nicknick88

Project Fakemon

Finally finished Poiton...!

Fakemon Name: Poiton

Fakemon Image: user posted image

Fakemon Species: Poison Crystal Fakemon

Fakemon Type: Poison

Fakemon Fakedex Entry: Large crystals of hardened poison form on Poiton's wings, which can make it harder for this fakemon to run. They hunt prey and subdue them with a 'death hug' where the fakemon will wrap its wings around its prey, slowly killing it in the process.

Evolves Into: N/A

Evolves From: Screeton

Other:

Edited by Shadowwolf6

Would it be fine if I do a pure steel and a steel / poison fakemon for this? (The steel / poison is just the evolution of the steel fakemon.)

We kind of have a lot of Poison types, so let's not do that.. Make anything except a dark, poison, or dragon type would be fine

EDIT: Im not forcing you to, but we are lacking in a lot of Ice, Rock, and ghost types, so if you want to make any of those that's cool. It would be preferred, but anything you make that follows the guidelines will be accepted, as long as it isnt poison dragon, or dark

EDIT 2: We'd also like it if you made the 2nd fossil Fakemon, because we only have one

Edited by nicknick88

Okay so this is the new Sholligator, and its new shiny version, and I'm changing their name to Shovusaur. So here it goes

user posted image and shiny user posted image

I will be PMing everyone to tell them what they need to do and requests that I have for them to complete. These consist of things we said we were going to do a long time ago, but never got done, but need to be gotten done ASAP, and things that will be necessary

AND THE 6 STARTERS OF KLIPSES ARE

Seetah

Scyrodile

Aquarva

Olmen

Nagityke

Warune

Edited by nicknick88

Compilation Document updated with info more info on the Champion and other things like Starters and Fakemon entry info.

Edit: Now the document includes a helpful Table of Contents. Use Ctrl+F (or Command+F on a Mac) to locate the topic you are interested in!

Edit: Thank you, Sparrow. I don't use Macs that often, so yeah...

Edited by Shokomon

Less blurry, yes, but now too big. Also not a sprite. I'd recommend reading a tutorial or two.

Alrighty! Shokonotes for the Flying E4!

--

(Shokonotes)

- A high-and-mighty type personality who thinks lowly of the populous or "the rabble" as he calls them.

- Is unfortunately, highly intelligent and extremely skilled, and WILL rub it in your face

- He has soft spot for birds, which he always thought as graceful, elegant, and powerful if necessary. Thus he went into flying types. Flying types are also "above everyone" when in flight, so he likes that too.

- Despite what people think, He has poor relations with the Ghost gym leader; they are just very good at faking niceities

- Getting beaten humbles him quite a bit; it also earns the winner his respects, so he tends to treat the winner better.

- "Oh look, another so-called trainer dreaming of Championship. It's so sad."

- Tends to talk to his Santor and his other Fakemon affectionately, often while mocking someone else

- There is a rumor saying he was nicer as a kid. Makes you wonder what happened...

--

Just so you know. I'm gonna be gone for about a week or so; I've got exams coming up, so...yea... I'll post up more things after my exams. See you guys after them! Please continue without me!

I want to join this when I have time! Could I make a steel fakemon with two stages? Also, whats the standard size for sprites?

Edited by Melomancer

@Melo: The maximum in BW was 96x96, but in Gen 3 it was 64x64, so try and find something in those margins.

@Shoko: So, I have some stuff to say about the Flying E4. I must admit, you captured him pretty good (and you got Alex perfect) but I have some edits.

BTW, his name is Schuyler (the original spelling of Skylar and Dutch for "scholar")

- A high-and-mighty type personality who thinks lowly of the populous or "the rabble" as he calls them.

- Is unfortunately, highly intelligent and extremely skilled, and WILL rub it in your face

- Loves the theater and has a collection of bird masks from various shows.

- He will sit nowhere else but in a balcony while watching a show.

- He has soft spot for birds, which he always thought as graceful, elegant, and powerful if necessary. Thus he went into flying types. Flying types are also "above everyone" when in flight, so he likes that too.

- Despite what people think, He has poor relations with the Ghost gym leader because he thinks books are boring; they are just very good at faking niceties

- Getting beaten humbles him quite a bit; it also earns the winner his respects, so he tends to treat the winner better.

- Tends to talk to his Santor and his other Fakemon affectionately, often while mocking someone else.

