little lost dragon

Ryujin13 and I

(Kk, see you later then)

Pikna watched Shaza's hand movements as the older created the new device. She glanced around, then dipped her hand in and mimicked Shaza. She didn't do it quite right the first time and ended up creating a device that wouldn't work quite the way it was supposed to. It looked like a scanning tool, but things were still off that would affect the readings it gave.

Pikna frowned when she realized what had happened and looked at Shaza before trying again. This time it was much closer to what it was supposed to be, but still a little off. Pikna's frown deepened and she stuck her hand in again and closed her eyes, this time tracing the design from memory without looking. This time it was perfect, the new scanner lying beside the one Shaza had made.

"Sorry I wasted materials." Pikna said, looking up at Shaza. Aera had worked her way up Pikna's back and was near the little girls shoulder. The little pet chirped a little and Pikna made another grab, but again Aera was to quick. Pikna giggled again and gave up, instead looking back at Shaza.

"So what now?" She asked. "I can make more of these if you want, or I can learn to do something else. Once I get your root language down it should be really easy."

Shaza watched her learn how to make things in the pool. She smiled and nodded when she kept trying. Afterwards she shook her head when she said sorry "No need to say sorry Pikna, your learning and its not like you went through 100 try's either, that would get costly. With only 150 here roughly.... this place is over sized. We can support a colony 3 times this size easy." she explained "Hold on, let me get this placed at my home and I'll return and I'll give you some lessons on these pools. How does that sound?" she asked "Who knows, you might even make another creature for Aera to play with when your not trying to get her." she said

"Ok, see you in a bit." Pikna said happily as she made another grab for Aera. She stopped when eyes fell onto a large object that a few Shatong were working on towards the back. (If its alright she sees the fighter. Here's what I think it looks like:concept)

Pikna wandered over, watching the Shatong work with large eyes that didn't blink nearly often enough. She was there for a little bit before one took notice of her and frowned before speaking to the others. Another few moments passed before the male stood up and came over to her.

"Hello little one, are you lost?" He asked politely.

"No, I'm learning about your biological engineering technologies." Pikna said happily, wandering past the larger adult and looking at the ship.

"Um, little girl, you can't be in here its dangerous. Maybe you'd rather go and watch them make the pets? The one on your back is very nice looking."

Aera crooned happily at the compliment settled down for a snooze, still latched on where Pikna couldn't reach.

"I'm actually being given sanctuary by Shaza, and she wanted me to learn about your technology. As to dangerous, well the blast zone on a reactor like the one you're using to power this scout ship is dangerous, not just the immediate area around it." She wandered into the work area and picked up a pad that was lying on the ground. This she began to scroll through, her eyes darting back and forth before they stopped suddenly. She squinted at the screen, then began tapping it like she had done with the vendor. Another minute later and she showed the pad to the Shatong who was looking at her incredulously.

"Your measurements were off .021 percent in several key locations which was creating unnecessary drag. Now your ships speed and maneuverability have been increased by three percent." She smiled but the Shatong was to busy to notice. It was obvious that he wasn't happy about being corrected by a girl who was barely eight, especially with something this important.

"Is this a joke?" He asked suddenly, as he looked up and around the room. "Tell me this is. Somebody changed the numbers and thought it would be funny to send in this little girl to correct me. Oh haha, our head of construction is being corrected by a little girl who probably still wets the floor at night. Now get out of here, we don't need any more delays."

((Sure I guess that would work for the RP))

Shaza returned with her arms empty now and looked around till she spotted Pikna in the fighter pool. She came over to see her expression and went over to the Shatong "Excuse me, what happened here?" she asked and it was explained. She sighed and explained thing and he sighed not looking to happy but nodded before going back to work. Mean while Shaza went back over to Pikna and knelt down in front of her "Pikna, somethings you have to ask before you can.... help with. I know you met well and no harm was done to the craft but in a few moments you just showed up someones who's been at this all his life." she explained "Its hard on anyone to have that happen. Next time, you can read, you can look, but make sure to ask before you change things alright?" she asked "Now, shall I give you some lessons?"

