little lost dragon

Ryujin13 and I

Shaza stood up and was embracing her now "Shhhhhh." she made the sound softly "Shhhhhh I don't blame you for his death Pikna..... if anyones to blame its I. He was gone before you found him..... if you notice, he had many cuts.... none of which he bled from when you got to him...... the water drained him of his blood..... its my fault because.... before the drone got to them they fought, Varren and Defas where always at odds right from the start. He ended up cut all over and I denied him medical attention..... had I not done that he might still be alive.... but its not your fault Pikna alright?" she said quietly eye's closed as she held the alien in the hug before sighing and letting go and standing back up opening her eye's showing them to be a bit blood shot. She went over to Dalnr "We should return to our homes..... we need to warn our people about this possiblity of what the drones did to our sons happening to more." she said before looking at Pikna "I'm extending an invatation to Pikna to return with me to my home for as long as she would like." she said loud enough for her to hear.

Dalnr stood to one side, his back to a tree as he watched the water flow by. When Shaza spoke to him, he looked at her slowly. He wasn't angry with her, he couldn't be. It had been his fault that he had sent Defas with Shaza, and now both of their sons were dead.

Dalnr said something into the communicator in his own language then watched as the other hunters disappeared into the woods and headed back home.

Dalnr himself went to Defas's body and crouched down, fiddling with the boys hands before he stood and turned to walk away.

"I need to make preperations for the future back home. I'll be in touch." Dalnr said to Shaza as he walked by." He paused and put a hand on her shoulder for a moment to comfort her, then walked away into the forest where he disappeared.

Pikna continued to shake as Shaza spoke, expecting a shock or another for of pain to show up at any time, but hugged back all the same. "Thank you." Was all she could manage when offered the chance for a place to stay. "Who will I stay with though?"

Shaza nodded and and looked after Dalnr as he went into the forest before looking at Pikna before she got hugged again. "You'll be staying with me..... there is going to be a.... vacant chamber now.... it won't be a problem." she said before letting go of the hug again "We should get going..... before the flood spreads more." she said before something happened that made her spin around. The water was rapidly lowering now. And a drone made a very fast pass over them going before leaving. As if to get a reading on the results before a field came over the flood zone evaporating the remaining flood water and before there eye's the ground was moved and shortly it looked like nothing happened. Demonstrating what the place could have done. She closed her eye's looking away "Can you walk?" she asked Pikna "If not I can carry you if you want." she offered though now that Dalnr and the others of the Kas-Mah where gone she let some tears come out. She wanted to leave now, it held too much pain and now anger. Anger at the place they seemed trapped in. At any moment it could kill them, or kidnap them and move them where ever it pleased.

"Type one scanning beam collecting results of the test." Pikna said quietly as the drone completed its pass and glowed green for a moment. A beep followed and the drone flew away. "Results were positive and the system has concluded that this test is complete." Pikna retched again as a bird of some type flew down to Defas's body and picked a piece off.

"I'm alright to walk." She said quietly, turning towards the way that Dalnr and Shaza had been coming from and heading in the direction.

She was quiet as they walked, and for almost two hours she wouldn't respond to anything. Truthfully she didn't know how. She wasn't good at social situations and didn't know how to go about comforting a crying person. Finally she looked up at Shaza and spoke. "Maybe it's better that I don't go home with you." She said quietly. "It's my fault he's dead. I didn't even try and save him. He's dead because I didn't want to break the rules and risk being hurt. I wouldn't expect you to keep your word about letting me come home with you, not after what happened. I should just go." Pikna had stopped dead and was refusing to look at Shaza, even when the older woman tried toget the little girl to look at her.

Shaza looked at her "Pikna..... he was dead before you got to him...... even if he was not he would have died either way..." she said "Your not to be blamed Pikna, not at all." she tired to say before sighing "You helped us when you had no need or obligation to. You could have left when Dalnr first snapped at you, heck you could have decided to not even show at all and watch us blunder into the flood zone. You did not and you helped us find the body's of our children... while that may sound bad... its no mystery to us now where the children are making it easier to move one knowing there gone and not just missing." she explained before taking a deep breath "Truth be told Pikna..... I.... I want to adopt you. You feel like a daughter to me even with the different race fact...." she admitted

Pikna glanced up at Shaza when the older mentioned adoption, a hinto of both fear and happiness there. "You're not angry?" She asked. "Are you going to hurt me though? I don't want to do tests anymore, I just want to study what I want."

