pudding

Sweet and Pudding 1x1

Darcy hid a smile as he began to cut up the burger. Somehow he made it look completely normal, despite the fact that it was not. "It's a hamburger," she said with a laugh, "and you're not supposed to eat it like that." She held up her own sandwich, showing him how she ate hers. "Like this," she instructed, setting hers down to push the ketchup bottle towards him. "And try dipping it in this sauce. You uh, squeeze the bottle to make it come out. The French fries are good in it too," she said, indicating the fries on his plate. It felt silly to be teaching someone this, and yet somehow not.

Loki watched her then abandoned the fork and knife to instead pick up the burger by the sides. He looked at the way he was holding it, brow furrowed in confusion. "This seems messy," he remarked before setting the hamburger down again. He looked at the mysterious red sauce then flipped it over and squeezed it like she instructed. The red sauce shot out, startling the god and causing him to nearly drop the bottle. Quickly shutting it, he set it back down on the table then picked up one of the fries in his fingers and dipped it in the sauce. "It certainly is new," he remarked after he ate the fry. Like the burger, it was quite good. Salty, but good. "We do not have these things in Asgard. But all of them are good. I was right to trust you in choosing food. Thank you."

"Well, yeah it's messy, but remember what I said about being proper? Americans don't do that," Darcy replied with a small laugh. Watching him in itself was entertaining, just seeing him interact with things that were foreign to him. "You're welcome. It's hard to hate cheeseburgers," she said with a noncommittal shrug, returning to her own meal.

Loki looked down at his plate then smiled and set about eating. Even though he was skinny, eating was probably one of his favorite past times. Once, he had an eating contest with fire itself. Hilariously enough, he had been hungry almost immediately afterwards. So, trying to remain as proper as possible, he began eating the meal with his fingers. It hardly took any time before he was finished and silently sipping on the remains of his coffee. "I feel like I need to do something to repay you," he said as he crossed one leg over the other. "What can I do for you?"

Darcy blinked, pausing with her napkin halfway to her mouth. She felt her ears grow hot at his offer, and quickly she busied herself with wiping her mouth. God she had a dirty mind. Bad, bad Darcy.. "It's not really any trouble.. Honest," she said after she had remembered how to speak again.

"Are you alright?" Loki asked, leaning forward as he fixed his gaze on Darcy's face. "Your ears have turned red. Are you suffering from an ailment of some kind?" He frowned as his eyes looked her face over then he rose from his chair and crossed over to her, placing a cool hand upon her forehead to feel her temperature. "Perhaps you are ill," he muttered.

Oh god oh god oh god! He was touching her. Hot guys didnt generally walk up and touch her so yeah, this was a little exciting. He's an alien, she had to remind herself. "I-I'm not sick," she stammered, mentally kicking herself. This was going so great. "It's um, a human thing," she went on, hoping he wouldn't ask her what it meant.

Loki quickly retracted his hand when Darcy declared it was simply a human thing. Ah, right. They looked so similar, it was hard to forget they were different species. Well, different from the Aesir. It was easy to remember that he was just a monster hiding as a normal person. A jotun pretending that he was not a jotun. "Ah, sorry," he said as he returned to his seat. "As long as you are alright, I guess. Again, I am very sorry. I will not do it again." Now he had gone and invaded her personal space. And here he was harsh with Thor for being huggy, clingy and invasive. How very much like a hypocrite he felt.

Well now she'd gone and done it. Back pedaling, Darcy jumped, "No! I mean, its fine. I appreciate your concern, I wasn't worried about you touching me. I mean, I don't let people just touch me, but you were concerned, and.. I'm just gonna stop talking now," she said in a small voice, distracting herself from looking at his expression by digging for her wallet. She counted out the money it would take to pay for the meal and handed it over to the waitress, tapping her foot nervously.

Oh, did those paper sheets hold some kind of value here. Their meal seemed to come in exchange for a few. Wait, no. He couldn't be so easily distracted. "Am I making you nervous?" he asked as he stared at Darcy. He hadn't mean to startle her but she seemed remarkably nervous for some reason.

The foot immediately stopped tapping. censorkip.gif ! Darcy usually wasn't such an idiot when it came to sending out the wrong signals but wow, was she messing this up. "Um, no, its just a habit of mine," she lied, hoping he'd buy it. When the receipt came back she stood, stuffing it in her pocket. "C'mon Lokes, lets go ride some rollercoasters," she said, deciding she liked the nickname Lokes.

