SpiritWolfe

• The Plagued Earth | OOC •

No no, I appreciate you pointing out your concerns, and reading it over, I probably should have clarified that bit a little more. As for the parents thing, it doesn't even necessarily have to be able parents, as much as it is about not having someone there. Reds have the incubation power, which leads me to believe that they're probably more family-oriented (or at least a little more matronly) when it comes to hatchlings. I would feel a little weird if I was a child who had no one to look up to or take care of me. Of course, I'm neither a dragon nor did I grow up an orphan, so for all I know, you're right and they have no idea they've come from another dragon.

When reading your dragon's personality and appearance descriptions, it felt a lot like reading a biography. I wouldn't expect a hatchling to understand that they had parents, much less feeling worthless because of a lack of "closure". Also, if you're going to give a dragon a nickname, it would be best that they come up with it themselves rather than forcing other roleplayers' characters to for them in an unnatural sense (I say this because almost all of our current characters' personalities would not allow them to give a hatchling such an odd nickname so quickly).

Other than that, this character form looks pretty good IMO.

And Doctor, it's because I need Aria to interact with Sindri. ;o;

Edited by Bacon_Strips

Your form looks okay to me, but I do agree that you shouldn't make others nickname him. I don't even know what sunder means though.

Got no ideas for posts. Well I have ideas, but I'm afraid they won't make sense in some odd way.

Firstly, remember to edit your posts, rather than double posting. (I think you can actually get warned for that)

Secondly, with the parents, yes the hatchlings might be smart enough to figure that out. But if they're smart enough for that then they're smart enough to see that they weren't abandoned. Clearly all the adult dragons are dead.

Thirdly, a mary sue is a character that is practically perfect. It's not one characteristic, it's all of them. Yes people do have things like that happen to them IRL, but they rarely end up being helpful and strong. It's much more likely that he would end up bitter and overweight. Distrusting the other hatchlings for no reason other than his abandonment (or whatever) issues. Rarely seeing their attempts to help him, instead seeing all the mean things they've said to him, and refusing to return their kindness.

Or maybe he'd realize how strong he was and become a bully. His insecurities causing him to want to hurt others, possibly because he feels they've done similar things to him. He'd beat others up, but if they fought back he would show his true colors and run.

I would like to request that we continue this conversation over PM, so as not flood the OOC.

With hope,

Master

EDIT: Hey Bacon, lemme get this one. K?

Edited by MasterWeavile898

NOTE: EDITED after tossing ideas back and forth with Weavile

Username: kronosdragon (or KD for short)

Name: Sunder-Eye

Breed: Red

Personality: Quiet and reclusive, distrustful of others. He doesn't stand up for himself, and rather takes his lumps with a grain of salt, always telling himself he deserved whatever walloping he took. He has a degree of social anxiety, and usually goes with whatever everyone else is doing in order to not bring attention to himself. Antisocial and fearful, has a hard time making friends. Very anxious when in the presence of others. Also has a level of OCD, making him fearful of harming others, always checking for danger, high-strung, etc. This has also led to him being malnourished and sickly at times from lack of food (he's reluctant to hurt things, nevermind killing them), since plants can only go so far for a dragon whose main diet should consist of meat.

Appearance: When he hatched, he cut his right eye on the eggshell after falling out, hence the name "Sunder-Eye." This eye is permanently damaged, making him blind to that side. This has made him very self-conscious from the start.

He is a bit bigger than most other Reds would be, however his natural rate of muscular growth has been stumped by undernourishment, making him weaker than usual. He usually stands alone or away from others, not out of spite but out of discomfort. He prefers to flee from a fight than retaliate.

Picture: user posted image

Crush/Mate: None

Power: Typical Red powers

Other: eyjb

Edited by kronosdragon

I don't mean MAJOR ideas, just small ideas on what who should do.

That's what I was envisioning. If you need feedback, just PM be.

Oh okay. Lemme settle on a definite idea.

I'll post with Mountain now since I already am sure what to do with her, and I haven't posted in the IC for ages.

Thanks doc smile.gif I'll take over with Aria and maybe some others tomorrow since I'm feeling a little better. Sorry for making you improvise. :/

Username: Zerhai

Name: Izlanyth called 'Lanni' by close friends

Breed: Nebula: Blue

Personality: She is very quiet unless she feels strongly about something then she will not be quiet until she is heard out. She likes to watch, and is willing to help is whatever is necessary, but doesn't like to be pushed around though she tends not to realize she is being taken advantage of until it is too late.

Appearance: normal Blue Nebula, has a 'constellation' in the shape of a pentacle on her right flank that the rest of her 'stars' tend to revolve around and change as the nebula she watches changes.

