Sylviinael

The Kingdoms of Izendornia

((OOC: It was for Ruby.))

Vorthal

Vorthal was fuming mad. Why did the angel have to dump him onto Chessayia with the demoness? It was not a good idea on Roark's part. As she screamed, Vorthal ignored it, as he believed that demons deserved whatever pain they got. And so, he just kept his eyes forwards towards the horizon.

"That's... that's just cruel." Roark muttered. He didn't know why exactly, but he didn't think that even he could sink so low as that.

"...We'll vote once we land. That will decide whether you stay with us or not." Roark said.

"Why am I making myself sound so distant?" He wondered.

~~~~~

Luna looked at the poor girl, knowing what it felt like to not be able to reach something you so dearly wanted, especially when that something was family.

She took the demon girl's hand, smiling.

"What was your name again?" She asked, trying to be friendly, since she could practically feel the loathing rolling off of Vorthal.

SHe turned and smiled back at him, knowing that he hated this, but asking him to jst hang on for a bit longer.

((My computer's dying! Be back in half an hour, watching the Amityville Horror :3

Sorry y'all I could have sworn this sent... BTW the potion was for Ruby))

((OOC: Dang it, I forgot she leaped on there with them.

Also, guess who I got an autograph from today!))

Vorthal

Vorthal glanced back to make sure that the she-demon wasn't up to any tricks, and was greeted with the pleasant surprise of seeing Luna smiling at him. There was also a pleading look in her expression, as if asking him to not do anything rash. Vorthal just sighed and shook his head, a pained expression on his face. He then turned back to his forward facing position, waiting for this flight to end.

Nyx

Nyx remembered the potion and began to drink it.

"Ruby." She responded after drinking. "Roark. I know it seems weird, but I trust you. Please. Don't let me leave. If I have to be alone in the forest one of masters assassins will come and kill me. Do you want the blood of an innocent on your hands?"

Roark chuckled at Ruby. "No need to be so dramatic. Of the six people in this group, I'm sure at least four will vote that you'll stay. Luna and I at least will try to keep you here." He smiled.

He looked ahead; "I think I see another clearing. Let's stop here for the night and get some sleep. I'll take first watch." He said, looking at Luna's groggy face.

"It's been a long day for everyone…" He thought, knowing it still might not be over yet.

~~~~~

Luna yawned, her eyelids feeling heavy. She leaned towards Vorthal;

"Hey, Vorthal? Um, do you mind if I lean on your shoulder until we land?" She asked, yawning once more.

Vorthal

"Oh, uh, no. I don't mind at all." Vorthal replied, stuttering at first.

He adjusted himself accordingly so that Luna would be able to lean on him more comfortably.

((OOC: Got to go for now. See you in a few hours!))

Luna smiled at him, settling comfortably on the tall man's shoulder.

She started to drift off, knowing that she'd probably fall asleep on the grass as soon as they landed.

~~~~~

Roark surged ahead of the group. The clearing was still a ways off he saw, so he dropped back and looked at Ruby.

"You know, I've fought a lot of demons in my day, but I've never heard one scream while it was healing." Roark commented, subtly trying to ask her a question.

Ruby

Ruby sighed. "It's cause my injuries are severe. And I'm a halfling. Most halflings die or try not to get hurt. And besides. I, might of severed the link from master. Most demons don't feel pain because master doesn't let them. No link to master. And the pain is unlike any other." Ruby responded as she saw the clearing.

"What if James comes back? While we're all asleep and kills me?"

Roark flew closer to the demon girl, looking at her determinedly.

"I am not going to let him get anywhere near any one. That "angel" made a deal with him. In my eyes he is nothing more than a traitorous swine." Roark replied, clenching his fists once he was finished and quickly folding his wings to dodge an on coming tree.

"Aside from that..." Roark began "If he does manage to lay a finger on someone- I'll kill him where he stands." Roark said with a smile. Not because he would be happy to kill the angel, but because he was trying to reassure Ruby.

Ruby

"I....Uh......Heh......" Ruby stuttered, she looked down smiling like an idiot as she then wiped the smile off her face.

"Can you really do that? Can you really kill an arch angel? I was told it couldn't be done." Ruby questioned Roark, not because she doubted him, but because she had begun to develop feelings for him. She was slowly falling for an angel, how stupid could she be? But it was a fact. She was indeed falling for an angel who probably was falling for someone else. She let out a sad but content sigh.

James

James looked at his so called wife again, pondering the decision. He then chuckled and got out of the water, his burns healed.

"So god himself wants me to comeback? He's willing to let me come back after everything I did?" James questioned his wife "All I have to do is be punished? That sounds a little to good to be true, but it is god afterall." James remarked as he put a shirt on.

Ruby

~"This Roark fellow, he doesn't know but he and possibly Luna are the only two here who I trust, everyone else not so much, which means I'll answer any questions and do basically anything they tell me to. But....why? I mean sure Luna has given me two potions now to save my life and Roark fought James with me and is defending me, but why do I trust them?"~ Ruby thought to herself.

Barbara

Barbara sighed as she summoned a phoenix. It rubbed it's beak against her leg as she smiled and stroked the fur just above its beak.

"Yes, that is exactly what he said. James come back. We miss you. I miss you," Barbara responded before climbing ontop of the Phoenix.

"If you really still care for me, hop on, if you don't......stay here, attack those innocents and get killed. I......won't revive you this time." Barbara announced sadly.

"Honestly? I don't know. If he's fallen out of the grace of God then maybe, but even if not it's still hard to fight without a head." The angel chuckled.

