little lost dragon

Ryujin13 and I

Dalnr smiled a little and nodded. "Yes it's allowed, but I'm not much of a dancer." He said. "I can stalk prey for days without a sound, but when it comes to dancing my feet don't know what to do with themselves." He stood with Shaza and moved into the circle of tables near the fire. He tried his best to dance, but mostly it was just him pretending to move his feet as best he could to keep up with Shaza. "Like I said, I don't dance much." He explained as others joined them in the dance.

Shaza got up with him and took his hand "Then I'll teach you a few things my kind can do." she offered as they went to the fire. When they got there she started a slow dance to the beat of the singing the Kas-Mah females where making. When he commented again he does not dance much she placed both hands on his shoulders and looked at him a small smile on her lips "Just follow my movements. You'll catch on." she said quietly before she resumed her tail moving behind her in a rythmic motion as she danced making her body and leg motions be slow and visible to him her hands helping him stay steady.

Dalnr watched Shaza for a moment then mimicked her movements as best as he could. Soon enough he caught on and was dancing along with Shaza. He didn't add anything to the dance, but he did do what Shaza did well.

"You're very good." He said quietly. "If you were a Kas-Mah you could easily be a fire dancer." He glanced around and noticed the others dancing, but this dirt seem to bother him much. Instead he focused on Shaza's eyes, his bluish-grey ones glowing in the dark. It could have been the wine talking, but he couldn't deny that Shaza was beautiful. Her movements, her eyes, everything about her was beautiful in the firelight. He continued to dance with her for awhile, and as they danced he grew more and more attracted to her. The wine had taken over him now, and when the dance slowed, he finally lost it and pulled Shaza in to kiss her deeply.

Edited by Ryujin13

Shaza smiled as he caught on to the dance and continued to lead him. Her tail swaying and moving to the beat her legs moving and once he knew the pattern she altered her pattern a bit so his moves and her's flowed together rather then just them copying each other. she looked into his eye's as they danced seeing them looking back into hers. The fires blue color out lining his looks. Though she was completely unprepared for him to suddenly pulled her in for a deep kiss. She was completely startled at first and her mouth did nothing. then she slowly started to kiss him back knowing he was most likely intoxicated but it may help them do what she had planned to further relations, and... the idea she had to help him continue his line, plus he seemed to be a good male too, caring when need be, firm when the time calls for it as well. She put her arms around him as they kissed. After they broke the kiss she looked at him "Tomorrow meet me 10 kilomiters to the right of the post and I'll explain a proposal." she said in a whisper looking into his eye's with her reptilian ones. She held him in her embrace before letting him decide what to do next, her tail once again seemingly swimming up to the beat, each curve moving.

Dalnr looked down at her as she spoke and smiled a little. "Why do we have to wait until tomorrow?" He asked, blinking slowly as he spoke. "We're here now, and my proposal is much easier to accomplish." He was obviously drunk at this point, but that didn't stop him from pulling Shaza in for another kiss. When he finally let her go he glanced around again before leaning close to her. "My home is empty if you would care to join me." He whispered.

Shaza gently placed a hand on his chest and looked suddenly firm in her behaver "Dalnr, not right now, we both need to rest and I also have a colony to attend to. Proposals will have to wait until tomorrow. We'd both be in a better frame of mind to think it through and plan accordingly." she said avoiding saying he was drunk. "I need to make a few arrangements first if I'm to join you in your home for a night." she said truthfully. Her eye's not rejecting but firm in it not being now. she had only had one glass of wine and she did feel a little woozy but Dalnr.... he had lots and it was showing but she would not point that out. Telling a drunk there drunk never went well she found. she kissed him this time on her own accord "But I'm free to dance with you till the celebration is over." she said softly.

Dalnr looked down at Shaza's had when shrugged stopped him from advancing on her, his look one of confusion. He looked up at her again, the wine definately making his decisions for him. "I'm um... You're not a Kas-Mah." He said quietly. "But you are beautiful." He looked around again and shook his head. "I'm drunk." He said suddenly. "I should go home." He looked around to the old Kas-Mah and gestured to him. "I need to go home, I'm not fit to be in public now."

The ancestor nodded and gestured to a younger Kas-Mah. "Help him home." He ordered.

The younger Kas-Mah nodded and tried to take ahold of Dalnr's arm, but Dalnr yanked it away. "I can walk just fine thank you." He said, looking at Shaza again. "I'll meet you tomorrow." He said before walking off into the village, the young hunter following him.