She knew that Shaza was going to ask about being hurt and the tests though, so Pikna looked down and showed her wrists to Shaza. "Mommy said I was special." Pikna said quietly, the white circles around her wrists evident where the color had bled out. She also gestured to her neck where the same thing had happened. "I was born with a mutated gene that changed my size and color compared to everyone else. Normally that would be a death sentence, but the gene also changed my IQ and gave me photographic memory. I'm three times smarter then the Krahn's greatest scientist, and I'm still growing up. The government decided that my parents couldn't be entrusted with me for fear that my talents would be wasted, so they took me away and put me in a research facility. I was there for four months before appearing here. They put these on me." She explained, showing three hoops, one large and two small. "They made me hurt when I did something bad like breaking the rules or when I didn't study well enough. When I appeared here they continued my studies. They said I was going to lead them out of this place when I was old enough. But I managed to get away and get the collars off. Now I'm here I guess." She looked up at Shaza quietly again. "Your not going to hurt me are you?"

Shaza listened to her story and shook her head placing a gentle hand on Pikna's shoulder "I'm not going to harm you nor is anyone else in my colony going to lay a hand on you. And yes you'll be free to study what you wish." she said softly "There won't be an.... restrain.... cuff things either. You'll be treated like one of our own." she explained before giving her a soft smile "Your intelligence won't be forced here or there. I trust that you won't hurt anyone at least not you won't try to. If you where the kind to do that you would not be so quick to blame your self." she said before looking in the direction of her colony "I think your people used and lost a gift you have, They where right that you had one from the sounds of it, however treating you like they had is no way to raise a young one. You'll be safe and free in my colony." she finished off saying giving her a gentle squeeze on the shoulder "You might even find it fascinating how things work there too." she said on a lighter note "Even seen organic tech before?"

Pikna shook her head quietly as they began to walk.

"Organic technology wasn't really a viable solution based on our environment on the home world. I have read about it though, and it sounds fascinating." She said quietly. "That sounds like it would be fun to learn about."

She went silent again, this time out of respect for Shaza. After all the older woman had just lost her son, she didn't need some random child asking hundreds of questions about stupid things.

When they arrived back at the village though, Pikna made a weird cheeping noise in fear as they spotted two beings that were obviously of her race. They stood in the middle of the village conversing quietly with any who spoke to them, and didn't seem to carry any weapons besides a sidearm which was holstered untouched.

When the larger of the two spotted Pikna and Shaza, he smiled and walked over, stopping a littles in front of them.

"Hello." He said cheerfully to Shaza. He gave a larger smile to Pikna and continued. "I'm so glad you are safe Pikna, we were all very worried about you." He glanced at Shaza and smiled again before extending a hand. "Dern of the Kahrn Commonwealth at your service." He said happily. "Thank you so much for finding Pikna. She's been missing for days now and we couldn't find a trace of her. It's that mind you know, to smart for its own good." He smiled and shrugged. "Anyway, we've come to return Pikna home, so if you don't mine we would like to take custody of her now."

Shaza nodded and lead her back to the colony. The trip was quiet sometimes tears came over her face other times now. She paused though when they got near the colony and spotted more of Pikna's kind. She heard the Pikna's fear sound. She gently placed a hand on the young ones shoulder as they approached. She listened and looked at Pikna then back to them trying to think of something to say. "Right now I have already offered her sanctuary. She's under my protection right now. However we can arrange a meeting for say tomorrow. I'll hear you out and then I'll give you my answer then. For now, its not the time for such requests." she said carefully both trying to let them know she'll hear them out but at the same time keep Pikna safe. For now though she just wanted to return home and process it all through. It was hard to miss that she was suffering from a loss even though she tried to be the leader she needed to be.

Dern frowned at the response and his eyes flicked to his partner. "I don't think you understand." He said after a moment, his voice still friendly. "Pikna is considered a national treasure. What's more she's a child who needs to be raised among her own kind." He looked at Pikna and crouched again, extending a hand. When Pikna didn't come he frowned again and straightened.