(Well if you don't like it I can change my post or we can find a new picture depending on what's wrong. You don't sound happy.)

Pikna looked back at the aircraft, then at Shaza. "But that shouldn't matter." She said, confused by what was being said. "It makes more sense to make sure that the designs are correct and that it works at top capacity rather then worry about who made the design or who built it." She looked at Shaza then back towards the pools. "That person at the trading post liked my help." She said. "I thought that man would too." She seemed to be upset by what had happened, but perked up a little at Shaza's suggestion of learning more about the pools.

Pikna followed Shaza over to one and watched as the older carefully traced the correct pattern. When Shaza had finished, a small lump was growing in the pool.

"That looks like Aera!" Pikna said, looking down at the lump. As if on que, Aera let out a loud snore, obviously uninterested in what was happening. "Aera is a different size and color then the rest, just like me, so how do you make that happen?" Pikna asked. "Would you use a different symbol or trace two? Since you're using only a single symbol to denote an object your language is probably a type of logogram with each symbol representing a word (Like Japanese Kanji). If that's the case then it must be a very complex language." Pikna thought for a moment, then looked at Shaza again. "How are the pools programmed? If its a living device then you have to create it with another pool right? So how do you program new symbols into it? Is there an interface or something?"

Edited by Ryujin13

((Well the Shatong race and their tech is still being developed. Some things are for sure, other things are still.... not decided on yet.))

Shaza sighed but just lead her over to the pool and give her some lessons. She seemed to get a thinking look as Pikna asked questions. "To be honest somethings of our tech we don't quite understand even to this day. How eve pools are programed is well.... everything has a language that it communicates to work and repel others. For these pools we think our motions send ripples in a patteren that communicates to the enzymes and the protien building blocks to assemble, the more instructions the more that forms, even I only know so much, it takes whole teams to make something like say, that craft. And more need to be put in as it grows to keep its structure and systems working right. The only expections is that my race, and our homes do not come from these pools. Everything else does, now as for the language, I'll do my best to explain it, if where on the world this colony came from, I'd point you to the expert but.... he did not join us." she explained "Now moving your hand like this allows you to" Shaza went onto explaining how to get parts of it down why this happens and why this assembles that way the best she could.

(Then just say that what Pikna was interacting with was a bunch of parts not put together and that they were still building them. If its because you don't like the look of the ship then we don't use that. I just found that picture and thought it was cool. I didn't mean to screw up your vision of the race.)

Pikna listened quietly as Shaza spoke, asking questions eagerly but only when it was appropriate. She practiced for most of the day until late afternoon with Shaza and when they quit the area, a number of items had been created.

As they left the building another messenger ran up to Shaza.

"Excuse me ma'am, we were just informed by one of the traders at the outpost that some of her race are there." He said, gesturing at Pikna. "From what I was told, they aren't armed at all and seem to be interested in trading only. They do keep asking about the Kas-Mah's and our own town. They keep asking about what kind of things we make, how big the town is, and things like that. They say its just for trading purposes but I thi-"

"Actually that's true." Pikna said, interrupting the messenger. "A common practice for a Krahn trader is to inquire about a given communities population, exports, imports, layout, and resources. They then look at goods being offered by the new partner and judge as best they can what will fetch the best trade that will also offer the most satisfaction to both sides."

(You miss understand me, it would work for this RP is what I'm saying, I haven't decided that it would be final for the race out side of this RP but that it would work for the race in this RP.)