- Grooms his Fakemon way too much, so they have a glossy sheen.

- There is a rumor saying he was nicer as a kid. Makes you wonder what happened...

Pwaaaah sorry I haven't done anything yet, guys. I've been doing lotsa dragon request stuff. Also designing characters takes me a bit cuz I want them to really look good.

Once I've drawn all of them, I'll start coloring. Coloring is easier. Designing is the hard part.

Test over!!! Yay!

So, now that they are done, I've got updates coming for you all. I'm not near a computer right now, but I'll post some stuff when I can.

Edit: UPDATES!!!!!!!!!!

To the Ghost Gym Leader, All the Elite Four, and NEW FAKECUBE TYPES! Check out the Compliation Document or look below!

Ghost Gym Leader Update:

- Hides her fakecubes in her umbrella which she keeps with her at all times.

- Despite what people think, He has poor relations with the Flying Elite four; they have differing opnions on books, libraries, and the like; they are just very good at faking niceities, so many people aren’t aware of this

Elite Four Update:

Flying Elite Four Update:

(Shokonotes + PsychoCat's Edits) ***=Psycho Cat edit

--

Psycho Cat: BTW, his name is Schuyler (the original spelling of Skylar and Dutch for "scholar")

--

- Loves the theater and has a collection of bird masks from various shows.***

- He will sit nowhere else but in a balcony while watching a show.

- Despite what people think, He has poor relations with the Ghost gym leader [because he thinks books are boring***]; they are just very good at faking niceties

- Tends to talk to his Santor and his other Fakemon affectionately, often while mocking someone else.

- Grooms his Fakemon way too much, so they have a glossy sheen.***

- Has frequent arguments with the Poison E4 who he thinks is an uncouth, Insufferable "witch"; thier personalities don't mesh well; Has some very choice words for her and her fakemon that he won't say since they are RATHER crude.

NEW!! Normal Elite Four Info:

(Shokonotes)

- The leader of the E4 who often is stuck breaking up the fights between the Flying and Poison E4's: "Why me?"

- Does have a breaking point. There was an incident where schuyler's Santor pooped on her suit during a meeting. She then proceeded to summon her Wrobisagrex, which used "Suitcase Pitch" on Santor, sparking a fight between Fakemon and Trainer alike. The Ground E4 had to break it up. He still laughs about it.

(More when I think of some more stuff)

NEW!! Ground Elite Four Info:

(Shokonotes)

- He was the kid who played in the mud whenever he could as a child.

- A chill-kind of guy who likes to watch the other Elite Four members argue, only stepping in if things get too out of hand.

- Despite his build and looks he's rather relaxed, but that doesn't mean he is a slacker.

- gets his muscles from being raised in a mining community, which lead to his interest in ground types.

- Is also interested in geology and a variety of precious rocks, stones, and gems.

- has seen the horrors of diamond mines, and as such advocates for safer mining practices all over Klipses.

- will get down and dirty if necessary

- "It's been awhile since I've seen another challenger. Good luck to ya!"

- Helps out with several Programs that work to bring people out of poverty like Skill building and housing projects

- Fakemon; Plaflan

Poison Elite Four Update:

- You may find her smoking outside playing with some of her poison fakemon

- "Do you really think I'd mistake my Fakemon for a cigarette?! Just what are you implying?"

- Has frequent arguments with the Flying E4 who she thinks is an stuck-up, pompous "@$$#@!#"; thier personalities don't mesh well; she greatly dislikes his Santor: "loud-mouthed, 8*13#@$$ bird"

- She came from a poor family with lots of children, so she claw her way to where she is now.

- Looks: Black female, Hoop earrings and gold ring braclets, painted long nails, weave in a unique style, Tall, Kente Cloth patterned vest shirt with White pants

- Fakemon: Rugarette (Primary)

----------------

FakeCube Types (NOW WITH PICS!!!)

(From nicknick)

Of course, there will be different models of the FakeCube. Now of course, there will be 4 basic models of the FakeCube. FakeCube (equivalent to the Pokeball) SuperCube (Equivilent to great ball) MegaCube (equivalent to Ultra Ball) MeisterCube (equivalent to master ball.) So I would like you to design those, including color, and then 7 extras with special effects NOT USED in Pokémon. (such as luxury balls, repeat balls, net balls, ...etc). Making for a total of 11 Fakecubes.

