pure-blooded wizards." Bella explained, relishing the part about fighting evil witches and wizards, and falling down only when she mentioned bigoted wizards. "Those kinds of wizards think they're better than muggles, and muggles don't deserve to live."

"I can't imagine being horrible to anyone," Zoey said. "Those wizards don't have pure hearts, only the more friendly wizards have pure hearts. My parents hope I get into Ravenclaw, but I am unsure." What house did she want? Gryffindor? Ravenclaw? Hufflepuff? Or did she have some secret desire that she wanted Slytherin?

[i think so too - Morgana is seated with Samuel and Selene is still looking for a seat - but she's on board]

(( Yes i believe so.))

"Oooh Gryffindor. And an auror? So cool. I really wanna get into Hufflepuff. Everyone seems to laugh at me for it but all the people from Hufflepuff, that I know at least, have all been friendly and nice. And since those are good things to be Hufflepuff seems like a fit."

Chase seemed to like the new girls. "Two Gryfindors. That means they cant be that mean could they?" Chase thought to himself. As the train chugged on, He could feel the anticipation swelling inside him about Hogwarts. He caught himself drifting off and imagining an extravagant opening ceremony with magic fireworks and all that.

"Yeah, I want to be like Harry Potter when I grow up." Bella said, smiling and staring out the window.

[sorry, not much to say, and school.]

"I really don't want to go to Hogwarts," Zoey said as the train moved.