Totts

Hogwarts!

(( only optional items take away galleons, a wand isn't optional but these books are.))

"Well thank you." said the book keeper as he took her money.

( 50 GALLEONS DEDUCTED FROM ZOEY'S ACCOUNT)

(Okay, thanks for clearing that up)

"No problem," Zoey said, before handing the book to Bella. "Here you go."

All students should now make any purchases they have to make and then head straight to platform 9 3/4 to board the hogwarts express.

In these times of inactivity, there is only one person that can save us. user posted image

---- Selene ----

The robe fitting was rather quick, considering she was generally self-conscious about her hetrochromia and the jibes that usually came with it.

Exiting the shop with her school purchases, Selene was surprised by the tortoiseshell that climbed up on her suitcase and held on as it rolled along.

"You're such a cute kitty - and an odd one at that." Selene observed quietly, most cats weren't that friendly. The little cat just mewed and settled into a slightly more comfortable position.

Looks like you're coming along for the ride... Selene thought, completely unaware of the relatively 'normal' journey ahead. That means I'll have to think of a name for you.... and which are you? male or female? Selene mused on that while journey preparations were being made.

[Awww I'm now missing my aunt's friendly tortoiseshell cat....... poor Nico, my lap really misses your warmth. Selene will be musing on the cat's name til Express time I guess.]

"Alright," Samuel said as he pulled the cat off his head and placed it in his bag instead, leaving the top open so it could poke its head out. "I still need to name him. As for the stores, it doesn't really matter." He gave the kitgen's head an affectionate pat but it decided to ignore him completely.

"Oh! Th-thank you..." Bella said, accepting the book. "Y-you didn't have to..." It felt so heavy, as though every piece of knowledge weighed at least a kilogram. She was excited about learning now, learning about everything in this book.

[sorry, I thought I posted, but I guess it didn't...]

(It's fine smile.gif)

"Isn't that what friends do?" Zoey asked, blinking at her. "I really hope the contest for the House Cup doesn't ruin our firendship though." She smiled at Bella. "Would you like to meet my parents?"

((Oi! My form needs to be on the OP, as does Alia's account. xd.png She bought a small owl in addition to her school requirements - how much to be deducted, Totts?))

Alia was wheeling her trolley along at King's Cross Station, glancing left and right while nibbling on her bottom lip. Her small grey owl, named Merlin, tweeted merrily. The sound mingled weirdly with her own confusion. Her parents were walking beside her, looking as lost as she felt. There was no such thing as a Platform 9 3/4... How was she going to get to Hogwarts? This couldn't be a joke!

As I've said before, only optional items deduct from the bank Balance.

((Derp))

Aribeth walked out of the robe shop behind Selene thinking about just how much she had neglected to put any thought into the payment process. It would work out eventually and she was just as happy to provide things out of charity, but perhaps this should have been discussed with her parents. She quickly counted out the things they needed to do and found that boarding the Hogwarts Express was really the only other stop that needed to be made. She glanced over at Selene. "I think that's it. I'll take you to platform 9 3/4 and then it's only the rest of the day's ride to hogwarts. Do you have everything you want, Miss Silver?"

--- Selene ----

"Yes, thank you." Selene replied to Aribeth's question, while thinking 9 3/4, that seems an odd number for a Platform.

The tortoiseshell settled on the suitcase - completely blissful and ignoring the conversation above.

--- Morgana ---

Since it didn't seem to matter which order the other supplies were picked up in, Morgana, her mother (and presumably Samuel) finished up their shopping and then prepared for the Hogwarts Express.

[i'm assuming the next time they meet will be on the train platform - though Samuel is more than welcome to join them earlier]

((It would be the train platform))

After the shopping, the next time Samuel was allowed to leave the house was to go to the train. They weren't pleased with his new pet but since it never really left his room, they didn't dwell on it for too long. The cat was once again sitting in his bag as he approached where the train was supposed to be. He looked around at the pillar his parents had vaguely directed him to, a frown on his face. Just... run into it?

Alia hung about nervously. She was getting a few funny looks, and she couldn't blame the people throwing them. After all, she had an owl in a cage, along with a huge trunk. She kept on looking between the pillars, totally unsure of what to do. But then... There was a boy. With a trunk like here. Relief welled up within her as she wheeled her trolley toward him. "Hey - are you going to Hogwarts too?" she asked, as her parents came up behind her. Being a Muggleborn, she didn't really think about keeping her voice down - although they hadn't mentioned it to anybody otherwise.

"N-No. My Mother is going to be here and second." There was a crack and Bella was outside, waving to the other girl and trying to get away before her mother started asking odd questions.

[Just gonna, jump ahead a little.]

Bella discovered that apparating with her mother around to the various families to show off was a poor nudge in the more 'Slytherin' direction, as Bella called it. Th more family she visited, the more she wished for Gryffindor. Muggles this, muggles causing that, and there sat Bella, muttering thank yous and scraping to her family. At least she had her stuff packed and ready to go. She shut her suit case and marched out into the living room. Her mother decided to catch a ride there, since apparating would be restricted there. Her father, since they were taking her to Hogwarts, would accompany them.

