Raven301

The Dark Lords

((OOC: It's ok.

To answer your earlier question, a golem is shaped like a human, but is instead carved out of rock, and stand around 8-10 feet tall. They have no facial features, exept for a gemstone of varying types that contains it's 'soul.' Not much is known of these gems besides the fact that they are highly durable. If the golem's body is destroyed, but the gem remains intact, they can just place said gem onto a new body and the golem will live on. The art of creating them is lost to the ages, so what is left of them is guarded jealously. I plan to reveal more about these gems fairly soon.))

Letting the sword melt from his grasp Asthen sighed, "You are absolutely no fun. Besides," Asthen suddenly jumped up and, pushing off it's arm, leapt over the golem before quickly redrawing his cloak, "How agile is a golem?" Studying the young girl for a moment Asthen turned back to Narath, "I am Asthen, price-that-is-now-unconditionally-king of the Shadow Kingdom. The same thing happened to my home as I assumed happened to your now if you tell your golem not to attack me I will kindly take you to my mini-camp where I have a tiny bit of food and we can work out weather we are enemies or not."

((0023567467 can you post in a less bright color? *shields eyes*))

Edited by Raven301

Narath

"I'm sorry if I seem like a bore, but my first priority was my sister's safety," He said as Evain quickly hid behind Narath again, clutching his cloak tighter. "Also, golems might not be extremely agile, but they are fast, and quick to react. I suspect the only reason it didn't yank you out of the air was because it deemed you as an ally."

Edited by Narath

((Ok! Added to the rules that there should be no bright posting! biggrin.gif I don't know how I for got that huh.gif ))

Shrugging Asthen turned and walked back over to the woods, gesturing with his hand for the others to follow. As they walked through the woods Asthen thought of why he would ally himself with the others, sure the golem and Narath would be good fighting partners but the little girl? And one person isn't going to attract as much attention as two teenage boys with a golem and a little girl. But when they both got their powers, ha and Narath would do better fighting together rather than apart. Making up his mind as they reached the clearing where his horse was tethered Asthen turned to the rest of the group, "Home sweet home!"

Edited by Raven301

Arla tried to make a weapon out of ice. Her hands quivered and the weapon she had been making shattered to the ground. She was a long way from her home, a very long way, infact she was near the village of the Earth people. She sat down on a log and listened to the sounds near her. She could hear a bird chirping and someone who was shouting. Can't they just be quiet? She got to her feet and started walking towards where the voices were.

((OOC: This will be my last post tonight since it is 1:20 am here))

Narath

The small group from the Earth kingdom followed Asthen to his camp, Evain not leaving the side of her older brother. As they entered the camp, Narath placed his gear at the base of a tree to take inventory of what he had.

"Go and patrol the perimeter" he instructed the golem, who immediately complied.

Turning back to his bag, he counted provisions for six days. That is, if it was just himself. It would probably last four with his sister, and now only two with their new companion. There was also just one sleeping role, which made him suspect that he wasn't expected to have brought along Evain. Continuing on from that, there was also his bow, with a small quiver of twenty arrows, and, to his shock, the royal dagger, an ancient weapon worn by all of the kings of the Earth kingdom.

Meanwhile, as the golem walked out on patrol, it spotted a young girl walking nearby, heading towards the camp. It quickly came up behind her, and grabbed her by the back of her shirt.

Edited by Narath

Arla felt someone grab her from behind. She quickly spun around and froze the thing that was trying to attack her. She immediately unfroze it as she realised it was a golem. "Are you ok? Is that your owner over there?" she pointed at the boy with the girl.

Sebastian had long since left his kingdom. Reports and rumors had been drifting in that other kingdoms were being destroyed and he thought that for the preservation of his family line it would be best to leave now and not have to risk being killed by strange men going after the various kings and queens on the throne. He had attempted to do some research on it but the less-than-historically oriented library in the castle proved to have very little information on the subject. He had been camping along the edge of the Estra woods in a very insubstantial and cramped tent, also known as a large waterproofed animal skin tied tightly over a fallen tree with a bedroll on the ground under it.

Despite how terribly uncomfortable and dirty it was, he was pleased enough to have sorted everything out before the attack, which he decided would come as predicted based on a map marked with places and dates which told several of the assaults. He was curled up inside of his tent, facing his back to a very low fire that had been created. Nearby was a horse from the stables which he had tied to a tree as close to patches of grass as could conveniently be made. On the ground next to his tent lay some of the supplies he had managed to take with him on the way out. Most of them would be tied to the horse but it was only fair that he had to carry a proportional amount of the load, mostly personal things.

