little lost dragon

Ryujin13 and I

Shaza hugged the Krahn child back and smiled as she greeted her back. She looked at Dalnr then back at Pikna then back to Dalnr "As I said, she's been left a bit skittish. she had a few fears of me at first as well." she said before looking at Pikna "Its alright, where not going where urgent, he's not angry, matter of fact he'd like to welcome you to the family that will be forming with in 2 weeks here." she said smiling "Where going to be strained for the next while though so no tight hugs alright?" she said patting Pikna's back gently before looking at Dalnr and nodding.

Pikna looked at Shaza, then at Dalnr in a confused way, then began to talk to herself like she did when stressed or confused.

"... Cross species propagation is possible but unlikely as genetic structures are to dissimilar, meaning that either an offspring can't be conceived or else will not function and probably die during birth. Possibilities for a match are 1-" She stopped when Dalnar took a knee and gently put a hand on her shoulder. She flinched at this, but turned to look at Dalnr with wide green eyes, her hands automatically finding Aera and holding her protectively.

"Pikna, my name is Dalnr." He said quietly, his four eyes kind as he looked at the young girl. "I know you know that, but we got off to on the wrong foot when we first met." He looked down for a second, then back at Pikna. "Listen, I know that I snapped at you, and I'm sorry for that, but I would like to start over if that's alright."

Pikna was carefully letting Aera and avoiding Dalnr's eyes as he talked, but when he finished she sneaked a peek at him.

"That is a very nice pet, what's its name?" He asked, his tone kind.

Pikna looked down at Aera and held the pet close, but not tight enough to hurt it. "Aera." She squeaked.

Dalnr smiled and nodded. "That's a pretty name. Maybe you could show her to me later." He sighed and glanced at Shaza before continuing. "Pikna... Shaza says that she adopted you. From what I've seen I'm pretty sure you already consider her a mother don't you?"

Pikna nodded, her eyes now back on Aera.

"Pikna, Shaza and I have decided to get married." He said gently. "Like Shaza said, I would like for you to be apart of it."

Pikna's pheremones were confused as a hundred different emotions raged, making the air around her reek.

Dalnr for his part ignored the smell without an expression of disgust even registering on his face.

"Are you going to hurt me?" Pikna asked, her voice barely a whisper.

Dalnr shook his head and gestured to Shaza with one hand.

"I would never hurt a child, even one from an enemies clan. I snapped because I was worried. I will give you the same respect that Shaza does to the best of my abilities."

"I um, I..." Pikna glanced at Shaza, then at Dalnr again. "I..."

Uncertainty began to pour from her as well as a mix of sadness and uncertainty as her body finally decided on those things.

"You, you want to be my father?" She asked quietly, watching as Dalnr nodded. "I don't know. Shaza was always nice to me. You yelled at me and suddenly you want to be my father? You sound like one of the people who pretended to be my friend so I would work for them! You don't care about me, you probably don't even care about Shaza! You just want to use me like everyone else!"

She yelled, her words becoming louder the longer she talked. After her outburst the turned and flew off to a nearby tree where she perched in the branches and resumed petting and talking to Aera.

"That didn't go well." Dalnr said, turning to look at Shaza. "You want to try and get her down? I would just frighten her."

Shaza watched the 2 interact and for a moment there, the 2 seemed to be making progress. Then she seemed to do what she did with Shaza once before. Come to that conclusion that they want to use her. She nodded "Like I said, her time with her own people has..... done this to her. she had a out burst like that with me before too." she said before "Pikna." she said walking over to the tree with Pikna on it "Dalnr will not be using you, and it has been a few days since he snapped at you. He and I will be getting married and you'll be treated like family, as a daughter not a scientist or.... whatever you where called back with your people. Dalnr is a caring Kas-Mah and as a result that's part of why he snapped that one day. I don't expect you 2 to get along right away, but, give him a chance alright? I trust him, he's invited you to be his daughter as well as mine. And you will be treated like so, as a loved and cared for daughter." she said. She was glad she warned Dalnr of this behaver before hand.