~~~~~

Gibraltr watched the strange group as they flew. He was still trapped in the Dark City, Dalanaaricarn from the dragon halfling's banishment spell.

"You are a strong magic wielder, I'll give you that halfling, but in the end I -will- kill you, and Roark as well." The demon chuckled. He was in his human form once more, as it was the only form he could now hold stable after his most recent fight.

"Hmm... I can't leave the city, but perhaps I can cause a bit of mischief to weaken them..." The evil demon said to himself, still watching the group through what he referred to as his "watching window".

"Yes! This is an excellent plan! And once they are weak, I will strike, and take Luna as mine!" He cried, smiling triumphantly. "Oh? What's this?" The demon asked, enlarging the image so that he could take a closer look.

"A demoness?" He thought. He saw the angel smiling and talking to her.

"Hahahahahah! A forbidden love. How quaint. Perhaps I should take that girl with me when I claim Luna, just to make the angel suffer for taking my beloved." The demon smirked.

He closed the window, walking down the halls of his dark fortress. He knew he'd need to prepare, for he would be needing his most powerful form yet to take the two women.

Ruby

Ruby began to stop breathing. She was scared and she had no idea why. She would've screamed but she instead just held her breath and looked around frantically. Was someone watching her? Or was she being paranoid. After a few moments she began to breath normally again.

"You're going insane," Ruby whispered to herself. "This is masters doing. He is making me think I'm being watched by someone as to make me paranoid so he can secretly attack me." Ruby whispered, fear in her voice.

James

"I......I can't. Not when Roark is here." James responded. "I really want to," he said as he approached Barbara, and then stabbed his sword through her chest. Her body falling off the phoenix as he climbed atop of the bird. "Thanks for the bird........censorkip.gif*" he responded before flying off.

Edited by Inmento

Barbara

Barbara let out a blood hurdling scream that could be heard for miles upon miles. She looked at her chest. It wasn't healing, he had actually stabbed her with a weapon that could kill an angel for good. She closed her eyes and began to try and heal herself. If not she'd at least make her lifespan longer until she found Roark.

"Roark!" Barbara screamed as loud as she could. "Roark!" She screamed again before passing out, her body was glowing meaning she had put her body in a holy shield which would prevent her death for a few hours, and slowly letting a tear fall out before she did.

Roark stopped, looking back.

He could hear someone calling for him, but he didn't know what to do. He saw the Ruby was breathing strangely and looking around, like someone was watching her.

Seeing that she was mostly healed by now and knowing that Chessayia was probably tired, he quickly caught up with them and gently pulled the demoness off of Chessayia's back, cradling Ruby in his arms.

"What on earth am I doing…?" Roark thought.

((OOC:Gotta go for a bit. I'll be back in about half an hour or so. Sorry y'all!))

Barbara

Barbara's shield was healing her, so even if roark didn't show, she'd be fine.

Edited by ArtemisArcher

Ruby

Ruby, once she was cradled in Roark's arms, began to do something she never did. She began to purr like a kitten who had found warmth and safety in a cold snowy place. She placed her head against Roark's chest and closed her eyes, feeling safer now than she had in her entire lifetime.

James

James landed the phoenix outside the old camp. He then left it there and flew into the sky himself. He wanted to be stealthy. He found Roark but stayed in the air...he wouldn't make himself known not yet anyways.

((OOC: We will miss you.))

((Hahah, thanks smile.gif ))

Roark was surprised when Ruby started to purr, and even more surprised when she laid her head on his chest.

