picknick10

Dragons VS Humans, The Great war

He smiled. "Yes it is hard work and it will take a long time to gain. However, with the advantage of us living together, I can ensure your training is very consistent. Your job in the training is simple, learn, and avoid injuries. Most likely you may get a few, it's not uncommon, but it is preventable if you are careful." He knew all too well what injuries can do to a persons training.

Minerva gave a brief nod and replied, "Okay, I understand. I'll do my best not to get hurt." She wondered how rough Ronan's method of training would be. Would they be sparring? That could be one of the many ways to get hurt.

"The easiest, but also risky method, is a lot of sparring. Sparring helps you learn what works in a fight, and when you're really good, you can use just about any technique. Sparring also can lead to a lot of bruises but that's normal. The kind of injuries you want to avoid are pulled muscles, and broken bones and of course anything that could land you in the hospital. Don't worry though, I'll be careful with your training and make sure you don't try something you cant handle." He was confident in his ability to teach her.

((Here is TheTron's birthday gift: http://silverbeastlaguz.deviantart.com/art...ory-3-635079897

I had to upload it quickly before the end of the day.))

That was exactly what she expected about sparring; the accidents that could happen when partaking in them. But the part about being put in the hospital one was not what she thought about sparring. Despite knowing that there were accidents in sparring, Minerva never thought that they could get that dangerous sometimes to the point of injuring people. She always thought that sparring partners held some of their own strength back to avoid these kinds of things. "Gee, thanks!" the woman replied. "I'm glad you'll keep me from getting hurt too badly."

Edited by Red Dragonette

((Hi))

Hatchling first

Time passed in the courtyard in front of the ruin building courthouse. Minutes turn into hours as the guards seemed to start increasing around the courthouse building. Every Guard stopped when two large familiar dragons appeared in the courtyard. They did not even look in the hatchlings direction, Arch said something to one of the guards, and he replied back to them in the same manner than both him and Dracul left the courtyard heading in their own direction, then something weird started to happen in the courtyard, and every guard seem like they were on edge. About five minutes passed, and a dark fog started to fill the courtyard. The guards drew their weapons, as the fog crept up into the courtyard, blanking the whole place in a dark cloud. It was ice cold to anyone skin that it touched.

A scream came from somewhere in the courtyard, followed by another, then another. A random arm from one of the guards fell in front of the hatchlings like it was ripped off by something. In the black fog little red eyes could be seen as they started to slowly approach the hatchlings. these little figures could be seen in the fog as if they were circling around the hatchlings, almost like these things were looking at the hatchlings like a fine dinner, debating on where to start. They seemed like they were about to pounce when a human-like figure came into their view. They silently walked away from the hatchlings to deal with their uninvited guess. The sound of nothing was soon cut by a blade cutting through the air, making contact with whatever these things were.

These things scamper off away from whoever this was, as the fog retreated, but not far away. What the fog revealed was Lucian, and he was armored, and his scythe was covered in this dark greenish blood. He quickly shook the blood off as his weapon as already started to rot away, almost like it was being dissolved. He quickly turned his attention to the still chain hatchlings and sliced through the chain that bound them. "Run, now. I will be right behind you." He said to them, and waiting a few keeping his eyes on the fog that was still lingering, then it started to make it approach, as it started to pick up speed. Lucian followed the hatchlings as he saw the fog starting to slowly gain on them.

((Hello, it's nice to see you again.))

The Firestar sisters had remained quiet throughout the whole time after getting over their distress of being kidnapped. They had initially thought that Arch and the guards were going to hurt them, but after a while with no harm whatsoever, that thought gradually died down. But still they weren't happy with simply being prisoners. The sisters wanted to leave this dreadful place and could only hope that their aunt would come to rescue them eventually, but when will she come exactly? This long wait was agitating their minds with Danielle being the most affected. Sometimes she would try to go the maximum length from the pole and break her chain that held her, or bite on that metal and hope that it would break. These futile actions never succeeded and the whiptail was still stuck here with her sister. Soon, they saw Arch and Dracul talking to one of the guards. The sisters tried to listen in on the conversation, but the lords' words were out of their earshot and they couldn't figure out what was being said, except to guess that the two dragons were going to hurt them now. But again, the violence eluded them as the lords left the courtyard. Just then, the guards started to look uneasy about something as if they were seeing or anticipating something bad. The sisters were confused by this as Danielle asked, "Kylie, what going on?"