Pikna seemed to ignore Shaza's words for a few moments as she continued to pet and talk softly to Aera. Finally she looked down at Shaza, her eyes sad. "I don't want you to forget me." She said quietly. "If you marry him, you won't be able to be my friend like before."

Pikna fluttered to the ground, sadness pouring off of her. "Kas-Mah engage in rites of passage. I never did that and I don't even know how to hunt. I don't want to hunt either, I don't want to kill things. Dalnr won't treat me like a daughter because I'm not like his child. So it will just be you, and you won't be able to be my friend like you are now because you have two people to pay attention to."

"I don't care if you're a hunter Pikna." Dalnr said, walking over and kneeling again. "I won't judge you because of what you do with your life. You aren't a Kas-Mah, why would I judge you like one?"

Pikna looked down and shrugged, unable to come up with something to say.

"Pikna, you're right, Shaza will have two people to pay attention to. But she is your mother, and if it's alright, I would like to be your father."

Pikna glanced up at this, her eyes locking on Dalnr's.

"Did you know that not everyone in my clan are hunters?" He asked quietly. "There are builders, weavers, wardens, all kinds of different things a person could do. Yes everyone learns the basics of hunting, but then they can choose what to do from there."

"An advanced society couldn't function with only hunters and warriors. A social infrastructure is needed to facilitate growth of a give tribe." Pikna said, reciting something from memory.

"That's right." Dalnr said. "We couldn't grow without those things." He sighed and touched her shoulder again. "Pikna, I don't expect you to adhere to my culture. I don't expect you to get a job in my clan, or even follow our customs. Shaza doesn't follow them unless she chooses to, you can do the same. The only thing I want is for us to be apart of a family. You, me, and Shaza. I'll be a father to you, and yes I will expect you to be good, but you already do that, so there isn't a problem." He gave a small smile to Pikna who looked away from the four eyes, letting Aera again.

"Pikna could you look at me please?" He asked quietly as the child looked back up after a few moments. "Pikna, in my clan we consider promises to be binding. Breaking one is considered a horrible deed unless circumstances prevented you from completing the promise. I promise that I will never hurt you. I will never let anyone else hurt you. I will respect you and your wishes. That I will not use you for your abilities or knowledge without your consent. I will be a father to you like Shaza is your mother, and I promise that no matter what, I will always be there for you when you need me." He finished.

Pikna looked down again, thinking, before meeting Dalnr's eyes and giving a little nod. "Ok." She whispered, looking at Shaza for a moment, then back. "Ok."

Shaza looked at her and sighed as Pikna spoke. She'd need to work that with her. She watched as Dalnr handed this and smiled a bit. She came over and knelt down to Pikna's level as well and placed a hand on Dalnr's back and Pikna's. She smiled at both of them and nodded "While my attention maybe split a little Pikna, I'll do my best to be the mother you need Pikna, as Dalnr the father. You'll get the chance that you where removed from, and that is to be included and part of a family that cares for one another." she said looking at Pikna "Now for 2 weeks we are going to be going through the cleansing for 2 weeks, at the end of the 2 weeks we'll be getting out marking. Dalnr will be joining us for the night in our home, but where going to be raw each day even with the medican." she explained before looking at Dalnr and Pikna "So Pikna, I won't be up for anything sudden, And Dalnr.... we'll have to watch your fur, it will regrow for sure if lost, we can make sure of that." she said

((At friends place))

Pikna nodded and hugged Shaza again. She didn't hug Dalnr for a multitude of reasons, but Dalnr hadn't expected one either.

Pikna looked around after a moment, then quietly stepped back.

"I'm going to go to the spawning pools. Quinn is expecting me." She said, running off before a response could be given.

"She's been hurt a lot." Dalnr said quietly as he stood up. "I feel bad for being so harsh with her. I just snapped because of what was happening with my son." Dalnr shook his head and stretched. "I hate to see any child like that. I've seen it before, but I've always been able to stop it before it makes such a lasting impression. Her... I don't know if she'll ever fully recover from her problems." He glanced at Shaza, then around. "I'll do my best to be a good father, but I don't know if I can give her the support she needs. I am not you by any stretch."