The ancestor turned to Shaza and walked over to her. "I apologize for any offense he might have given." The older said quietly. "He has lost a great deal, but I'm she you know that already. Now, the moon has reached its apex and it is to dangerous to attempt a boat trip through the swamp. We have a guest house set up nearby for you. There is a fire already prepared there, as well as a small assortment of food as well. There will be a guard outside as is custom." He looked at her any realized she didn't understand the custom so he explained.

"In the far past when the swamp was more wild the tribes had to constantly be on guard against predators and other dangers. Most families relied on each other to keep each others safe, but visitors from other clans didn't have others to watch out for them while they slept. So they were given a guard so that they could sleep. It's a tradition we continue." He explained.

Shaza nodded "No I am not, but you rest now." she said softly "And you are handsome as well." she replied smiling. She watched the young hunter come over to help but was not suprized when Dalnr waved him off. She turned to look at the ancestor and nodded "He did not do any harm. He stopped even when drunk, if anything he's earned more of my respect from this." she said with a smile listening as he spoke more. She tilted her head looking concerned when it was mentioned it was not safe to cross the swamp now. She worried for Pikna, planned to be there in the morning for the young Krahn. She nodded as it was explained a guest house was there for her. As well as a guard. She did tilt her head to this but nodded when the custom was explained. She didn ot look too happy about not being able to return to her people tonight but she had no reason to think they where lieing either. Even Dalnr when drunk could tell when he needed to stop, he could have pressed her more, even threaten. But he did not. "I thank you for the hospitality." she said though with a small bow before looking up at the moon "I should retire for the night my self. But over all, its been.... helpful to attend this tradition." she admitted

((Shall we time skip till the morning?))

The ancestor smiled and bowed before gesturing to one of the Kas-Mah nearby. "This is Ruisa, she is a warden of the surrounding areas. If you need anything, just ask her for it." He said said quietly. "We are glad you could come to the ceremony, it is more for the ones left behind then anything else. If it helped, then it did what it was supposed to. You can leave at any time after sunrise. In the meantime, sleep well."

(Sounds good, although I'm going to assume that Shaza left early to check on Pikna.)

Dalnr woke up a few hours past sunrise the next day. He managed to get upright and make his way to the wash basin where he splashed water on his face. After that it was outside to head to the medicine man for a pain reliever. The throbbing in his head from last nights drinking was aweful, but such was the price for being stupid. An hour or so after that and he was feeling back to normal. He spent a few minutes thinking about the night before. When he managed to remember what he had said and done to Shaza he groaned and clutched his head. What he had done could seriously weaken the alliance especially if she took offense to what he had said or done.

Dalnr did remember Shaza saying to meet her outside the trading post. That was odd if she had taken offense. He thought a good long time about what she had said before deciding. He went back to his house and washed himself then brushed his fur as was custom. His armor went on next and finally his rifle over his shoulder. He quickly made the arrangements for his being gone, then leapt into a tree and off towards the meeting point. He made it to the place that Shaza had said, and picked a nice rock. This he went and sat against before activating his camouflage causing him to practically disappear. Then it was time for a catnap in the sun while he waited.

Pikna had slept fitfully the night before, fully aware that she was alone again. She knew that Shaza's absence meant that something important was happening or that she couldn't come back because of circumstances, but it still bothered her that she was alone. When she awoke the next morning she stars in Shaza's house, unsure of what to do, and frightened that Shaza wouldn't come back. Who would protect her from Feya or the other Krahn then?

Pikna had managed to catch Aera the night before when she had scooted against the wall and scared the pet off of her back. Aera for her part didn't seem to mind and was now curled up in Pikna's arms asleep. So there Pikna sat, her friend Aera in her arms, her back against a wall, and her eyes watching the wall where Shaza would enter, hoping that Shaza hadn't gotten hurt or lost.

((Yeppers))

Shaza nodded to Ruisa as she was introduced before listening some more and nodding. After thanking him again she asked Ruisa to her to the guest home. Once there she thanked the Kas-Mah and went in and sat down looking at the painting, necklace and cloak. she was unsure if she shoulder remove them or not clothing was a forin concept to her kind. She decided to remove them for now and fold them carefully like she had seen other doing so. the necklace laying on top. She looked at the fire and laid down. It was not a Shatong home by far, but it'll do. She fell into a light sleep.

