AlexisV

I Bit a GON and I liked it...

164 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I just summoned my second Guardian of Nature egg, and realized that I could vamp it if I wanted to. Haven't done it but I'm tempted to. I'm not terribly interested in a second GON, since there's no dimorphism.

I would have guessed it wasn't possible, but DA's Wiki says there's nothing against biting them, so I assume it really can be done.

Just out of curiosity, would YOU bite one of your GON eggs?

EDIT:

I bit my GON and liked it! Yep, I really did, and it turned successfully. (I had unusually good success vamping last night, or I wouldn't have tried.) Proof:

Ready to bite

Post bite, ready to incubate

For Science! -----------------

Here's what I've found about vamping a GON:

I already have one adult GON. I summoned a second.

- It is possible to vamp them! When you summon a GON, vamps are allowed to bite the egg. I successfully bit my egg and it turned.

- After I turned my second GON egg, the summoning BSA was available on my legendary trios. (albeit on cooldown)

Edited by AlexisV

I did kill my second GoN. I would probably not mind biting whenever I summon the next one, but I might find something else to do with it wink.gif

Edited by Aquenee

I wouldn't bite mine. I actually like the hatchies so I may just freeze the premature and mature hatchling instead of letting it go into an adult lol. Wish we could have 3. D:

No,I won't.

In fact,it doesn't matter which egg the vamp comes from.it's vamp.

Once you turn the GON into vamp,you'll have another chance to summon,I think.

Bite it! I've bitten holidays and valentines before, since the date stamp (when it was caught) is a nifty reminder for a vampire, and that I could name them 'I was a <insert holiday and date here>'. Although I don't know how well that would work with a GoN, since there's no proof it was a GoN before it's bitten.

No,I won't.

In fact,it doesn't matter which egg the vamp comes from.it's vamp.

Once you turn the GON into vamp,you'll have another chance to summon,I think.

Uhm, I believe you only have another chance to make another summon if that was your first GON. It won't let you summon again if you already had 1 and then did something to the second. I think I read that in Wiki, I'll have to check.

Yeah, it's here: "If you summon successfully twice, the BSA will disappear."

Edited by Saynna

I wouldn't bite it for the simple fact that it can take years to summon a GoN, while vamps are available year round.

I wouldn't bite it. There's a good chance the bite will fail, and you'll kill the egg.

Plus, you're only allowed 2 GONs. If you bite it, and then change your mind and want a 2nd GON in the future, there's a good chance you won't be able to summon any more, cos you've already had 2. ninja.gif

Uhm, I believe you only have another chance to make another summon if that was your first GON. It won't let you summon again if you already had 1 and then did something to the second. I think I read that in Wiki, I'll have to check.

Yeah, it's here: "If you summon successfully twice, the BSA will disappear."

That's inaccurate, because it's based of the assumption that everyone keeps both GoNs they summon. If one of your GoNs dies/is bitten/released, you can summon another ^^'

Edited by Erica8798

Nooo. :V

I don't even like vampires and there wouldn't really be any point even if I did, it'd be exactly the same as any other vampire dragon if it even succeeded. :L

Edited by Pika_Oi

I wouldn't, and to be honest, I'd have a rather low opinion of someone who did. Yes, it's just a game, and you can play it as you want, but a lot of the time the attitude behind biting rares seems to be "Oh, you don't have this *insert rare thing here*? Well I have so many of them that I vampirize them for fun! Nyah nyah nyah, remember it's just a game!" Well, yes, it is, but that doesn't mean you have to be a jerk and rub it in the faces of those who might not play as well as you and really wish they could get a shot at rares period. I remember one time in the IRC some people were teasing those without Hollies about how they were debating biting theirs... very rude. :/

Yes yes, GoNs are scroll locked and not really skill based in collecting, but it still feels like a snicker at all the unfortunate saps who've been trying years to get one and are still luckless.

Never. Why to destroy months, years of hard work? Get a common and bite it instead. <.<

/me nopes away

It took me almost 3 years to get my first GoN, and I'm pretty sure I'll have to wait that long again for the second one.

NO WAY I'm going to bite, kill or release it! tongue.gif

Would I bite a GoN? No, of course not. I can have as many Vampires as I want without lowering the number of GoNs I can have by 50%.

There is no point in biting a GoN egg, even if it isn't killed or repulsed you can't even really prove it used to be a GoN, if bragging about it is what you want...

That's inaccurate, because it's based of the assumption that everyone keeps both GoNs they summon. If one of your GoNs dies/is bitten/released, you can summon another ^^'

That's right,the only case that you can't summon is you turn your GON into a zombie which still counts as a GON.

That's right,the only case that you can't summon is you turn your GON into a zombie which still counts as a GON.

Erm if it turns into a zombie and still counts as a GON, then what's the difference of biting it and turning it into a vampire? That was my point the whole time. You wouldn't be able to get a GoN after that >.>;

So I guess you're left with just one GoN and a vampire/zombie GoN without proof it's a GoN?

Erm if it turns into a zombie and still counts as a GON, then what's the difference of biting it and turning it into a vampire? That was my point the whole time. You wouldn't be able to get a GoN after that >.>;

So I guess you're left with just one GoN and a vampire/zombie GoN without proof it's a GoN?

When you Zombifiy a dragon, it still retains what dragon it used to be. For example, my Zombie used to be an Albino. If I use "sort by breed", my Zombie will be automatically sorted with my Albinos. This is not true for Vampires.

You should always be able to summon if you have less than two GoNs.

I killed my second GoN quite a while ago, and am still completely and fully capable of attempting to summon another. The same exact thing will happen if you turn it into a vampire: It will be a vampire, not a GoN, and you will have your BSA back to be able to summon again. I don't know if this is true for Zombies, though. tongue.gif

On another note, can you actually turn a GoN?

Wiki: "Unbreedables, Drakes and dragons that can only mate within their own breeds cannot be "turned" by the Bite BSA, but all other eggs currently can."

GoN is unbreedable, so I'm not sure what to think right now hehe.

Well, if it would increase MY chances of finally getting a GoN, I would actively encourage anybody else to have theirs bitten. I'm evil, I suppose.

Originally I would have said I wouldn't bite my GON. And I really wouldn't have cared what you did with yours.

But this thread has changed my mind. I'm going to bite mine, and I think you should bite yours, too.

Considering how ridiculously long it has taken me to get my first GoN despite having lots of trios, I don't think so, no. I'm quite interested to freeze the hatchling sprite from the second GON and that requirement far overrides any curiosity I have to bite a GoN.

I wouldn't, but I'm still in the process of trying to track down another Ice egg because my girl refuses to breed. If you really want to, go for it.

I've done worse. I viewbombed my first GoN to death.

And - I liked it. biggrin.gif

Edited by whitebaron

If you are going to bite it, at least do it for SCIENCE! there's so many questions regarding this process (will the summon BSA return once it turns into a vamp, Can you even successfully bite it, and so on), at least do it for curiosity's sake. xd.png

Edited by Iya_kin