MoonTiger

AP egg hunting make over

There are hundreds if not thousands of eggs and hatchies in the abandoned page. constant refreshing and only being able to select from a few when you have specific specifications can be very frustrating. That and the AP is cluttered to begin with. So I've come up with a solution that may encourage people to get eggs from from the AP page and therefore ease the clutter.

Basically, somewhere on the page, there will be this search options as follows:

-CB or bred

So you still get random eggs, but it is slightly more narrowed down to what you want.

BUT if you use this option, you will only be able to see 10 eggs.

So if I want CB eggs, I would tick the box, and the AP would show 10 CB eggs.

You do not have to use these options if you do not want to. That is why they are called options. wink.gif

Edited by LoveOfTheMoonChild

I am personally against any form of different views to the AP. It will always put the person viewing the default form at a disadvantage as everything will be picked through and all they will see are the remnants that no one else wanted because those viewing X only will be able to see further into the pile than the person viewing it at default.

I am especially against being able to search by breed or rarity. People will DEFINITELY pick out the nice desirable eggs really quickly if you can, say, refresh while searching for blunas or coppers.

Edited by Nectaris

I'm against:

-breed and/or how common the dragon you want to be

-egg or hatchie

Because then people could just go hunt for rares in the backlog or just grab all the hatchlings. Of course we all want rares and hatchies, but just putting them up like this isn't going to help the AP backlog.

I am a little intrigued by cb vs. lineaged, but I'm not sure how codeable that would be. Time left seems a little redundant. The only case I see people really using it to find higher timed dragons is when they auto something and want it back (but won't be able to grab it anyway) or friends helping friends out trying this.

I would like some sort of change to the AP or even to limits, but I'm not really sure this will help much. x3

I agree with sock but I definitely would like a cb vs lineage that would make my hunting much easier.

As I said, those options were only ideas. CB vs Lineage is a legit option and it doesn't have to be rares or by breed or by hatchie, ect. Once again, those were just ideas. The general idea was to have an option or two that can help narrow down the eggs to being closer to what you want.

I would like to have a trial version of the CB vs. Bred option, just to see how well it worked.

Don't think it would be something I'd use. I'd be afraid of missing a really nice shimmer or something while hunting CBs.

I don't like the idea of breed or rarity, but CB/lineaged would be very nice!

Sometimes I want a nice lineage, sometimes I want a nice CB, and it'd be nice to be able to ignore the ones I don't more easily.

I don't like the idea of breed or rarity, but CB/lineaged would be very nice!

Sometimes I want a nice lineage, sometimes I want a nice CB, and it'd be nice to be able to ignore the ones I don't more easily.

I'm with KageSora and Sock. NO to by breed in ANY form.

But hatchies on top ? I quite like that, Sock notwithstanding - even though they would be snatched fast, at the moment too many end up wild sad.gif

Edited by fuzzbucket

I say no to the whole idea.

Others have given my reasons for not wanting some of the options. I'll add CB vs lineaged: NO. That right there just takes all the fun of AP hunting away (imo) and I will no longer be going to the AP at all. I don't *look* for either CB or lineaged, specifically, I look for *breeds*. And yet it's a wonderful SURPRISE if I end up grabbing a CB, or a really great lineage! In fact if my memory serves there is an entire thread in the Site Discussion area on "great AP finds" or something.

IMO, the AP is like a landfill. "there is a huge pile of abandoned eggs" it says. We are going into what's basically a mess of all different types of abandoned eggs and looking to see if there is anything we want (or heck, sit there refreshing for an hour to see if something really good will turn up!). This is NOT a "I only want to see this type so PLEASE HUGE PILE, MAGICALLY ONLY SHOW ME THAT!!".

If the AP was ever COMPLETELY overhauled, the entire CONCEPT, *then* maybe it would make sense to be able to only see certain types. Right now, it doesn't.

all I want from AP is to be a bigger pile. it currently shows 30 eggs, and takes about 700 x 400 Pixels to do so. my screen is 1920x1080. go figure how much empty space there is.

Even on my phone, I hate how much empty space there is around the AP eggs. It has far from a large display, but there could easily be 2 additional rows even WITHOUT changing the "days left" format.

Sorry - but CB vs bred is not OK by me - makes it too easy for those with fast connections and the rest. And also takes half the fun of accidental awesome catches ! Sure it's an OPTION - but all my accidents have been while I was looking for something specific - and I'd have missed them, as I would have used the option to get what I wanted....

Sometimes not having choices is better. There is a load of research showing that we have too much choice in life and it is adding to our stress levels...

I could live with egg vs hatchie, as I said above.

I don't think sorting the AP in any way will reduce the backlog. We need incentive for people to pick up even the most common breeds. It would indeed make it easier for people hunting for something specific, but it would also tend to leave behind only what no one else wants.

I don't see anything suggested here that I think will improve the situation, in reality. More hatchling slots might help. Or a bsa to speed hatchlings toward adulthood, so that we don't get hatchling locked so quickly. Those are, of course, suggestions for another thread. Letting us pick through the AP backlog so that we take all the goodies and leave the "trash" just makes casual AP hunting even less rewarding than it is now.

Thing is that hatchies don't get to the top of the pile any more because of the eggs adding that extra day and hatchies not. To that end I'd like to see SOMETHING that meant there weren't so many hatchjes ending up in the wild (sad as she carelessly auto'd an egg the other day which was part of a project here, and it will hatch and go wild in the AP - I just know it sad.gif

I don't think sorting the AP in any way will reduce the backlog. We need incentive for people to pick up even the most common breeds. It would indeed make it easier for people hunting for something specific, but it would also tend to leave behind only what no one else wants.