Shaza smiled at Pikna as they walked away from the pool. It had been challenging for her but she caught on. When the messanger came up though she frowned a little but nodded. She looked at Pikna and seemed to think on it "While intentions maybe good, asking such questions out of the blue is not something anyone should do right away. While your race Pikna is no enemy, we also need to be on the side of caution. These are trying times for us all. I have my doubts the Kas-Mah would take well to these questions. Come on lets get there fast." she said going into a brisk pace to the places entrance "The Kas-Mah may have a treaty with us of trade. However they know little to nothing of your race Pikna. The Kas-Mah are a hunter and warrior race. Our first contact did not have the best results even. They might see those questions as ensabatage, meaning gathering information on foes learning there strengths and weaknesses. And from what I know, even there leader does not stand well for being called weak, even if you did not know you where saying that." she pointed out before leaving the building, after Pikna joined her she resumed "Your race has had no conflict for a long time from the sounds of it and I can see why as a result that some of.... this information would be unknown to them. I'm worried how the Kas-Mah traders would take to them. Mine would most likely not do much a messenger been sent to me already, they know I'll be on my way." she said "Would like me to carry you or can you fly? Or would you rather stay here?" she asked ready to take off in a sprint.

"That male Dalnr did seem rather... Hostile I guess." Pikna said in agreement as they began walking. "He doesn't seem to like me much either." She frowned and looked down. "He was also really scary. Just his body structure suggested a race designed for fighting. I said that when I met you both though." She quieted down a little then smiled. "I wanna go! I don't want to go back but maybe it's Jol at the trading place! He's really nice, and he always gave me things when I left! He also got the pain rings off me!" She giggled as her wings unfolded and began to buzz, both sets becoming a blur. A second later they seemed to sputter and stop, forcing Pikna to land again.

She tried a few more times to get herself off the ground before she looked at Shaza, her eyes wide.

"I can't fly." She said unhappily. "I think I overdid it yesterday." She sighed and began to walk, obviously upset by this. A second later she made another grab at Aera who had moved to her should because of Pikna's wings. Aera of course dodged and made another chirping sound as she settled back down on Pikna's back.

"I guess I have to be carried." She said, obviously unhappy about not beig able to take care of herself. She allowed herself to be placed where Shaza felt most comfortable carrying her, then held on. Luckily for Shaza, Pikna barely weighed anything, maybe 70 pounds at most. Her race had to be light in order to fly, even if their exoskeleton was extremely tough.

When the ride was over and they arrived at the trading post, Pikna dismounted and looked around. She instantly spotted the two Krahn and sprinted over.

"Jol!" She yelled happily as she ran over and hugged him around the middle tight.

"Pikna?! It's so good to see you." Jol said, bending and giving Pikna a big hug back. "What are you doing here? I thought you were still down in the forests."

"I found a friend! She's been letting me live with her!" Pikna said excitedly, grabbing Jol's hand and practically dragging him over to Shaza.

"Jol this is Shaza."

Jol smiled (a little disconcerting to other races) and gave a slight bow. "Jol Pholina, its good to meet you." He said. "I had thought little Pikna was still picking up my regular supply drops, but it looks like I can stop doing that now. Thank you for letting her stay with you. It makes me feel so much better knowing she somewhere safe."

Jol was much taller the Pikna, reaching almost seven feet tall. He was twice as broad as well, and had razor sharp spines that grew from his arms and legs.

"What have you been doing little one?" He asked. "Staying out of trouble I hope?"

Just like that Pikna was off, babbling a million miles an hour about everything she had seen and done.

"-and I got a pet see? Her names Aera and I have to catch her to make her mine but its really hard and she likes my back. Then I went back with Shaza again and I learned how to use their breeding pools which is how they make technology and its really interesting. Shaza's a good teacher although she can't answer all my questions but that's ok. I figured most of it out, see the pools are kept regulated by a complex series of pumps an-"

Jol reached out and placed a hand gently over her mouth.

"Pikna, its ok, calm down." He said, letting his hand drop. "Take a breath."

Pikna did as told and held it until he told her to let it out.

"Ok, well I'm sure it's very interesting, but I don't think I'd understand what you're talking about, so lets just let your friend talk hmm?"

