Raven301

The Dark Lords

((Sorry! tongue.gif I have a lot going on in RL right now so I wont be able to post as often!))

Taking a deep breath Haeria spoke quietly but was still easily heard with a sliver of hard steel in her voice, "You really think that six or seven full grown mages of different elements can't work together to defeat a few assassins, who mind you, took our parents very much by surprise?" Haeria inquired quietly, "If you think yourself that weak, I don't know if we want or need your help after all." Turning Haeria headed back Thaizial and mounted before trotting back to the two boys, "Come on Astrum, Thaizial can hold two of us for awhile."

Sliding down from the boulder, Asthen quickly walked up to the rabbit, tore of a small piece, and nodded to Narath before walking away. Feeling slightly nauseous Asthen nibbled on the end of his piece before lithely climbing up one of the tallest of the near by trees, calling a goodnight over his shoulder. Rolling up in his cloak Asthen sighed and fell asleep as soon as his eyes closed, it had been a long, bright day.

((OOC: It's alright, I understand.))

Narath

After everyone took a bit of food, Narath propped the stick with what food was still on it against the rock he was next to, and began to eat his food. As Asthen fell asleap, he turned to Arla.

"You ready to rest too?" He asked.

Astrum

Astrum sighed and walked over to the horse, who was apparently named Thaizial. He sheathed his Yari once more, and placed his hands on the saddle to hoist himself up. Before getting on however, he turned his head slightly towards Oz.

"Just what are you hoping to accomplish while hiding? You would only squander away your life while these evil men rule the lands without justice. How would that justify the deaths of those sacrifices? Think on that."

And with those words, he pulled himself onto Thaizial, grunting with the effort.

"Let's find a place to set up camp." He said to Haeria.

Oz stopped and turned, glaring at Haeria. "Seven Full grown mages..." replied Oz. "Show me these seven full grown mages, then perhaps you might have a chance... but right now... you, him and me and whoever else had survived are hardly full grown and without more experienced mages of our element... what chance do we have of mastering our abilities?... The art of manipulating fire was lost the day my parents died... books... mages.. all destroyed in an instant..." Oz took a deep breath. "You and perhaps even him... are overestimating yourselves and underestimating the enemy... those men took down the best of the best of our elements like it was nothing... what chance do we have eh? Think about it... don't just assume that because you have power that you are invincible... that we may outnumber them means we have a fighting chance"

Oz then turned to look at Astrum, "Hiding?... If you want to call it that, then fine... I'd rather be called a coward and survive then die like an idi0t because I underestimated the enemy and overestimating myself..." Oz turned and walked away, his hand clenched as tightly as possible. Truth be told, he had made a promise... a promise to the man who died in his place... a promise to survive. It was the last thing he had said to a man he grew up with... a man he viewed as an older brother despite not being related by blood.

Turning Thazial's head east Haeria urged him into a trot as they began their journey to find the other mages.

After about an hour of travel Haeria stopped Thazial and slid off his back, "We should rest." Haeria said quietly as she pulled out her bed roll and handed it to Astrum, "We can travel farther and faster with sleep and food." Reaching into her saddle bags Haeria brought out some goat jerky and handed half of it to Astrum, "I'll take first watch."

Astrum

When they stopped, Astrum was so exhausted that he practically fell off the horse. He was only able to keep himself from falling to the ground by grabbing the horn on the saddle.

As Haeria handed him the bedroll and jerky, he took them gratefully, but did not have the energy to speak.

Stumbling a little ways from the horse, he clumsily unrolled the bag on the ground, and removed his weapon belts before crawling in, but kept them close just in case. Astrum nibbled a bit at the jerky, but before he finished it, he fell into a fretful sleep.

He was running through fiery ruins, dodging debris as it fell. After running even more, he burst through a door and onto a street. He needed to find somebody. He didn't no who though. Bolting through the city, the thatch roofs on fire, he ran to a house that seemed familiar.

Kicking down the burning door, he ran inside, calling out a name, but he did not know who's. He finally heard someone call back. It was a soft female voice, but it was full of panic and worry. Leaping through fire, he made his way to the voice. his clothes were burnt, and his hair was singed, but that hardly mattered. All that did was making it to the voice. He finally found her, lying with her lower half crushed underneath a large roof beam. She called out weakly to him, and he did not hesitate to run to her side, crying out her name, which he now finally heard; Juno. He tried to lift the falling beam off of her, but the gentle touch of her hand, and her soft voice brought him to a stop. He turned back to her, holding her in his arms.

They wept together for a time, and then it was only him that wept. He looked down at her, and her eyes had glazed over. He wept all the harder. Bending down, he gave her one last kiss on her forehead, and then took the necklace he once gave her as a gift. He sat there, clutching it in his hands, weeping harder and harder.