Shaza watched her take off and nodded standing up looking at Dalnr "I agree and the worst part is, we, other species have to show her what a real family is. Her own kind saw a gift and only that, she was ignored and.... made a slave of her own gift." she said with a sigh "You can see how she assumes we'll force her gift when she's unsure. They used ring on her arms to cause pain if she did not listen, you can see the marks they left behind..... I've adopted her, and given her sanctuary here. She may not be of either of our races and not with her own kind, but I'd rather see her learn how growing up should be, allowed to use her gift on her own accords. Maybe once or twice if needed as well we all go through those times, a hunter may need to catch a prey to feed there partner so the partner may live on." she said before offering her hand to Dalnr "But enough on that, let me show you around, I hope your not too bothered by not being dry most often, your son thought we lived in beasts bellies." she said with a giggle "He did not say it, but he said it with his body."

Dalnr shrugged a little and followed Shaza, looking around quietly, his four eyes automatically appraising different entry and exit points, definsible positions, as well as looking over the people, judging their threat level. He didn't expect an attack, but automatic responses were hard to shut off, even when he knew he was safe.

When Shaza showed him her house, he did as she instructed and held still. Like his son he wanted to struggle, and once inside he was tense, just like Defas had been.

"Shaza, no offense but I can see why my son didn't like it in here." He said, forcing himself to remain calm. "It's like being inside a stomach. It's like you've already been eaten."

Dalnr closed his eyes and forced himself to breath before carefully beginning to remove his armor. It took a minute or so, but soon he was standing in a pair of pants. He didn't bother with the shirt as there really wasn't a need for one. All of his armor as well as his rifle went into a corner out of the way. He carefully bio-locked the rifle so that nobody but him could fire it, then touched the wall.

Dalnr wanted badly to shudder at the touch, but fought down his urges. If he was going to marry Shaza then this was a sacrifice he had to make. He would learn to, if not like it, then tolerate it.

"Should we begin the cleansing?" He asked, looking back at Shaza.

Shaza nodded and went out side again. When he came through she started to lead him towards another 'building' "Just remember, we'll be in there for only 15 min or so, other wise you risk injuring your self and trust me, you don't want to do that in that fluid." she explained. When they entered the place the inside had a bunch of blue light being emitted from small tendrils hanging from the ceiling. Instead of a few large bulb like things giving normal yellow light. She spoke with a pitch black female who nodded though that one reguarded Dalnr with a critical eye.

Shaza paused at a pools edge and looked at Dalnr "You may want to remove your clothing. It may get removed the hard way in here." she suggested before waiting for him to be ready.

The pool was large enough for 2 Shatong to fit in and was only deep enough to get to there upper torsos. The fluid its self was being given a dark blue color from the lighting. "These tendrils are grown to both provide light, a way to get out quickly of the pool, and to provide the medicine we'll need to avoid being too raw for tomorrows cleansing." she explained

Dalnr looked around the cleansing area quietly, then carefully removed his clothes. He didn't speak as he was using time honored methods that would block out the pain. Finally he nodded to Shaza and stepped into the pool. The effect was instant as his skin started screaming in pain. It felt like knives were cutting away at him, each one expertly used. He growled and closed his eyes, focussing on what needed to be done, and blocking the pain.

When the time was out he quickly pulled himself out of the pool and shook slightly so that more of the liquid came off.

"How do I get the medicine?" He asked, looking at the tendrils.

Shaza nodded and entered with him. Gritting her her jaws as she stepped in the fluids doing what there suppost to do. When it came time she pulled her self out as well before looking at Dalnr and nodded "Just grab one and treat it like a tube and squeeze some out. Don't be alarmed that it glows, its whats lighting the area." she said as she demonstrated it. She began to slather it on her own normal slime gone taken off by the pool. Before long she was softly glowing in the stuff though her movements showed she was still feeling very sesitive. She came over to Dalnr "How are you? Would it be alright if I had a medical team look you over? Just to make sure its safe for you to continue. Not saying you can't take it, but I don't want you injured or worse on accedent."