Shaza nodded and watched her start to take off though eventually land again eye's wide. She smiled and nodded before crouching for Pikna to get on, almost like a piggy back ride only further down and allowing Pikna to use the base of her tail as a seat almost as she instructed her to hold on tight around her mid. Then she was off in a full sprint.

It did not take long for them to arrive and she crouched again for her to climb off before adjusting some scales as Pikna rushed off saying a name she mentioned before. Jol, she could not help but sigh as she saw the 2 greet each other and once again she wondered if she had done the right thing. She smiled back and returned the bow. The second race she's had contact now where bows seem to be a sign of respect. Or at least that seemed to be the case. She smiled and nodded as she was thanked for taking Pikna into her home. She opened her mouth to speak but he was already asking Pikna another question and she smiled a little letting the child let it out. After a bit though Jol had to gently silence Pikna before she spoke "I'm glad I could be of assistance. We found her or... she found us when I was on a rescue to get my son back, as we went I learned of some of her history and offered to take her in. In times like this I think its important to take each other in show hospitality and build bridges." she said before sighing "I'm afraid some of your leaders though did not seem to like the idea but they left with out incident." she said leaving out the detail how they had mentioned there weapons when Shaza had not agreed to there trade of Pikna for tech. "And I'm glad to see her settling in." she said smiling at Pikna before looking back at Jol "I should meet up with the leader of your trade group however. some of the questions I need to warn you about before things.... possibly lead to trouble." she said "The Kas-Mah are a hunter and warrior race. As a result we need to be careful with what you ask and say to them right now." she explained

"It is a sad thing that our society let this happen to Pikna." He agreed. "I found her trying to steal a bit of my meal which I had set to the side while helping a customer. I managed to get her story out of her, except the time she actually spent in the facility, she won't talk about that. Anyway I took the rings off of her and got her out of the city." He explained quietly. "They still don't know I had anything to do with her escape and I would prefer to not be put on trial for treason."

He listened quietly to Shaza speak about why she helped Pikna, then smiled and nodded. "I agree completely." Jol said. "Bridges are better then dams. As to the Kas-Mah, yes we have gotten some looks from them but they don't seem ready to attack yet. I can take you to the leader of our caravan. I'll warn you that she's a figurehead only. She just deals with logistics, we are supposed to govern ourselves. She can warn us about dangers but its up to us if we heed them." Jol explained as they walked towards a collection of metal platforms. They weren't huge, maybe big enough to accomadate three men, but on top was a collection of boxes and other goods.

A red female, a little bigger then Jol stood near the platform with a data pad in her hands. She was typing furiously on it and seemed engrossed in whatever she was doing.

"Vela, this is Shaza the leader of the Shatong, she wished to speak with you." Jol said respectfully. This time he didn't bow, and neither did Vela.

"Nice to meet you." Vela said gruffly, watching as the platform was unloaded. "Meaning no disrespect, I'm busy trying to fill orders. So can I help you with something?"

Shaza nodded "I understand, your secrets safe." she replied quietly before listening as he explained how they where suppost to govern them selfs "Well, with that in mind I'll just explain the risks so she in turn can inform the rest of you then." she said with a smile before they got to the metal plate like pads she looked at them wondering how those works and if they just follow something around. She looked at Vela and blinked at the greeting. Odd, that was a bit of a blunt one. "More like I could help you with something. I would like to inform you so others will be informed as well, that when dealing with the Kas-Mah to be careful. They are a warrior and hunter race, its best to avoid calling them weak or insult them. As trust is built wording it correctly will happen but for now, too many questions may give them the wrong suspicion." Shaza explained

Edited by little lost dragon

(Sorry, I didn't know what I was supposed to do. If you want me to make something up then tell me, I'm sure something will come to me)

Vela nodded as she touched her data pad again. "Thanks for the information. I'll add it to the psych profile of the culture." She said, glancing at Shaza as she typed. "Now I'm sorry but I really have to work, we have a new load of goods coming in..." Vela looked her watch them back at the platform which had been emptied. "Now."