((OOC: He will be tossing and turning in his sleep, so Haeria would probably notice something was wrong with him.

Also, sorry about the sadness, but this is is supposed to help explain why he is so angry.))

Edited by Narath

((Ok, I'll have her notice in the next post tongue.gif ))

As Astrum quickly fell asleep Haeria moved a bit away from the camp to stand watch. Move away from the main camp so your senses are sharp as well as being able to sneak away for help or attack from the outside, where the intruders would least expect. As her fathers voice floated through her head Haeria bit down on her lip to keep from crying. Wiping her blurry eyes she slowly lowered herself into a sitting position and watched the darkness with keen eyes and a sharp mind.

((OOC: But I have nothing to post then!))

Edited by Narath

((Sorry had to run tongue.gif ))

Watching the surrounding countryside, Haeria didn't flinch when she heard a groan and what sounded like a stone being dragged. Slowly turning to look behind her Haeria quietly got into a crouch and prepared to make a loop around the clearing, sending out probes to find the intruder. When one of her probes reached Astrum Haeria sucked in a breath and froze, overloaded with emotion. When her mind finally reeled its self in Haeria gasped and crawled over to Astrum, realizing he was making the noises. Gently shaking his shoulder Haeria whispered in Astrum's ear, "Astrum, wake up. You were having a bad dream."

((OOC: Forgot that she had mind powers and would be able to sense his emotions. I feel much anger within you master Occisor (Sorry, had to do it).))

Astrum

Astrum was suddenly shaken from his dream. He bolted upright clutching the necklace he wore, screaming, his voice filled with raw emotion. His brow was covered in sweat, and he was panting heavily. Looking around, he saw Haeria at his side. Astrum quickly averted his gaze back to his clutched hand, and a tear began to form at the corner of his eye.

"Is something wrong? Why did you wake me?" He asked, his voice slightly wavering.

Edited by Narath

As Astrum bolted up Haeria saw a flash of dark hair and wide blue eyes before his head slammed into hers. Falling backwards Haeria covered her ears as Asturm screamed. When he finally stopped Haeria got to her feet and rubbed her head where a knot was forming, "Everything's fine, I saw you were having a bad drew and I woke you up." Haeria said quietly, "Are you alright?" she asked grabbing her water canteen and handing it to him, "Drink something."

Astrum

Astrum began to take deep breaths to calm down.

"Yes, I'm alright." He lied. "As you said, everything is fine. Just a dream..."

Thanking her for the canteen, he let the necklace drop from his grip and unscrewed the top with shaky hands. After taking a couple of long droughts from it, he returned it to Haeria.

He just couldn't calm his nerves. The girl in his dream... she was his girlfriend. While she did die in the attack, that was not exactly how it happened. Then why was his mind doing this to him? Why would it torment him with her death like this? Taking the necklace in the palm of his hand, he stared at it, the tear at the corner of his eye now slowly sliding down his cheek.

Glancing uncertainly at Astrum Haeria asked, "Do you want to keep moving or rest some more?" Handing him the rest of his jerky she commanded, "Eat." before taking some jerky for herself. As she sucked on the tough jerky to make it easier to chew Haeria thought to herself, Hmmmm his dream was really restless, he was stressed, scared, and shocked. Though I didn't pick up on much else.

Astrum

"I-I need some more rest. I have been going without it for days after all." Astrum said.

He took the jerky from her, but didn't bother to eat it. Instead he just stood there, the hand with the jerky limp at his side, and the other holding the pendant of his necklace. Juno's necklace. Another tear began to slide down his cheek, but he didn't bother to wipe it away. He wished she was still alive, and with him. There was nothing more he wanted. If she was at his side, he wouldn't be so hell bent on vengeance. If she were still alive, he would not be so angry. But no, the people that had taken over the lands had killed her. Now that he was left with nothing, he would make sure that they would pay.

"Ok" Haeria said noticing the tear and pulling in her mind probes even tighter, he should have his privacy. "I'm going to see if I can catch a horse." Haeria said taking an apple and walking away from Asturm's hunched form. As she got away from the small clearing Haeria sent out her probes again on super-high to try to find the thoughts of a horse herd. Animal are so hard Haeria complained to herself, only Thazial is easy. Growing more dispirited as she reached her probes out further and further and finding nothing she turned to go back to Astrum when she finally heard the tiniest whisper of thought. Sighing she began walking in the direction of the thoughts, it was going to be a long night.

Astrum

After a long while, Astrum lay down to rest once again, pendant still clutched in his hand. Sleep did not come easy to him however. Though he was still extremely tired, he was afraid to sleep. He was afraid that he'd have to live through his girlfriend's death once more. Finally, he drifted off into a deep, dreamless sleep.