Dalnr did as Shaza instructed, ignoring the pain as he did so, his face hard as he slathered the goop on. After he had applied the ointment, for lack of a better term, he nodded to Shaza. "I think that would be wise." He said, waiting as the two medics came in.

They did a full check, taking blood samples, skin samples, basically everything that could be affected, then began to use their data pads to begin an analysis.

After a few minutes they moved to the side and quietly whispered to themselves before nodding and walking to Shaza.

"After a full workup, we have to conclude that continuing the cleansing is not a good idea." One said as the other began to clean up.

Dalnr bared his teeth a little and shook his head. "I can take the pain, and I want to do this."

"I understand that, and I know you can take the pain, but this has nothing to do with that. Shatong DNA is more malleable then yours. We adapt to our surroundings very quickly. Our bodies can take this kind of punishment, yours cannot. The first problem is this, even with the ointment, your body will not heal fully by the next day. We estimate that by the third experience in the pool, the cleansing liquid could enter your system and literally eat you from the inside out. The second problem is that you are having a minor allergic reaction as we speak. Feel your hands, maybe feet swelling slightly? Due to your body not healing completely the allergic reactions will only get worse. You will die from that as well."

"I will follow your customs for my future mate, no matter the risks." Dalnr stated, his voice hinting at anger.

"And I am not suggesting that you not do it any more, I am ordering you. You will not do this again. You will die, and what is more there is no reason for you to do it. Your race does not retain DNA like ours does, there is no need to cleanse yourself. I can tell just by looking at you, that you are thinking of sneaking in. I will be locking this place down while not in use, and a guard will be just inside to keep you from entering. This is non-negotiable." The doctor said before turning and exiting the room.

Dalnr snarled and wanted badly to punch something, but he also remembered that the building was alive, and that punching it would just hurt it. So there he stood, seething in rage as he realized he couldn't share in Shaza's suffering.

Shaza looked a little worried as the exam was going on. When they finished she nodded when they told her the conclusion. She then watched at Dalnr insisted on continuing. While she could see his frustration she did not want to kill him either. "Dalnr." she started but was interrupted as the medical explained the details. She slowly came up to him "We'll think of someway. But they are right and your not a Shatong, and this is the reason we wanted the medical team to show up, I have no intention on watching my allies leader die just to get part way to being married to me. Would do none of us any good." she said with a sigh "But based on what they saw and said, the basic reason for this happened." she explained "Now your not the first to learn of being unable to go through this. But our other method is.... kind of hard for you to do. We simulate the pain. Through hooking you up to one of our computers, however.... you lack our tail to do so." she said thinking "Dalnr..... do you wish to go through something to show to the others your dedication? I'm sure we'll come up with something. I don't doubt your dedication, but not everyone here knows you either." she explained "If so.... what causes your kind great pain? Something similar to the level you felt in this." she asked

Dalnr looked back at Shaza, obviously trying to control his anger. It took a few moments, but finally he nodded.

"There are many rites and trials which force us to endure pain." He said quietly. "The closest to this would be the Ch'lor, the bleeding. It is used as a test of strength, courage, or devotion, at least it was, because it hasn't been done in generations." Dalnr sighed but nodded. "The initiate will first spend two nights in the wilderness without food, water, or clothing. On the third day they are brought back to the village and hung by their wrists from a tree for another day. On the fourth day, a chosen person, usually another warrior, will take a knife and make a cut for every member of the tribe. When that is done, another day passes before the initiate is cut down and allowed food and drink."

