Raven301

The Dark Lords

Snorting Asthen turned around, his shadow creating a ghostly black crown atop his head, "Yeah right" he said as he walked back into the clearing. Stepping into the sunlight the crown became slightly transparent and Asthen got even paler. Scowling Asthen melted the crown and morphed it into a cloak with its cowl thrown over his head, "Call me Asthen none of that prissy mumbo-jumbo." he said, "You kinda do away with that when almost every other kingdom is an enemy of yours and the ones who aren't still don't trust you. You focus more on surviving."

As Haeria fell on top of Astrum her eyes snapped open. "Oh my gosh, I'm sorry!" Haeria said as she realized she had fallen right on top of him, "Areyoualright?" she asked quickly frowning as she slurred once again. Scooting back Haeria tried to get to her feet but quickly sat down again when she started feeling dizzy, Ugghhh I wonder if I have a concussion she thought to herself, moaning.

Edited by Raven301

Narath

When Narath's golem saw that the two newcomers no longer caused any threat, it stalked off into the woods to patrol again.

"Just call me Narath." He said, walking over to the hole under the tree that his sister was hiding in. "Come on out now Evain. It's safe now."

The little girl timidly crawled out from her hiding place, and looked fearfully at the newcomers.

"Yeah surviving." Aaron stated reflectively, recalling his brief conversation with the guard before he left. Inside Aaron's mind was a maelstrom of confusion. Who would attack their kingdom and why? Why didn't the others seem as surprised as he felt to find so many heirs in one spot. Aaron breathed deep a stowed his thoughts, now was the time for action he could reflect when they weren't so close to his once home. "That said, I think we need to really get a move on, well at least I do. The enemy will likely find out I'm still alive staying close to here is just inviting disaster." He explained to the group although he had a feeling that Narath and Asthen already knew that they shouldn't stay. Even as he finished talking he saw Eve crawling out from a hiding hole. He smiled and gave her a friendly wave.

"True." Asthen said thinking quietly, "Anywhere in the 15 kingdoms would be dangerous." Asthen said, letting the information sink in for a moment, "But if we went further north... Beyond the Rata there is plenty of land, forested mountains mostly but with a few valleys that are low enough to support small plain-like ecosystems. We could also check for other heirs along the way, perhaps taking the longer western path?" Walking over to Fable Asthen pulled out a map, at first it seemed unrecognizable but quickly landmarks fell into place. It was a map of both the 15 kingdoms and the uninhabited land beyond where very little was marked. Moving his finger to show the places he was speaking of Asthen laid out his plan, "We would first head west of here until we reached Quiln (town between the Sound and Life kingdoms) and see if they have fallen and if so if their heirs are nearby. Then we would head to Toman (largeish town that is a trading post between the Water, Storm, and Metal Kingdoms) and check the Metal, Water, and Storm kingdoms before finally traveling between the Iqor Mountains and the Fire kingdom to check the Mind, Energy, and Fire kingdoms. After that we would head north past the 15 Kingdoms and hone our powers in a mountain valley until we all turned 16. We then come back and challenge our right for our thrones." finishing this Asthen looked up at each of the heirs faces, "It's the best I could come up with, but I have only been studying strategy for 6 months or so, if you have any other plans or quirks to this one I would be more than willing to listen."

Astrum

"Alright, that's decided." Astrum stated as he got up and handed Haeria a canteen. "We are going to find a town, and get you healed. Do not argue, and do not struggle. There is obviously something wrong, and I am not comfortable with parading around the countryside with us at half our usual strength."

Even if Haeria resisted and refused to go, Astrum would just toss her up onto her horse's back and bring her to a healer. Something was definitely wrong with her, despite what she said.

-------------------

Narath

Evain ducked her head shyly as Aaron waved at her, and crawled back into her sleeping bag. Narath could tell there was something wrong with her. She hadn't spoken a word since they had left, which for her was strange since the little girl would never stop chattering. With a sigh, Narath turned to look at Asthen's map as he explained his plan.

"It sound fairly good." Narath said when Asthen finished. "I think we should avoid the large cities though. Too risky. Instead we should stick to small towns on their outskirts."