The balloon hatchling replied, "I dun know." 5 minutes later, a dark fog appeared and started to spread through the courtyard. Many screams were heard and a torn off arm fell right in front of the hatchlings who looked at it. The smell of human flesh and blood coming from it was appetizing to Danielle. It was nice to have some food after all this time, but the whiptail's interest was more focused on the fog. Whatever cut off that arm must be somewhere within the fog. They saw many red eyes glowing through the fog. The sight set an eerie atmosphere that the sisters were scared by this and thought that these were all monsters coming to eat them. Danielle and Kylie huddled together for safety, hoping that the monsters don't get them.

Just then, a humanoid figure appeared and the monsters turned their attention onto it. Sounds of fighting were heard before the creatures ran off with the fog disappearing after them, but not entirely. The humanoid that just appeared turned out to be the blue-armored human from before. He cut the chains to free the sisters and told them to run. "Okay," both sisters said. Using the escape trick that their aunt taught them, Kylie inflated herself to become light as a feather and Danielle wrapped her tail around the balloon's foot. The whiptail ran off, taking her sister with her, with her superior speed quickly widening the distance between them and the fog.

------------------------------------------------

Eitri peered through the window of the building, looking to see who and what was inside. He only saw boxes and stuff in their; nothing too important for the squad. The night magi led the squad around the building and encountered soldiers. "Oh crap," he cursed. It was to be expected eventually. The squad's numbers were big enough to be seen that they would have to fight sooner or later to get to the prisoners.

((still working out what my next reply should be, but I just wanted you to know, in sparring, a pulled muscle could potentially happen. breaking bones in sparring is kinda rare, like super rare. BUT taking into account how aggressive a sparring partner could be, it is possible. The only time you see stuff like that though is in the movies. sparring partners are typically much more co-operative and dependable because they don't want to get hurt either.))

((Sorry Red this took So long to write, Really I made I think almost 400 different outcomes for two different battles, and one is sad on how this ends.))

The black armor soldiers looked at the rather large group and notice Axle crescent on. They wanted to quickly draw their swords, but Axle's soldier was faster as four arrows find their mark in the drake that was with them, bring it down first, as three humans from the squad quickly went to quite the other before words got to other ears. The whole small group fo black soldier died quickly and quietly as now the squad went to hide the bodies from sight including the drake. Tomas came up to Eitri and flow up to his head. "A small scouting party like that is an easy task, but please be careful about where you tread in this city. I would suggest splitting the group into five smaller groups and use the buildings to keep stealth on our side. If we are caught we are on our own." He said some of the squad was already looking around and some even took point and keep watch down the road.

===============================================================================

Lucian was right behind the hatchlings as they ran from the dark fog. He looked behind him and it shocked him that the fog haves vanish from sight just as fast as it came, but something still did not feel right to him. He turned back around and quickly sped up to get in front of the hatchlings for two reasons, One to stop them from running in the same direction they were going, but two because whatever was following them was already on top of them. The fog was seeping from the concrete road under them. After a bit, a shadowy human-like figure emerged from the fog with red blink-less eyes. It moved like a ragged doll.

"Who summon you and why are you here?" Lucian asked, but the shadow only looked at him, kind of tilted it head to the question. It soon pointed a figure at the hatchlings.

"What exactly do you want with them?"

"It not what it wants to do, Lucian, but what I want to do with them." A female voice came from behind them. Lucian already know who is was.

"Talmisa." Lucian said as he turned to face the new enemy in front of him. He removed his helmet. His eyes were full of hate for this woman and he was showing his fangs at her.

Talmisa hands were behind her back, as she wore a tight black dress with an opens center with criss-cross pattern in that open center and some extremely high shoes."Oh come on now, dear father, is that any way to treat your daughter?"

"You are no daughter of mine, snake. You are nothing but a blight on our family name." Lucian said as he readied his weapon in a stance as if he was holding a pike.