"I see," Loki said, eyes narrowing in suspicion. Being a trickster meant that he was usually the one doing the lying. And he was pretty good at spotting lies himself. But the suspicion was quickly pocketed as Darcy stood and mentioned the roller coasters again. He quickly stood as well, frowning slightly at the nickname but dismissed it. "Right. Onward to the amusement park, right?"

"Yup," Darcy replied, sticking her hands in her pockets. Well that had been a close one. The truth was that he did make her feel a little nervous, but not for the reason he was thinking. "It's about forty five minutes away from here, so we'll have to take my truck. You've never been in a car, I'm guessing?" She asked, pulling out her keys as the old red pickup came into view.

"What is a car?" Loki asked, confusion written all over his features. He looked at the keys in her hand, then turned to the red monstrosity parked before them. He stopped before approaching the truck suspiciously. "This is one of those beasts that ran into me the other night," he said as he circled around the truck. He turned back to Darcy and frowned, many questions popping into his brain all at once. "How do you ride these? What kind of species is it? Is it tame?"

Darcy chuckled at his expense, hitting the unlock button to make the lights flash. "It's not alive, first of all. It's an object, and it's called a truck," she informed him, grabbing his arm and tugging him around to the passenger side. She opened the door for him and pointed at the seat, telling him to get in before going back around and climbing into the driver's side. "See that black strap? It's a seatbelt, pull it over yourself and click it into the little slot next to your seat," she said, showing with her own how he should do it.

Loki jumped away from the truck when what he imagined its eyes to be flashed. He looked at Darcy, only growing more confused when she tried explaining. "But how does it move if it is not alive?" He asked as he climbed inside of the truck. He prodded the seat with a finger before buckling the seatbelt like Darcy instructed. "Is it enchanted?" He asked, looking around at the inside of the truck. "How does it work?"

He really was clueless. How was she supposed to explain all of this when she didn't know anything about cars? "No, there's no magic on earth. Um.. basically it runs on gasoline and an engine.. something to do with combustion. You'll see," she sighed, turning the key and causing the engine to roar to life. Pulling the truck into the street, she began the drive out of town. "Do you see now?" She asked.

Loki jumped when the truck gave a loud roar and started forward. One hand gripped the seat belt holding him against the seat while the other reached out and grabbed ahold of Darcy's shirt. This machine was horribly frightening! "We... Have nothing like this on Asgard," he replied hoarsely as he stared out the windows. How fast they were moving! If he wasn't petrified, Loki would have been amazed.

Darcy bit back a squeak as he grabbed her shirt, glancing over at him to see that he was actually really scared. Crap, now she felt bad. Quickly pulling over, she put a hand on his arm. "Hey, Loki, it's okay. It won't hurt you, and I'm a pretty good driver," she promised, turned to face him in her seat. It was hard to believe someone was scared of a car.

"No, I am sorry," Loki replied as they slowed down to a stop. The truck had just startled him, that was all. "I just wasn't expecting that of an inanimate object. I... I am fine now." He took a few calming breaths of air before offering up a smile to Darcy and releasing her shirt. One hand still gripped the seatbelt quite tightly, though. "I am fine," he said with a small nod. "Let's continue to the amusement park."

Darcy gave him a quizzical look, but got the feeling if she prodded, he would deny everything. "If it makes you feel better, all humans use cars," she said, slowly pulling back out into the street. She drove considerably slower this time, even though she hadn't been moving that fast before. "See? Nothing to worry about," she said absently, making sure to check on him every few moments.

Loki stiffed when the truck began to move again but gradually calmed down. The hand that had previously been holding the seatbelt in a death grip released its hold and rested on what seemed to be an armrest sticking out of the door. "Quite right," Loki agreed as he looked out the window. "How fast can this truck go? Faster than a horse?"

"Much faster," Darcy chuckled, but refrained from showing him just how fast. "Cars can go faster than the fastest land mammal," she told him, watching the road signs. It wasn't far. "So what do you do for fun on Assgard?" She asked, not meaning to mispronounce it.

"Impressive," Loki declared, staring out at the front of the metal creation. He hadn't expected that of it. He glanced back at Darcy then shook his head and laughed. "Thor and his friends get drunk and fight. I usually would read alone or practice magic by myself. When I did have spare time, I liked to have fun at their expense. I'm quite the trickster."

Darcy smiled, though it slowly turned into a grin as he went on. "Seems like we have a lot in common. I like to read, and pulling pranks on people is always a good time," she chuckled, taking an exit. Already the place loomed up before them, muffled screams and the roar of the coasters reaching them inside the vehicle. "I promise nothing in here can hurt you either. It's not alive, its machinery, like the truck," she examined beforehand, patting the wheel.