eritated

Block Specific Users From Offering on Trade Links

That wasn't a advertisement it was a simple statement.

Also not everyone can read proper english at times so people can make mistakes. Being tired and misclicking can be issues. Touchy phones and iPads can make up for issues too. It's simple enough as is without a block list. Don't wanna see it click decline. Just one click and the offer is gone it comes back repeat.

Like I said before this can be severely abused by people who just either don't like the user for some reason or just don't want to see that offering again and just block out of spite. This system would not work well at all. It would be used to abuse and if someone was bad enough they could start blacklisting people. Can you see the chaos that would start?

Pretty much this. It would be really easy to actually intend to offer what you want, but offer the other egg of the same type that they have. To me this likely wouldn't actually SOLVE anything as chances are that you rarely get the same person offering what you don't want and really, it is NOT hard to hit decline.

So are you saying that "luxury problems" are less important than other people's problems? I don't see how having "items of great value" makes it any less valid than if I were trading a few common hatchlings.

No, a luxury problem is not necessarily less important than any other. But it's a problem that only a very small number of players may suffer from.

That being said I must admit I find it strange that you offer a 4th gen shimmer, want a 2nd or 3rd gen shimmer in return and start all this fuss because you got something of a higher generation. So, it's either giving you something better for your offer, or not bother you at all because you sure don't want to give something better for something less valuable? blink.gif

That wasn't a advertisement it was a simple statement.

Also not everyone can read proper english at times so people can make mistakes. Being tired and misclicking can be issues. Touchy phones and iPads can make up for issues too. It's simple enough as is without a block list. Don't wanna see it click decline. Just one click and the offer is gone it comes back repeat.

Like I said before this can be severely abused by people who just either don't like the user for some reason or just don't want to see that offering again and just block out of spite. This system would not work well at all. It would be used to abuse and if someone was bad enough they could start blacklisting people. Can you see the chaos that would start?

I understand your point and where you're coming from. Not sure of what you mean about the blacklisting part. Could you elaborate on that?

No, a luxury problem is not necessarily less important than any other. But it's a problem that only a very small number of players may suffer from.

That being said I must admit I find it strange that you offer a 4th gen shimmer, want a 2nd or 3rd gen shimmer in return and start all this fuss because you got something of a higher generation. So, it's either giving you something better for your offer, or not bother you at all because you sure don't want to give something better for something less valuable? blink.gif

That is not what I was doing at all. I was just trying to trade a 4th gen Shimmer, and I was trying to make a point that I only keep 2nd and 3rd gen Shimmers, so, since I don't keep 4th gen+, please do not offer them in the trade. I don't know why you think I was trying to get a 2nd/3rd gen for a 4th gen. That would just be silly xd.png

What Erica was probably saying is don't offer high gen shimmers (or shimmers in this case) at all since she has other wants listed (I think I saw that trade), because no one would offer 3rd gen for high gen and she doesn't need higher than that. Happens to me often when I trade really high gen shimmers like 8G or over and just asking for simple stuff like cb uncommon eggs, but people would offer shimmerswap anyway, even if I say I'm not looking for shimmer higher than 5G. It's like saying I don't want a shimmer for this trade, I want this and this instead, but I'll accept a shimmer in rare chance it meets condition xyz. That's a common problem with shimmer trades, it doesn't happen to me with any other trades.

Edited by Amaterasu-sama

Then I apologize for misunderstanding. It sure sounded this way to me.

I understand your point and where you're coming from. Not sure of what you mean about the blacklisting part. Could you elaborate on that? 

Blacklisting is used on the trading threads. If you mess up so many times or promise something you and don't pay up, get put on a black list which means you cannot ever offer an egg to anyone on that thread.

So let's say that person A offers a trade and they discuss it through PMs with person B. Well person A doesn't have what person B wants and makes it a IOU. Person A decides to scam person B and then person B goes to the thread OP tells them about being scammed and person A is put on a blacklist so people don't trade with them anymore.

^This can be seriously abused. If say person B just doesn't like person A at all she can try to convince everyone she knows to block you. Resulting in you losing people to trade with for almost no reason at all. If the person has enough pull here say it was a artist or mod (not saying they would do this just an example) they could have lots of people convinced to block said person destroying their game play style.

There are people out here who think it is fun to try to kill a few of your hatchlings and eggs as is. Don't you think those same people would turn around and start trying to do something like I mentioned above?

Edited by demonicvampiregirl

How hard it is to press decline?+1

It's not like the forum where there may be hostile/inappropriate language, etc. in PM and you want to block someone. It's only offers of eggs/hatchlings.

I'm not saying it's a terrible idea, I'm just saying TJ is busy(lazy) and I believe he should focus on more important things, such as cave blocker problem, hourly lag and description mods (or get a coder to help him).

I rarely get trade offers at all. I see why you'd want the feature, but it does feel like a blacklist.

I get spam offers on all kinds of things, and I definitely would love to block annoying users. +1 Support

Are you guys really getting enough random offers for this to be an issue? To the contrary, I'm finding that so few people are actively trading anymore that I hardly ever get more than one or two offers a day anymore even when I'm offering a CB metal.

Are you guys really getting enough random offers for this to be an issue? To the contrary, I'm finding that so few people are actively trading anymore that I hardly ever get more than one or two offers a day anymore even when I'm offering a CB metal.

I have had no less than 8 offers by the same person just tonight. I keep rejecting. They keep trying different combinations of the same damn things. I don't want ANY of what they've offered, and I'm getting sick of rejecting over and over again.

Just ignore them. If you leave one of their offers they can't offer again, plus the eggs are stuck in your trade until they remove their offer.