I don't see anything suggested here that I think will improve the situation, in reality. More hatchling slots might help. Or a bsa to speed hatchlings toward adulthood, so that we don't get hatchling locked so quickly. Those are, of course, suggestions for another thread. Letting us pick through the AP backlog so that we take all the goodies and leave the "trash" just makes casual AP hunting even less rewarding than it is now.

^^Totally agree!

Personally, I'm content with the AP as it is. No, I don't get the rares I want most of the time, but I ALWAYS find something worth picking up. I am against any plan that will allow the fastest few to cherry pick the pile.

I say no to the whole idea.

Others have given my reasons for not wanting some of the options. I'll add CB vs lineaged: NO. That right there just takes all the fun of AP hunting away (imo) and I will no longer be going to the AP at all. I don't *look* for either CB or lineaged, specifically, I look for *breeds*. And yet it's a wonderful SURPRISE if I end up grabbing a CB, or a really great lineage! In fact if my memory serves there is an entire thread in the Site Discussion area on "great AP finds" or something.

IMO, the AP is like a landfill. "there is a huge pile of abandoned eggs" it says. We are going into what's basically a mess of all different types of abandoned eggs and looking to see if there is anything we want (or heck, sit there refreshing for an hour to see if something really good will turn up!). This is NOT a "I only want to see this type so PLEASE HUGE PILE, MAGICALLY ONLY SHOW ME THAT!!".

If the AP was ever COMPLETELY overhauled, the entire CONCEPT, *then* maybe it would make sense to be able to only see certain types. Right now, it doesn't.

I agree so much with this!

The AP is not supposed to be a place where you can magically find just the egg you are looking for. A lot of sifting is required to find someone else's trash that will become your treasure.

I'd like if the eggs in the AP changed more often. As it is, some of the eggs stay in the front for hours. A complete refresh with new eggs once a minute or every two minutes would help it move a bit, I think.

I'd like if the eggs in the AP changed more often. As it is, some of the eggs stay in the front for hours. A complete refresh with new eggs once a minute or every two minutes would help it move a bit, I think.

That would allow cherrypicking, so please, no.

The assortment already changes every time I refresh, averaging about once a second at this point, even if some of the eggs remain the same for a few refreshes. Eventually, they all do vanish, even if a couple take an hour. I haven't seen much in the way of 0 day eggs, and those that do show up with times at 0, 1, 2 days are always gone in 1, rarely 2 refreshes.

I think the only way I would be able to support seeing CB vs bred is if you see no further into the pile than the default user. Meaning that if there are ten CBs currently visible, all you see are ten eggs. I firmly believe that if seeing one version of the AP lets you see more eggs, it destroys any value in the default view.

That would allow cherrypicking, so please, no.

The assortment already changes every time I refresh, averaging about once a second at this point, even if some of the eggs remain the same for a few refreshes. Eventually, they all do vanish, even if a couple take an hour. I haven't seen much in the way of 0 day eggs, and those that do show up with times at 0, 1, 2 days are always gone in 1, rarely 2 refreshes.

Seriously. I never see an egg there that is more than an hour or two older than any of the others, except when someone drops an ER one into the mix, which is immediately snapped up! Even the messiest, most inbred lineages will be picked up if they can be immediately hatched (and most likely frozen, but perhaps someone truly loves them. wink.gif )

And I agree with Nectaris that no one should be able to see more eggs than are showing on the default page, no matter what sort of searching may be allowed.

The only changes to the AP that I would like to see are these...

1. Hatchlings first - they are the oldest, so they should be first and letting them go wild is waste of good dragons.

2. More eggs showing on the page - there needs to be an option that allows players to choose how many eggs show up at once. My screen resolution is set to 1600 x 900 and that leaves a LOT of black space on the DC layout. With some minor changes to that layout, there would be room for DOUBLE the amount of eggs shown on my screen.. if not more.

But those are the only options I would support. Even tho I prefer caveborns, I would not want to search just for caveborns because I might miss a nice hybrid, shimmer or tinsel. And I definitely would NOT want a search by breed.. that would take all the fun out of the AP.

Except that hatchies should show first, being oldest, (and currently going to waste,) I like the AP as it is.

As has been pointed out, it's a refuse pile into which people sometime toss nice surprises, and it's most useful when the eggs don't go too fast, but are in that wonderful area between which they're ER but Influence-able, so we go hunting for inst-hatchy treasure among the breeding boo-boos and CB unwanted dragons useful to some and worth-while because low-time, starting with those closest to death/adulthood and being available first because of this.

THIS!!!

This suggestion would, at BEST, make some faster-connection users happy. But it wouldn't do A DANG THING to actually help *reduce* AP-backlog. Because being able to filter and pick up rares, or CBs, or whatever, is NOT what the AP-backlog needs. Very simply, it needs more USERS willing to pick up and raise COMMONS.

That's it. End of line, really. You can filter to your heart's content to make it easier for people to find what they *want*, but until we find some legitimate way for users to *want* to pick up and raise COMMONS, which make up the majority of the AP, that backlog will still be there.

I also agree with Cinnamin Draconna, pretty much the *only* AP changes I'd support at this point would be putting hatchlings first, and showing more eggs at a time.

What if we gave commons BSAs?

Not all of them, but a few...

Edited by LoveOfTheMoonChild