The platforms lit up and blinding white light came from them. This lasted a few seconds before the light went out, revealing more boxes on the pad.

Vela left to go over and begin to take inventory.

Jol meanwhile looked at Shaza and shrugged. "She takes her job very seriously." He explained. "Speaking of jobs though, I actually have to do mine." He bent down and hugged Pikna who hugged back, then straightened.

"Shaza, it was nice meeting you. I appreciate you taking care of her." He said. "Pikna, be good, listen to her, and if you ever need me I'll be here or I will be soon." He gave her another hug then straightened. "Thank you again." He said before politely leaving and going to a nearby group of Krahn who were talking among themselves.

"Bye Jol." Pikna said sadly, waving a little to him as he walked away. "What now?" She asked Shaza, turning and looking up at the older woman.

Edited by Ryujin13

Shaza nodded before shielding her eye's a little as the new cargo came in. Interesting, teleportation of some kind, have yet to develop such in her race's tech. she looked at Jol and nodded "Alright, and your welcome, she'll be treated as if she where my own." she said watching him head off to the others of his group. she looked at Pikna thinking "Well right now.... I should stay until Dalnr shows up as I'm pretty sure he'll want to look over this new race, this trade post was agreed by him and I and another race joining it with out asking may.... cause a few problems but I'm hoping not too many, after that I'll need to prepare to head into there territory. I've been invited to a ceremony that involves.... yesterdays events." she said before shaking her "I'll need to find something for you to do as I'm not allowed to bring just anyone..... while I think you and... Varren might of gotten along well.... I'm only allowed to bring those he made friends and trusted." she explained "Your still learning the spawning pools, you could practice more and you know where my home is if I don't return for a while..."

Pickna nodded quietly and have Shaza a hug.

"Ok, I'll go back to the village. I'll see you later." She said, turning and walking off.

It took about an hour to reach since she wasn't in a hurry, but once there she went to the spawning pools and began to practice, every once in awhile making a grab for Aera.

It only took a half hour or so for Dalnr to show up, and it was obvious that he wasn't happy. He had removed his helmet for this and his teeth were bared in anger as he looked around. When he spotted Shaza he stalked over to her, glaring around him at the new guests.

"Did you authorize this?" He snarled. "If you did you should have asked me. They have been asking questions that sound a lot like ones that would be used to size up defenses."

Shaza hugged Pikna back "Alright, you take care." she said before watching the young alien leave. She inspected the trade post while she waited doing her best to help the traders of her and the Kas-Mah races to remain calm and stuff. When Dalnr showed up she went over to him seeing the look on his face. she raised her hands a bit in a gesture for him to calm down "No I did not, I got word of this only little over an hour ago. Little did I know they seem to be having an eye on us since yesterday. I've been explaining to them why they should not be asking such questions more so since they just showed up. There a race that from the sounds of it has not known strife in a long time. They don't really have there leader here though I am due to speak with one of the diplomats sometime today." Shaza explained "While it sounded like it will be about Pikna I think it maybe a good time to speak on other things as well." she suggested "Like those sort of questions and the trade post permissions."

Dalnr visibly forced himself to calm down and nodded.

"Alright, I understand." He said, lowering his voice. "Follow me please." He said, turning and heading towards the Kas-Mah side of the trading area.

The area they arrived at was a group of tents made of animal hides. A large fire ring sat in the middle with a large roasting spit over it.

Dalnr went to a nearby post where a huge bell hung. It was huge, almost four feet tall and easily as wide at the base. The whole thing was engraved with running animals and scenes of the hunt. Another post held a log on two chains.

Dalnr pulled the log back and let it go, allowing it to clang against the bell.

Waves of sound reverberated from the bell, loud enough to make ears ring if you were to close.

Kas-Mah instantly began to appear and one brought forward a sort of step stool that Dalnr stood on.

When the Kas-Mah had arrived from all over the trading post, Dalnr looked around and nodded.

"Great are the hunts of our ancestors, and great will be the hunts of our children." He said as though performing a sermon.