"You say that, but then what does that make you, a coward, a traitor. Hell, you could not even protect mother or brother. Well how could you, when you were gone, they did get judged by the wind law, so not much you could have done there now is there." She had an evil grin when she said that, but still maintain her pose, as if she was a royal.

For half a minute, Eitri thought that the enemy soldiers would call the other guards and summon them here to help attack the squad, but Axle's soldier were quick to dispatch them like flies. The night magi let out a sigh of relief, knowing that they were safe again for now. After listening to Tomas's advice, Eitri replied, "You're right, all of us together would be easier to spot." Not only that, but having five groups go their own ways would make finding the prisoners much easier as they would be looking in places the others haven't threaded. "So I'll sort us out," continued Eitri. He began to plan out who to put in which group, hoping to evenly match out each group in terms of powers and skills. He hoped that he had the intellect of Aeolus to do this right, because as the chosen leader, it was all on him to get this mission done with flying colors. He mustn't fail or make decisions that would cost lives. Not only would that look bad on him, but also on the horde as well. Eitri must succeed well. He thought about this as quickly as he can and said, "Alright... let's see. I think for group 1, it'll be me and Sally..." He picked out a fifth of Axle's soldiers to join him. "And for group 2, Yopple and Fable can be in it." A flower pygmy flew over to the cassare and landed beside him. Another fifth of Axle's soldiers were sorted into Yopple's group. "Group 3 will have Enamora, Annar... Tomas..." After he picked other soldiers for group 3, Eitri put Onslou, Volkin and a flower pygmy in Group 4 and Eatorn and the last flower pygmy in Group 5. The last two fifths of the soldiers were split and separated into the last groups. The night magi thought it was best if he made these 5 groups equal in number or at least close to it. He looked at all the dragons and humans to see if they were content with his decision. He asked, "So, any questions or concerns?"

((Okay, I understand. Anyway, I don't know if Eitri knows Tomas's name. I don't remember. Anyway, Sally, Fable and Annar are all flower pygmies.))

---------------------------------------------------

Danielle and Kylie were taken by both scare and surprise as the fog rose up beneath them. The whiptail stopped to a halt as her sister's inflated body was still being moved by the force of her run earlier until Kylie hit and bounced off of her sister's back softly like a balloon her breed was named after. The sisters screamed as their surroundings became covered in the black fog that had created the monsters. Their attempt at escape had failed and now these terrible creatures were going to eat them alive. They looked around for the glowing red eyes, which were the trait of the monsters, not that the sisters wanted to see them. But what awaited them in the fog instead was a humanoid figure and a woman, who had an interest in the hatchlings for some reason. Danielle was fearfully curious about her intent, asking, "What do you wan with us?"

Edited by Red Dragonette

((Eitri should know it because Tomas did introduce himself))

Tomas did a quick look over the five groups, and found major flaws in them. "Eitri, There is major flaws among the group, though you may know the dragons from your group well enough to pair them good among each other, however the human groups you paired them, along with the dragons from our little group from Axle's small army, are not even around. I can fix that small group a bit so every group has a better survivability rating." Tomas said to Eitri.

============================================================================

Lucian looked at the woman for a second before he started to fade from sight. The woman just smiled before she just moved her hands from her back. The smell of blood filled the air as the woman brought her hand up to her mouth and giggled a bit. "Did you honestly though a simple illusion trick would have worked on me, after all, you did train me in that art." She said as Lucian popped out of his illusion holding his arm, as his weapon was now destroyed, and shatter into bits.

Lucian looked a bit surprised, till his head slide from his shoulder and fall down to the ground. "Hm, that was a bit to easy." She said till she noticed Lucian's body soon vanish from sight. Lucian manifest behind her, completely unscathed, and swung at her neck, trying to take off her head. She dunked down, making Lucian miss. She countered with a swift movement of her hands, as Lucian was now this time cut into five slices. It soon vanished again and was replace now with four Lucian all coming out of the fog.

