eritated

Block Specific Users From Offering on Trade Links

I personally would not use this in all likelihood, though I could see it being useful for people like the OP who get bombarded with requests that are specifically things that they do not want by the same few people over and over- I would not mind if this were implemented, though I do not see it being overly practical. I have put up trades clearly stating "I do not want X" and found exactly 'X' in the offers before, so I do know how irritating this can be, however, I would rather not block that user to avoid upsetting them and on the chance that they may have a good trade in the future. Blocking others would likely only make them inclined to block you in return, or may encourage repeat offenders to multi-scroll to get their offer in and seen if they can not do it from their 'blocked' account.

A basic block feature may not be able to do anything for lineages, but one of my trade no-no's is typically 'no vampires and no brimstones.' Nothing against these breeds, they're just not my thing. If there were an option to auto-decline trades that consisted ONLY of these breeds, I would certainly use it. "Just a vampire? Just a brim? Vamp+brim? Declined. Vamp+White? Wait for manual decline." If looking for specific lineages of a specific sort of breed, this could also be toggled to reject breeds that the requester is not looking for and allow them to check the lineages themselves on offers that come through. Bad offers would still get through, certainly, but this could help cut down on them. The issue would be that, yes, this would likely be a pain to code and may not be practical at all to implement as a result.

Either way, I'm happy to continue manually declining.

I like the temporary [24 hour] ban idea best. It solves the problem of someone making a pest of themselves on your current trade(s), but if they actually have what you want in a trade next week they can offer it.

I like the temporary [24 hour] ban idea best. It solves the problem of someone making a pest of themselves on your current trade(s), but if they actually have what you want in a trade next week they can offer it.

I like this idea too. I wouldn't mind this kind of a ban put in place.

I doubt I'd ever personally use this (I only get a few spam offers and it's easy to ignore them,) but if people really want such a change, I'd prefer a temporary ban over a perma-ban or some convoluted auto-decline system. It's hard enough to find trading partners these days, so I wouldn't want to unnecessarily complicate the system just to stop a few people from sending useless offers.

Naruhina:

Some may argue that this system may be abused by people who post eggspam/inappropriate content/whatever.

What about a drop-down list where you can choose "breed: x & x & x " and "lineage: CB/nice lineage/all lineage" or something like that?

Naruhina:

Some may argue that this system may be abused by people who post eggspam/inappropriate content/whatever.

What about a drop-down list where you can choose "breed: x & x & x " and "lineage: CB/nice lineage/all lineage" or something like that?

Yes, some like a pre made ​​table, where you can choose only some voices.

smile.gif

Granted, (speaking from my personal viewpoint,) I don't have things like CB Prize dragons or the ability to catch CB Golds or Blusangs for trades, (not that I'd trade the latter, lol) so don't tend to have the sort of trades up that might result in dozens of unsuitable trade offers on a daily basis, but sometimes practically all I get for trade offers ARE Blockers/messy lineaged AP eggs.

I tend to feel badly about turning them down, since they're probably new people, young children, somebody who misunderstood/mixed up my trade post with that of another, or somebody who selected the wrong egg without knowing it, and in any event they almost certainly don't have much or wouldn't be making what appear to be desperation offers for my (too-rarely, lol) bred Golds or whatever, or on specified Shimmer-swaps for 1st eggs from dragons, when the others are already mentally slated for gifting to a list I've made for them.

Having to turn inappropriate offers down because of needing a specific dragon or whatever does make me dislike getting such offers, and wish they wouldn't occur, because of the way that makes me feel.

And yes, it's also disappointing, but when you deal with people, you do, unfortunately, have to deal with such things...

Plus, there are so many other things we variously hope that TJ would find time/the wish to achieve that would reduce chronic annoyance for a much larger pool of people, (like an adaptable Fog/unFog all option,) that don't require a single action to reject.

But I suppose that if people want to cut themselves off from prospective offers upon receiving one they don't like, it's their prospective loss.

Edit: just saw love_HP's suggestion of a drop-down table which would also auto-reject types of offers rather than specific people - sounds great!

One can't cover all contingencies for highly specific wants, but then again, any set list might also be be blocking the 2nd gen Shimmer somebody was generously going to offer you, except that offers of CBs only were being accepted.

