Raven301

The Dark Lords

"Alright, I'll skin one today and get to the other tomorrow." Asthen said picking up one of the hares and sitting on one of the rocks near the edge of the clearing. Using his knife, Asthen cut a ring around the rabbit's leg before deftly peeling the hide away revealing the meat underneath. With all the hide gone Asthen cut a slice down the middle and quickly removed the organs before tying the two front legs and two back legs together so it would hang over the fire on the spit.

"Alright." Haeria said starting Thaizial up again. As they neared where they thought Oz was Haeria sent out a probe searching for other human minds. As they reached some boulders Haeria stopped Thaizal, she sensed Oz on the other side, he was asleep she realized suddenly. "He's asleep on the other side." Haeria whispered to Astrum quietly. "You go that way?" she asked gesturing towards one side on the rock pile turning to the other.

Arla watched as Asthen skinned the rabbit. She watched with a sick expression on her face. Only when he started removing it's organs did she feel really sick. "I think I'm going to spew." she got up and walked to the edge of the camp. She then started vomiting up stuff while still thinking about the rabbit. When she had finished she went back to where Narath and Asthen were. "Sorry about that. It's just when you started to pull out the rabbits guts when I started to feel dizzy. I just don't like killing things. I mean, sure I have a big fear of spiders and I'll kill them but not largish animals."

Narath

"Well you'll have to get used to it, seeing as we'll have to be on the run for a while." Narath said. "Speaking of which, since this is most likely happening to all of the kingdoms, we should try group up with the rest of the heirs. After that, we should make a hideout or something where we can make plans that will eventually lead to us taking back our homes."

----------------------------------

Astrum

Astrum leaped nimbly off the horse, and squatted next to Haeria.

"What is the plan after that? I thought we were going to talk to him, not ambush him." He said.

((OOC: I've been meaning to ask you Raven, how did you do the eyes so well in your picture of Astrum? It took me forever to do the eyes for Haeria. That was why I had the others have their hoods so low in their pictures.))

"Sorry." she sat down and looked away into the forest again. She saw the read eyes staring back at her. She drew her bow and shot whatever was hiding. She hopped to her feet and brought back a vulture. "I think this fella was hiding in the bushes and was waiting to see if we would leave any food behind."

((*Shrugs* I really don't know, a lot of the time I'll look at a picture I found on the internet to base stuff like that on, basically faces, I suck at them.))

Looking up as Arla returned to the clearing Asthen listened to Narath as he explained what he thought they should do, "That sounds good to me." Asthen said picking up the hare hide and laying it out over some bushes. "You can season the meat now." Asthen said as Arla shot a vulture, "If he's here there are most likely more nearby, and presumingly something dead. He must have been driven out."

"We don't want him running." Haeria whispered to Astrum, "I was thinking just stand so that it would be very difficult for him to run, if he were to run. He didn't want anything to do with us back at that camp, why would it be any different now?"

Edited by Raven301

((aarrgh sorry this didn't get posted sooner.))

"He's headed to the throne room! Protect the king!"

"Where is the prince!? We need to get him out of here!"

"They brought reinforcements! We need more gaurds at the gate!"

Aaron stepped out of his room looking around. There were signs of fighting in the hallway. Aaron felt his stomach tighten at the sight of dead guards. "Youre highness! You need to escape get out of here!" A guard yelled at Aaron running up the hallway. "Mekhar what's going on!? Aaron asked as he was grabbed by the guard and forced back into his room. "There's been an attack. An assasin has penetrated the palace this place is not safe for you. Not get out, through the window." "Mekhar I can't-" "You think I'm blind? I've seen you leave through this window many times. Now go and remember your survival training." Aaron climbed onto the sill and turned back to the guard a look of worry on his face. "But my studies in survival were bad." "Then you will need to get good and fast. Now leave, I'll catch up with you once things are settled here." Aaron nodded and climbed out onto the tree and backtracked the way he had come and before long he was out in the forest again.

Once he was clear of the castle Aaron began making his way to the coast through the canopy. It was dark out, he could barely see where he was going. the gravity of the situation was weighing on Aaron but he was too shocked and confused to deal with it properly. So instead he kept leaping tree branch to tree branch unaware of the sleeping form of the sky princess that he was closing in on.

Narath

Narath began to get the meat ready. He sprinkled some herbs, and added just a pinch of others, and rotated it nice and slowly to get them cooked evenly into the rabbit to help bring out the flavor.

----------------------

Astrum

Astrum grunted in affirmation, and began to edge his way around to the rocks on the other side. When he got there, he peeked over, and silently waved to let Haeria know he was ready.

Caelum woke to Narmin screeching above her. She quickly got up and grabbed her dagger just as someone landed on her tree. Who are you, she growled Have you come to murder me like the rest of my family? she said getting closer.

((Fear not Archios You have not been forgotten. You just lost the coin toss. Gomenasai happy.gif))

Aaron was absorbed in his thoughts. Where will I go until things calm down. Did Mekhar say where he would meet me? I don't remember. The claws of the bracers bit into wood as Aaron hooked onto another branch. Using the tree branch like an axis he swung his legs forward and unhooked the bracers and was in the air again. A screech echoed out above him. An eagle? He thought landing on a branch letting the bracers bite into new bark. A cloud had shrouded the moon casting a shadow over the forest. There was a noise, and sudden movement to Aaron's right. Glancing to the trunk that the branch met he saw figure laying pointing something that gleamed in what little light there was to be had, she was questioning him, her voice giving away the girl's gender. Murder? He thought freezing in place startled by the sudden weapon being pointed at him.

