Raven301

The Dark Lords

Astrum

"Haeria, is that really you?" Astrum said in disbelief, as he gratefully took the canteen.

After drinking deeply from it, his thirst was somewhat quenched, he continued.

"I didn't think that I'd find you out here. When I passed your kingdom, I saw it up in smoke, and gave up hope of fining allies to help me exact revenge on the censorkip.gif***s that destroyed my home."

He paused to take another long drought, before handing it back, and continuing.

"Which brings me to answer your question. I am not well at all. My home is in ruins, my family is murdered, and I've been traveling for about six days on foot, without rest, two of which were without any sustenance."

Frowning as she took back the canteen Haeria responded slowly, "That sounds almost exactly like my little adventure except I've only been traveling for about a day." she said sighing, "And I have Thaizial here." She added patting Thaizial's silky neck. Moving slightly away from the fire Haeria murmured, "I think the boy here is hiding something but I just got here and don't even know who they are yet." Putting the canteen back in Thaizial's saddlebag Haeria reached into the bag and handed an apple to Astrum. "Eat." she commanded, "We need to figure out what were doing now."

Astrum

Astrum accepted the apple from Haeria, and sat down on a nearby rock, where he collapsed his Yari and returned it back to it's baldric. He normally wasn't one to take charity from others, but he was in a dire situation right now. If he didn't eat or drink, he would most likely die from the lack of sustenance.

Gazing around the fire, he saw two adults, a little girl, and a boy about his age. Again, there was something familiar about the boy, but he couldn't put his finger on it. He was still much too tired for that. Astrum slid off of the rock and onto the ground, leaning his back up against it, and closing his eyes. It felt good to be able to relax again, even though it was on the cold hard ground.

Raising his head back up, he looked at the people around him.

"So who are you all?" He inquired.

Edited by Narath

"Isn't it common courtesy to introduce yourself first, before asking our names... this is after all our spot" replied the man. He stood up from where he had been kneeling down and eyed the stranger. Oz had remained quiet.

".... and another..." grumbled the man, as a second stranger came up behind the girl. "Kids these days... lack the common etiquette of introducing themselves when they approach anothers area..." Rudolph sighed. "I take it that the pair of you are called Haeria and Astrum?" spoke Rudolph, as he heard them greet one another. "I don't know where you are from, but common etiquette dictates that you introduce yourselves first before demanding to know the names of others"

"Haeria?... Astrum?,," thought Oz, he knew those names. They were the names of the firstborns from the Mind Kingdom and the Energy kingdom from the Iqor mountains; a group of mountains located West of the Volcano the fire kingdom resided on. From what he could hear, it sounded like the same thing that happened to his kingdom months ago had happened to their respective kingdoms recently.

Oz stood up, "Rudolph, I thank you for your kindness and hospitality. But I must be on my way now." he bowed and began to walk away. There was a strong chance that those two would recognize him and the last thing he wanted now was word spreading that a member of the Fire Kingdoms royal family had survived.

If it became public knowledge that he was alive, then it would mean that his body double; the man he owes his life to, had died in vain.

Rudolph turned and was caught off guard by Oz's sudden remark. "Are.. are you sure Basil?.. The stew is almost done..."

Kayla and her mother looked on, not sure what to say.

Astrum

"I have not and any kind of rest for days, so I hope you don't take too much offence from my insubordinate behavior," Astrum snapped back at the old man. "Anyways, you probably heard who we were from our conversation already."

Why did people always have to act like this? It really got on his nerves. You just forget about one tiny thing, and people act as if the world is about to end.

Then the boy abruptly stood up to excuse himself, identifying him as someone who was not part of this merchant group. Now he really did seem to look familiar to Astrum now that that factor was out of the way. He definetly knew him name was not Basil though

"Wait one moment," He said before 'Basil' could leave. "Who are you? Really?"

((OOC: what is the picture in your sig from Totally?))

Edited by Narath

((Its Ace from one piece and his Jolly Roger))

Oz stopped as he heard Astrum's question and cursed silently, As he suspected, Astrum was suspicious of him. Rudolph however was confused by the question, why was it important that they knew who the kid was> he wondered.

"The name is Basil Hawkins, I am just a traveler travelling between towns.." he replied. "Now I must be off, I have an appointment in the next town over that I can't be late for"

Oz continued his exit.

Edited by TotallyDrow

"Hello Evain." she said as the small girl walked over towards her. "Hello Narath and Asthen. And yes I can I hunt. I have a bow and a sword." She stood up and then said. "So are you going hunting? If so can I come with you as I always love a good hunt."

Vita turned another corner. She walked through another door and found herself in the storage room. She quickly started searching through the room. Vita put apples in the bag but pulled out two and handed them to Karam and Enota eat, she comanded. Soon she had put a blanket some herbs, and fruit in her bag. She carried it as she headed towards the exit.