Edited by Syphoneira

yes and then somebody offer to you a wonderful 2nd gen Red from Holly CB father and Red Mother or a Thuwed common but second gen or maybe a 2nd gen common from ALT sprite (as Sweetling) and you would be the one who rejected it xd.png

It's dangerous. I would never use it. The problem is when somebody try to do many times the same offer. It wouldn't be more simple if you cannot do 3 times the same offer?

(You still could offer the same eggs 2 times, because the trade could be accidentally canceled)

Edited by Naruhina_94

There have been times when I've thought I'd put in an offer to discover that I hadn't, due to no trade offer showing on the page for that dragon/those dragons when I checked/put through another trade and then laughed at myself and put it through, only to have it either not go through, or be immediately rejected, but with no notice stating it'd been rejected, so likely tried again, since so many of my clicks fail to go through - so was I spamming someone with multiple unwanted offers all unknowing?

There have been times when I've thought I'd put in an offer to discover that I hadn't, due to no trade offer showing on the page for that dragon/those dragons when I checked/put through another trade and then laughed at myself and put it through, only to have it either not go through, or be immediately rejected, but with no notice stating it'd been rejected, so likely tried again, since so many of my clicks fail to go through - so was I spamming someone with multiple unwanted offers all unknowing?

Are you talking with me? Sorry, I wasn't able to understand what you mean, english is not my native language and there are few points on this text xd.png

yes and then somebody offer to you a wonderful 2nd gen Red from Holly CB father and Red Mother or a Thuwed common but second gen or maybe a 2nd gen common from ALT sprite (as Sweetling) and you would be the one who rejected it xd.png

It's dangerous. I would never use it. The problem is when somebody try to do many times the same offer. It wouldn't be more simple if you cannot do 3 times the same offer?

(You still could offer the same eggs 2 times, because the trade could be accidentally canceled)

How about this: one user can only make an offer to a trade for 3 times

This stops random trolls who offer different "trash" on shimmer over and over, and if you're trading with your friends, but you accidentally hit the wrong button three times...you can always cancel your trade and make a new one for your friend.

How about this: one user can only make an offer to a trade for 3 times

This stops random trolls who offer different "trash" on shimmer over and over, and if you're trading with your friends, but you accidentally hit the wrong button three times...you can always cancel your trade and make a new one for your friend.

I like this idea. It seems like it would solve the OPs issue, without being prone to the kind of abuse that people in this thread seem worried about. /2cents

Updated the OP with all your new suggestions (:

I do like the idea of the "each user can only offer on a teleport link 3 times" and the 24 ban. Although I think it would be better if you could ban them for 48 hours instead of 24, as most people seem to have their trades up for longer than 24 hours. Or maybe you can control how long they're banned for?

If they start being a pest again after the 24 hours passes, ban them again. xP

The offer limit is a good idea too. Although when I have lots of different things I could offer I tend to send the user a PM instead and just ask, since offering different combinations of what I have would make me a pest, and take a lot of time.

I'm all for improving the site, but this idea is not good in my opinion. It affects such a very, VERY small group of select people and would only serve to throwing gas on the already big fire. Basically, it's a DC version of "Rich People Problems". Hitting the Decline link isn't hard and isn't out of your way if you're watching your trade.

I'm not even concerned about the coding or the time that TJ would have to put into it. I'm concerned about the amount of people who will be banned for the "audacity" of trying to trade something you don't consider worthy or, as love_HP put, "trash". You know how many fights this will cause? You know how much more drama this will throw into the already "Rich Get Richer, Poorer get Poorer" rarity system that DC currently has?

The "rarity" system needs to be fixed before I would even consider this a logical idea. Sorry, but "I have this egg that everyone wants but I keep getting offers I don't want, I want to ban them all" mentality is not something I can get behind. It's something only a very small percentage of the site effects and would add nothing, only take away from. And it would make an already not very friendly site, even less friendly.

Edited by MysticTiger

Are you talking with me? Sorry, I wasn't able to understand what you mean, english is not my native language and there are few points on this text xd.png

Sorry, no, was just recalling that during periods where I was doing several things at once or frequently called away, there have been times when I've thought I've put in an offer and haven't, so put it through then - or possibly HAD put it through and had an immediate rejection and been a pest, and I'll never know which, lol.

And I know at least a couple of times, to my embarrassment, I've forgotten which dragons I've offered on already and done it again!