When she woke again the faint light of the sun in the morning was out, or should she say, just entering there area. She got up with a yawn and carefully gathered her things. Feeling a little sticky and unclean due to not spending the night in her home which cleans and helps feed every night though she asked Ruisa where she could wash up first before returning home. Afterwards she crossed the swamp and thanked the Kas-Mah again before taking off back to her own territory. she passed the trade post and eventually got back to her colony stuff in hand. She walked to her home and wondered how Pikna was doing. She entered her home to put the stuff away, and to see how Pikna was doing. "I'm sorry about last night, I had planned to return but I had not known there swamps dangers at that time of night." she explained as she picked her self up.

Pikna squealed happily at the sight of Shaza and ran over, giving her a big hug around the middle. Aera crawled around onto Pikna's back to avoid being squished as Pikna began to talk excitedly. "Shaza I was so worried about you! You didn't come home like you said so I thought something had had happened but then I thought about it and realized that maybe you were delayed because of night so I waited here. But yesterday one of the people in the breeding pools showed me how to make different things like tools! It was so exciting! I think I understand what the different things I have been shown mean, but maybe I can learn your language? I think if I did that I could start designing better things! Like I had an idea that maybe we could make a portable breeding pool! I don't know if that's possible though so I had to wait for you." Pikna finished. She had said all this incredibly fast and now stood there looking up at Shaza.

"I um, I missed you Shaza." She said again, suddenly realizing how childish she had sounded. "I was scared you wouldn't come back, that you would leave me and Feya would come for me again."

Shaza smiled widely as Pikna rushed over hugging her. She hugged the child back closely. she chuckled a little as she heard how she was taught things at the spawning pools and got a thoughtful look as the idea of a portable one. She looked at Pikna in the hug though and bent her upper body and neck to kiss the small Krahn child softly "I missed you too, I was worried when I could not return when I had wanted but I'm glad things went well for you." she said "I'll always return as long as I have a say in the matter." she softly stated "I do have one more meeting to go to Pikna, but I promise I will be back today. Relations duty's between the colony and Kas-Mah matters." she explained gently squeezing the Krahn child in the hug before letting go "I should be back by noon, if I am not, feel free to locate Quen and ask him show you a few things about spawning pools and how they work under what you see on the surface. Making a protable one.... right now I don't see how that would work, but once I'm you'll need to tell me more details." she offered

Pickna frowned a little at Shaza's announcement of another meeting, but chirped happily when she was told that Shaza would only be gone for a few hours. "Ok Shaza, just be careful." Pikna said, giving Shaza another hug around the middle. "I don't want to lose you."

Happiness pheromones were coming from her now, this time smelling more like honey then anything. She let go after a few seconds then chirped again. Aera came around off her back and Pikna took ahold of the little creature and showed it to Shaza. "I caught her last night." She said, hugging Aera close. "She's my first pet you know. They wouldn't let me have one when I was in the labs. They said it was a 'distraction'. I got lonely though. They just said that they were my friends and that I shouldn't be lonely because they were always there. I guess I believed it until now. Now I have Aera though! She's my best friend!" Pikna scratched Aera's head, causing the creature to croon happily. "I guess you should go though." Pikna said, watching the older leave.

(I'm just going to time skip to Dalnr. If you have something to add we can work it out)

Dalnr was napping in the sun when a proximity alarm in his helmet went off, showing that something was within 100 yards of him. He blinked awake and looked around, spotting Shaza in an instant. He stood and deactivated his camouflage, then took off his helmet so that only a breathing mask remained.

"Um, hello Shaza." He said awkwardly. "I... That is, I wanted to apologize for last night. I was intoxicated, and I did things that were inappropriate. If I offended you I understand, but I would like to keep the alliance at least. My people shouldn't be punished for my stupidity." He looked down and away, a sign of shame in his culture. "I would like to say that I did mean what I said. You are quite beautiful, by Kas-Mah standards and your own I'm sure. That doesn't excuse my behavior though, and I hope you will accept my apology.

Shaza smiled and nodded "As I don't want to lose you." she admitted hugging her back smelling the happy pheromones before pausing as she heard about how she caught the pet. She smiled and nodded "Congratulations Pikna, even us adults have trouble catching those once there on." she explained before nodding "I'm glad you 2 have each other. and your free to add to your friends family as well." she said smiling before leaving again.