"I'm sure the reason you offered her sanctuary is because she told you about her environment. While it is true that she has been subjected to learning devices that have not been utilized in over a century, it is only for her own good. Pain is a very good motivator, and I can assure you that it isn't anything more then a mild shock. We would never permenantly hurt one so special just for the sake of learning. I don't suppose she told you the rest did she? No of course she didn't. Pikna is extremely gifted as you have probably noticed. Math, physics, writing, art... Everything lays down to her like lovers. Nothing is beyond her reach. Though I disagreed with her treatment on the home world, here it is necessary. The faster we train her, the faster she can get us out of here and home. We would of course be happy to share our way out with you, especially if you gave her back." He extended a hand, then sighed and continued. "Since arriving she has created 18 designs, from industrial scanners to research labs, to crop gardens. She even designed these pistols for defense. The marvelous thing about this is that she made the designs so that we could use existing materials from tools we already possessed. Then she made more designs so that we could manufacture the parts we lacked. She is a remarkable girl, and if she is returned to us, we would be willing to have her design anything you might need.defense systems maybe? Better agricultural tools? The point is, we can help you if you help us."

Shaza sighed and looked at Pikna, in otherwords trade her for tools that could help them, or keep her to keep her safe and that may even benefit them both in the long run. She looked back at them "I see what your saying, however the pain you did inflict has sent away from her own people and she clearly does not wish to return right now. She may in time and if she does she's free to do so. A great mind should never be compressed to try to get what you want, that only limits there view and sometimes even in time turn them against you. Like any talent you much train it yes, but not strain it as well." she said trying to hide her frustration. "As I've already said, I've already offered her sanctuary here for as long as she wants. Before you think I'm denying you opportunity's. She could also learn lots from here as well that she otherwise would not anywhere else. If you don't force this, she might still return one day, and with her the possibility of more things could come from her mind. However regardless of answers, today is not the day. I must rest and she's been quite busy as well trying to save my son. Return tomorrow and we'll talk more details then. Now if you'll excuse me." she said placing a hand on Pikna's shoulder gently guiding her to her home. "Again, if she wishes to return to your kind, she's free to do so when ever she wants." she finished off saying.

Dern glanced at his colleague who was a little ways behind him, then back at Shaza, a little surprised by this turn of events. He seemed to carefully consider his options, then took a small step closer then bent so that only he and Shaza could easily hear.

"Listen, this is a bit of a hazy area morally because of the methods used, but I would ask you one last time to hand her over. She is a child who has been seperated from her home. Yes she did it herself, but you have to consider, if we found one of your children, we would do everything in our power to get it back to you, regardless of methods used to raise it. That's because children rarely know what's best for them." He sighed and shook his head, straightening up to his considerable height. "Sadly I already know your response, which means that I'll be forced to go back and report what I've learned to the hive. Luckily we are a peaceful people. These weapons are the first to be created for actual defense in over 15 generations. I'm sure that a negotiator, well more like a diplomat, will be sent here with a few others within a day. I'm sorry our first contact could not have been under better circumstances. Pikna, its good to see you're alright." He said with a nod to both before turning and walking back to his colleague. He paused and turned, tossing a small object to Pikna. "Since she's learning anyway, might as well give her the tools she needs. No need to worry about tracking devices or things of that nature, she would recognize them in an instant." Dern shrugged and turned again, his wings unfolding and starting to buzz as both he and his partner flew off into the distance.

Pikna still seemed upset at the return of her people, but was also looking over the scanning tool with quick, precise, movements.

"It's just a scanning device." She whispered as she attached it to her carapace around her waist. She was still standing vey close to Shaza and was shaking slightly, obviously still nervous about the visit. "Why didn't you accept there offer?" She asked quietly. "When taking a risk one must always check to make sure it outweighs the reward. I'm just a child and The Krahn would have kept the bargain. They would have shared technology in exchange for me. Now you're risking conflict over a child." Suddenly her eyes widened and she stepped back, fear coming back to them. "You don't care about conflict, you want me for yourself. You want to keep me here so that only you will benefit from what I can do!" She looked around, panicking as she back up. Her pheremones were going again, as horrible smelling as always. "P-please I'll do what you want. My people would help you give what you want, just let me go home!"