"What the hell?" She said. she started to swing wildly in the air, slashing each one, as more just keeps on coming, then soon the shadow creature got involved to protect it's master from harm. They fought each Lucian that was coming at them, over and over. The real Lucian uncloaked himself at the same place he was standing when he went cloaked. "Come you two, it's time to go. They are stuck in this fight till the spell wears off, as the fight takes place mostly in her mind. I rather not be anywhere near her when it stops working." Lucian said as he started to head towards the right turn street and keep on walking down the road.

Eitri observed the five groups that he set up. Tomas was right; Axle's soldiers were unevenly distributed in the number of both races. Humans and dragons each had their own strengths and weaknesses to compensate for each other. For this reason, the groups needed to be corrected, so that they were all equally matched. Tomas knew more than Eitri about Axle's soldiers, so the night magi decided to let him fix his error. "Okay, I'll let you help," Eitri said.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

The sisters watched the fight between Lucian and Talmisa as the former of the combatants used his illusions to combat his daughter. When they saw Lucian's head get cut off and his body disappearing, they became terrified as Kylie shrieked and Danielle screamed, "Nooo!" Their one hero, who had went from being their captor to saving their lives from the monsters, was now dead; or so they thought. As if by some kind of magic, Lucian had suddenly came back in one piece and tried to attack Talmisa again. But this time, he was defeated again and this time he was sliced into five pieces of himself. For a second, the sisters thought he was gone for good until they saw multiple Lucians appearing and fighting the woman and her shadow creature. Then another Lucian appeared next to the sisters and told them to escape with him. Both sisters replied obediently, "Okay." Then they followed the 'man' through the streets to get as far away from the bad woman and her creatures.

Edited by Red Dragonette

((To be honest this is still part of it, just that any characters that interact with Atlas,Aeolus,Juna,Axle,Mekarth are currently on hold at the moment. Right now we are in Shadow wind with Kylie, Danielle and Eitri, just to see where they will end up back with Atlas or not. Eitri's group is looking for a group of dragons that were taken from his own clan and trying to rescue them. I think that covers it, should only be like 3 or 4 more back and forth post to explain what happens and than interaction with Axle,Atlas,Aeolus,Juna and Mekart along with your, dj, can resume.

Ps this is like 2 hours in the past, and it was red who suggested it that we see where the two little ones end up at first before we continue with the rest of the group.))

Ronan's mind ran with ideas of how to teach the many concepts and theories that surround combat. He was well trained but his biggest challenge would be to put into words what he knows how to do physically. His most treasured weapon, his wrist blade, was of his own design and he wasn't going to let anyone learn how to use it if he didn't trust them. However with Minerva, he felt he could trust her with so much that the idea of teaching her the weapon didn't bother him. The first task though was going to be getting Minerva into shape so she could be ready for the hard stuff.

Lucian had haste in his steps as he walked down the road. He went to the left a few roads down, passing broken down cars or cars that were stripped of their parts, then right with the same things on the road. The next turn he went down was an alleyway that was a bit darker than the road and it had broken objects all over the place like glass and broken metal. He stopped in front of a door and straight up kicked the door open and motion to the hatchlings to come inside. The room was a bit darker and ransacked.

============================================================================

Tomas nodded his head and then clear his throat. He then spoke up in shadow wind and every soldier under his command quickly respond to his order. From the outsider dragons point of view, Tomas did not do anything but move everyone around but a few. It was quick and was straight to the point. "Ok we may go now, Eirti, every group have the best change that they can get now." He said.

Edited by draco8967

Minerva watched Ronan silently as the man appeared to be in his own thoughts. Perhaps he was thinking about what to say next?

((I have no idea what to write next.))

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The sisters followed Lucian inside the building and found themselves in a room with a lot of things thrown on the floor. Looking around curiously, Danielle asked, "Where are we?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The horde dragons watched the soldiers move to their appropriate places that Tomas ordered them to. With that done, Eitri said, "Alright, everybody split up and look for the prisoners in different places." The groups started to go their separate ways as Eitri led his own through the left road and straight ahead through the intersection. They looked for any slave shops that might hold the prisoners inside, if Arch donated at least one of them there.

Sally the flower pygmy flew over next to the night magi's head and suggested, "Hey uh, Eitri, why don't we over to where you last saw the villagers? They might still be there."

