Raven301

The Dark Lords

((OOC: I already have two charries. Also, I know absolutely nothing about girls or how to RP a female character.))

Astrum

"Fine, but if there is any sign that you are more hurt than you are letting on, so help me I will carry you to one myself." Astrim said. "Are we clear?"

Though she did not think she needed a healer that badly, Astrum still strongly disagreed. He would be keeping a very close eye on her, just in case.

"Yup." Haeria said quickly before walking over to her scabbard and belting it back on, "We should get moving, the more ground we can cover today the better." Quickly walking over to Realan Haeria sent out a probe to the mare's mind and found shields, although not as thick as before. Closing her eyes Haeria struggled with the animal again as Realan reared up a whinnied loudly. Getting pushed back a bit Haeria continued searching for a crack in the animal's shields, Why is this taking so long? Haeria thought, angry with herself, This should be quicker than last time.

((When do you think the Arsh Mt.s should come into view?

Also Flamma do you want to take over Arla?))

((Thank God!))

Sebastian awoke that morning stiff and still lacking in sleep. He wasn't even able to estimate how many precious hours he had managed to get. The forest was in twilight. Things were darkened and yet he could tell by the dappled light making it's way weakly through the canopy that the sun must be somewhere well beyond the edge of the horizon. His campfire from that night had long since died so that only tiny trickles of smoke rose into the air. He crawled out of his tent and was greeted by a snort from his horse. About the only type of hello he appreciated. It translated to 'Good Morning, I'm ready to eat and put in some more work today'. And wasn't it strange that only animals ever seemed to know how to say hello in that way?

He took down the animal skin, rolled up his bedroll, and prepared his pack. Once everything was ready, he kicked out and disguised his firepit before untying his horse and leading him onwards to a new location. So far there had been no invasion on the Art Kingdom that he knew of, but Sebastian was certain it would happen soon. He yawned into his shoulder. Perhaps it would be good for him to spend more of the day sleeping... He continued going over plans and scenarios in his head for the thirty minutes or so it took him to find a good clearing for his horse. The one they were currently in had plenty of plush grass which was highly edible, a view of the sky, a large boulder. It wouldn't make a remarkable campsite, but breakfast would go down well here.

He took out some provisions from his pack and sat down to eat while his horse grazed.

((OOC: Maybe by the end of the day, or perhaps the next day.

You going to post for Asthen?))

Astrum

Astrum scampered back from Realan as she reared up, barely escaping the horse's kicking hooves. He looked over at Haeria alarmed.

"Hey, what are you doing to it? You almost got me kicked in the head!" He said, upset about the close call.

((Now is as good a time as any to move on then <.<))

Aaron had gotten almost zero sleep the night before waiting up for Mekhar but he never came. Aaron was currently sitting in a tree chewing on an apple. In the distance rose smoke from his home. Aaron wanted to go back, avenge his home, his people. Oh he had figured out what had happened last night during all that waiting and now he had concluded that the worst had happened to Mekhar and in all likelihood his family as well. His parents, cousins, brother all gone. Aaron didn't notice he was crying as he chewed the apple. Remember your survival studies. Aaron mused the guards words and concluded revenge would have to wait. Now was the time to do as he was told...just this once.

Aaron finished the apple and stood. Mekhar wasn't coming, nobody was, so that made it time to go. He flicked the claws of his bracers forward and lept from the tree latching onto another branch and began moving through the forest. So now what? Aaron thought to himself as he moved closer and closer to the forest's edge.

Edited by En'K'Haral

As a dark figure suddenly landed in the tree where he was sleeping Asthen fell off his brach and just managed to morph his shadow into hook swords and swing back up before he fell off. Looking a the figure Asthen quickly moved forward squinting and slightly muggy, he wasn't a morning person. Taking in the bracers Asthen quickly morphed his shadow into a broadsword, cursing before he nimbly danced along the branch closer to the figure, swinging the sword in a low ark, "Who are you and what are you doing?" he asked.

((The figure is Aaron))

((I'm not normally one to argue interaction but aren't you guys in Rata forest? I haven't been following your posts for the shadow prince's group.))

Edited by En'K'Haral

((OOC: I believe that we are on the outskirts of the Arsh mountains in a small forested area. I know it isn't marked on the map that there are trees there, but there often are around mountains.))

((I only ask because I'm in Estara woods. I didn't know you guys had crossed over already.))

Scowling Haeria flinched as the horse struck back at her. Gasping and stumbling backwards Haeria stopped her attack and focused on protecting herself instead. As the mare then backed off Haeria thought to herself with a fierce scowl one her face, putting a lean edge on the features and darkening her normally bright, happy glow, How was she able to do that? Whats up with me? In the midsts of this Haeria didn't hear Astrum or notice that she had fallen on him when she stumbled.

Caelum woke up on the tree branch. She got up and jumped to a lower branch to see if the boy was still there. She didn't see him so she looked around. Soon she spotted him swinging of into the forest. Come on Narmin! She said as she jumped of the branch and ran into the forest

His ears twitching Asthen didn't turn around when sounds announced the presence of another human, and not a very well trained one at that. Hmmmm I wonder if they are heirs. Asthen thought as he quickly filled his lungs with air, "NARATH!" he shouted loudly wincing as he did so, He was most certainly NOT a morning person and two against one in broad daylight may not be good for his health, especially with two heirs, his best bet was to call in some backup.