Getting to her feet Haeria simply nodded and took the canteen. Taking a small sip she haded it back and walked over to Thaizial. Sending out a probe Haeria leaned on Thaizial's side while taking some of his energy. Sighing Haeria turned to Astrum when she finished "Alright you win, but I think it's just a concussion." Patting Thaizial's nose she whispered to him, "Bring." Snorting Thaizial slowly walked over to Realan and herded her over to Haeria. Much calmer the mare allowed Haeria to quickly slip a rope bridle over her head. "Areyouriding?" Haeria asked frowning as she patted Realan. Edited by Raven301

Astrum

"No, I'll just lead her." Astrum replied. "After what's been going on, I'm not sure if I can trust that horse to not buck me off.

"You however, are not going to be leaving Thaizial's back until we get to someone that can look after you."

As he spoke, Astrum began to pack up whatever he had, and strapped his weapons back onto his body. Once he was finished, he began to tie everything down on Realan's back, being careful not to make any sudden movements or to go behind her. There was no way he was going to trust a wild horse that kept bucking people off.

"Ok." Haeria said simply as she be;ted on her knife and mounted Thaizial drawing two apples from her saddle bags as she did so. "Here." she said as she leaned down to hand Astrum one of the apples, "We can eat as we walk."

(Short)

Astrum

Astrum took the apple that Haeria handed him, and took a bite.

"Alright." He replied. "Mount up, and we'll be on our way."

"I agree with Nareth, and I think it goes without saying that we should avoid mentioning Heirs as much as possible. We need to find the others discreetly otherwise we will be in a fighting retreat everywhere we go. A good way to get killed." Aaron added looking over the map. Not to mention never being able to find a safe place to rest." He continued then the sound of a yawn and some shuffling caught his ear. He glanced back at Arla as she approached the group."I see we've added new people to our little band." Arla stated rubbing sleep from her eyes.

((Short post is weak x.x))

"Agreed then." Asthen said rolling up the map, "Evain should ride definitely," Asthen said whistling for Fable, "I'll run through the morning when it's not very bright out," he continued, "But who would like to ride with Evain right now?" As Fable walked over Asthen walked to the edge of the camp, content to let them figure it out for themselves. Picking up the hides from last night's meal Asthen, with out noticing it himself, gradually began scooting towards the shadier part of the woods.

Patting Thaizial's neck Haeria urged him forward at a fast walk, making sure Astrum could keep up. After about three hours of this Haeria was amazed at how long this boy could run. Jeez he's got some serious stamina. she thought to herself glancing down again to see him seemingly fine.

((Sorry I haven't been on guys!

Archios - I would have Sebastian bump into our little group, the more the merrier!))

Edited by Raven301

((I will work it in best I can))

Sebastian found that he must be feeling rather apathetic today. At least, more apathetic than usual towards the menial tasks he was forced to do day to day. Admittedly, he missed his music very much and yet he felt that it wouldn't be wise to indulge himself out here in the 'wilderness'. Sure he hadn't seen anyone out here but he didn't want to risk conflict if there were, and conflict was something he thought inevitable when meeting new people. Usually this was just getting people to leave him alone (and leaving a sour taste in their mouth before the encounter was over) but he was under the impression that anyone outside sophisticated society tended to be primal. Of course, this was just what he had pieced together from police records, his history texts, and some of his less credible sources such as folktales.

He rose to his feet and approached his horse who was still grazing. The beast raised its head and snorted as he took its reins and started leading it away from the clearing. He trudged monotonously through the trees for a while before he heard sounds of human life. He stopped. He listened. Whoever they were they sounded younger than your typical travelers, all teenagers and some of whom obviously hadn't hit puberty. He also decided that there must be some females in the group as well or some very feminine males. He let go of his horse and started to venture closer despite himself. Such a party was strange in its own right that it invoked a strain of curiosity in him. If anything went awry then he could flee to his horse and be off in a heartbeat, assuming these were average citizens, which he didn't dare assume. He approached the sounds of conversation quietly.

Narath

"Thank you for allowing Evain to ride." Narath said. "These past few days have been trying for her, and I fear that she is never going to be the same again.

"I'm alright with walking in any case. If no one else...

Narath began to drift off as he noticed his golem standing at the edge of their clearing, gazing out as if it suspected something was there.

Motioning for everyone to be quite, he drew his bow, fitting an arrow into it's string. As he aimed it towards where the golem was staring, Evain his behind him, clutching at the folds of his robes.

