Sylviinael

The Kingdoms of Izendornia

((So sorry about that again everyone I had to go to Starbucks to get wifi because our internet died permanently this time. I may not be able to get on for a few days so you can move my characters as necessary, except for Gibraltr, I have plans for him :3))

Roark turned to Barbara "I think she'll be alright. Everyone seems fairly tired. Especially Luna, it's been a long day for everyone." He replied.

He heard the demoness in his arms starting to mumble something, and when he realized what it was, he immediately wrapped his wings around her- cutting off any and all dark thoughts in her mind, as all angels could. Most of them didn't use or even need their wings to do so, but that was the way Roark's father had taught him how to activate the ability.

She seemed to relax a bit after that, and with a sigh of relief the angel began stroking her hair softly.

Edited by makenziec123

((OOC: Since Malothere is sitting and looking at Chessayia, I'm guessing they've landed now.))

Vorthal

As Luna attempted to dismount Chessayia as she was still flying, Vorthal put out a gentle hand to push her back on.

"Not quite time yet Luna." He said.

When the Gryphoness did finally land, Vorthal quickly dismounted, and lifted Luna off of her back. She looked absolutely exhausted, so he carried her in his arms towards the edge of the clearing, and laid her down against a tree.

"Sleep well." Vorthal said, removing his blanket and draping it over her.

Seeing that no one had yet made a fire, Vorthal walked into the forest and began to gather wood.

Chessayia head butts her sister before heading to help Vorthal, the new armor plate shuffling slightly. She yawns, exhausted but she still walks on. "Vorthal? Whats gunna happen?" She stands on her hind legs and flicks her tail, walking on her back paws a little bit.

((Did not mean to put you know...I'm on a tablet that hates me...Post edited))

Edited by Sylviinael

Vorthal

Vorthal looks at her quizzically as he places more wood in the small pile gathered in his arms.

"No, I don't know." He said. "I'm sorry, but you'll need to clarify on that."

Ruby

Ruby left Roarks arms, blushing still. She looked at Vorthal and knelt down before him.

"I understand you hate my species. Which you should, but please...give me a chance. I wish to.......... show everyone that I am not like the others anymore. I was decieved to attack you." Ruby responded sadly. "However, if you wish to kick me out, go ahead....I'll just wait in the forest for master to rip my soul apart."

Edited by Inmento

"It seems like were going to become traitors to the cities..." Chessayia says, her word slurring because shes so exhausted. Yawning she backs up and lays down, falling asleep quickly.

Vorthal

"You are right. I do hate your kind." Vorthal said, barely keeping his anger at bay. "You are lucky I even saved you back there. There has never been a single demon that has given me a reason to trust you. Your kind has taken everything away from me."

He sighed as the Gryphoness fell asleep in the trees. Hefting the wood to one arm, he began to half carry her, and half drag her to the clearing, where he placed her down close to Luna. Kneeling down, he began to get the fire ready, and quickly lit it with his magic flame.

((OOC: Whoops xd.png Got too caught up))

Ruby|

"Make me be the one who earns your trust." Ruby responded.

((OOC: Please give me more to work with! It's hard to respond to one single line!))

Vorthal

Vorthal turned around on Ruby, his anger now coming forth.

"And how do you suppose you do that now?" He demanded. "Attack my friends again? Try and take over my mind? Kill us all in our sleep? You are lucky I'm not putting you in a pentagram tonight lady!"

((OOC: You should edit your previous post to fix the name.))

Edited by Narath

Ruby

Ruby sighed. "If it makes you feel better, put me in a pentagram. If it makes you feel safe hand me over to my master. I'll die a painful and long death. Or you could tell me things I'd need to do to earn your trust Vorthal." Ruby said as she closed her eyes. "Besides....why would I fake this?" She asked, trying to make him see that she isn't as bad as the pure demons.

Vorthal

"To make me lower my guard." Vorthal growled. "It's what you demons do. You get people to lower their guards, make them feel all safe and sound, and then you strike. Don't you deny it, I've seen it happen."

Roark stepped in just then, standing next to Ruby.

"Vorthal. Please calm down. If you really feel that uneasy around her then I'll watch her for tonight. I'll have to watch out for James anyways." He said, trying to get him to stop being loud. He didn't want to wake the others up.

"Besides that, she's a demon. If Gibraltr starts spying on us again she might be able to sense him first and tell us where he is. She's useful in that aspect." Roark said, hiding a smile internally as he remembered the man's earlier words.

((Update: Best case scenario, I won't have wifi outside of school until Tuesday. Hopefully the at&t people can fix it cuz a lot of my homework is online too and I really hate staying after school here -___-))

Edited by makenziec123

Vorthal

Vorthal glared daggers at the angel.