A lot of insomniacs play DC...

If something like that happened several times a year to say, half the playing population during busy times when they were tired/unwell, among the however many thousands of trading interactions, even just that would add up in duplicate unwanted offers - but I'm afraid that after-the-fact bannings of offers from that person after 3 reps wouldn't stop the annoyance, which would be finished by then anyway. laugh.gif

But, yeah, a limit of a maximum of 3 offers on one trade link from one source certainly would eliminate excessive unwanted offers over that number from any single person.

And if they had repeated opportunities to upgrade offers, through lucky catches and/or breeding, on a trade link where people were left waiting for days and were willing to wait, they could probably PM the person with any 4th improved offer and figure out work-arounds if they agreed on a trade.

Are there that many people actually leaving trades up that long now?

It sounds, from some comments, as though there are - I personally wouldn't want to risk wasting trade fodder by waiting so long for an uncertain result, but then again, it's not so often that I have anything I'd consider to be really good, and probably never do by some people's criteria, lol.

But when I had trade offers up, I tried not to keep people waiting too long and thereby force them to miss out on other trades as a result - seems pretty rude to do that, to me, unless no suitable offers have been made, which happens.

The ideal trade, from my view, is settled within an hour or so, and then everybody gets on with things.

And in that case, there also aren't days passing in which people can more likely become confused as to what they've offered on already among similar posts/dragons, forgetting who they've tried or perhaps sending different offers to see if they might suit, since it's been up so long.

When you're dealing with people, mistakes are going occur, and it's best to realize this and be prepared for it.

But then again, I like people and have to deal with more of my own silly errors than those of others, so I'm used to them, lol.

It's seems like we've moved on to a different problem. And although I didn't support a ban for the original problem (people offering what you don't ask for), that is something that has happened to plenty of people. But is this new one (people making 4 or more "terrible" offers on the same trade) really an issue for that many players? Because it seems like we've moved from what was a small problem to one that's kind of tiny.

And if it really is an issue for a lot of players, I think that this is the best idea:

Just ignore them.  If you leave one of their offers they can't offer again, plus the eggs are stuck in your trade until they remove their offer.

Whether this idea goes anywhere or not, I know I will never use it. I'm lucky to get the few offers I do on my trades. I very rarely make offers on other people's trades as I'm tired of having my offers being declined in trade after trade after trade. Sorry I can't offer your top request, but I don't offer "trash" and it was mentioned on your request list. I can't help it that I can't catch cb rares or have any 2nd or 3rd gen Shimmers or have Holiday lineages. But I have some very nice dragons and I am proud of them.

So people, keep on making your offers on my trades! I consider all and you never know what I'll accept! And unless your trade simply states "Offers!" under "WANT:", you won't be bothered by my undesirable offers.

Have you ever considered that maybe your signature isn't very clear?

"I am not interested in Shimmers higher than third gen. Please do not offer higher gens in trades. "

'Higher' doesn't mean the same thing to everyone. Perhaps people think by 'higher' you mean generations 1-3. I tend to think of it that way because of the way lineages are set up, with the first generation at the top, and thus 'higher' than the other generations.

I'm all for improving the site, but this idea is not good in my opinion. It affects such a very, VERY small group of select people and would only serve to throwing gas on the already big fire. Basically, it's a DC version of "Rich People Problems". Hitting the Decline link isn't hard and isn't out of your way if you're watching your trade.

I'm not even concerned about the coding or the time that TJ would have to put into it. I'm concerned about the amount of people who will be banned for the "audacity" of trying to trade something you don't consider worthy or, as love_HP put, "trash". You know how many fights this will cause? You know how much more drama this will throw into the already "Rich Get Richer, Poorer get Poorer" rarity system that DC currently has?

The "rarity" system needs to be fixed before I would even consider this a logical idea. Sorry, but "I have this egg that everyone wants but I keep getting offers I don't want, I want to ban them all" mentality is not something I can get behind. It's something only a very small percentage of the site effects and would add nothing, only take away from. And it would make an already not very friendly site, even less friendly.

Personally I never got any offer that looks like "intentional trolling" or whatever, and if I see something I don't want, I use decline. I stated in Trading Thread that I want PB 3gen ice along with other things, and got a messy ice offer, and this happened two times. I was like "I understand some people find my 1-line list tl;dr but if they only saw Ice and didn't see 3g PB I've no idea how they managed that". But it isn't really a problem to me; I use decline.