After walking for about an hour Haeria finally came across the field where a small herd of horses was grazing. Hmmm we need a, there! Haeria thought as she scanned the herd and spotted a horse that was sturdy enough to carry supplies but fast enough to quickly flee a scene, she'll do quite well. Pulling in her probes Haeria slowly circled the herd in silence until she was down wind and near the mare. Approaching the herd even slower Haeria got as close as she thought she could get away with before quickly throwing out all her probes and launching herself onto the back of the horse. As the horse quickly got over it's surprise it began bucking with both its body and mind as Haeria held tight to its mane and tries to break it's mental shields. With a strong heave and a short fast cut to the left Haeria found herself no longer completely on the angry mare. Dragging along the ground Haeria bit her lip as her arms almost pulled out of their sockets and her shins bumped along the rocky ground, with a huge heave Haeria pulled herself back in a sitting position in a way only years and years of practice can teach you and doubled her attack on the stubborn animal's mind. Finally finding a small crack to penetrate though, Haeria broke the resistance barriers around the mares mind and gave one simple command, Stop. As the horse skidded to a stop Haeria wearily climbed off its back and stroked its velvet nose, What is your name? Haeria asked it Realan Realan quickly replied. Climbing back onto the mare Haeria looked to the stars for directions before pointing Realan's nose toward Astrum and some rest. Edited by Raven301

((When she falls asleep - now tongue.gif ))

As she reached the small camp she quickly told Realan to graze alongside Thazial before taking off her small scabbard of twin knives and lying down in a non-rocky area a little ways from Astrum. As the cool sand soothed the stinging cuts on her arms and legs Haeria drifted off into an exhausted sleep, drain both physically and mentally from catching Realan.

((OOC: I do not think that 00235 is online at all anymore.))

Narath

Narath blinked his eyes groggily as he awoke. Surveying his surroundings, he saw that everyone was still asleep. Excluding the ever watching golem of course. Dusting his clothes off, he stood up and grabbed his quarterstaff, heading a little ways away from the camp to an open area. There, he began to do a slow, yet graceful exercise.

-----------------

Astrum

Astrum slowly regained consciousness, his eyes still too heavy to open. The events of the last few days had left him feeling terrible, and those memories were not going to leave anytime soon. After a few minutes, Astrum got up and walked over to Haeria's horse, and grabbed a cantine, pouring some water onto his face. As he wiped away the moisture, he looked over and saw a new horse.

"Hey there," Astrum said, advancing towards it. "Don't think I know you."

When he reached the horse, he began to slowly stroke it's long muzzle.

((Hmmm I'll shoot her a PM and if she doesn't reply within a week someone can take over Arla))

As Haeria heard the small sounds of people moving she rolled over groggily and slowly opened her eyes. Disoriented for a moment Haeria's first thought was what method of training her father would put her through today, and then it crashed back down on her. choking slightly Haeria bit her lip and wiped her eyes before rolling to her feet to see Astrum stroking Realan. Walking over Haeria spoke quietly behind Astrum, "HernameisRealan." Haeria said, frowning as her words slurred together as the world tilted slightly Haeria quickly sat down and put her head between her hands, and focused on breathing evenly, What's wrong? she asked herself trying to pull her world back together.

((BTW she has a concussion from the forehead knock and then falling backwards yesterday.))

((OOC: To a shaman! I don't know, just wanted to say something in that format.))

Astrum

Astrum looked at her, with a slightly confused look on his face.

"What was that Haeria?" He asked.

His look quickly changed from one of confusion, to one of concern however, as she sat down unsteadily.

"Haeria! Are you alright?" Astrum said worriedly.

He grabbed the now nearly empty canteen, and handed it to her, resting a comforting hand on her back as he kneeled next to her.

"Hey, drink this. Try to steady yourself." He said.

(( tongue.gif ))

As Astrum handed her a canteen Haeria tok it and took a small sip before getting to her feet a little unsteadily, "I think I'm alright." She said slowly as the dizziness receded. Taking a few steps forward Haeria took another sip of water before handing it back to Astrum, "I just and a little patch of dizziness, I guess I stood up to fast."

((Hmmm this may be my last post of the night, but I might squeese one more in biggrin.gif ))

Astrum

Astrum raised an eyebrow at her as he took the canteen.

"'I just and a little patch of dizziness'?" He asked. "Yea, I'm not sure if you're ok. We should get you to a healer or something."

((OOC: Last one for me too.))

((She says someone can takeover Arla, anyone wanna step up?))

Blinking Haeria winced slightly, "We can't afford to go into a town near here, someone might recognize us and turn us in." Haeria said slowly arranging the words in her head before she said them. "I say we should ride nearer to the other side of the plains and if you still see it necessary I willgotoahealer." Haeria shook her head as her words slurred together again sighing she thought to herself, This is going to slow us down.