The cloud moved clear of the moon and more light filtered through the canopy revealing both figures to each other. The girl was covered with a blanket and Aaron recognized her as Caelum: Princess of the Air Kingdom. He had been to her realm a few times. Aaron sighed with relief. "I'm Aaron Thalia, no I'm not here to kill you." He stated visibly relaxing around a fellow royal. He sat straddle legged on the tree and flipped back the clawed bracers. "I didn't mean to startle you. My home was attacked, and so I was running away." He explained to Caelum. "Why are you out hear, and by yourself at that?"

Edited by En'K'Haral

Seeing Astrum was in place Haeria silently glided over to the other side of the sleeping form that was now visible. Nodding at Astrum, Haeria quickly stepped to block Oz if he tried to run. "Ozberius Velariore, what happened to the fire kingdom?" she asked quite loudly.

Astrum

As Haeria got up from the other side of Oz, Astrum attempted to get up, but didn't seem to have enough energy, so he extended his Yari once more to use as a walking stick. When he got up from behind the rocks, he could not help but feel as if him using his weapon as a walking stick might scare the prince off.

ChocolateIzzy was so silly to not have told you we went on holidays, so shes been inactive. She will be able to post, but not as frequently as Izzy used to,

many thanks in advance

((:c Toraz has disappeared T_T and now someone else has taken my ELEMENT D: awww all because i didnt say i was going on holidays tongue.gif ))

Oz was waken from his slumber by a loud voice, much to his annoyance. Falling asleep in the wilderness was no easy task, especially one who has grown up living in comfort for such a long time. He turned and sat up, staring at the one who had awoken him. It was the girl from earlier.

"It's common knowledge that each member of the Velariore family from the fire kingdom died in that attack.." he looked her in the eye, "that includes this Ozberius fella you are looking for. Besides, I told you and your friend earlier... My name is Basil Hawkins... now if you don't mind... I was trying to get some sleep"

Astrum

"Don't lie to the lady." Astrum said. "She can tell. Haeria is very good with the mind."

He tapped his head to try and put an emphasis on his point.

Arla walked towards the meat while dropping the vulture on the ground. She got out some of her herbs and started seasoning it with them. When she was finished she was pleased to see that she still had plenty of herbs left. She walked over and sat on the floor doing nothing.

(OOC: Sorry for the bad post)

Sighing Haeria touched Oz's mind enough that he could feel it although she didn't know if he would know what the feeling was. "You are not who you say you are, you are Ozberius, the fire kingdom heir." Haeria said taking a half step closer, "How did the fire kingdom fall? Was it because of a single man or a group of them?"

As Narath began to cook the meat Asthen sighed and quickly walked over to one of the large rocks around the edge of the clearing. Nimbly jumping up to the top Asthen lay down and studied the stars. They burn so bright Asthen thought to himself, No one notices the dark space in between.

Narath

After some time of slow roasting the Rabbit, Narath removed the stick from over the fire.

"All right everyone, it's ready." He announced. "Dig in."

He took his knife and cut off a piece for himself, holding out the rest for the others.

Oz gritted his teeth, they couldn't take a hint could they... "Look... I'm sure youve heard the rumours... but every... and I mean 'every' member of the Velariore family was killed..." he replied.

Oz was normally calm and collected, however a surge of anger was welling up within him. If he had wanted to draw attention to himself he wouldn't have gone through all the trouble of hiding his true identity. To top it off, she was bringing up a touchy subject. Did she really think he would freely re-tell the events of how his family and everyone else that served his kingdom was brutally slaughtered and how by a mere slice of luck he was saved by a body double?

Astrum

"Look," Astrum began. "You don't have to tell us the events of your families deaths right now, but at least stop lying to us about your identity. We too are heirs, and all we want is to work as a group to find the others. Haeria is heir to the mind kingdom, and I,"

He paused for a moment, lifting his hand up and letting electricity lance from finger to finger before continuing.

"Am Astrum, heir to the lightning kingdom."

Edited by Narath

Oz stood up and picked his gear up. If he continued to stay there, they wouldn't go away and if he was gonna be forced to stay awake, he might as well continue down the path. He watched as Astrum gave a demonstration of his ability, a disinterested look spread across Oz's face as the flash of lightning momentarily lit the area.

"Heir of the mind and of the lightning eh?" replied Oz, since they obviously did not understand that Oz wanted to keep a low profile as well as not get involved he decided to give up the facade. In his own show of power, an orange spark flicked within Oz's eyes, before a ring of fire spread around his feet, scorching the grass around him into nothing but ash.

"I suppose your plan is to gather everyone and get revenge on your parents killers?" Oz stared at them. "Whoever it was that killed our parents was obviously strong enough to beat the best of us... heck I doubt any of us heirs are fully trained in our respective fields... going against those killers is nothing but a suicide mission" Oz readjusted his bag before turning and beginning down the path to the next village.

"I will not let my fire flicker out of existence for some petty reason such as revenge"

Astrum

Astrum was not frightened by Oz's show of powers, and he would not back down from this argument. As Oz began to walk away, he growled in frustration.

"They took us out individually, and by surprise!" He countered. "If we stand side by side, take the initiative, and take them by surprise, we will stand a chance! Yes, we are inexperienced, but we can practice! We can train! We can overtake them!"

Arla took a piece of the rabbit and ate it. She thought that it was a bit stringy but she didn't mind as she thought that she might be eating this for a while if they tend to stay in the wild like this. She preferred eating vegetables and fruit better than meat but since the coldness of where she lived limited her of what she could eat, she got used to eating animals.

"Your a fool" replied Oz. "Going after them will be nothing but a suicide mission... we will be spitting in the face of those who sacrificed their lives to protect us if we throw our lives away in such a foolish way"