He gathered Kas-Mah murmured a word in their own language then stood quietly, watching Dalnr.

"There have been concerns voiced about our new visitors." He began, his voice carrying to the ears of all present. "I have heard them, and I understand them. They have come into our territory, and the territory of our allies. They have offended our traditions by enroaching on our hunting ground."

The crowd murmured their anger at this, obviously agreeing with what Dnr was saying.

"We would attack them and make them flee for doing such a thing, such is the way of or people!"

The crowd roared its approval as Dalnr punched the air.

"Alas, we cannot do this."

The crowd stopped at this and murmured their confusion.

"We are not at home. We have a new hunting ground yes, but we cannot linger on the old ways when they might affect our chance of survival. I know they have asked questions that seem to be searching for weaknesses, but they don't understand. They are not of our people. They have not used weapons in hundreds of years. They do not view their words or actions as that of aggressors, but of traders. They seek this knowledge so that they might deliver what we want or need. Look at their technology, the device that creates things from thin air! That is something we could use! We need to be patient, learn to accept them as different. What is the first rule we are taught as cubs?"

"Survival is for the worthy." The crowd murmured.

"And what is the second?"

"Do what you need to survive."

"Exactly! The old ways cannot be followed if they interfere with those two rules. We cannot risk our cubs, our mates, our home to cling to tradition. I ask you all, be patient and allow for their mistakes. Learn what you can in return, do not allow anger to risk our survival!"

The crowd nodded among themselves and clapped a little at this.

"Thank you all for your understanding. I know these are trying times. May the path be clear, and your arm strong!"

The assembled crowd murmured another word then began to disperse back to their tents or booths.

"That went better then I expected." Dalnr muttered as he stepped down and went to stand next to Shaza.

Shaza listened as Dalnr did his meeting and at first frowned a bit. Where they planning to attack the Krahn? The Krahn would be defenseless against them, side arms may take down a few but but the Shatong and the Kas-Mah knew how to hunt, shoot and kill. And both where not strangers to it as well. The Krahn where strangers to it.

She let out a breath of releif though when the speech took a turn from that and instead went to saying to learn and adapt to the new things instead. And she agreed though survival was a key thing here for all the races involved. Who knows how many would be scattered about this place. She watched them disperse afterwards and nodded as he stepped down. "Seems their willing to try, which is all we can ask for." she said "On another note, I accept your invitation for todays event. And the Guuji is placed where Varren spent most of his time when he was not running around out side." she said before sighing before switching gears "Anyway, seems the trade post is going well and has already shown promise of growing into a market place which would only increase relations and goods for everyone involved." she explained before looking at the tent entrance a thinking look on her face.

"That is good." Dalnr said quietly. "I know you don't follow our ways, but I thought that it would at least show respect." He placed a hand on her shoulder. "I am glad that you are coming to the ceremony. What happened to our sons was... Regrettable." He said stiffly, obviously hurt by what had happened as well. "But I will not let what happened destroy what we have begun. We will use this to show that we are connected even in tragedy." He looked down and sighed, sitting down on the step stool. "He was hotheaded, stubborn, and completely full of himself. I wanted to kill him half the time, but the other half... The other half of the time, he was a son that any father could wish for. I was harsh with him. I fathered him as I was, but I only wanted what was best for him. I wanted to see a grandchild from him and his betrothed. I wanted to step down and see him be the leader he was born to be. I wanted to die, knowing that the clan was in good hands, that my son had done well, that he had become the man I knew he could be." Dalnr's eyes had begun to water and he looked at his claws. "The last thig I ever said to him was a punishment. A threat about towing the line. I didn't even get to say I loved him. Now my family is gone. My mate on the homewrd wherever that is, my son's taken from me before their time." He shook his head, watching as a few tears fell into his paws. "My line is gone, my family, which has ruled for over twenty generations, has fallen. I am the last." He stopped suddenly and stood, wiping his face before turning and looking at Shaza.