Shaza frowned in thought "I think I can see why it has not been done for a while, the initiate could end up bleeding to death on the tree they hang from alone. With the body already weak unless they have a high endurence and good blood balance.... would not take much to bleed out. That would be 150 or so cuts placed on you here. And I do not intent to return to your people with your body. I will not entertain the idea of such. But I do have a way to maybe..... replace that with something as painful just not cutting you. For prisoners of war we have a serum only used on those that have committed great crimes against the people. Enough of it kills the being with pain. we could tie you down and give you a little bit of this, you feel like your very blood is acid in your veins and it won't leave for a good few hours." she explained "That combo-ed with being hung from a tree with no food or water.... the pain will be there with out the death factor. In place of the number of the cuts, you spend a few hours a day for the 2 weeks tied down with this as you will struggle and flail about when injected. It would be the same if not worse to go through, but it does not real damage unless given in large amounts. it also prevents you from passing out."

Dalnr nodded and glanced at the pool. "I wish I could do this with you." He said. "But your option will suffice." He looked at Shaza again and shrugged. "Shall we go?" He asked, gesturing to the door.

Outside was the same as they left it, although the wind did make his skin feel a little better. The sun, not so much.

"Where do we to now?" Dalnr asked Shaza, looking around. "Is there something specific we have to do, or do we just go about our day?"

Shaza nodded and got another thinking look on "Where not going to be in any state that involves much contact with anything hard, your going to need to take it real easy with that allergic reaction. We could head to the relax center, there's all kinds of soothing things in there, from pods that hold you and message you nicely to pools with a fluid that helps one relax to.... we'll you'd just have to see it for your self. Its really enjoyable there, though many races have have seen it seem to suddenly react more to things with.... a lot of blushing." she said before shrugging "Besides that.... I could show you a thing or two with spawning pools, but over all... the couples would resume there normal lives after the sessions, as normal while being careful." she explained "Its not till the second week when we start deciding on a mark to symbolize our bond."

"That sounds nice." He said, following Shaza to the recreation room. As they walked Dalnr focused on not showing the pain that was coursing through him.

"Shaza, I've been thinking." He said, glancing at the activity around them. "I know that Pikna is a gentle soul, and that she doesn't want to hurt anyone, but I still think that we should look into teaching her how to defend herself." He said quietly. "I'm not saying we turn her into a fighter, or even that we should focus a great deal on this. All I'm saying is that we should teach her some basics. How to shoot a pistol, some hand-to-hand, maybe even how to use a rifle. I'm looking at it from a fathers perspective, and I would rather her have at least some skills then be defenseless."

Shaza nodded "I understand and agree, but for now we must let her settle in, she's only been here for 2 full days including today, I'm glad she's adjusting to life around here though. Seems she's befriending Quen as well. Taken a great deal of interest in the spawning pools seems to be one of the few challenges she gets." she said with a small chuckle as before entering the relaxation center. Inside there well over 50 Shatong milling around going and out of the pods swimming in the pools among many other things. She looked around then at Dalnr "So, what would you like to try first?" she asked her scales still stinging a lot.

Dalnr glanced around and gestured to one of the nearby pools which seemed to be empty. "Lets go for a dip. I think it might help a little." He said, quickly removing his pants again. He didn't seem particuraly shy about being nude around others, nor did he seem to care that others were nude.

Dalnr gently let himself slide into the pool, sighing as he finally touched bottom.

He glanced at Shaza and smiled before leaning back a little.

"Tell me something." He said quietly. "About your planet, her people. What do they believe? What do they strive for? Do they have goals? Like reaching the stars, traveling to new places, meeting new people? Or do they want solitude? I don't really know anything about you."