Sally's idea was a good one that would have helped them find his friends. Eitri cursed himself for not thinking about this sooner than go around trying to look for both them and Atlas's nieces. He was so focused on looking for all of them that he forgot how fast it would be to find his fellow villagers first and then the nieces. 'Oh Guardian of Nature, I'm such an idiot,' he thought to himself. The villagers had probably moved elsewhere by now and it was all because he wasted valuable time. But then again, there was a chance that they were still there. And even if they weren't, the group can always start from the spot search from there. Looking to Sally, he said, "You're right. I totally about that." Looking back to the rest, he told them, "Everyone, let's go back to where I was brought here." Then he led the group to where Arch and his soldiers had brought him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yopple was glad to take a mission like this. To him, it felt like an opportunity to prove himself and make him a candidate for a promotion in the future. His group came to a fork on the road, where there were two guards standing on each side. They needed to be taken out if they were to pass through without being alerted on. The cassare looked to Fable and told him, "Once I warp you to them, you knock them out with your sleep pollen and then kill them."

The flower pygmy obeyed, "Gotcha." Yopple teleported Fable over to the guards, to whom the pygmy spewed out a breath of powerful tranquilizing pollen at them.

((Guards are up to you red.))

Lucian took a second before he entered the room. He closed the door behind him and soon the room was filled with a metallic scent of blood. He dropped his sytch on the ground and at a closer look it had a gash in the shaft end of the weapon, and the gash was deep in the blue metal. Where the scent was coming from was clear it was from him, but where. He walked by the hatchlings and started to open one room after another till he found a room with a sink and a mirror. Once he was in there his chest plate fell to the floor with a large thud.

Lucian looked in the mirror and saw his own face as he gripped the sink for support. His entire right side of his ribs had a gash in it, but there was not a single cut on the armor. If that was not bad enough for him he had another problem on his way as well as he coughed up blood into the sink. He looked back at the mirror and had a nasty look on his face when he saw his own reflection of a battle torn traitor. He punched the mirror in frustration as it shattered and open up the cabinet behind him, revealing nothing. He backed up to the wall and lean against it, and place a hand on his side that was cut open trying to slow down the blood loss. He looked around the bathroom for something to tie around his chest to stop the bleeding and the only thing he could find was a thin cloth that was barely able to make it around his chest and tie it off.

He then sat down on the ground and took the rest of his armor off, revealing the rest of his body. His arm was scarred from burns, cuts, and much more unexplainable marks. He then stacked his armor on top of each other and said something as it collapsed down into a lightweight blue ball, almost like glass. He had a chain around it like a neckless did that humans wear around sometimes. He grabbed it and said a few more words before the blue color faded away from the sphere, as it cracked and split into two similar size sphere. He stayed where he was at as he longer really could move anymore, he coughed again in his open hand as he saw more blood in his hand. "Damn." He said softly.

==============================================

Dracul and arch parted some way back, but Dracul was on his way to a certain location, one that held some bait. When he arrived at the location, well it was full of dragons chain to metal slabs, still in their original location. One of the guards came up and reported to him, and the respond he got back was a look that made guards move out of his way, but the one that reported was not so lucky, as he ended up being a new artwork on the pavement of the road. He went in front of the dragons that were chain and took a breath. "Ok among you five who here has the strength to fight, and who here thinks they can take flight?"

Edited by draco8967

((Okay.))

The guards coughed from the pollen they inhaled before they immediately fell over and dropped to sleep. With his victims now powerless to fight back, Fable flew down to the bodies and spewed poison pollen at their noses to kill them in their sleep. Then he looked back at Yopple and telepathically said, 'It is done.'

With the threat of being discovered gone, Yopple told his group, "Alright, let's move." Then they continued on their search.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Suddenly, there was a smell of blood. The sisters sniffed around at the air, trying to locate its source. They quickly turned their heads to Lucian, who seemed to have been wounded. He opened up every door until he went inside one of them. The sisters followed him to the room, but stood behind the doorway to see what he was doing. They watched everything that transpired in the room. Seeing the wounds on his arm, the sisters knew that Talmisa had hurt him like that. After he coughed up blood, the sisters started to become worried as Danielle took a few steps into the room with Kylie peering past the doorway. The whiptail asked, "Mister, are you okay?"