Shaza closed her eye's and sighed "Pikna..... please. I want to help live in a setting where your talents are not being forced. I have considered the pros and cons, when it comes to war my people are no strangers. And that would be a very rash step though. Had you been seperated against your will I would have returned you with out a second thought as they are right. But I have offered you sanctuary and you agreed which means its my duty to keep you safe. Both phycilly, and mentally. I'm not going to force you to use your gifts, I'll help you learn to use them but I won't inflict pain to drive you." she said clearly strained by all this "For all I know I'm just making the worst set of decisions in my life but I have no one left to fall back on. If you feel I may just use you..... there's nothing stopping you from leaving. The pros to me sheltering you not only means you can do some growing with out being used, but you'll be far more open to using your gifts when not being hurt. I've seen what using pain to make others work does. And it never ends well. I've already seen 2 children die horrible fates. I do not wish to watch a 3rd happen." she said looking away. "But no Pikna, if you do come up with new things, I'll share them with your people and if you allow, the Kas-Mah as well. But even if you don't come up with anything and are content with learning, I'm fine with that too." she said before giving a sigh "My homes over there." she said pointing at it "I need to rest..... think on what's happened today, and try to deal with my grief for tomorrow. Your free to join me, wonder, leave, what ever you want." she said before starting to head for her home tail hanging low against the slimy ground of the colony.

Polka stopped backing away and looked down, unsure of what to do. She had never been good with much if anything beyond learning and now she was being stuck in the middle of a complex social situation. Dern had been right about the schools being easy for her, but not everything was. Social situations, friends and the like we're very hard for her. She was so much smarter then the children of her age that she alienated herself, leaving her without much life experience when dealing with people. Being taken away only made it worse because there weren't even children to watch at the facility she had been sent to. So there Pikna sat, unsure of what to do or how to respond now that she had hurt the feelings of the woman who seemed to care for her.

When Shaza disappeared into the house, Pikna made the decision to leave the older woman alone. Shatong were staring at her which made Pikna uncomfortable, but there were so many interesting things that kept her mind off of it. The first were the houses, and Pikna wasted no time in running over to one and poking it with one finger. The outside moved like flesh and it was only seconds before she was already spouting observations about it, as well as hypothesis based on her observations. What was amazing was the sheer accuracy of her observations and her guesses. The guesses alone were up in the 90% correct area and all of her observations were spot on and well thought out. After looking at the outside of the house, Pikna seemed toget bored and walked off in another direction at random. She seemed to just look at anything interesting, including such things as tools to small things like toys that a child had left lying around. In particular she was very interested in the little pets that a lot of the Shatong seemed to have. They seemed quite frustrating before they were caught, but very nice after you laid hands on them. Finally she seemed to grow tired and began to head back to Shaza's house, but stopped outside.

Shaza had said that Pikna was welcome, but she still wondered if the older woman was really in the right frame of mind for a house guest. Her son had just been lost after all and now she was just inviting a random child in.

Finally she shrugged and mimicked the way that Shaza had entered, appearing inside where she stood, immediately resuming her observations and hypothesis.

"-probably a symbiotic relationship in conclusion, with the house gaining nutrients from skin cells and other debris from the body, while the Shatong gain a shelter." She stopped and looked around, not seeing Shaza immediately, then went to a nearby room. Inside was empty, so Pikna made herself at home, carefully finding a corner and curling up in it.

She didn't want to check with Shaza for fear of disturbing her, and the house seemed to be devoid of furniture, so one room seemed as good as any other. It didn't take more then 30 seconds before Pikna was asleep, so exhausted was she from her exertions that day.

Shaza was in another chamber plugged into the house using its data banks to help her think. Kas-Mah, Pikna, her sons death along with Dalnr's at the same time only a day after Defas had been entrusted to her. "I'm even fit to lead this colony?" she wondered aloud though no one heard her and Pikna at the time was still looking over the houses.