Shaza nodded glad to see he seemed to be adapting to the fact no ones wearing anything here besides Pikna in the spawning pools and him here. She stepped into the pool with him and leaned back against the soft edge of the pool "We grew up on a planet we can only assume that was left for dead, its said all that was on was a couple of huge vats of organic matter. How we came about no one knows. We learned to use the matter, and thus our tech was born. As for we believe, in a higher life form? We know they are out there, but we don't have a set belief system. Some believe in a all powerful god while others look to a building.... not that drastic. As for goals, all Shatong strive to continue to help our kind survive. Its almost DNA thing that we have to procreate quickly to adapt to the new setting. While other species would almost stop if kidnapped like we did here, if anything, it kicks us into over drive. Aside from that, we look to the stars, colonized a few planets, we want to extend a hand of friendship to others. But often times we are met with gun fire. They take one look at us, see our organic tech, our reptilian looks. And suddenly we seem to be a threat to many other races." She explained "You would not know our home world was a desert waste land now, we've terriformed it back to its state before it died, turns out its a paradice like planet, where still working on who was there before and why. Some say God created us to do just that, restore the planet, our homes terriform the spot there own and a area around it. Restore the soil. Make it fertile if the area becomes dry again. Get enough homes together and this organic... tree looking thing starts to grow. Its rare but if one grows its said to be a sign that our city has been fruitful. This tree like thing has openings that we can live in, if a young's born in it we'll the young cocooned by it, but emerge safely a few years later, seemingly taught the basics to survive. Its somewhat self aware as well, it armors the area's it feels is harmed, along with actively blocking our attempts to connected to it. We don't know why it grows, how it grows, or even how it remotely functions... all we know is that it helps the colony it grows in...." she said before stopping "Ah sorry.... I was getting carried away there." she said submerging most of her body in the fluid "What of your people?"

Dalnr listened quietly and shrugged when Shaza asked about the Kas-Mah.

"You pretty much know what there is to know. We came from a planet covered in swamp. There were a few mountain ranges but they were small. There were also two landlocked seas, but they were small as well. The world was dangerous, with everything eating something else. There are clans spread all over the world, sometimes fighting, sometimes trading, but mostly we leave each other alone except for when new blood is needed. Because the clans lead such solitary lives we have to make sure that new blood is introduced every so often to prevent inbreeding. It's not forced, two clans generally meet and join, relationships are built by the members, and when children are conceived, the female goes with the males clan. It's an efficient system that makes everyone happy while keeping the genetics clean." He stretched and let himself sink to his neck in the liquid before continuing. "Our race has always been at a low population, mostly because of where we live, but also because of the rites that all young must participate in. Two cubs are the usual for one of our females, with four being the maximum. Only one birthed is a true rarity though, and the child is considered to be blessed, to be slated for greatness in the future." Dalnr gave a yawn after this and adjusted how he was sitting before continuing. "Our race has never wanted, or needed to strive for the stars. There have been scientists of course, who have looked up and wondered, but mostly the Kas-Mah are happy and prosperous."

Dalnr glanced around quietly then moved around so that he was nearer to Shaza and could talk quietly.

"I will tell you a secret though, one that has been known for some time but has been kept from the people. Some fear it might upset the status-quo others that it doesn't matter, either way it's been kept a secret." He glanced around and leaned in a little closer. "The Kas-Mah are not originally from the world we call home." He said, his voice low. "There have always been scientists and those that study the past. They can trace us back about 20,000 years in the fossil record before we just disappear. It's like we just appeared on the planet all of the sudden, like magic. Of course that's stupid so there are a number of hypothesis about the mystery based on what we have found. Now, in one of the mountain ranges there is a shrine of sorts. In it there are drawings of Kas-Mah with light coming from above. There are others faded with age but all are like this. The Some people claim that there are pictures of great flying ships. Some of the scientists concur. There are a number of leading ideas right now, each with its own merit. Some talk about asteroids depositing our genetic material, which doesn't make any sense with the fossil record. There are ideas that maybe we just haven't completed the record. But then you get to the interesting ideas. The first is that we are in fact children of another race. That the Kas-Mah are in fact members of an advanced society who came across our planet. Some believe that we chose to stay of our own accord, some that the ship crashed. For whatever reason we ended up on the planet by accident. The second idea, and the one I think more likely with the data, is that someone, at some point in time, came to our planet in a ship. They surveyed it, completed numerous experiments, then seeded the planet with the beings who would become the Kas-Mah. My question is, who did this? How? Why? Were we criminals of some kind, set down on a world where they hoped we would perish? Or maybe was it some kind of science experiment. It's always been something that I've wondered about. I can sit there, look at the evidence, then wonder about the past, wish that I knew more." He stopped and smiled before scooching away a little bit. "I'm sorry, I got to talking and went overboard." He said.