"You don't know these creatures like I do Roark." He said. "If you must, keep her un-imprisoned, let the hellhound roam free. Let's see where that get's us.

"And you," Vorthal continued, rounding on Ruby. "You just keep to yourself. If I get the slightest hint that you are going to try and harm any one of us, I will send you back to the pit."

With that, he stormed off to the other end of the clearing, where he sat down against a tree, keeping his eye on the demoness.

Edited by Narath

Roark was stunned: he had never seen Vorthal so angry before.

"...Should I apologize?" The angel wondered aloud, watching the other man as he trampled the ground beneath his feet to the other end of the clearing.

~~~~~

Luna woke with a start-

"How'd I get over here?" Luna asked quietly, sitting up from the tree trunk she had been leaning against.

She looked and saw Vorthal on the opposite side of the field, practically fuming with anger.

"Should I go over and talk to him…?" She wondered, hoping that Vorthal would give her some kind of sign about whether or not she should leave him alone.

Vorthal

Vorthal sighed as he saw that Luna awoke. He didn't think he was being very loud, but that obviously wasn't the case as he probably woke her up. It wasn't his fault, he couldn't help it, demons were what finally killed his family. His mind went back, remembering how he watched one slowly kill his mother in front of him. Vorthal shuddered, and leaned against the tree. Closing his eyes, he tried to fall asleep, but it was pointless. There was no way he would be able to with those memories replaying in his head over and over again. As he struggled for sleep, a single tear rolled down his cheek.

((OOC: He'd probably like it if Luna did.))

Luna finally decided that he'd probably feel better about whatever was bothering him if he talked to someone, and since nobody else seemed likely to try and comfort him, she stood and quietly walked over.

She sat down beside him, thinking he might be asleep at first, but then she saw a tear roll down his cheek.

"Vorthal?" She whispered, concern for the man written all over her face as she just barely shook his shoulder.

Vorthal

Vorthal looked up with a start as he heard his name accompanied by his shoulder being shaken, and saw Luna, her face riddled with worry.

"Luna, I thought you were asleep." He said. "What are you doing over here?"

"I was, but I woke up. I came over because you looked angry and I thought you might want someone to talk to... And besides, you forgot your blanket." She explained, smiling softly as she returned it.

"Are you alright, Vorthal?" She asked, softly wiping away the tear on his cheek.

Edited by makenziec123

Chessayia growls slightly and stands, her muscles burning. Slowly padding towards the demoness she flicks her tail and yawns. "May I ask what your Master's name is?" She tilts her head, laying down near the demoness, concentrating on a mental block just in case. The chest armor clinks slightly as she settles down.

Vorthal

Vorthal caught her hand as she touched his cheek, and held it there in a firm but gentle grip. He hesitated for a few moments. Should he trust her with his past? Vorthal barely knew her, and yet, he trusted her.

"Yes, yes. I'm just fine." he lied, but then paused.

"No, I'm not fine." Vorthal admitted. "I can't believe that we are allowing this demoness to follow us around. Her kind cannot be trusted."

"What makes you say that?" She asked, wondering what could have hurt him so badly that he hesitated in telling her what was bothering him.

Vorthal

"They..." Vorthal began, before pausing.

How much should he tell her? How much could he tell her? He looked away from hLuna, releasing her hand as he does so. Inside him, many troubled feelings were stirring. He didn't know who he could tell of his past, and how much. Vorthal wanted to tell someone, he wanted to trust people, but it was just so difficult for him.

Edited by Narath

Ruby

Ruby was grateful that Roark offered to watch her, and she held her head again. "Someone.........of great anger and power is watching....he's the reason I was looking around earlier. He's.........I can't tell what he is. Do you know him Roark?" Ruby asked.

James

James chuckled as he was flying around. At first not a thought in his head, then he spotted Barbara amongst the crowd with Roark and Vorthal. He was going to ambush them but decided to wait in the skies, until they all were sleeping.

Luna gave him a reassuring smile and took her hand back."It's alright Vorthal. I won't push you to tell me, but when you're ready, I'll be here. Okay?"

~~~~~

Roark shook his head no to Ruby, but he suspected it might have been Gibraltr getting ready to strike... That banishment was fairly recent though so they shouldn't see him for at least a little longer. And besides, he didn't want to make the others worry.

"I think everyone's pretty tired. You should go to bed too. We don't know when someone might attack, and we won't put up much of a fight if we're too tired to lift our swords." Roark grinned, trying to lighten the mood a little.

"Don't worry about that presence from before Ruby. I'll take first watch." He reassured her.