Picture:

user posted image

Crush/Mate: none/open

Power: Great eyesight as is known about nebulas

Other: eyjb

Blue Nebula is already taken, as is red. If you want Nebula, you'll have to choose a male one.

I would crit you, but I'm not a mod.

That's actually not true, Koala. Purple and red and taken, so blue is fine.

Zerhai, I would strongly recommend spicing up Lanni's Personality section. She fits heavily into the "obedient and good-natured" category, which would be fine if it wasn't already so dominant in the RP (as to mention, not very original in my opinion). You should also expand her personality in terms of what she likes and what she doesn't like, and her strengths and weaknesses. Don't be afraid to go into detail. I only say this because it adds a stronger sense of depth within the character, which is always a good thing.

If you can redo that section, that would be wonderful, so you could get accepted.

Edited by Bacon_Strips

That's actually not true, Koala. Purple and red and taken, so blue is fine.

Zerhai, I would strongly recommend spicing up Lanni's Personality section. She fits heavily into the "obedient and good-natured" category, which would be fine if it wasn't already so dominant in the RP (as to mention, not very original in my opinion). You should also expand her personality in terms of what she likes and what she doesn't like, and her strengths and weaknesses. Don't be afraid to go into detail. I only say this because it adds a stronger sense of depth within the character, which is always a good thing.

If you can redo that section, that would be wonderful, so you could get accepted.

ok i'll redo it, I haven't been part of an rp in a LOOONNNNGGG time, and the type of role plays i used to do were Inuyasha and then my favorite type of characters that tended to cause ripples not just go along the with program.

the only reason i was choosing nebula(blue) was because it wasn't on the list and most of my favorite dragon types had already been chosen...... I have an alternate dragon actually, sunset if its not already taken as well?

Zerhai, feel free to use a blue nebula. And yeah, we have a lot of polite helpful dragons already. She can still be nice, but she could just use more to differentiate her from the abundance of others. happy.gif

Okay, here are my pitches on Favian's possible Relationships.

Spira: This is the one that is most likely going to happen. Spira can easily beat Moss and Lineheart to Favian. She's known him for the longest and is the closest to him. However, there is a tiny problem. She keeps running away. If Spira keeps running away, then there's a good chance someone is going to get to Favian before her. If she would stand her ground and actually try to get close to him, then she'll beat everyone else by a long shot.

Lineheart:I can see Favian falling in love with this gal. Both of them love learning about the world and both of them are in a constant search for knowledge. They fit each other perfectly. However, there is a major problem here too. Lineheart is way too shy. She doesn't have to confess to Favian like Spira did, but she has to actually TRY to get him to like her. Swooning over him won't get him to like her. She's gotta push for it. Just like Spira, Lineheart has to try and win him. Otherwise, she's going to eat the dirt while the other two are getting his attention.

Moss: Oh hey look, someone who is going to try to win his attention. Well, more like she is forcing it on him, but whatever. Moss is the one person who is going to be with Favian no matter what. Sure she'll be upset that he doesn't pick her, but she won't leave him. She was created FOR him and she will serve that purpose. She'll fight for him, but if she sees that one of the other two are making him happy, she'll back off.

Overall, I think Favian's "fangirls" aren't going to like each other too much. Moss seems like the one who will win if Spira and Lineheart don't try. The bottom line factor is TRYING to get him to pay attention to you and trying to get him to like you back. Pushing him won't work, but sitting in the sidelines won't either. If Spira and Lineheart want to win Favian, then they'll have to make sure people know that he's one of theirs. They better be prepared for everything that is ready to be thrown at them. Who knows? Someone else might jump into the game.

Favian has fangirls! OMG! ...I know something is wrong when I sound weird to myself...

Actually, I agree with moss and Liney not likening the others, but Spira's actually okay with Lineheart. Not "friends" but not enemies either. She respects her. However, Spira will not like moss. At all.

Yeah I dont mind moss being there >=3 All the more drama! <3 I'm either gonna go with the whole amnesia/I have these feelings with in me that are familiar to me OR go with I recovered my memories and I'm GONNA FIGHT FOR MAH MAN. censorkip.gif slap fight! Either way, that latter part is coming either sooner or later as Spira certainly isn't the -very- shy type, lucky me thats shes outspoken.

MUUUHHAHAHAHAHAH

Oh and for the person playing the red dragon, one of my chara's has parents issues (if no one has noticed yet) due to the fact she can remember some events that happened when she was still an egg. I cant wait to see how your chara will turn out =3

On the side note, I really want more Lineheart into Favian thing... KK...! *stares at her pleadingly with puppy dog eyes*

Edited by Taleena Fuka

I have a better personality in mind for a sunset dragon anyway, i'll type it up when i get back from choir practice!