((OOC: I knew it was one piece! My friend is a big fan, and I've watched one of the seasons with him (the Japanese one with English subtitles, he hates the dubbed). I actually saw the people that do the voices of Zorro and Frankie in the dub this weekend at animethon.))

Astrum

"I know your name is not Basil. The only reason that your real one eludes me at the moment is because I lack the mentality of someone with any rest." He said, getting up this time.

It was with great effort, but he wanted to know why this person was lying. He hated it when people lied. It always spelled disaster, and they often had ill intentions. He looked at Haeria for help. She always seemed to have had good intuition when it came to separating truth from lies.

-----------------------

Narath

"I do not think it would be wise for all of us to leave the camp. I think that no more than two of us should be gone at a time." Narath said.

Then he turned to his sister.

"Asthen is right though. You should get some rest Evain. We have been traveling a lot more than you are used to. You'll need the rest."

The little girl just slumped her shoulders in disappointment. She didn't want to go to sleep. She wanted to be with the older kids.

"Come on," he said. "You've already stayed up later than normal."

He knelt down by his supplies, and pulled out the only sleeping role he had. He rolled it out along the ground next to the fire, and placed the pack at it's head as a pillow. He motioned for his little sister to walk over.

"Come on," Narath said gently. "You need your rest. Trust me, you won't even want to get up in the morning."

His sister reluctantly walked over and slide into the roll, and Narath pulled it up around her once she was inside.

"You all warm and comfortable in there?" He asked.

Just simply nodding yes, his sister rolled over to face the fire, and tried to go to sleep. Narath sighed, and sat down next to Arla.

"and what do you base your assumption on?" replied Oz, "We are strangers to one another, thus to assume you have any concrete knowledge on my background is a bit presumptuous on your part... I have given you my name and that is that..." Oz began to walk off again, before stopping once more, he turned his head slightly so that he could look behind him. "If you are not satisfied with my name, feel free to call me what you like... I doubt we will cross paths again"

((One of the best anime's I have seen and just keeps on surprising. I prefer the sub as well... imo Dubbed anime versions ruin the anime))

Hmmm that is not who he is. After probing for a minute Haeria smiled, he could help us, and it makes sense that I wouldn't know him but Astrum would. Stepping closer to Astrum Haeria whispered, "He's Oz the Fire Kingdom heir, but he probably doesn't want these people to know it." Turning back to the fire Haeria raised her voice as they had moved away from the fire, "We'll be going too." Before whistling to Thaizial, and looking over her shoulder at Astrum, "You coming with?"

"I am going to go hunting." Asthen said turning to the woods, "I have no food." Lightly leaping away Asthen sighed as he left the circle of light the fire made. He never realized how much the light annoyed him till he was out of it. Looking along the ground Asthen quickly spotted some hare tracks and quietly followed them till he found a low hanging bush where the tracks stopped. Inspecting the ground Asthen saw that the hare seemed to have a mate. In half a second Asthen had an arrow drawn and in another it was flying towards the bush. By the time the two hares started running Asthen had another draw and t was flying after the first rabbit while in another second another arrow was flying towards the second. As both arrows hit their mark Asthen lowered his bow and let it dissolve back into his shadow along with his quiver and arrows. Drawing a knife Asthen approached the hares and quickly slit both their necks before picking them up and heading back to the fire.

Edited by Raven301

((OOC: Me and my friend went to a panel the voices of Zorro and Frankie were at, and he was happier than a kid on Christmas day (we are 17). Look at this guy's costume. My friend absolutely loved it. Seriously, he was going a bit insane.

Dang it, you sniped me Raven. Now there goes my entire post.))

Astrum

"I-I'm not sure how I know. I think that I may have met you before." Astrum said.

Rage and suspicion was building up inside of him. Why would he walk away? Was he a spy? There was so many questions, which all led to him getting more and more angry, but his anger began to subside once Haeria whispered who he really was to him. Astrum cursed his sloppiness for not realizing who he was. He really did need some rest.

"Very well then. I'll be off with you." He grumbled. "But we need to stop soon, I still need some rest."

He didn't really like traveling with others, but if he was to survive to exact his revenge, he would have no choice but to do so.

((OOC: He is probably going to need more than an apple to stave off hunger by the way.))

"Alright get on the horse." Haeria commanded grabbing Thaizial's reins and giving them to Astrum. "I think we should follow Oz." Haeria said quietly looking in the direction the fire mage had gone in, "He could be very helpful." She said as she withdrew her mental probing, a bit worn out. Taking out an apple for herself Haeria walked in the opposite direction as Oz, "We can make a loop." she whispered to Astrum as Thaizial nicker quietly to his master, Where are you going? he seemed to ask shaking his neck.