When she got there she smiled a bit and came over to Dalnr and place her hands on his shoulders "Shhhhh, I'm not mad at you, you displayed much more control then many do when drunk. You still showed your sense of respect. And for that, you've earned more of mine as a result." she said gently guiding his head to face her's her eye's soft but leading "Now, I wanted to meet you away from the others because what I'm about to say may prove.... a bit trying to some to accept. My kind can reproduce with so far any other kind. You mentioned your line would die with out another mate, and honestly I don't hold much hope of making it off this world my self. Its in my kinds nature to procreate as well." she explained "It would help us all, strengthen our alliance, a Kas-Mah, and a Shatong, together, show our races that bonds can be made, despite our differences. It would give you another child to take your place when the time is right. And before if the though crosses your mind, my kind can hunt as well and learn different ways and methods to survive." she explained before letting go and taking a step back to give him space "Dalnr, I see a strong wise caring male in front of me who'm I feel I've grown close to. Its said that through strife can bring those closer faster, and I think that applies to us. LAst night when you where drunk you offered for me to join you in your home. When your drunk there is no thinking that are no masks, your true self shows the most. What you think what you do how you act. And you showed your self to be a respectful being Dalnr." she finished off saying pausing to see how he would react to this. She had more to say but wanted to hear his reaction.

Dalnr stood in silence as he listened, stunned by what he heard, but not showing it. He was a leader and that meant that showing a strong exterior was as natural as breathing. "I um, I would like that." He said quietly. "And you are beautiful, but I... I need a child to lead the Kas-Mah. They will accept anyone strong enough to take and hold leadership, but that would mean that the child would... Would need to be raised in the village for the majority of its years. He or she could visit you, but it would be infrequent. When it reached Defas's age, then it could visit other places, but until the rites of hunting have been completed, the child would need to stay in the Kas-Mah village." He looked down again, then back at Shaza. "You are a woman of great strength, kindness, and ability. A woman that any male could wish to call his mate, but I also understand if you wouldn't want to join with me because of what would have to happen with the child. I appreciate your offer, and I accept if you are still interested, but do not feel pressured. It is your decision and if you do not feel comfortable with what would have to happen, then I understand."

Shaza did not need to see his suprize on the out side as his response was hint enough. She had never seen him struggle for words at all before. She listened and nodded "I could have 2 homes. One with you to visit the child and be the mother he or she needs when I"m there." she offered "But I do accept, however we'll need to prepare first, you will need to prepare your self till its as if you have never had any children as if any of your last mate makes on to me, it could prove fatal. I in turn will also purge my self. In my culture when 2 beings become mates they are binded to each other. Through a mark on there tails that only flows with the other half of the mark on the partners." she explained showing her tails under side where dark blue marks where though they where faded "Mine will be replaced and since you do not have a tail, we'd get the mark on our backs so when we stand side by side, the marks would complete each other showing to others those 2 are taken." she explained having her tail go back to normal. "And we'll do it my kinds way we will also do your kinds way, both, going through both cultures marriage practices. It would help both of us know and show our people that its nothing to hide either." she explained smiling. "I do not know if he would need a mask... most likely not, he would not have the mimic ability but, he'd have both our kinds hunting ability, the fitness, and most likely longer talons on the feet and hands. The tail.... has always shown up, female? 9 feet long, male 8 feet, But while it may seem like a useless appendage.." she paused before it whipped around over to Dalnr's hand snatching his helmet out of his hand before she held it in her hands "Has its uses including helping to balance on otherwise very trouble some passages, serve as extral limb in a fight when used right. Among many other things." she explained handing the helmet back so that way he knew the tail on the child would not be a useless weight. She stopped suddenly "I"m sorry... I'm getting carried away here, all the possibility's. Is there anything you want to add? Change?" she asked

Dalnr looked down and gently took his helmet back then set it on the ground. He looked at Shaza, then carefully took her hands and held them gently.

"I... You need to understand something Shaza." He said quietly. "Our child, boy or girl, will have to undergo the rites of the hunter. They are... They're dangerous, and not all make it through. I've been speaking with different people about changing some of the tests to get survival rates up, but I can't guarantee anything. Beyond preparing the child for the rites, we couldn't help. Doing so would make the clan view our family as weak. The child would be scorned, a challenge would be put forward within 24 hours, and even if I were to survive we would be driven out in disgrace. I need you to understand this before you go any further. I would be honored to have a child with you, but I cannot let you commit without you understanding the possible ramifications of your choice." He looked down at her hands and gently rubbed them with his thumbs. "I don't want you to make this decision based on grief either." He said, looking up into her eyes, his four unblinking. "I know you are hurting from the loss of Varren, but I want you to make this decision based on us rather then grief or political action. I would rather not have you then for you to regret this forever."

