pudding

Sweet and Pudding 1x1

Darcy blinked several times. "Jane, I think you hit him too hard," she muttered, then returned her focus to the man. She lifted her taser defensively as he swayed, eyes narrowed in distrust. "Uh, yeah, it's earth. Y'know, home of life and all the other humans. How are you not dead?" She asked, shining the light at him. She couldn't see him very well in the dark, but the flashlight showed that his skin was very pale.

Loki quickly raised a hand to shield his eyes from the harsh light. Midgard. Really father? But, apparently, Odin was not his father. Based upon what he had said, his father was actually Laufey. "Or perhaps not hard enough," he replied as he took a step back and looked over his surroundings. "Where, exactly?" he asked, his eyes moving to the small device the woman was holding. "What is that?" he asked, taking a step closer to her.

((I really don't want to play Jane, I've never played her before))

This guy was nuts. And suicidal it sounded like. "We're in- hey! Back off!" She snapped, instinctively hitting the button to tase him. Afterwards Darcy felt bad, but he had spooked her, being all tall and menacing and whatever.

((I've got her covered. We won't focus too much on her, though.))

Loki almost immediately collapsed back in the dirt while Jane stood off on the side, completely shocked. She stared at Darcy and gestured to the man unconscious on the ground. "You just tased someone!" she yelled as she ran to where the man had collapsed on the ground. She quickly wrapped her arms under his armpits and began trying to drag him back to the van. "Come on, we need to get him down to the hospital. Help me get him into the van."

((Timeskip to hospital? Maybe Darcy could stay there with him to see if he is alright while Jane goes and researches stuff.))

(Just checking, I felt like you were waiting on me. And yup, lets Timeskip and do that)

Darcy shrugged, slipping the taser in her back pocket. "He was coming after me! He shouldn't have spooked me like that," she retorted, huffing moodily. What a fantastic way to spend her Friday night. "If he wakes up while were carrying him I'm gonna tase him again," she informed Jane, grabbing his feet and helping her lift him into the van.

"Please don't," Jane replied as they placed the man in the back of the car. He was surprisingly light and skinny so it hadn't actually been that hard to get him in. She shut the door and climbed into the front seat to drive the mysterious stranger to the hospital.

Loki's head was reeling when he woke up. He reached up a hand and held his head as he tried to make sense of where he was. Harsh lights were shining overhead, making it hard to think let alone see. What exactly had happened? The events that had transpired earlier were quickly remembered as the god settled back down on the bed he was laying in. "Where am I?" he asked. Were there even other people in the room? He had been taken somewhere so it didn't make sense for him to just be left alone.

Darcy was pouting. Jane had stolen her taser, and she had informed the woman that should this man turn out to be a maniac and kill her, it would be all Jane's fault. She didnt listen. Now she was studying the young man, head tipped to one side. He looked like he had been carved out of marble with smooth, pale skin and angular features. His raven black hair was surprisingly attractive the way it was, slightly long, and he had pretty green eyes, from what she had seen. Not that she was looking, but the guy was hot. She was almost startled when he spoke, color rushing to her cheeks. "A hospital. You got hit by a car and tased, so you needed to get checked out. You're one by the way, somehow," she replied, seated by the bed but a safe distance away.

Loki nodded as he closed his eyes again. He couldn't feel any magic aside from the scraps he was using to cover himself. Odin had taken the rest, leaving him with next to nothing. He would have to find some way to get that power back.

"Where did you say this was?" he asked as he slowly sat up. He had been stripped of his clothing and instead placed in some strange robe. A man wearing odd clothes and gloves walked in with a needle.

"Just going to take a bit of blood," the man said before he poked the needle in his arm. Loki watched with morbid fascination as his own blood entered the tube. It started out red as the magic worked to keep it hidden as well but as the needle was removed and taken away, Loki could see it quickly turning blue. He rubbed his eyes as he turned to the woman sitting across from him. "I should really leave here now," he declared as he sat upright and began trying to ease himself off the bed.

"Puente Antiguo, New Mexico," Darcy replied, wondering what was wrong with this guy. Maybe he had head trauma? It made sense, seeing as Jane pretty much pile drived him. He was acting really strange, especially when his blood was taken. Had he never seen a needle before? Her attention was captured once more as he tried to stand. She jumped up, feeling naked without her taser to protect her. "Dude, how are you even standing? Most people that get hit by cars are seriously injured. And you can't leave. Jane would kill me if I let you leave," she protested.

Loki eased onto his feet, stumbling slightly as he did so. He gripped the edge of the bed as he shook, struggling to stand. "Then just come with me," he replied. "I do not understand why this Jane person cares so much for strangers. Unless she's curious about how I came to be here, of course." He shook his head then pushed away from the bed and started towards the door. "Do you know where they put my clothes?"

Darcy just stared at him. This guy was really, really weird. Was he english? He certainly had that accent. "She wants to know how you got here, like, how you ended up in the middle of a.. Einstein-rosemary bridge. Or something like that, I don't do science," she said, then pointed to the chair behind him where his clothes had been left, folded up neatly. "What's with the leather dude? Are you here for some sort of convention?"