Shaza listened the fluid up to her chine. She found it interesting how they prevented inbreeding. Being low in numbers though would cause worry like that though concidering the amount of partners and who's related to who. She looked at him when he shifted closer to her and nodded as he told her the secret and that was intriguing. 20,000 years then poof. She got a thoughtful look to her face as he explained that. Afterwards she shook her head "No its alright." she said before quickly dunking her head before surfacing again only up to her neck again "I do know I won't be able to join your clan persay, I have my own colony to maintain still. If things went wrong I gotta be around to help deal with it... or near by at least. Does not mean I won't be visiting but.... all in all I'll still be here as well." she said "As for.... how you came about..... my race we know we should not have been born on the planet we had been. I can only imagine that for the majority of our prehistoric life who else lived on the planet battled with them selfs and then left deeming the planet dead leaving vats of the organic stuff. But for you.... if you allow us we might be able to trace your DNA back to your roots as it where. Then run that through our computers which then may, not promising anything, but may inform us of your origanel location and or how you came about." she said before leaning back in the fluids again her tail relaxed between her legs as they where slightly splayed to allow that "Wat would you like to know about us as well?" she asked

"I cannot deny that I am disappointed that you will not be joining me in my clan, but I also one with that going in. Luckily we are not to far away from each other, and isotonic won't be a problem. As for checking our DNA, I think that would be very interesting. I can give mine whenever you have the time to run the tests." He smiled a little then went back to thinking.

He considered his next question for a few moments, then nodded and looked at Shaza. "Alright, what's your planet like now? You said it was dead, but now it's not. What's it like there? Is it grassland, forest, swamp? What's it like? What lives there besides you?"

Shaza got an idea for the living together part. "We could make a home in the trading post now that I think about it, equal distance from our colony's already guards there, with the possiblity of the Krahn joining in the post it will quickly become a trade hub and if any other races show up.... yes the risk would be high, but if its a Shatong home it would tell me if anythings been done to it or in it. Since its living it knows these things." she explained "But that would allow us to live together and not be too far from our colony's, we could look into making a method of transportation to allow your people to cross the swamp safer at night that way in an emergency your not at such of a risk of death should the night creatures attack." she offered before thinking about her home world "I my self have yet to be at the home world, I was born and raised on the colony that had been placed 20 or so years before I was born. But I hear its a lush planet now, using methods that restored it we terraformed the planet the colony is on. The help of our homes and a few other things, we take DNA we find in fossils and such, run calculations through our computers to see the impact it would have if we restored it. Sometimes a planet or wildlife. On the homeworld its said we had to dig up water reserves under the sandy surface, then after making it accessible we'd grind up the sand to turn it into powder then leave it on the soft moist ground around our homes, giving it a soil like look and feel which planets seem to like even if its not real dirt. rinse and repeat for a good.... 1000 years the methods being refurbished redone and the planet was once again, a living thriving place. The reason we did not die well..... we don't know to be honest, our homes can sustain us, we bring in stuff like sand dirt dust what ever we go through step in the works, it absorbs it and as it does that it cleans us right down to the core. It does not touch living cells however it does target infected cells making it like some.... kind of immune system. Seems safe for other races though Pikna even seems perfectly fine with the slime like look and feel. Our only conclusion is that.... how ever we or... something else created the homes, its those that kept us alive. Some rumors say we created them but if you ask me, we maybe skilled in making tech out of DNA and proteins, but back then I'm sure we where at the very least still learning the basics." she concluded. "My proof is where still processing the homes DNA.... years later and that's not even close to the complexity of the tree like homes." she pointed out before stopping and smiling a little but shook her head "Sorry, getting carried away again. The homeworld that I know of is more or less a paradise like world now. There's wild life but we leave each other alone, unless there an endangered species, apparently some maybe sent out to aid in reporducing to get the numbers back up to a stable amount, another unexplained thing, right now its just explained as part of our adaption ability. Like I said, throw us into a ocean planet and chances are you'll find my kind with gills living there most likely after some time."