So far, he had no other plans but to wait in the forest until the attack did or did not come, hope his parents had the sense to leave before then, and survive either alone or together with them depending on the outcome. Nobody knew the prince was gone other than his mother, his father, and the court since he was so withdrawn as to fool some into believing he didn't exist at all, even though his birth was officially recorded and he had been introduced at several events. It was all the better for him if people didn't know of his existence. However, that didn't change the fact that he didn't have much of a plan.

The thought had never occurred to him that he might need to band together with other firstborns, simply because he wasn't very social and the very thought of having to talk to someone for more than an hour was distressing enough. All personal comforts aside he was going to have to take that path eventually. If he had his creature comforts things might be better but he couldn't even afford to practice an instrument out in this forest because of the looming threats of bandits. He was lucky not to have been spotted already, though he moved his camp every few days.

It would be a few more hours before he managed to get to sleep with the hard ground and constant noise created by the animals here. He might be able to play his flute and cause them to quiet down, but there was again that problem with anyone else in the forest hearing it and coming to investigate as any human would at the strange sweet sound. In the end it was just another night of shivering in the cool evening air, though he did think that his body was growing accustomed to it, which he appreciated.

((OOC: You know, if she didn't unfreeze the golem, she'd just be stuck hanging there since it can't let her go when it's frozen xd.png ))

Narath

The golem did not reply. Even if it wanted to, it couldn't have spoken, as it had no mouth. It simply shook whatever ice was left on it's body off, and began to walk with the girl in hand towards the camp.

Narath had buckled on the decorated dagger, and was now slinging the quiver of arrows along his back, when the golem came into the clearing holding a girl by the scruff of her collar. Narath still wanted to be cautious, but it hardly seemed fair to the young girl to be held captive like that.

"Let her down." He instructed the golem.

And it did so unceremoniously, simply releasing her and dropping her to the ground. Narath walked over and knelt by her side, offering a hand to help her up.

"Sorry about that, it was just trying to do it's job," he said. "May I ask who you are?"

Edited by Narath

Caelum was perched in her mountain top cave. She had beautiful view of the castle and she could see many miles out on a clear blue day, that's why she spends many hours of the day sitting here. Out of the corner of her eye she caught sight of something glinting red in the sunlight. Balahara leaped of the cave edge landing unharmed onto the ground. She picked it up. It was is ruby pendant on a golden chain. Balahara gazed in awe at it How did this get here she wondered Well its mine now she said happily as she skipped back to he parents castle Edited by Flamma

Looking nervously over her shoulder Haeria urged her horse ever faster, Come on Thaizial a little faster! As her horse ate the miles beneath her Haeria tried not to think of the duel she was fleeing from, the man had been dressed strange, even for a low dweller, and after assassinating her mother the man had challenged her dear father to a duel. A duel! Snapping bad to he present Haeria took in the mountains surrounding her she was approaching the Energy Kingdom, should she stop? Probably not the Mind Kingdom often raided the others in the mountains, she may not be welcomed with open arms. Deciding against it Haeria quickly adjusted her corse for the plains she could just barely see between the mountains of the valley. Run Thaizial run!

Looking up as the golem brought back a girl Asthen quickly walked over. Noticing a bit of ice still sticking to the golem Asthen studied the girl, "And you're Arla, the Ice kingdom heir. Probably fleeing from the same situation as us. I'm fine with you staying, right now we're working out wether or not were enemies and you are included in that." Looking up at Narath Asthen asked, "You going hunting? Cause you should put your sister to bed first if you do. Then I'll either come with or go by myself." at this Asthen drew a longbow from his shadow sighing I hate doing more than one thing at a time and finally, after concentrating for a minute or two, pulled out a quiver and arrows as well.

((ArchiosLukos - Sebastian can't be 16 yet (how did I miss that) so I'm going to edit to 15 almost 16))

Edited by Raven301

Oz was kneeled over a makeshift campfire, a shallow hole dug into the ground and filled with dried leaves and firewood, the hole itself was surrounded by large rocks. In his hands were two stones which he was clashing against one another in an attempt to generate a spark, which would light the kindling. Under different circumstances he would have generated the fire with his own abilities, a simple motion with his hand and the kindling would have lit itself.

But these were not normal circumstances. A pair of eyes were focused on his actions from across the camp site. Sat on one of the fallen logs brought to the open area as a makeshift bench was a girl, no older than 10. She was the daughter of the merchant couple that had found Oz collapsed on the side of the road. They had been travelling by horse and carriage when they spotted Oz lying in the middle of the pathway and brought him with them.