He smiled down at her, moving behind the gryphoness so that he could watch her without having to worry about crashing into a tree.

"I will not let anyone hurt you, Ruby. I promise." The angel thought, still smiling at the beautiful demon.

Roark looked back at Luna after a while, seeing that she was half asleep on Vorthal's shoulder.

He immediately looked away, forcing himself to fly faster so that he wouldn't be tempted to look back again.

He felt so confused, even though he really wasn't sure why.

Trying to shrug the feeling off, he slowed himself down and landed softly, trying not to jostle Ruby when his feet touched the ground.

~~~~~

Luna heard the slow flapping of wings, thinking that they were probably landing. She waited until the wing beats stopped, then tried getting off.

She didn't realize that those wing beats were Roark's, not Chessayia's.

Edited by makenziec123

Ruby

Ruby was breathing softly. She was asleep, she was also still purring. She moved her arms around Roark's waist so she could get comfortable. She yawned cutely and opened her eyes for a second, she saw her arms wrapped around Roark and blushed, before closing her eyes and falling back into a light sleep.

In her mind though, she wasn't at peace. He was torturing her mind with images of her family being tortured, and whatever else demons did to their slaves in hell. Her smile faded as tears slowly rolled down her face. She wanted to scream and she wanted to fight, but she was too tired.

Barbara

Barbara awoke only a few minutes later and she flew off, still weak but her wound was healed. She loved flying more than she loved riding animals. She looked down a few minutes later to see Roark and the demoness. She let out a soft smile and landed on a tree infront of them, hidden.

"How can he be so kind and gentle? And not snap like James?" Barbara thought to herself before she coughed, giving away her position.

Roark blushed along with Ruby when she opened her eyes, but she quickly fell back asleep, much to his relief.

Although, he wasn't relieved for very long. He saw tears streaming down Ruby's cheeks as she cried in her sleep.

Not knowing what else to do, he did what he had done with Luna when she had a bad dream when they were little.

He gently wiped away her tears and rested his forehead against hers. He wrapped his soft brown wings around them, creating a little safety bubble for Ruby to block out any bad thoughts that had been put there. Lightly stroking her hair, he whispered quietly; "It's alright Ruby. Have some sweet dreams instead, alright?"

Not expecting a response, he just smiled softly and kept trying to soothe her.

"It's... so unlike me to act this way around anyone but Luna... Is my mind changing from all of Gibrlatr's attacks?"

He heard someone cough from the trees overhead.

He looked up over his feathery wings in the direction he had heard it come from and saw yet another angel sitting on a branch.

"Wow. We're just attracting people from all over, aren't we?" The angel thought to himself.

Barbara

"Hello ol' friend. It has been awhile," Barbara said as she jumped down. Landing beside Roark.

"What's wrong with the demoness? is she ok?" Barbara asked, feeling concern. "Did James take more of a toll on her than we expected?"

Ruby

The tears stopped, Ruby was in a deep, relaxing sleep. She let out a quiet moan, as if she had stretched but she hadn't. Ruby began to mumble something, at first it couldn't be heard but then she repeated it. It was latin.

"Utinam redemptionis vis pacem mihi, volo amor. Multa etiam est demoness petere?" Only demons and angels understand old latin. What Ruby had really said was, "I wish for redemption, I wish for peace, I wish for love. Is this too much for a demoness to ask for?"

user posted image

Rosali closed her eyes and relaxed as she crawled inbetween the angel's wings. She smiled and let out a churring sound- something dragons did when they were laughing and experiencing joy. She had never been in the yonder before- it was so wonderful! She hung on tight to her host, but her tiny blunt claws barely did any damage. She looked over his shoulder as he landed, tail flickering. For once, she thought about joining them. She didn't have much to do anyway, and she thought she could be of use for once instead of being chased around others. Her tongue flickered to taste the yonder as she opened her eyes, feeling a sense of longing to be up there again.

~_~_~

Malothere sat back on her haunches, looking impassive while she watched the scene around her with eyes that seemed to smolder. She gently crawled up to her sister, her beak screwed up in a happy, yet almost mad expression, something that she always used for fun to scare someone out of their body. "I see ya made new freinds, didn't ya?" She asked. "They look kinda nice, but what's with all the quarrels? They need ta' loosen up a'bit!" She chuckled, her large wings stirring in the air.

Chessayia turns to her much larger sister and rolls her eyes. "A demoness was hunting me and an angel for some reason, so we attacked her then an arch angel came around, then two more gryphons, then a dragon. I swear this is a market place on high noon." She snorts.