Was her decisions going to benefit the colony? Or lead it to death? Where the drones going to kill her off and see how different leaders would help or harm them? What where relations going to be like now with the Kas-Mah? She failed to keep one of there young alive. Her husband, children where gone, Varren had been the last she knew and he was dead. Now she was sheltering another young one of another race. Did she act for the greater good? Or was she so grief strikened that she was not even thinking clearly any more? Pikna though she might want to take the young's ability's for her self even. And what if she does start displaying the ability to the colony? What then? For all she knew this race could..... feed on the homes and not know it. What if she screwed up? What if- "She disconnected a wet slurp sounded as she pulled her tail from the connection before sitting down and sighing. A soft rumble came around the floor she sat on and she sighed and patted it. While not self aware, they sometimes seemed to pick up on things.

She heard Pikna come in talking to her self. After some sounds of wet foot steps on soft flesh like floor she got up. But by the time she found Pikna she was already asleep. she leaned against the round opening to the chamber before coming over and drawing a little causing lumps to raise a little to almost form a little crevice around Pikna before she stood up again and looked the young alien over. Tomorrow could bring trouble, or not. But she questioned her own decision she had made in the last while. She went into the main chamber and laid down for the night and closed her eye's.

It was a light sleep, she kept turning and shifting around in her sleep. When she finally did fall into the sleep.....

Sounds of fighting and dieing creatures sounded. All around the colony was fighting for there lives. Kas-Mah where around but it was hard to tell if they where on the enemy or friends side. some attacked others defended. Though at times it looked more like defending trouphys or something. Homes burned the smell of burning flesh had its stench everywhere. One jumped her. Blade at the ready. They rolled a bit before she was able to give a harsh kick. Her foots claws tearing into the aliens belly and litterly gutting it as her foot went down its body till it let go a look of pain and shock as it tumbled away. She had to swipe a another before bite the head off before spitting it out. What was going on? Then Pikna was in the open in the war torn colony, looking almost calm. Her wings came out and she seemed to smile "Thank you Shaza, enjoy your stay." she said before leaving. Shaza was at a loss for words then the ground began to fall in, become a huge sink hole. I slowly swallowed her and everything around the area. She let out a terrified scream.

She scrambled up breathing heavily now awake. Eye's wide she looked around, she was in her home..... almost on cue another soft rumble came from it. She sighed sitting down her tail preventing her from falling back. She looked at the ceiling. Little did she know, as she had the nightmare, she had been muttering, moaning and before she woke, screaming briefly. With all her movement, she was right by the chamber opening where Pikna was.

Pikna had woke a few minutes earlier to Shaza's movements and cries. She had gone to look, but hadn't touched her for fear of doing something wrong. Though not likely this could have been a natural part of the sleep cycle for this species and Pikna didn't want to interfere.

When Shaza woke up however, Pikna knew she had been wrong and went to Shaza's side. She didn't really know what else to do or even if this would accomplish anything, but it seemed right.

"You were dreaming." Pikna said quietly as she crouched next to the older woman. "Um, I uh..." She stopped and shook her head as though trying to shake off insects. "Um, you were crying and yelling things I couldn't understand. I didn't know what to do so I left you alone, sorry." She said, rubbing her wrists like she usually did when fearing a reprimand. "Um, do you want to talk or something? Its almost sun-up if your day starts then." She said before falling silent again.

Outside as the sun rose a lone Kas-Mah reached the border, bearing a rolled bundle. He stopped at the trading post which had quickly been erected on the border and spoke quietly to the Shatong there who immediately got onto the radio.

A knock (or whatever equates for a Shatong house) on Shaza's door came suddenly and when it was opened a younger female was standing there. "Um, there's a message for you ma'am. It's from the trading post. It says that a Kas-Mah requests permission to cross the border and come to the village. They say that the Kas-Mah is unarmed and has no armor, just a bundle that's part of another stupid ritual." The last bit was said with disgust and a sneer from the young one, but she stood there dutifully, waiting for the yes or no.