In an attempt to pay back his debt to the family, he had offered to start the fire as the man and his wife prepared the food. At first he thought it would be a simple task of using his abilities, but that soon turned to be impossible when their daughter decided to watch. As things stood, he was struggling to generate a spark with the rocks in his hand.

Oz had decided not to reveal his powers to them, after all his city and his fellow mages had been one of the first to be attacked and slaughtered and word had spread that every member of the royal family had perished. It had been assumed that Oz had died along with everyone else, this was due to a body double having switched places with him. One of the servants bared an uncanny resemblance to Oz, despite having been born with different hair color and being slightly older. Ofcourse in order to be an effective body double they had to dye his hair and raise him in a similar fashion to the prince. For several years the double would take over for Oz when he was not feeling well to be out in public.

The double had been the one to alert Oz of the attack and hide him away by leading him into one of the many secret passages of their manor. With Oz out of the way, the double had quickly taken up the disguise of being the royal son and was killed in Oz's place. Since that day, Oz has only used his abilities when alone and has not told anyone of his abilities nor his lineage. He does not seek to draw attention to himself after all a fire mage of his age matching the physical description of the 'believed to be deceased' prince of the Fire kingdom and wearing an eye patch no less could draw unwanted attention.

"Boy, Hows that fire going? The pot is just about ready!" shouted the man, disrupting Oz from his thoughts.

"Uh.. its.. its.." he struggled for words, until he felt a hand on his shoulder.

"Its alright.. takes awhile for anyone to master the art of starting a campfire... hand me the rocks and I'll get it started..." the man spoke as he stood over Oz. "Kayla, help your mother clean up" he said, looking over towards his daughter before kneeling down beside Oz and taking the rocks out of his hands.

"You have to hit them at an angle, like this.." the man clashed the rocks together and several sparks formed.

Caelum skipped through the front gaits of the castle that's odd she thought There's usualy a guard here. Balahara walked up the dark stairs and into her room. She slipped on the necklace and was admiring herself when she heard an ear splitting scream. Balahara jumped back and scrambled to pick up her dagger. Just then a knight came running in her door. His arm was fiercely bleeding from a deep sword cut. You have to leave! He said to frightened Balahara, Jump from the window and run!

W-what about my parents Balahara sputtered I’ll hold him off. the knight said grimly

WHO!

Just go! he shouted. Before she jumped she a small bag her shelf

Edited by Flamma

"So son... if ya don't mind me askin, what was it you were do'in out there in the middle of the road?" a smoke had began to form as the kindle became lit. It hand't even taken the man 5 minutes and he had already gotten the campfire started.

"Its not everyday we find a young man such as yourself sleeping out there..." he finished.

Oz looked away slightly. Obviously for his own reasons he was not going to tell them everything, but he atleast had to offer them a plausible reason.

"I.. I was heading towards the next village... when my horse was spooked... I must have fallen off and lost concious" he lied. Walking between the village and he had left was a foolhardy task especially without the proper resources, but he had no other choice. "When I woke up, I was in the back of your caravan.." he held a hand behind his head and gave a half smile hoping that he wouldn't continue with the questions. "I.. i don't suppose you saw a horse out there... where you found me" he knew full well that there was no horse.

"Can't say I have.. it was just you.." the man stood up and grabbed the stew pot from his wife and began to attach it to a metal contraption which held it above the fire. "the food should be done in about 20-30 minutes from now.." The man sat along the log and pulled out a pipe.

"So.. whats your name? As you know, my daughter here is Kayla, my wife's name is Lasinda and I'm Rudolph."

Oz thought for awhile, he was not gonna give his real name, "Basil.. Basil hawkins.." he lied once again.

As Haeria finally reached the plains she looked around sighing, it's already dark. Patting Thaizial's panting side Haeria slid off his back and gently stroked the horse's head, "Come on lets go." Knowing that the horse would follow Haeria dropped the reins and looked around. The only light for miles seemed to be a small campfire not too far away, "Lets go ask if they know anything, shall we?" Haeria asked her horse who, naturally, didn't respond. Walking quickly Haeria started for the fire not to far away.

((What she is seeing is Oz's fire.))

Edited by Raven301

She looked at the boy who had short blonde hair and said. "You friend here just told you my name so I guess It'll be no use to you telling it to you now. May I ask what's your name?" She looked around the camp and found a small boulder she could sit on.

"Basil eh... can't say i've met another fella with that name" chuckled the man, who stirred the pot slightly. Already the smell of the stew was beginning to fill the area, the aroma causing Oz's stomach to grumble ever so slightly.

