AlexisV

I Bit a GON and I liked it...

164 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

DO IT im really curious of the bite would actually work/if you could summon another gon/etc

if youre willing to do it go 4 it man

Erm if it turns into a zombie and still counts as a GON, then what's the difference of biting it and turning it into a vampire? That was my point the whole time. You wouldn't be able to get a GoN after that >.>;

So I guess you're left with just one GoN and a vampire/zombie GoN without proof it's a GoN?

I don't have the proof for the GON.But I do have a vamp which is turned from a sweetling(http://dragcave.net/lineage/AE32i).

I do have two Sweetlings now and this vamp,and this vamp is sorted with other vamp So I believe the GON will be the same case.

As Erica8798 said,the zombie is sorted as the original breed,so it counts as the original breed.

That's what I know.

If you are going to bite it, at least do it for SCIENCE! there's so many questions regarding this process (will the summon BSA return once it turns into a vamp, Can you even successfully bite it, and so on), at least do it for curiosity's sake. xd.png

Yes,you can bite it.

When you have your GON egg,you will find it on the list when you use the bite action.

Edited by Mercury

Why would anyone want to bite an egg that's so rare and so hard to get? huh.gif

The end result is no different to biting a common egg.

I think you shouldn't do it. There is no sense! I don't even have one. If I'll be lucky enough to get it. I wont do itX)

I think it's slightly pointless...

If you want a CB Vamp, then any random common egg will do that. If you want to GoN off your scroll, why did you summon it in the first place? If you're doing it in an attempt to be different, then that's a bit sad. If you're doing it for the sake of it, then I feel it is kinda rubbing it in the faces of those who have yet to summon, as what's the point of it?

I have nothing against people vamping, zombying, freezing or neglecting rares as long as they have some kind of purpose behind it. But doing it just for the sake of it is just wrong imo.

That's inaccurate, because it's based of the assumption that everyone keeps both GoNs they summon. If one of your GoNs dies/is bitten/released, you can summon another ^^'

That is inaccurate. A friend of mine tried to neglect her second GoN, and still couldn't summon a month later (you know her actually tongue.gif). Still can't as far as I know.

There was some report about how you can resummon...but only after the code your late GoN had comes back into the system and is reused.

Edited by PerfectLulu

What consenting players do with their pixel dragons is their business and not for public discussion or opinion.

If you are going to bite it, at least do it for SCIENCE! there's so many questions regarding this process (will the summon BSA return once it turns into a vamp, Can you even successfully bite it, and so on), at least do it for curiosity's sake. xd.png

This!

I couldn't bear to do it - it took me forever to get my first GoN and I'm working on my second - but I totally understand that some people might like to do this. I wouldn't take it as a slap in the face; it genuinely is just a game and everyone had different goals. I would just like to know all the data if they do get a successful bite. laugh.gif

I think biting a GON is pointless. It took me about a year of summoning to get my first GON. It's not like there is anything to be able to see what breed the vampire was, it could have been a mint or a stone or a magi or a gold for all anyone knows. What point does it serve? But at least biting a GON doesn't mess up anyone's lineage like zombifying a holiday could. So I say go for it if you really want to. But I'm not going to do it.

What consenting players do with their pixel dragons is their business and not for public discussion or opinion.

Very true, but AlexisV asked "would YOU bite one of your GON eggs?". wink.gif

Yes! this is why I thought of it in the first place. I'd never heard of anyone doing it, and just wondered if I could.

I like to do stuff just to see 'what happens if...?' (I've broken quite a few RPG quests this way)

---

I bit my GON and liked it!

Yep, I really did, and it turned successfully. (I had unusually good success vamping last night, or I wouldn't have tried.)

Proof:

Ready to bite

Post bite, ready to incubate

(I'm fully aware that altering these photos is absurdly easy, if I had any way to show better proof I would.)

Congrats on your success.

I would be terribly tempted to bite mine if I ever manage to summon it, but that is because it has frustrated me for so long and I think I deserve a little revenge.

Yeah, I've actually never been so nervous about doing anything on DA tongue.gif

I have to say I don't agree with biting something breedable and rare, like a holly. That just denies others a chance at getting the eggs it could have bred, in my mind. (same reason I don't freeze holidays, except Halloweens)

(IMHO) GONS are fairly worthless, aside from the achievment of actually getting both of them. I understand why others don't want to bite them since they've worked so hard, I'm just not one of those people.

Edited by AlexisV

Well if it does hold that biting it allows you to keep summoning, which it should, that can be a benefit to folks who enjoy pushing the button every two weeks. The "fun" never has to end. wink.gif

And yep, I agree with you; they are pretty much worthless. Pretty sprite, but they offer no value in breeding and unlike a neglected, there is no skill involved in getting them, just pure luck, so they lose the feeling of accomplishment. That's just me though. *nods*

Edited by Sir Barton

I wonder if it WILL remember who it was, like a zombie, and count against the limit....

My second GoN grew up a month ago, and I can't see how trying anything like this would have improved the experience. Why risk destroying such special gifts? Vamps are easy to get, the Guardians of Nature are not.

Good Lord! I've been trying for years to catch the Legendary Trio, and finally I have them all. Now I'm trying to summon the Guardian of Nature. If I'm lucky enough to get one, I will kiss him/her and love him/her, and call him/her George, or Georgina. And then I'd be thrilled to pieces if I finally got two of them. No way would I turn either of them into Vampires. This makes no sense to me.

ETA: This reminds me of the guy who won a Gold Medal at the Olympics and had it bronzed. :-)))

Edited by Jennie

Nope, I wouldn't bite my GoN (if I summoned one tongue.gif ).

...Boring answer is boring.

Edited by Dimar

I wouldn't bite one of my GoNs either (but then I don't bite much at all anymore).

Nope. GoNs are difficult to summon, sometimes taking years to get one, while vamps are a dime a dozen. I don't even bite at all anymore because it is just so easy to pick one up off the AP rather than risk losing a slot for 24 hours(I was never very lucky at biting, I always had a high kill ratio).

And yep, I agree with you; they are pretty much worthless. Pretty sprite, but they offer no value in breeding and unlike a neglected, there is no skill involved in getting them, just pure luck, so they lose the feeling of accomplishment. That's just me though. *nods*

I kinda agree with you. I had two GoNs before I had any golds... possibly any silvers. I would listen to all these players with dozens or hundreds of super "valued" dragons or lineages discuss and complain about their "plight" and I would kinda wonder if they would be willing to trade places tongue.gif

OMG! you're a brave one xd.png

i woudn't bite a GoN unless it'd be a life or death situation! xd.png

(but i did try to zombify a vamp and to neglect a vampire. neither of both worked *facepalm*)