Loki moved to the chair and picked up his clothes. He could change into them later. For now, he had to leave until the humans realized his blood was not even remotely normal. Which would not take very long considering it was blue. "You mean the Bifrost?" he asked with a frown. "That is how I ended up here, after all. But let's talk somewhere else. Away from here."

Darcy's nose wrinkled in confusion. The hell was a Bifrost? She was starting to wonder if he was nuts, and if this was the part where she got kidnapped, but she had little choice. "Alright, there's a diner near here if you're hungry. C'mon, Mister.. I didn't catch your name. I'm Darcy," she introduced.

Loki nodded and quickly started after her. He could change later since whatever they had put on him was obviously not normal and very uncomfortable. "My name is Loki," he replied. "Is leather uncommon here? Is there something else I should wear instead that would make me appear more normal?"

The girl bit back her comment about his name. He must've been foreign, then. "Er.. only in movies, and I'm talking paid per view, on at 1 in the morning movies," she muttered, shaking her head. "Jeans. Jeans and a t-shirt. Anything but.. well, this," she replied, leading him out of the hospital room. She could take him shopping.

Jeans. He had never heard of anything like that. How very strange these garbs sounded. "Perhaps we should hold off on the food until I have something that makes me appear normal. I don't desire to stand out. Do you have anything I can borrow? I swear I will return it as soon as possible."

Darcy raised an eyebrow at him. He was asking to wear her clothes and she was.. yup, a good head shorter than him. "I might have some clothes from old boyfriends.." she said dubiously, wondering if this was a ploy to get her alone or something. She still wasn't sure that he was safe. Oh well. "My apartment is nearby, c'mon," she sighed, leading him out of the hospital. It was less than a block, though he would get some stares.

Loki followed her as he was led out of the strange building. A glance back at it told him it was white and blank, as if it was trying to be dull and boring. He quickly looked back at the girl leading him away from the building and sighed. "Thank you," he said softly. "I hate to be a burden but...."

Darcy just shrugged, walking down the sidewalk and expecting him to follow. "Yeah well, I did tase you, so I guess I owe you, huh?" She said with a slight smile. Around the corner they went, and with a key she unlocked the door to her building. "I'll see what I've got, but it might not fit," she warned as they entered, and she walked into her closet.

"I can make do," Loki replied, thinking back to the days he sometimes wore Thor's clothing. That was when the two had been children together and Thor had accidentally charred his clothing while testing out his hammer. In an effort to keep what he had done hidden, Thor had quickly thrown the younger god into a shirt and pants that obviously had not fit him. But those days were behind him. As it turned out, they were not even related. Instead, he was a monster. "Tase... is that the mysterious device that caused me to fall unconscious? Impressive little tool." He followed her into the tiny room that held a large amount of women's clothing. Had he had a bit more magic, it would have been a simple matter simply to adjust in order to fit the clothing. "So why were you out in the desert in the middle of the night?" he asked as he examined a strange shirt with a hood attached to it. Curious.

Loki found her biggest black t-shirt, which she usually slept in, and a pair of jeans some boy had left behind. What could she say? She was a vengeful ex. "Yup, its called a taser. You've never heard of it?" She asked, tossing him the clothes. Being in the tiny closet with him felt incredibly crowded, and it was causing a blush to creep up her neck. She walked out so that he could change, sitting on her bed to wait. "I'm an intern. My boss Jane was looking for this thingy that was supposed to happen in the stars, and that's when you showed up in the middle of it," she sighed.

Loki snatched the clothes out of the air as they were thrown at him and examined them. So these pants were jeans, then? Curious things. They seemed to deliberately have holes in them as well. He pulled on them then smiled at Darcy. "Thank you," he said with a smile as she walked out then quickly took the strange robe off and changed into the jeans she had given him. They were tight but fit at least. He slipped on the t-shirt ned and examined it before he opened the door to the closet. "Thank you," he repeated. "You're talking about the Bifrost, right? I didn't know Midgardians knew about the bridge."

Darcy's heart fluttered when he smiled at her. Oh.. That was a novel sensation. Silently scolding herself that crushing on the crazy man was bad, she crossed one leg over the other and waited for him to reemerge. "You're welcome," she added, frowning because damn, when had she gone back to high school? "What is a Midgardian? And like I said, I have no clue what a Bifrost is either. Where are you even from?"

"A Midgardian is a person from Midgard," Loki replied. Oh, people from Earth did not know about the nine realms, right? "I come from Asgard," Loki replied as he walked over to the bed and gestured next to her. "I can explain it all. May I sit next to you?"

"Midgard? Asgard? Dude, I have no idea what you're talking about," Darcy said with a small frown, her eyebrows raising as he asked to sit down. She scrambled to make room because hello, hot guy incoming. "Sure, but you need to explain. People will think you're nuts."