-------------------------------

Astrum

Astrum made off after Hearia, guiding the horse she had caught as they went. After a few hours, he was still going strong, seeing as he was from the energy kingdom. For some reason, it always took forever to tire him down.

"Let me know when you see a town." He shouted to Haeria. "You have the hight advantage, so you should see it first."

He stopped as he came into view of the group and crouched in the dirt beside a dense clump of undergrowth. Had they seen him? He watched intently as one on the edge of the group and... A golem. Earth Kingdom. Just to the NorthEast of the art kingdom. Who were these people and why were they here? He didn't see any supply cart or other such cargo and they didn't appear to be from the same places. There was no uniformity between them. Not between most of them anyway. A 'motley' crew really did describe the group best. He shuffled backwards, not snapping any of the sticks scattered around loud enough for him to hear. He sighed inwardly. Leaving without making any sound seemed improbable and he could be sure that someone had noticed him. He looked back at the figures through the brambles of the bush. "... Lower your bow. I pose no threat to you."

Edited by ArchiosLukos

Caelum became aware that there was someone else there so she jumped down and removed her dagger from her pocket

((short :'( ))

Narath

Narath trained his bow on the boy that walked out of the trees.

"Before I do, tell me who you are." He called out. "Believe me when I say that I'd rather not shoot you."

The golem lumbered over to stand next to the boy, ready to strike out if need be.

Sebastian stood and observed the golem. He must admit that he was impressed. The only time he had seen a golem was during a diplomatic meeting, a courtesy call really. He had been young at the time but he remembered that there had been two of them and they were massive. 'They still are'. Now that his view was unobstructed he could see that these were more than normal children. Nobles at least. He narrowed his eyes and checked the signs over and over again. "Are you royalty?" he asked in place of the other question. "Or," he paused. "Perhaps heirs to certain kingdoms?" and not even kingdoms nearby.

Narath

"What is it to you?" Narath demanded. "I'll repeat myself; Who are you?"

His sister tightened her grip on his cloak, and buried her face. Narath drew the string a little further back, and moved to cover his sister from the stranger's view easier.

As he listened to the conversation in the clearing Asthen quietly moved behind Sebastian until he was right behind the heir. "You look like you came from the Art Kingdom." he said quietly in the silence, "But with dark hair, that doesn't make sense." Asthen went on, "Unless you were the heir, who would that be again? Oh right Sebastian." As he said this Asthen ghosted over to Narath, becoming obviously more clumsy when he reached the sunlight. Edited by Raven301

Sebastian's posture was already straight, but it would have stiffened considerably more if it could have. Instead, the thin frame of his shoulders raised a degree and the tiny hairs on his neck and arms stood up. He couldn't trust these people but there was no point in telling pointless lies to them either. "I am Sebastian Tharadell of the art kingdom." he drawled uninterestedly. "I never assume anything when I can help it but it seems obvious that the rest of you must be heirs to the disbaned thrones of other kingdoms due to both your lack of uniformity and hesitance to answer a simple question posed to you about the subject." he glanced back at Asthen. "Am I correct in this?"

Edited by ArchiosLukos

"Yes, Asthen Ornelas at your service." Asthen said a hint of a smile on his lips, "Heir of the shadow kingdom." pushing his cowl back Asthen scowled at the sun as he looked over at his now may companions, How did I get roped into this? Asthen thought to himself sighing. I guess more heirs are always welcome but still. "You are welcome to join us in our quest to take back or thrones." Asthen extended the invitation for the whole group.

Narath

"I am Narath Misertus, heir to the Earth Kingdom, and this is my sister Evain." Narath said as he lowered his bow. "And that fellow there is my golem."

The golem gave the Sebastian one last look before continuing to patrol the clearing since it seemed that it's master no longer deemed the newcomer a threat.

It wasn't much of a contemplation. He had his plan mapped out. However... these people did need guidance if they were to survive. It was much too easy to point out what made them different kingdom, and then royalty. As he began to note names, Asthen's stood out to him. Heir to the shadow kingdom. Sebastian had always been fascinated to no end with shadow magic and the kingdom itself (obsessed with it really). The thought gave him shivers, the pleasurable kind. He mentally shook the feeling and composed himself. "I'm not sure about joining you, but I know that you would find my advice useful. I have no desire for the other kingdoms of the world to be ruled by enemies of the state."