Shaza looked at him and listened letting him hold her hands. She nodded slowly as he spoke her eye's looking away as she thought about what he was saying. She nodded when he explained how he wanted to do this for her and not have her regret this later. "My kind is one of... adapting, throw us into a ocean planet and you'll start seeing us with gills." she said with a weak smile "Dalnr, I'm not offering this just because of the grief and political action. The thoughts of it first came when I first laid eye's on you, how you dealt with the situation, from what I know of your people, how you act, you could have been treating me like some softy had you wanted. And as time went on, searching for our sons, seeing you guide your people to a peaceful relation with the Krahn, conducting your self even after 6+ glasses of wine, not pushing matters that you wanted at the time, its all only been met with approval and respect for you. Having you as a mate would be something I would like to happen, even if we where both minors from our respective races." she admitted gently lcosing her hands on his "We can't do this right now, I must prepare and cleanse my self, if you would like to partake, it would help for when we get the mark." she explained "While I do grive for Varren, my kind is one of prcreating for adaption to win, you could say, this is like a need for me as well. And the only one I've seen that I'd want to be bonded with, is the who's hands I have in mine. Right now." she said with a soft smile "You've been supportive, firm when need be, caring, understanding, and respectful, quality's I look for in partners." she said softly.

Dalnr smiled back and nodded. "I will follow your customs just as you are following mine." He said softly. "If doing this cleansing is part of that, then of course I will do it." He considered his words again the continued. "Kas-Mah marriage, is a very ceremonial affair. A lot has to take place before it can happen. When the two weeks of cleansing are over, I will need to return here and prepare a few things. There are things I have to gather and things I need to do. Then I will propose to you. After that we have to present ourselves and the things I have done to the shamans. If they approve we can be married. They haven't rejected anyone in centuries so that's not a problem, I'm just warning you that this will be somewhat complicated." He smiled again and gave a little shrug. He opened his mouth to speak, then closed it as a thought occured to him. "Tell me, what became of that little girl, the Krahn that we met?"

Shaza smiled and nodded. "The cleansing will take a bit tis self. But it is for the best. I my self need to appoint a new Hatng, a.... priest. As some would call them, to bind us. The marking process will also require some prep. It stays strong as long as the two mates remain together, as a result we are allowed to make a design our selfs. I will share one half, and you will share the other, when we stand by each other the marking will look completed. But I've already said must of that." she said before nodding at his question "I've.... adopted her. She's under my protection, her people have tried to get her back with words, for a race that's not seen strife.... there keen on mentioning there weapons and war each time. Strange if you ask me, but for her her self, she's adjusting well it seems. She's smiling a lot, having fun, she was really worried last night though.... over all, she seems to be liking her new home. Her own people where... trying to use her gift. To the point of.... trying to make her a robot I have to say, following orders no questions asked or pain devices would activate, no friends, its left her.... skittish at times if there's the slight idea she might be used again. Her people do what to check on here once every other week, and I have already established a trade agreement with them." she explained "They want her back for her mind, to make her come up with new things, the way I see it though, one that is allowed to use her gift, on her own accord is far more likely to make use of it more for the good of others in the future, rather then being mistreated and used." she explained "So while the threat of.... conflict is involved.... they don't seem to be keen on it, and if they attack to get her, they'll learn that while we are peaceful, we got teeth." she finished off saying the threats that had been quietly implied clearly on her mind when talking about the rest of the Krahn.

"Well it's good that she's being taken care of." He said. "I was a bit harsh with her because of the circumstances, but I would be happy to adopt her into our family. At some point in the future I would like to meet her again and get to know her a little, but that can wait for the time being." He thought again before nodding. "Alright, when do we begin this cleansing? I'll need to appoint a stand in while I'm gone, so there is that." He thought for a moment, then smiled a little. "I think that's everything. I think we can get started as soon as you are ready."