Shaza almost jumped when Pikna seemed to be suddenly there beside her. She sighed and took a few deep breaths "Just a nightmare.... the normal, things I think I may of screwed up on coming back to haunt me in my dreams." she admitted before the home seemed to groan making Shaza get up with a frown and walk towards the opening drawing on the wall before a small section seemed to open showing a membrane that showed who was out side. When the message had finished being told she nodded "I'll go meet them my self. Though watch your tone about there practices, we need to keep an open mind." she said before drawing a little some more and the screen thing closed back up again. She turned to look at Pikna "Seems the day's starting anyway, would you like to join me?" she offered.

Pikna nodded quietly and stood, wandering out the door after Shaza and heading on their way. It was about a half hour walk to the border, but when they arrived they simmering sly saw the trading post. Already both sides had set up camp there, though it was very obviously segregated. Not necassarily because of hatred, more of caution. Neither side knew each other and were still gauging the others reactions. Between the two camps a fire out had been dug around which some stalls had been set up. There the traders were mingling, shouts rising as different people competed for different wares. Guards from both sides oversaw the whole thing, making sure that peace was kept and rules weren't broken. There weren't many overall, but a coand tent had been set up off to the side. There was where a captain from the Shatong's side gestured Shaza over. Inside the tent sat an unarmed, unarmored Kas-Mah who was still holding his bundle of fur.

"He refuses to let us look inside. He did let us scan it and from what we can tell there are no weapons inside or chemicals that could be used for explosives."

The Kas-Mah looked over at Shaza and stood, walking over to a table and gesturing her over.

"Dalnr sends his regards for your son and this, a Guuji." He unwrapped the fur bundle on the table, revealing a wooden statue about 18" tall and carved in exquisite detail to resemble Varren. The whole thing was etched with silver lines, each one covering Varrens body in very precise lines.

"This is a Guuji a remembrance totem. It is a very important part of our tradition regarding death. When a person dies we don't bury the body near the village, it would attract predators and scavengers. We instead leave it where it lies so that the animals in turn can eat it and thrive, give and take you know. Now, when a person dies, the one not immediately of his or her family creates a Guuji. It's a symbol of respect to the family, and a doorway to the next life. The Kas-Mah believe that when someone dies they are brought back to this earth as something or someone new. The better life they lived the better the thing they are brought back as. In order to be brought back though, they need a Guuji. The spirit must get to the Guuji within 12 days or their spirit is lost forever, unable to return as anything. The lights in the swamp that you sometimes see at night are the spirits of those who didn't return as something new. To help your son on his path, you need to place the Guuji in your home. Don't move it after you set it down either because it could confuse the spirit. On the 12th day the markings will glow and you will know your son has been brought back." The Kas-Mah carefully wrapped the statue back into the fur and handed the whole thing to Shaza.

Pikna meanwhile had listened intently to the whole thing and frowned a little, her small mandible clicking as she did so.

"What if no ones around to see the death?" She asked, glancing at Shaza.

The Kas-Mah smiled and nodded. "Good question little one. If a hunter is out of contact for more then three days we will generally declare him or her dead at which point the closest friend will create a Guuji."

"But why a friend at all, why not a family member?"

"Two reasons, the first is simple, a family is busy with other rites and grieving to have time to create a proper one, and second it shows respect and sorrow to the family for their loss. Even though it only takes one Guuji for the rites, it is not uncommon for multiple Guuji to be placed inside a grieving families house, especially if a person was very well liked."

"What do they come back as?" Pikna asked quickly.

"Anything, from a plant to an animal, to a Kas-Mah, it all depends on how they've lived their life."

Pikna made a small 'oh' then wandered off towards the trading area.

The Kas-Mah made sure that Shaza had a good grip on the Guuji before letting go.

"Make sure you do not set this down or hand this to anyone else." He said, his voice serious. "It is bad to do either thing and will keep your son from reaching the other side. Now, Dalnr has invited you and any of Varrens friends to a feast tonight in our town. We would provide safe transport through the swamp of course. The whole thing is in honor of those lost to us and those to be reborn. You don't need to bring anything, just scrub yourselves clean before you come and be prepared for a bit of ceremony. Also, you don't need to worry about making a Guuji for Dalnr, a number have been made by Defas's friends."