"It's really quite a wonder about muggles. The dumb apes that they are, made cars. I wonder how many died trying to make it work." He remarked as Bella packed her bags into the back.

"Dad, he can hear you."

"He won't understand it, it'll go right over his head."

Bella sighed and climbed in, holding the correct amount of muggle money in her lap. The ride wouldn't take long, but he father's ranting would be near unbearable. When they finally arrived in King's Cross Station, she gave the driver extra money for his trouble.

Zoey was puzzled as to why Bella waved her off. She frowned when her parents found her. "There you are," her mother said. "I see everything you need." She could tell that her mother was pleased with her and her dad seemed to have relaxed. She sighed as they went back hom to get her stuff loaded into the family vehicle. She stared out the window with Fisher hooting excitedly. Her mother's owl hooted in response as they made it to the station. Zoey sighed as her father hugged her. "I'm so proud of you," he said. "I'll be even more prouder if you make it into Ravenclaw." Zoey smiled uneasily.

----- Morgana -----

Travel to King's Cross was very uneventful - the usual London Traffic not withstanding.

Morgana unloaded her cases, her owl sitting in its cage. Borrowing a luggage trolley, Morgana wove her way through the crowds towards Platform 9 3/4.

On the approach to the pillar, she could see another group: Samuel and another girl (Alia) and presumably her parents. She mentally sighed as she overheard the girl asking about Hogwarts. Must be a Muggleborn to ask that. Pure Bloods and half-bloods would know that there's a reason Magic is hidden from the general crowd.

She walked up - still pushing her luggage trolley and greeted the group - starting with the one she knew.

"Hi Samuel." Then she turned to the others. "Looks like we'll be travelling together. Being fellow first years and all." She was assessing how much of a lecture to give the other girl for the earlier slip-up - she wasn't going to make the mistake of doing it in public. And in front of her own parents that had now caught up - having been distracted by others they knew on the route [bella's parents perhaps?]

---- Selene [is travelling with Aribeth - and generally being her shy self] ----

Selene wondered a few things as the pair made their way onwards. Firstly - the Platform number confused her. Secondly, King's Cross seemed a very - normal - location for transport to a School of Magic.

Her tortoiseshell seemed to favour the case as a perch when it got tired of following her on foot. She stuck close to Aribeth - getting lost in a railway station wasn't part of her plan, and wasn't a good idea on a normal day.

Alia looked across as she saw another girl join them. Rocking on her heels, she fiddled with the wire on Merlin's cage. Another first year! So they were all to be in the same class together. Both of them looked nice enough, and the brunette positively beamed with excitement. "I can't wait to get there! But... Where's the platform?" she asked the two, glancing down at her ticket and then looking about as if expecting the platform to jump out of nowhere.

---- Morgana ----

Morgana inwardly grinned - and smiled on the outside too. Both for slightly different reasons. Enthusiasm was catching - but her inner smile was for the reaction her reply would get.

Keeping her voice low - so that her words wouldn't be easily overheard, Morgana answered the question.

"The Platform is behind the pillar - on the other side."

Now she expected Alia to peer round the pillar to only see the signs 9 and 10, then give her a quizzical look.

Bella's parents were drawn to another set of wizard parents, which Bella used as an excuse to load up her cart and escape her parent's inevitable 'pureblood' agenda. She started to wheel herself towards the group, glad that she was right and they were first years. She knew a little about how the platform was hidden, but her mother said that it was a surprise. The pillar though? Bella remained silent, waiting to either be welcomed or spurned from the group. She hoped they wouldn't be too mad if she stood by them, she wanted to see what the apparent muggle born would do. Sure she wasn't exactly expecting a lot from the girl, but it was more out of amusement and less out of racism. It was like watching a friend try to understand a complex book like Lord of The Rings, where each character had similar names and different roles.

[Yep amusement factor should be high on reaction to Morgana's answer.]

---- Morgana ----

Morgana glanced across as another student joined them. The daughter of the parents that hers were currently talking to.

"First time here too?" Morgana queried of the newcomer. She knew enough about being social to not automatically ignore others - unless her nose was in a book, then the outside world didn't exist. No books were out yet though - she was planning on doing some reading on the train - hadn't picked the one to read yet though.

Samuel nodded and stepped back to allow Morgana to explain the situation. A thought suddenly entered his head as a loud purring came from his bag. "Did you ever name your owl?" He asked, paying no mind to the muggle born. He had been taught to shun, after all. "I have yet to come up with a name for my cat."

[Hmm never thought the awkward bookworm would be playing a sort of 'peace-keeper/intermediary person']

---- Morgana ----

Morgana somewhat absent-mindedly tickled the wing of the owl in question as she replied to Samuel.

"Yes, the owl's called Athena." Morgana thought was a rather apt name since the species Latin was Athene noctua. Plus the owl didn't seem to mind it.

"Oh," Samuel replied, scratching his head slightly. "That's.. Greek?" He asked, his lips pressed together in a slight frown. He felt so uncreative but any and all names for the tiny cat seemed uncreative and flat. "I don't suppose you have any ideas..." He said as he patted the cat's head.