I would rather have TJ working on more pressing site wide issues. I'm sorry that this seems to be a problem for some folks, but with the decline feature in place at least you have a solution to an unwanted offer. There are other issues that don't yet have any form of solution that would be more prudent to resolve.

I will have to join the majority on this one that are stood in the corner of "nope".

The reasons I'm going to have to say no is just what everyone else has stated really.

I don't think it's that hard to just press the decline button, or leave the offer in trade so they cannot keep re-offering. I also think it could be limiting in future trades. I know this would be the fault of the person who has declined, but I'd rather see TJ spending him time on doing something that is going to be more satisfying to a larger user population.

I'm against the auto-refuse too, since there have been many times I've taken offers that strayed from original asking guidelines because they were too pretty to refuse. :3

I personally wouldn't permaban a user, that'd be like cutting my nose off to spite my face later on if they did have something I asked for.

How about a 24-hour block on that user trading with you?

That would take care of the "don't darken my door again you lowlife lousy-scroll user no matter what you're offering" for many trades, while not completely blacklisting that user from offering to you forever.

Even if it were just 24 hours, I don't see myself ever using it. I regularly get offers of things I specifically say I don't want - like tinsel & shimmer bloodswaps - but I just decline them.

Edited by WinstonGA

Mabye there could be a bit where you select the type, and lineage, of the item you want, and if someone offers different, their offer is automatically declined?

So, what about this idea?

I could move this to a different thread.

I think the automatically declined idea would be a bear to code since there are just too many variables in relation to lineages as well as dragon type... and then you could be missing out on an opportunity at something really cool that you didn't know you wanted because it was auto declined.

Still rather see TJ's time spent on more pressing problems that are outside of user control instead of trying to "fix" something that is easily controlled by the individual. If a player wants to trade, I think it should be up to the player to manage their trade instead of letting the site do it for them.

Edited by Sir Barton

I think the automatically declined idea would be a bear to code since there are just too many variables in relation to lineages as well as dragon type... and then you could be missing out on an opportunity at something really cool that you didn't know you wanted because it was auto declined.

Still rather see TJ's time spent on more pressing problems that are outside of user control instead of trying to "fix" something that is easily controlled by the individual. If a player wants to trade, I think it should be up to the player to manage their trade instead of letting the site do it for them.

While I don't think it is up to us to dictate how TJ's time is spent, I do agree that such a thing would be very complicated, if it can even be done. I don't know if there is a way for it to say, exclude a shimmer with holidays in the lineage because you don't want one. It is likely to be able to distinguish between CB and bred, but I doubt it could be more specific than that.

I have to agree with the no's on this one. Now this may because I enjoy seeing what people offer and what they consider valuable. The other thing to keep in mind is some people are still learning the trading game and frankly because it is not a static thing fluctuation occur making it difficult. Finally some people just have different ideas about value and probably do not think they are offering "crap" dragons (by the way I absolutely hate that term).

blocking users = forum related.

block trades = site-related.

don't get them mixed up.

and frankly, it's not a viable option with all of the data requests already being sent out, so if you have an idea of how to make sure it minimizes the strain, then please do share. and it's also not a viable option because the sheer number of users that could be blocked could easily keep most of the forum out of trades for a long time if someone threw a hissy fit (or a lot of people did over something stupid and decided to block most of the people that agreed with said views).

Edited by Ashes The Second

It seems TJ doesn't listen to any suggestions made, really, and just does whatever he wants, so I suppose it's all pointless anyways.

So, what about this idea?

I could move this to a different thread.

I think that CB/not CB and egg/hatchling and possibly even breed might be a workable idea. But lineage trades can get pretty specific. Even if you're asking for a low gen Shimmer, many, many players won't accept something that's not perfect stair-step, spiral, or even gen. And what about how many breeds are involved. When I'm trading for even gens, I'm usually looking for 2 breed checkers, so things with 3 breeds or mirrors wouldn't work, and the site would have to be able to check for all of that.

So a really basic auto-decline system might not be too bad to set up, but I do agree with Sir Barton that, at some point, people are just going to have to be willing to manage their own trades, so there's always going to be the potential to be mildly annoyed.

Also, blocking people tends to cause bad feelings. I think that there are situations where it should definitely be available because it prevents more problems than the ill will than it can cause, but it seems kind of extreme to implement it for an issue that, generally speaking, just tends to bug people a bit, as opposed to the issues that lead to blocking on forums.

It seems TJ doesn't listen to any suggestions made, really, and just does whatever he wants, so I suppose it's all pointless anyways.

Have to admit that argument probably carries more weight when we're not discussing an entire system that was built in response to user suggestions.

Edited by skauble

So, that pertains to the discussion how? If you do not think this will go anywhere, a mod ca be requested to lock it. If you want to continue discussion, then fine, but shoving out loaded questions in the hopes that users get riled up and leave seems counter-intuitive?

edit: nowe that I've given my .02, I think I'll leave. Good luck with this suggestion.

Edited by Ashes The Second

So, that pertains to the discussion how? If you do not think this will go anywhere, a mod ca be requested to lock it. If you want to continue discussion, then fine, but shoving out loaded questions in the hopes that users get riled up and leave seems counter-intuitive?

edit: nowe that I've given my .02, I think I'll leave. Good luck with this suggestion.

It pertains to the discussion because people are saying they'd rather TJ spend his time on other things. I wasn't trying to "get users riled up", I was just making a statement.

I think that block someone could be too much severe and restrictive for future offers, but there is a way to say even more clearly what are you looking for.

If there could be a little space where post your requests and some trading information it would be VERY clearly what are you want.

There are already boxes where you can write something in DC;

Dragons description or account link for example.

With the implementation of this feature, however, it must be clear that what is written must be respected

Could be a solution? It's possible?

user posted image

Edited by Naruhina_94