Shaza got to the trading post and nodded when she was informed of the delivery Kas-Mah and that nothing seemed to be a threat. She greeted the fellow and listened as she spoke, frowning in thought a little but did not interrupt him. She took the bundle after it was wrapped back up and given to her. How did they even know about some of the details of him? No matter. She listened as Pikna asked her questions before wondering off. She nodded and listened some more before smiling a little "Let Dalnr know his gift is accepted along with his offer. And thank you for coming the ways out here." she said before getting a thought look "I must ask though, if he is..... reborn. What would tell me its him? Would he reform by this or could he return almost anywhere in our universe?" she asked "And would he recognize me if he saw me." she asked looking at the bundle now wondering how this whole thing worked, Her kind always thought from dust they came to dust they return. But spirits had always been dismissed. They would find traces of them no matter what they did for researching. But she would not flat out refuse or ignore the purpose of a gift from such a race. Doing so could drive a rift easily if the leaders could not get along.

One of the Shatong trades looked over at Pikna "Hey, you, over here, what are you? And got anything to trade?" he asked genturing to his stand that seemed to have odd creatures, however none of them ran off, "Don't be fooled that there breathing, its no different then your helmet there functioning."

The Kas-Mah shook his head quietly.

"One who is brought back wouldn't recognize you or anything having to do with their old life. Not without help anyway. There are spiritual leaders who can help you look back on the memories of past lives, but it is a long process, and even then you wouldn't think about things the same way. For instance, if your son were to be reborn and his old memories coaxed back into his mind, he would not be the same person. He might remember that he loved you, that you were his mother, but he wouldn't feel that way. He might not even be a he. He might be a she or even an it. People can be brought back as plants and animals to, it's just a matter of how one lived there life. I'm not someone who you should ask these things though, I don't know much more then the basics, but I do know this. All spirits are old, and eventually, at the end of the universe, when there is nothing at all, our spirits will be taken to a place where they all will mingle, and will remember all that they were and all that they have done. All the personalities will be one, and all that we have ever loved will become one. That is when you will truly see your son again. If you have questions, there will be at least three shamans at the feast tonight. Two of them are in training but they can answer more any of your questions that you still have. The feast starts at sundown, if you want to be there I recommend you arrive at the edge of the swamp about three hours before then. It's the best time to cross on barge." The Kas-Mah gave a little bow then walked away, leaving Shaza alone in the tent with the bundle.

Pikna stood as though caught in the act of something bad, but after a few seconds she gathered herself and walked over to the stall, looking at the little creatures. They were the same as the ones she had seen at the Shatong village, and she still thought they were cute. (this is how I imagine them. They move on all the legs.)

Pikna looked at all of them and spotted a little purple one then back at the vendor.

"Um, I have um..." She looked down at herself then back at the booth. "Um, I saw your village, I can design a better containment device that doesn't require them to be immobilized." She said.

The Shatong laughed at her and shook his head.

"I seriously doubt it." He said, still chuckling.

"No really I can, see?" She snatched a data pad from the counter and began to type on it, her fingers a blur.

The Shatong's eyes widened with amazement as Pikna continued to go at it. It took her maybe two minutes to finish, then Pikna handed the pad back to the Shatong.

"I made sure that you can build it really easy using the materials I saw at the village. It's a really easy design. It creates small pockets using a simple force field that gives the impression of a larger space. Your customers can see in but the creatures think they're in whatever environment you want to program and can move around like a little ball." She said with a smile, watching as the Shatong read the pad in amazement.

"Little girl, this is worth a dozen of these, but I assume you only want one?"

Pikna nodded and pointed to the little purple one.

The vendor smiled and nodded, picking up the little purple creature and handing it to Pikna.

"Thank you for your help. I really appreciate it." He said.

(You can decide how the creature acts, I don't remember what they're called.)