"So... what are your plans now? Without your horse it's going to take around half a days walk to reach the nearest village... and considering how lightly packed you are, I doubt you would have the provisions to last that long.." the man lifted the ladle he was using to stir the pot and poured a bit of the stew into a bowl and dipped his pinky in it, bringing it to his mouth and tasting the stew. "Not quite there yet.." he muttered, before pulling out a small canteen of water and pouring it over his hands.

He looked at Oz and waited for his response, but before he could reply they were interrupted by Kayla who pointed down the road.

"Someones coming" she spoke.

Caelum ran away from the kingdom and headed towards the docks. She jumped into a boat. She cried as the boat gently floated to the water below. When the boat hit the the water Caelum started making huge gusts of wind that shot her across the water. She looked down at her bracelet, her mother had given it to her almost four years ago. This made her cry even harder. How was she going to survive? How will she find food or water? She was going to die, why didn't the knight just let her die? It would have been all over with. She was going to die, Caelum was sure of it.

As she got closer Haeria could make out four figures and if she reached out her mind four strings of thought, one of which was surprisingly fortified. "Hello?" she called as she reached the edge of the circle of light, "Who are you?" If she wanted she could find out herself but Haeria liked to respect other's privacy, If they lied she would be able to tell. "Are you from any of the kingdoms?" Hmmm that boy seems kinda nervous, and he's the one with the fortifications, I wonder who he is.

((OOC: Is it ok if Narath is nearly 16 too? By about a month or two maybe? The only reason I didn't say 17 was because we aren't allowed to have them that old.))

Narath

Narath slowly lowered his hand when Arla ignored it and walked over to the rock.

"I could go hunting if you need me too. I haven't had too much experience, but I am a good shot." He said to Asthen.

Then he turned back to the newest arrival.

"I am Narath, that is Asthen of the shadow kingdom, this is my little sister Evain, and that there is a golem that is now protecting us," He said, motioning to each in turn. "Again, I am sorry about my golem. It didn't harm you at all did it?"

As he spoke, Evain crept out from behind him and shyly walked over to the girl, sitting next to her on the ground.

Edited by Narath

((Sure I'll edit))

"I'll go you just got out all your weapons and I thought 'hunting'." Huh strange how my brain works, "Anyway, I'm leaving early so if were going together a good night sleep might be good for a little girl." Asthen said fingering the bow, Turning to Arla Asthen asked, "Can you hunt? Or use any weapons?"

((Short post))

Vita was laying on her bed reading a book when she heard someone yell Th castle is under attack! She quickly grabbed a sword hanging on the wall and an empty sack. Vita had eleven brothers and sisters. She knew she couldn't save them all but that didn't stop her from trying. Vita entered a room and saw a boy and a girl, no more than five years old huddled in a corner. Enota, Karam, follow me. they follow her out and were making it towards the next room when a pillar fell in front of them and a pang of sadness shot through her. Turning around she quickly walked down a different hall.

Astrum

Astrum stumbled through the plains, weary from walking for so long. He had been wandering for days, and had already exhausted all of his food and water. But he did not dare to stop. Not until he knew he could rest with some protection. Though he was extremely skilled, he doubted that he could hold his own against whomever destroyed his home single handed, let alone when he was tired. Normally, he was full of energy, with more than he could spare. But now, he had been traveling for so long without any sleep.

After a few more hours, Astrum looked up from the ground and saw a faint light, and from the shadows it looked as if there was about five people surrounding it. Grunting, Astrum pulled his Yari from it's baldric, and extended it's handle to it's full length, using it as a walking stick as he approached.

He came up behind a girl who was talking to the group and what seemed to be her horse. For some reason she seemed familiar. He felt as if he should recognize her. However, in his weakened state, he could not put anything together. He cleared his throat.

"Friend or foe?" He croaked, his voice dry from a lack of water.

((OOC: Raven, if you wish, you can cause your horse to be spooked and kick Astrum, as horses normally do when people are behind them.))

Spinning quickly Haeria cursed herself for concentrating on this boy so much. As Thaizial whinnied nervously and danced to the side Haeria whispered, "Calm." and the horse immediately stood still although his eyes seemed to accuse, You should have let me kick him. Reaching out her mind to the newcomer Haeria immediately recognized Astrum as her kingdom would often visit his for days or weeks on end. "Hello Astrum." Haeria greeted quietly jabbing his mind slightly so he would recognize her, "How are you?" she asked quickly handing him her water canteen.