"We look forward to your presence at the feast. Feel free to bring Varrens friends as well. All who knew him are welcome." He bowed stiffly and walked away, jumping almost twenty feet straight up and catching a branch. Then he was off, quickly disappearing into the swamp.

Shaza looked back at Dalnr as he spoke and listened as he spoke. She gave him a shaky small smile when he placed his hand on her shoulder her tail coming around and gently resting its tip on his in return. "Tragety is a 2 way cross roads, it can bring 2 closer, and it can push 2 further apart. I'm glad we both took the best path." she said as he sat down. She listened and sat down beside him listening more and looked at her own hands. While completely differnt ways of living, tridisions for the most part, they both suffered the loss of the final piece of there family's. Varren was the last she had as well, the rest of her kids, her mate, where all back on the colony before they ended up here. And to top it off she knew how he felt there with not being able to say good bye. The last thing her son also knew was stern punishing words from her as well..... heck his death maybe on her hands, had she allowed him to get medical attention he might of not bled out in the flood. The notion of that made her chest feel like a weapon just put a new hole in it. She got back up when Dalnr did and returned the bow before watching him take off. She let out a shaky sigh before leaving as well.

As she made her way to leave the trade post she nearly ran into Jol, she gave him a quick nod allowing him to pass before starting to resume her way home. Her tail flickering a bit distressed.

Jol looked after Shaza, noticing her distress, but didn't comment. He didn't know her so he couldn't really offer comfort, at least none that would mean anything. He turned and went back about his buisness, thinking about Pikna and her new friend.

The Shatong village was busy when Shaza arrived back, and it was easy to see why.

A group of three Krahn were near the middle of the village, talking politely with anyone who wanted to talk, but mostly staying out of the way while they waited. One had a yellow helmet that seemed to denote rank while the other two wore a white and a red helmet.

The yellow one stepped forward at the sight of Shaza and nodded to her.

"Good day." The yellow one said politely, revealing herself to be female. "My name is Fela. I am the ambassador appointed to your race. It is my duty to come to a peaceful arrangement between our two races and to facilitate open trade that will benefit us both. I have also been instructed to check on Pikna and attempt to secure her return to us. I have also been instructed to not force the issue at this time. That being said, I would like to introduce my advisor Seto, and my assistant Teya." She gestured to the red then white helmeted Krahn in turn.

"Now then, how would you like to begin?"

Shaza got back to the village and sighed before she spotted the 3 new Krahn once again in her district. She came up to them and nodded at the introduction "I'm Shaza, leader of this colony." she replied before looking around "Perhaps a more secure location would be more suited to our meeting?" she asked before leading the way to the places HQ. "And before its started, lets clear one thing, Pikna is allowed to leave when ever she wants, she's not being forced to stay here and I am not harming her in anyway, if anything she's been enjoying her stay, had she been lost and separated from her people against her will, kid napping, natural disaster, I would return her with out question. However such is not the case and she is now under my protection. She has sanctuary here for as long as she wants." she said sternly as they arrived "Now, one other thing, don't be alarmed by these openings, No harm has come to anyone going through these and Pikna has gone through these and came out perfectly well." she assured them before heading in, seemingly being sucked in.

The Krahn followed Shaza without question and stood up inside. They took the offered seats, then Feya turned to Teto and made a bunch of clicking sounds as well as rustles with her wings. Teto made more clicks and rustles. He passed Feya a data pad and she set it in front of her carefully.