((Sorry ninja.giftongue.gif ))

Edited by Raven301

"Well you must have me confused with someone else". Oz knew he had to get out of there as soon as possible, the girl was from the Mind Kingdom and keeping his identity a secret from her would not be easy; in fact it might have been futile now. Oz watched as she whispered to Astrum; the mood in the area suddenly changing as the pair of them decided to leave as well.

Thankfully, they seemed to be heading off in the opposite direction.

((OOC: It's all right.))

Astrum grudgingly accepted the reins and climbed onto the horse. He normally wouldn't, but he was too tired to even object.

"Very well," He said. "Let's loop around to follow him. These are dangerous times, and sons and daughters of the kingdoms should not be roaming alone. We will need to work together to extract revenge."

"It's all about revenge with you." Haeria teased as they walked, "'We will need to work together to extract revenge.'" She said in an imitation of Asturm's voice, "Revenge, revenge, revenge." she sighed loudly, "Revenge." As they walked Haeria kept looking around for any bushes or trees that would produce fruit. She knew most of the plants that grew out here as the Mind Kingdom would come down to the base of the mountains every winter as it got too cold higher up. Soon Haeria spotted a berry bush and quickly grabbed her blanket out of her saddle bags and walked over to pick the bright blue fruit.

Astrum

"Well I'm sorry, but my family is dead! They deserved better, so avenging them is the least I could do." Astrum snapped.

When Haeria walked over to a bush for berries, it just annoyed him even more.

"I thought we were going after Oz! Were you just saying that to get me to come along with you?"

When Caelum dragged the boat onto shore, looking behind her, she saw smoke rising from were the island was. Not able to bear the sight any more, she ran off into the woods.

After she got out of the boat, she climbed into a tree to rest. Then she started hearing horses and foot steps in dry leaves. Could these be the people who killed my parents? she thought. Just then she heard a screech and saw a figure fly towards her, but when it landed she recognized it. Narmin! she shouted. Narmin was her fathers falcon, Caelum thought he had died with everyone else. She felt better with Narmin around.

"No I am going after Oz Mr. Snappy Pants, but I only have provisions for a few days with two people and even less with three. You have no food it looked like Oz didn't either, if you would like to go starve be my guest." Haeria said as she filled the blanket with the fruits. When she had as many as the blanket could carry Haeria walked back over to Asturm and offered him the blanket, "Eat some more, you look half-starved."

Astrum

Astrum remained silent. Her words did ring with truth. But he didn't necessarily like her calling him snappy. He grudgingly took the berries, and began to eat them. They were sweat, but it didn't realy register with him. He was too busy brooding. Finally he spoke.

"We should find a village or somewhere else that we can purchase provisions, and maybe even lodging. "

"Provisions yes lodging maybe. If word has gotten out, and I'm sure it has, that the kingdoms are falling, how do you think villages are taking it? We really don't know, some of them may still remain loyal to the kingdoms nearby but others may be supporting this strange man, or men. I can't watch a whole village's thoughts or even emotions." Changing direction now Haeria added, "We should at least find Oz and I can see if I can get you two horses." Sighing Haeria thought of what that would imply, plains horses were more trusting than mountain dwellers but they still put up a fight, both mental and physical. Catching horses would wear her out for a few days.

After climbing down from her tree Caelum looked at her boat that was gently rocking with the waves, beckoning for her to come and look inside. Climbing down from her tree Caelum peeked into the hull of the boat and saw two blankets, pulling them out Caelum reclimbed her tree and looked around. Seeing a branch covered in moss Caelum laid down and instantly fell asleep. As she did so Narmin flew up to a branch above her to guard over and protect his new master

((Is it night?))

Edited by Flamma

I don't get why I can't go out to hunt. She crossed her arms and looked into the fire. "What do you like to eat?" she said to Narath. She knew that it was a stupid question to ask but she just wanted to start a conversation.

((OOC: 00235, Narath never said that she couldn't go. He said that at least one of them should stay behind, and opted himself out, giving her the opportunity to go.))

Astrum

"You need not catch me a horse," Astrum began. "I can travel just as long as one, and as fast if need be. All I need is some rest and I'll be good as new. Anyways, after we get ourselves set, what do you think our plan should be?"

----------------------

Narath

Narath thought for a moment.

"It is rather difficult to say." He began. "I favor many of the different vegetables that I grow in my garden."

He paused for a moment, and then continued, a little bit of sadness now creeping into his voice.

"Well, the vegetables that I used to grow in my garden."

Edited by Narath

"What do you mean? Don't you have a house anymore? What happened to your family?"

(OOC: sorry for a really short post)