Raven301

The Dark Lords

((OOC: No problem.))

Narath

Narath looked solemnly at the ground for a long while. When he looked up, his gaze traveled over to his sister.

"Evain is all the family I have left," He said, tears forming at the corners of his eyes. "My mother and father..."

He faltered for a moment, lowering his head once more.

"My mother and father died at the hand of an evil man that caused the destruction of the Earth kingdom. We barely made it out alive."

Edited by Narath

((OOC: I am drawing up some character sketches right now, and will hopefully have some up in the afternoon. Just thought I'd say.))

Aaron moved swiftly through the forest canopy. This was made possible through daring a set of bracers given to him on his twelfth birthday. They were of unique design worn like gloves they had a set of long metal claws. Placed on a kind of axle he could flip them forward and back, they also had a handle for him to hold onto while using them. He also had a shortbow slung across his chest and a small closable quiver strapped to his leg. He had been out exploring the forest again. He thoroughly loved doing that, even though it drove his parents crazy.

Today he'd been doing target practice and was on his way home when he saw smoke rising from the castle. Did Becky do something again? He thought to himself as he lept to another tree grabbing hold of a branch with the bracers. He used his momentum to swing forward and luanch to the next branch. It wasn't long before he arrived at a tree by the main wall. he noticed evidence that something else had climbed the tree. Fresh claw marks scarred the sides of the trunk. It was odd but he thought nothing of it as he dropped ontot he wall and then into the trees inside the city walls. Ascending the wooden behemoths he came to his window and climbed in. He could here cries from the hallway beyond and his door was open. Someone had been in the room.

((Gonna run some solo posts and then I can make my way over to either Caelum or Sebastion))

Vita ran into the forest. Only after a few minutes Enota and Karam got tired. Luckily Vita spotted a cave and soon they were inside of it. Its getting late. Lets try to get some sleep. She said laying down.

As he reached the circle of light Asthen sighed and laid the hares close to the fire. "Do either of you know how to cook very well?" Asthen asked Narath and Arla from where they were sitting, "I can make a basic stew but that's about it." he said walking over to his horse. Untying the horse from the tree Asthen whispered to it. "Eat but don't run." before walking back over to the others.

((OOC: It took a while, but I got the pictures up. I drew Asthen, Haeria, Legato, Astrum, Narath, And my stone golem.))

Narath

Narath looked up, and wiped the tears from his face, and putting on a calm demeanor.

"I know how to cook a little. I could whip up a pretty good rabbit roast if I had some herbs, vegetables, and a frying pan. Unless you have a frying pan at the least, I don't think that I can make anything but stew as well."

((OOC: Mind responding to Astrum as well Raven?

Pun not intended.))

Edited by Narath

((Sure and I'll add the pictures up top tomorrow

Hmm this kinda intrigues me to draw some too. biggrin.gif ))

"We could set up a spit and cook it that way." Asthen suggested, "And find some seasoning." Looking over at Narath he asked, "Do you have any spices with you?" he asked drawing a cloak out of his shadow, I hate the light he thought backing away from the fire a bit.

((Short))

Shrugging Haeria turned to look up at Astrum, "I can still catch one to carry supplies." she pointed out, "I think we should search for the other heirs and see how many of the kingdoms have fallen." Haeria said after a moment, "If we all team up I bet we can beat this man/men, especially when we all get our full powers."

((OOC: You don't have to put them up, and if you do, you should check with the owners of each character if they approve of the drawing before posting it as their picture. Did you really like them? I did try to incorporate all of their powers into the pictures, but I didn't know how to symbolize sound and mind powers.

ps. There is a hint about my plot for golems in the golem picture. It is somewhat vague, but it is a hint.))

Narath

"I do not have any on me, but I know what they look like," Narath replied. "I grew many in my garden. I can go take a look around and see if I can find any if you'd like."

-----------------------------

Astrum

"We could use another horse for that," Astrum said thoughtfully. "If we are going to look around for heirs, we will need a lot of provisions."

After a bit of thinking though, he realized that getting to these other heirs could be a problem.

"The different kingdoms are spread vast distances apart though, and if they have all fled, it will be like searching for very small needles in very large haystacks. I mean, where would we even begin?"

((OOC: Personally, I am hoping that she says that she wants to go to the mountains. I think that her crush on Narath would be a good reason for that, and I am curious as to how that romance would work out. So just saying ahead of time, that even if I make Astrum upset about her decision where to go, I will still be rooting for them to go to the mountains.

Also, just curious, but as they use their powers, would it be ok if they learnt new skills?))

Edited by Narath

((I was just going to create a picture/art area and put anything people post up there. And yes as the heirs get older they learn new skills related to their element.))

"Sure, we could use it." Athen said looking at the hares, "I will look for some sticks to make the spit." he said walking a bit into the woods. Soon coming across a forked branch Asthen looked for another about the same height and then came back to the fire. Impaling them deep into the ground Asthen also set a few rocks around them to keep the branches up before finding a thiner branch and setting it across the two.