Although I don't mind whether this is implemented or not because I won't be using it anyway, I don't think it will cause drama.

If one can only offer on one link 3 times, I don't see how this can change the way how people trade or values of eggs or anything.

Edited by love_HP

Please, make that 3 rejected trade offers.

some people change their offers when theres no reaction, last week I asked for cb crimson hatchies and got only an offer of a single one and of other hatchies. One of the traders changed/upgraded his/her offer quite some times, and I ended up accepting those 4 grey opals when in fact I was just waiting for an offer of 2 crimsons to appear..

Personally I never got any offer that looks like "intentional trolling" or whatever, and if I see something I don't want, I use decline. I stated in Trading Thread that I want PB 3gen ice along with other things, and got a messy ice offer, and this happened two times. I was like "I understand some people find my 1-line list tl;dr but if they only saw Ice and didn't see 3g PB I've no idea how they managed that". But it isn't really a problem to me; I use decline.

Although I don't mind whether this is implemented or not because I won't be using it anyway, I don't think it will cause drama.

If one can only offer on one link 3 times, I don't see how this can change the way how people trade or values of eggs or anything.

I think that one thing that may be overlooked here is that if some people are offering more than three times on a trade, and adjusting their offer every time to try to make it better, there may be some people who really like that.

What is annoying to one person may be a way that other people get the very best trade possible. While some trades are super specific, many, many of them include a request for "offers" or a whole list of acceptable eggs/hatchlings. In that case, a little trade haggling can be a great thing for the trader who is looking to get the best deal and is negotiating via the trade link.

Say a trader asks for CB hatchling offers, so person offers 1 hatchling, but the trader thinks it's not enough, so the the person offers 2, and so on up to 4. That 4 hatchling offer may end up being the best they get or even exactly what they want.

Or what about a person offering some of the eggs on the list, but the trader declined the offer because they have a few offer with eggs they like more. If the person offering keeps changing up their offer to include better eggs, the trader may welcome that.

Or possibly the trader asks for hatchling offers, but the person offering only has one. They offer it, and then go to the AP to get some incu-hatchables. As they hatch, they add the new hatchling to a new offer.

This 3 offer limit could inhibit their ability to get a trade they feel satisfied with, so I think we should really make sure that this is a big enough issue before we hamstring folks who may count on doing their wheeling and dealing via the trade link and the decline feature.

And I'd be leery of doing it with rejected trades, also, because that may be some people's way of inviting people to make a different offer.

Please, make that 3 rejected trade offers.

some people change their offers when theres no reaction, last week I asked for cb crimson hatchies and got only an offer of a single one and of other hatchies. One of the traders changed/upgraded his/her offer quite some times, and I ended up accepting those 4 grey opals when in fact I was just waiting for an offer of 2 crimsons to appear..

Rejected 3 times the offers wouldn't ban the offering account, but only the eggs offered, but they have to be always the same.

Example: there is a wonderful 2nd gen gold shimmer.

I offer a stone hatchilng and a red messy.

Canceled offer

I offer again the same stone hatchilng and red messy.

canceled offer

I offer again the SAME stone hatchilng and red messy.

Canceled and banned that stone hatchilng and that red messy.

If in the third offer would be even one more different dragon the offer can't be banned.

smile.gif

Rejected 3 times the offers wouldn't ban the offering account, but only the eggs offered, but they have to be always the same.

Example: there is a wonderful 2nd gen gold shimmer.

I offer a stone hatchilng and a red messy.

Canceled offer

I offer again the same stone hatchilng and red messy.

canceled offer

I offer again the SAME  stone hatchilng and red messy.

Canceled and banned that stone hatchilng and that red messy.

If in the third offer would be even one more different dragon the offer can't be banned.

smile.gif

I'm not sure how that would solve the problem. The issue seems to be:

1. People who offer what a player doesn't want - So after the first offer was rejected, what's to stop them from just changing to a different egg that is also most likely not what the person trading wanted?

2. People who troll trades - But there's an entire AP full of eggs that they can pick up, offer, dump, and then do the same thing all over again.

The thing is that everyone is going to know exactly how the system works, so whatever kind of ban their is, if it's based on something easily gotten around then what does the suggestion prevent?