Astrum

Astrum was so busy trying to dodge the horse, that he barely noticed Haeria falling towards him. He attempted to catch her, but was knocked over from the force. Collapsing to the ground, Astrum's breath was knocked out of him as Haeria landed on top of him in his arms.

-----------------------

Narath

Narath immediately stopped his exorcises, and rushed over to Asthen, passing his now awakedened sister as he did so.

"Hide Evain!" He commanded in a stern voice.

Wide eyed and scared, Evain scrambled out of the sleeping rolls, and found a hollow underneath a tree to hide in.

Narath ground to a halt next to Asthen, quarterstaff at the ready.

"What is it?"

Edited by Narath

As Narath rushed into the clearing Asthen gestured to the figure in the tree, which in the broadening daylight was beginning to take shape, and the other behind him on the ground, "We have company." He said quickly jumping out of the tree without moving his gaze from what now looked like a boy around his own age. "And I think they may be heirs." Asthen said to Narath quietly, wincing as he came out of the shade to stand beside the earth mage.

Aaron lept back from the sudden attack, deftly balancing on the branch in a kind of half-crouch. "Like hell I'm going to tell you." He growled back watching the shadowy figure. The enemy called for help. A name and one Aaron recognized: Narath. He had met the boy a few times, the prince of the Earth Kingdom. Even as the name echoed out the prince came into sight and the shadowy figured lept to the ground. Still, Aaron wasted no time in pulling his bow from his body and knocking an arrow to it. It wasn't until Asthen stepped into the light that Aaron's tenseness abated a bit. Granted they were heirs from rival kingdoms but at the moment that was more welcome then just about anyone else he could have met in the woods. Especially with smoke still rising from his kingdom in the distance.

Until now Aaron hadn't noticed that he was being followed but as quiet descended on the seen, the scrambling through the underbrush became more noticeable. Aaron eased the drawstring and unknocked the arrow although he kept it in his hand before standing up straighter. The sunlight hit his dark skin directly now revealing to Narath and Asthen who he was. Aaron was in some simple, an unadorned shirt, breeches, some soft shoes that weren't much more than thick cloth wraps to help him grip the branches without hurting himself, and of course his metal bracers, but no actual armor. "What brings you two here?" He asked glancing over his shoulder every now and then to see if he could spot the pursuer. It wasn't long before he could see the girl in the underbrush of the forest.

Edited by En'K'Haral

Caelum burst through the bushes and almost ran into the boy she was following. He had stopped and Caelum soon found out why. Two new boys were standing in the clearing in front of him. The boy which she beleved was named Aaron of somthing of that sort, had his bow out. Caelum assumed this meant this company was hostile so she pulled out her dagger which looked like a needle compared to the other boys weapons and prepared to fight.

"I'm guessing the same that brought you." Asthen said quietly his eyes flicking to the smoke on the horizon, "Aaron of the plant kingdom." he added letting his sword melt away in his hand, straitening a bit as he did so. "Do you know who we are?" Asthen said, "And can we agree to put away all weapons?" As the other figure stepped into the light Asthen quickly recognized her, So the air kingdom has fallen as well? This is getting worse and worse.

Caelum let her weapon drop, but she didn't put it away. Who are you, she asked are you heirs?

((sorry its short))

Narath

As the other heirs ran over into the open, Narath's golem came thundering over to his side, ready to face whatever threatened his master.

"I am Narath," He said, his grip tightening on his quarterstaff. "and this is my golem. He doesn't really like people who wave their weapons around me."

"I'm Asthen, heir and prince-that-is-now-unconditionally-king of the shadow kingdom." Asthen said, "Nice to meet your highnesses." He added sarcastically before walking over to the edge of the clearing where his horse stood in the shadows. Relaxing slightly as he reached the shade Asthen pressed his forehead against the horse's, You need a name Asthen thought, Fable. As he did this Asthen never moved his attention from the others in the clearing, although he looked to have dismissed the newcomers. Edited by Raven301

Caelum put away her dagger as Narmin landed on her shoulder. She nodded as Astrum spoke. Caelum turned to Narath. what Kingdome are you from? she asked him.

((OOC: Wasn't the towering golem a good clue? xd.png ))

Narath

The golem seemed to ease up a little as the girl put away her weapon, but was still a little tense as the boy -was that Aaron?- still had his out.

"I am of the Earth Kingdom." Narath said, wringing the staff in his hands. "Who are you?"

Aaron noted the Golem that had come thundering out of the underbrush. Between Narath and Asthen's statements about stowing weapons Aaron decided it was best if he conceded to that direction. He had neither the talent nor will to fight A Golem much less two or three heirs head on. Especially since they were assailed by an unknown enemy.

Aaron slipped the arrow back into the quiver strapped to his leg and closed the top this time latching it shut with the small metal clasp. He slung his bow over his body and instinctively reached for the place where he normally hung the gourd that he used to store water only to recall that he had removed it last night after returning home. He sighed and spoke to the group. "Just Aaron for me is fine none of this prince and highness stuff. Formalities were never something I was fond of, kind of pointless in my opinion." He explained to the others. "Of course if you prefer I will continue to show each of you the respect afforded your position. Your majesty King Asthen." Aaron teased slightly, he couldn't help the jest.