Shaza smiled and nodded "I understand, she was talking a bit much when we needed to be moving." she admitted "But you two should get along just fine." she said before nodding "We can begin the cleansing as soon as your ready. It won't feel good I admit it makes it as if you've never had a mate so to speak. Its a needed process for those like me where while we did have a mate, the need rose where I need to find another one and he's no anywhere near by or able to help me." she explained "When any homo interaction includes fluids it kills us. Our bodys try to adapt too much to be come compatible and we.... litterly die as our body's tears them selfs apart." she explained "This includes anything remaining that might be there when finding a new mate. The cleansing is a medical purpose." she explained "After I have selected a priest, prep will begin on a marriage pod. The pod will close with both of us inside it with little to no space to move about, this is to both have the couple close, and enable them to feel each others reactions as the pod places the mark on us." she explained before pausing "Nothing of that is remotely fatal though. After that the colony throws a celebration for the wedded couple." she said with a smile

Dalnr smiled a little and shrugged. "Pain is nothing new to me. As I said, the rites of the hunter are dangerous and often painful. I can do this, and I will do this." He let go of Shaza's hands and reached down to his belt where he took ahold of his communicator.

"Kaon this is Dalnr." He said calmly. "I will be unavailable for at least two weeks. You will be in charge of the clan until my leave. Speak with the ancestor and have him validate you in front of the tribe. Hunt well."

A confirmation came over the communicator before Dalnr turned to Shaza. "Alright, let's go." He said, picking up his helmet and turning to walk with her back towards the Shatong village. "What does the cleansing actually involve?" He asked quietly. "I mean what will happen? Some of my people's rites involve deprivation of food and water, that sort of thing. What does this involve?"

Shaza nodded her hands going to her sides as she waited as he called for his place to be covered when he was gone. When he had finished that she nodded and started to walk back to her village with him nodding at his question "The cleansing happens in a special pond like pool we make, its got enzymes that when stirred feel like a dozen knifes cutting away at you, at least for my people, its removing everything that may of lodged its self in your skin scales and fur. It takes so long as we will easily and quickly become raw in the pool and its not safe to remain in it for very long, to avoid our hides from becoming too raw and weak to continue the rest of the day we are going to be giving a formula that heals and hardens the area's its placed on. This is repeated, once every day, for the 2 weeks. The reason why its repeated for so long is because its a matter of life and death for us as I explained before. As life moves along and you have a mate, or had the time spent with them would have soaked in a bit. The cleansing is to remove this risk of death and to also encourage couples to really think about who they want to be with." she explained "On the second week that is when we decide on the mark we would like to share, which half goes on who. This takes planning and I will have to teach you how to draw it as how you draw your half, can determine just how painful the marking will be in the pod. It takes a good few days to complete the mark regardless of what it is as we will have to be very careful. On the last day, after we finish the time to go through the last cleansing session, we will not be treated for weak and raw instead that is when the marriage will happen. The pod its self will easy our soreness and heal any wounds that may had been developed on accident from the cleansing." she explained as they went "A very trying process leading up to it, but part of the reason for that is to make sure, both are willing to go through anything for each other. As loyalty, and respect are highly regarded. Physicle pain is the least painful, if 2 can not endure the process for each other, whats to keep them together when things hurt the inside. The mind for them?" she asked. But the pod after the mark has been done, will be part of the reward for going through the process for them, inside it will sooth, help the couple relax, and even for some, message them to sleep inside. Trust me even you dislike the slime, the messaging it can give will make you never want to leave. Of course, we don't let them stay forever in there, but its able to be uprooted and re planted by the couples home."

((I'm making this up as I go lol.... harsh but ensure the loyalty to each others partner.))

Dalnr nodded his understanding and smiled a little. "Pain is an illusion." He said. "I just hope the pool doesn't make my fur fall out." He gave a half smiled and continued walking.

(I'm going to fast travel if that's ok.)

Pikna meanwhile was busy learning the ins and outs of the spawning pools. She had been at it since Shaza left and was gaining an understanding very quickly. After lunch she was headed back to the spawning pools with Aera on her shoulder when she spotted Shaza coming into the village. Pikna chirped happily and ran over to Shaza to give the older woman a big hug. She was taking a breath to begin talking about what she learned when she noticed Dalnr standing there. Pikna seemed to visibly shrink and backed away slowly, using Shaza as a half shield. "Um, I'm sorry, please don't be angry at me, I didn't mean to make you angry." She said, fear coming off other again.

Dalnr took a few steps back and gestured to Pikna. The meanings was clear: 'would you please explain the situation?'