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The villagers dropped their mouths in shock as Dracul killed the reporter. He wasn't just brutal to other dragons, but also to his men as well. It was as if this dragon was acting like the humans, who harm their own kind and others. Then Dracul went over to them and challenged to them to fight or flee. The villagers all backed away nervously, knowing how a fight against him would be impossible, considering how he killed the others back home like they were mere flies. But to fly away from him? It might be possible, but they imagined it would very difficult, if he had traps set in store for them.

Dracul stood there for a second and did not get an answer. "Did I stutter, because I believe I did not, but maybe I did. So I will repeat myself. Who here have the strength to fight, and who here think they can take flight, and I better start getting responds back to this question." Dracul said again, this time now with a bit of an annoyance in his voice.

===================================================================================

Lucian kind of chuckled a bit when the hatchling asked him if he would be alright. "No, my dear, I am not. To explain it shortly, my time on this world have run its course." He said before coughed again. "That little stunt back there I did is why I'm leaving this world. But before I do continue my journey to the stars above, there a few things I need to do first." He said as he turn to the doorway. "It requires both of you, little one."

Edited by draco8967

The villagers shuddered at his threatening tone. They had to take on his challenge now at the cost of the two of them, or else they would all be killed on spot. Each were reluctant to compete against Dracul, but they must do it. Sparqus the sapphire dragon mustered up the courage to take one for the team. He forced himself to look Dracul in the eye and spoke up nervously, "I... I'll fight..." The others looked at him; their minds mixed with a small emotion of relief that they weren't going to fight, but also stronger emotions of guilt for letting him die for them and despair that they were going to miss him if this foul beast does kill him.

Now with one challenger for fight volunteered, someone else needed to take one for the flight. Pixie the imperial fleshcrowne dragoness was fearful of the chances of losing the life that she held dear and all her future dreams, but she didn't going to let Sparqus die alone like he was abandoned by cowards such as herself. So she would be the one for the flight challenge. She volunteered, "I'll fly."

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Me and Danielle?" asked Kylie, touching the tips of her fingers to her scaly chest.

Wondering how to help, Danielle asked, "What can we do?"

"Now was that so hard." Dracul said before he said something else in shadow wind, and four dragons under his command, two per a dragon, grabbed the two chains attached to the dragons and lead each one in a different direction, the fighter to the right, the flyer to the left. "Now next question, Who here have the courage to dig, and who have the stamina to swim?"

==================================================================================

Lucian motion for kylie to come over. "I need to take those things off your neck for start. After that I'll give you details on how to get out of the city safely, and once you are out you can contact whoever you want to come pick you up."

The three remaining villagers watched as Sparqus and Pixie were taken away to their likely dooms. They kept the sharp image of their friends in mind and store in their memory as this may be the last time they would see them. Hopefully these were just slave tasks that didn't try to dispose of them. Then Dracul asked for two more to dig and swim. The trio looked at each other, wondering who was fit for these tasks and who would offer themselves up for them. Todora the purple dorsal dragon asked the dragonesses, 'So who's going to do it?'

Hex the dark lumina refused to take on those tasks and told why in a haughty tone, 'Don't look at me. I've never swim before and I don't want any dirt on my beautiful claws and scales.'

Vika the monarch let out a dismayed sigh. If Hex didn't want to do it, then it was up to her and Todora. Like the dark lumina, Vika didn't know how to swim, so she decided to go for the other option. Speaking mainly to her friends, but loud enough for Dracul to hear, the monarch volunteered, "I'll dig."

Todora said, "Well then, I guess I'll swim." He wasn't sure if he can do it, but he's got to at least try for his sake.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kylie went up to Lucian and listened to what he has to say. She and Danielle both smiled when they learned that taking the collar off and escaping the city will allow contact their aunt to rescue them. Danielle beamed, "Kylie, we gonna to be fwee!"

"Yay!" cheered the balloon.

Edited by Red Dragonette