Edited by Ryujin13

Shaza nodded "Alright, thanks again." she said as he left before getting up her self before leaving the tent. She carried the bundle closely against her chest and looked around and spotted Pikna writing on one of there data pads. She already knew how to use there data pads? It was not like most, instead of metal and glass like thing its was green like flesh with a membran and a skeletal structure inside to keep it from flopping around. Writing on the membran was the same thing as pressing controls on any other races data pads. She came over and noticed the venders suprized look. "Don't know where you found her Shaza..... you gotta get her to the spawning pools." he suggested "No telling what she'll make there but I think she'll have fun." he said smiling "She just gave me a new way to contain the pets." he said as Shaza smiled a bit. She looked at Pikna and motioned for her to join her side. After they put some distance between the trade stand and them Shaza looked at her thinking "Would you like to head to the spawning pools? There is where we make litterly everything we use. When you assemble something with gears and metal parts, we spin the genetics and create our tools, transportation and more with it." she explained "While I have no doubt you can handle your self in there, I just worry that.... others may not see you the way I see you. I just want you to be safe is all." she admitted smiling a little as the purple creature ran all over Pikna trying to avoid her hands. "Enjoying the pet?" she asked on a lighter tone.

((Neither to I lol, had made the name up on the spot))

Edited by little lost dragon

Pikna giggled as the little creature ran all over her and tried to grab it, failing but getting close.

"I love her." She laughed, making another grab. "Her new name is Aera." She laughed again and made a grab before finally giving up. Aera was now perched in the middle of Pikna's back where the little girl couldn't quite reach, and was carefully staying away from any attempts to grab it.

"You mean that others won't want a little girl showing them up." She said quietly. "It's always like that, that's one of the reasons they took me away from mommy, or at least that's what they said." She shrugged a little and stood there, her shoulders drooped as her mood soured again. "Stigma: a mark of disgrace associated with a particular circumstance, quality or person. Social: of or relating to society or its orginisation. Social stigma: me..." She sighed and walked off in a random direction, Aera making a sad chirping sound from her back.

Shaza sighed "Pikna, your assuming your own conclusions are right here, even if your talking with others, no that is not what I met, I'm talking about others may wanting to have you do there share and you end up doing more work then you want." she said "If you do go in there I'll be keeping an eye on you, partly for the reason you mentioned but also to make sure you don't get used as well." she explained. "But we need to work on those socializing skills. Learning and talking with others is not the same as learning from a book or item." she said waving her over "Come one, I'll at least show you the place."

"Oh." Pikna said as Shaza explained her reasons. "I'm sorry." She foowed Along behind Shaza, making another grab for Aera when she felt that the little creature might be within reach. Aera skittered away though, causing Pikna to giggle and make a couple more failed attempts before giving up and focusing on the breeding pools. She watched carefully as a nearby Shatong worked, her eyes tracing his every move and action, then nodded.

"Biological engineering using an organic substance to create a desired outcome. Organic substance reacts to the liquids in the water, solidifying into a living creature of the needed shape. Possibilities are limited only by what shapes a biological organism can attain. Liquids are probably a base protein that is used as a building block for further additions to the genetic code." She stopped and looked at Shaza, then at the Shatong she was now standing next to. She made a small cheep sort of sound and she quickly scooted back over to Shaza, embarrased by what had happened. "Sorry, it's so hard to control." She said quietly as Aera made a small chatter from her back that almost sounded sympathetic.

Pikna glanced around again after a moment, then looked down at the ground. "I don't know how you make them work." She said as though embarrased. "It's obviously something to do with movements that one makes when creating something, but I don't know how those correlate." She said, keeping her voice low so that others couldn't hear. She didn't like admitting that she didn't know things, it felt like failure, and even though she hadn't been punished for flat out failure, Pikna still didn't like to fail at anything.

Shaza smiled and shook her head "First your close, but not quite yet." she said heading to a unattended pool "Its now water in these its an enzyme that helps with the creation of the items we make. Here, I'll show you how to stir this to make a scanner device." she said reaching down with one hand crouching holding the Kas-Mah gift in her other arm still and moved her hand slowly and carefully "When we stir this in different manners its like a language, were giving the building blocks instructions with every twist and every move we make with our hand. Aera there was born from a pool like this. the more complex the longer the writing takes, if left incomplete we have it set up to all break down to avoid making useless things that do not work and are dead." she explained before removing her hand as something began to grow in the bottum. "This will take a little time to grow, but in a hour you'll have your first organic tech scanner." She said smiling

((Going to be at a friends for most of today, may get on but net there hates my laptop, just a heads up))

Edited by little lost dragon