"I'd say we should check the Arsh mountains and the plains on the way over, then we can go to either forest and down the coast. My mind thing will help a lot because I can turn it on very weak power searching for a specific thing and it can cover quite a bit of area." Haeria said as they slowly turned to loop back around Oz, "We can check the kingdoms on the way over to see if they have been taken over."

Edited by Raven301

((OOC: The art section sounds pretty good to me.))

Narath

Narath got up, and looked over to his sister.

"Look after her for me while I'm gone, will you?" He asked Arla.

---------------

Astrum

AstrumThought on what Haeria had said. It did seem pretty logical, and her abilities would help narrow down the search, though only by a small margarine.

"Very well. Sounds like a plan to me," He said. "Let's just catch up with Oz now so we can be on our way."

"Alright." Haeria said, quickening her pace to almost a jog. As they were about half way around the loop Haeria stopped, "Did you hear that?" she asked Asturm suddenly. It was a strange sound kind of like a scream, high pitched and screechy, but quiet, although Haeria got the sense that the sound was coming from someone or something nearby.

((FYI it's a new skill she is developing having to do with mind and such so Astrum shouldn't hear anything))

Astrum

Astrum looked up wearily, and listened as well as possible, but though he strained his ears as much as possible, there was nothing to be heard.

"I cannot hear anything. It is possible that my senses are just not very keen due to my lack of energy," He said. "Speaking of which, I should really get some sleep. Mind taking watch tonight?"

((OOC: I did some research on how long people can go without sleep, and apparently, people that went without sleep for a long time, got hallucinations around day 4. This will probably happen to Astrum soon if he does not get any sleep. The only reason he hasn't gotten any yet, is because of the fact that his kingdom is Energy/Lightning.))

((Ok))

"Really?" Haeria asked surprised for a moment, The sound was getting louder and louder. Suddenly a screech quieted to a low hum. That's really weird Haeria thought shaking her head, "Yeah we can pick up Oz's trail in the morning." Haeria said stopping Thaizial and stroking the horse's cheek, "I have a bed roll do you want it?" she asked looking up at Astrum.

((Also Astrum [Yes the sword is crooked I failed, deal with it]))

Edited by Raven301

((OOC: That is pretty cool. I plan to do more drawings, maybe with color instead of black and white shading this time. I will probably do one of a fight if it comes up.))

Astrum

"Are you sure we should stop right now? I can hold off for another few minutes," Astrum said. "We have almost caught up to him. It would be easier to catch up with him now and find his opinion instead of doing so later. Then we'd have to track him down, and I am not very good at that."

Arla had been soaking in on what Narath had said when she heard him say to look after his sister. "Wha-? Oh yeah, of course I will." She looked into the fire when she slightly recalled Athen saying if they have any herbs or spices with them. "Hey Athen! I have a couple of spices and herbs with me. I have some basil, chili, coriander, parsley, rosemary, nutmeg and garlic." she pulled out seven little phials filled with the contents she just listed. "The garlic is running very low so if you do use it please don't use to much." Also don't get you filthy hands on it to.

((OOC: I didn't really think of garlic too much as a spice. We use it a lot for pickling. Also, how come she has so many spices?))

"You already have some?" Narath asked. "How long have you had those?"

He reached out to take one of the phials.

((OOC: Are those herbs dried or not? If they are not, they probably would have gone bad by now, seeing how far away the Ice kingdom is from where they are now.

Arg! Short post!))

Edited by Narath

Looking up at Narath and Arla Asthen sighed, "That would have been helpful a few minutes ago." Asthen said scooting further back before walking around the fire. "How much do you have?" he asked peering at the small phials full of the crumbly herbs and spices.

"Sorry about that, I was kind of daydreaming. I have about enough herbs to last eight whole meals. That is, the chili will last eight meals not the whole of my herbs put together. The reason in why I have all of these is because it is exceptionally hard to grow stuff where I live as it is very cold. That's why when I got out hiking or adventures I collect herbs that I find on the way and preserve them in bottles so when I need them they can be there."

Narath

"Well, it's good you have them." Narath said to her. "Now we don't have to go search for more."

Then he turned to Asthen.

"You have everything for the fire?" He asked.

"Yep." Asthen said lightly stepping back to the fire, slightly wincing as he did so, "Here are the hares." Asthen said gesturing to the animals, "Do you know how to skin them?" he asked grabbing one a drawing his knife.

Narath

"No I don't." Narath replied. "I have no experience hunting or butchering. I am a very good cook though."

((OOC: Don't forget about Haeria!))

"I have a little bit of experience of skinning a wolf but not a rabbit. My father taught me how to do it but I don't know if it will be the same." She stood up and started heading off into the forest. She didn't care if Narath and Asthen tried to stop her but she thought she saw two red eyes staring at her.

((OOC: We haven't done a time skip or anything so I think it still is. Im just waiting on Raven right now to give her a chance to write something.))

With night having fallen, Oz made his way to a secluded pile of boulders, all larger then him in size clustered together in the middle of a field. Walking over to it, Oz began to make himself comfortable, using the bag he carried as a makeshift pillow at the base of the rock.

He had no need for a sheet to keep warm, his ability over flames more then enough to keep his body warm during the cold night.