"I don't think I made myself clear outside." Feya started, her tone polite and understanding. The voice that her helmet provided was designed to be as soothing as possible to make negotiations smoother. "Pikna as you know, is considered a national treasure. There has never been a gene mutation that has had these results. It is frankly a one in a very large number chance. She has been carefully raised to maximize her potential, but that isn't the point. We are a peaceful people. We haven't had a war on our planet in over 500 years. We will not go to war over this. We would prefer that she be given to us as soon as possible, but we will not force this. Many have concluded in fact that this might be good for her. So, that is where this issue stands." She said calmly. "Now, back to the real matter at hand. We would like to discuss our trade arrangement. At your outpost we have noticed that you have opened negotiations with another race, the Kas-Mah. We already have a racial profile based on observations if you wish to see it, but suffice it to say that we have a good idea of what we are dealing with. At some point in the future we might deal with them outside of the trading post, but for now we would prefer to work with you. Our council has drawn up an arrangement that we think is fair, but it can be changed of course." Feya said, sliding the data pad across the table. "As you can see, we would provide goods and technology that are not the following: offensive or portable weapons, biological items outside of food, vehicles, schematics unless authorized by the council, and technology such as transporters that hae military application. Plus anything else that could be used against us or any other race in an offensive manner. Our profile of your race is that you are a peaceful one and we do not believe that you will attack us, but we have been wrong before. We will not risk another race getting ahold of something that could change the balance of power in this sector. The ramifications would be disastrous." She smiled and nodded as she spoke. "I'm sure you can understand our position. Now, is there anything else that you would like to add?"

Shaza sat down the table coming up as she drew a little with her tail before they all sat down. She heard the threat again. Last time they mentioned there new guns, now there saying they would not go to war over this, strange they would be threatening war in such a passive manner. She mentally noted this. THough she was glad when apparently many feel it would be good for Pikna to be here.

She nodded when they got to the trade agreement talk. "Yes we have, not the best first contact but there leader is a very adaptive one." she commented. She picked up the data pad the hard surface a forin feeling to her hand of such nature. She looked through the list the chemical telepathic or IFF system her race has that tells her the basics of ones language aiding her in learning to read the data. "There is one thing I promised Pikna and that is if she does develop anything here, I'll share the data with you, however, depending on its nature, just like how you want to keep the playing field even, if she develops anything in any of these natures similar, I'll require a trade of similar nature. If she where to develop a brand new.... weapon system, we'd offer to trade it with you for something similar in return. Beyond that, we are willing to offer medicine's, as our main product, our tech is largely incompatible with most however but we can send over smaller items like scanners, devices along with a free included data pad to explain how to maintain the devices. For example we have a data pad of our own just like this one." she said holding one that had been handed to her "However instead of being assembled on a bench or factory, we spin the genetics in a spawning pool and grow it." she explained "We can not allow you to make use of anything larger right now as we... can't ensure your safety, we connect directly with anything larger." she explained before getting up and heading to a wall and after drawing on it for a moment a hole opened and she slid her tail all the way into it. Then almost on cue a port opened showing a membrane before it displayed what she currently saw "LAst time another race used our tech we found them dead..... burned out.... we can't allow that to happen again." she explained the screen hidden again as she removed her tail "But, what you saw at the trade post, and medicine are free to be traded, along with foods, even pets if you would like. Pikna seems to be rather enjoying hers, we call them Quarn, little creatures, we use them to teach out young the use of there limbs at an early age. The goal is to catch the Quarn, but it will run all over here." she explained sitting down again "When they die, they will simply decompose with in a hours tops. As does all our items if killed or simply die if damaged too much."

(Hey LLD I just noticed that in the title you misspelled concept. Just a heads up.)

Feya listened carefully, her blue eyes hardly ever blinking, each one glittering like a jewel.

"This seems to be a fair arrangement, and I'm sure that in the future we can amend this to allow certain items to be given on both sides. That being said, there is one more stipulation we would like to add. We want a Krahn of our choice to visit Pikna at least once every other week. You may supervise the interaction if you wish, but it will mostly be a checkup, some questions about her activities, and a few other questions that might come up due to her answers. This is non-negotiable I'm afraid, and I don't personally believe that it will be disruptive to her activities." Feya tapped the data pad, bringing up a long contract before sliding it across the table to Shaza.

"This is the contract detailing the things you asked for and the things we asked for. If you are in agreement with the following please sign. You may of course take as much time reading it as you need."