1) FakeCube

- Desc: A tool for catching and storing wild Fakemon.

- Effect: Catches wild Fakemon

- Catch rate: 1x

- Green and White with a grey button and chain (Nigeria Cube)

user posted image

2) SuperCube

- Desc: A tool of good quality for catching and storing wild Fakemon. It works better than the normal FakeCube.

- Effect: Catches wild Fakemon

- Catch rate: 1.5x

- Gold, Green, and red with a black button and chain (Ghana Cube)

user posted image

3) MegaCube

- Desc: A tool of great quality for catching and storing wild Fakemon. It works much better than the SuperCube

- Effect: Catches Wild Fakemon

- Catch rate: 2x

- Blue, Red, Green, Black, and Gold with black button and white chain (South Africa Cube)

user posted image

4) MeisterCube

- Desc: A tool of the best quality that allows one to catch any Fakemon without failure.

- Effect: Catches any Fakemon without fail

- Catch rate: 999999.9x (xd.png), no actually 255x

- Red, White, and Black with gold button and chain (Egypt cube); may or may not have white/black projections off of front surface

Version1: user posted image Version2: user posted image

5) WildCube

- Desc: A special Fakecube used only in the Fakemon Safari

- Effect: Catches wild Fakemon at the Fakemon Safari

- Catch rate: 1.5x

6) LunarCube

- Desc: An altered Fakecube that works best on Fakemon that prefer the light of the Moon.

- Effect: Catches wild Fakemon; works better on nocturnal Fakemon

- Catch rate: 2x Nighttime Fakemon, 1x on all other Fakemon

7) SolarCube

- Desc: An altered Fakecube that works best on Fakemon that prefer the light of the Sun.

- Effect: Catches wild Fakemon; works better on diurnal Fakemon

- Catch rate: 2x Daytime Fakemon, 1x on all other Fakemon

8) K.O.Cube

- Desc: An altered Fakecube that works better when the Fakemon is at a type disadvantage to your own,

- Effect: Catches wild Fakemon; works better on wild Fakemon with a Type disadvantage to the Fakemon currently in battle

- Catch rate: 4x if Double Type Advantage, 2x if Single Type Advantage, 1x if no advantage, 1x if type disadvatage

9) SaharaCube

- Desc: An altered Fakecube that works better on Fakemon that prefer harsh climates

- Effect: Catches wild Fakemon; works better on Fakemon accustomed to harsh cold and extremely hot climates

- Catch rate: 2x Desert Fakemon, 2x Tundra Fakemon, 1x on all other Fakemon

10) NileCube

- Desc: An altered Fakecube that works better on Fakemon that prefer fertile and aquatic areas

- Effect: Catches wild Fakemon; works better on Fakemon that live in forests, swamps, and aquatic environments

- Catch rate: 2x aquatic Fakemon, 2x Forest-dwelling Fakemon, 1x all other Fakemon

11) Designer Cube

- Desc: A Fakecube that has been altered from its original state to give the Fakemon it holds a flashier appearance when summoned

- Effect: Changes the special effects when the Fakemon is summoned

- Catch rate: Depends on original Fakecube

- Extra: Is crafted from a trainer's Fakecube at the Klipses Mall

(The idea is that you catch a Fakemon, but you want a custom effect for when you summon that Fakemon. In the mall, there will be a store that will change your Fakemon's Fakecube into a Designer FakeCube, giving the ball a new look and a special effect summon. This can be done on Fakecubes that are empty as well.)

12) ???

- Desc: ???

- Effect: ???

- Catch rate: ???

(It's a mystery~)

------------------------------

That's it. I'll see if I can upload the Finished FakeCube designs. I'll need some opinions on Meister though. I made two designs and I don't know which one is better.

This stuff was distracting me from studying, oh my gosh...

Edit 2: UPLOADED!!!!

Edited by Shokomon

Version 2 definitely better, and also I love em'. Espicially Meister and Normal FakeCubes. Love everything in that last post. Now let's try to get this project back on track folks! WOOOOOHOOOOOO

Glad you like them nicknick! I'll put down Version2 as the official MeisterCube. May I ask why Meister and Normal FakeCubes are your favorite?

Also: LunarCube and SolarCube designs are finished! (Colors are from the Legendaries Lunathrokon and Rafuseos with permission from PsychoCat.)

Here are the updates:

6) LunarCube

- Desc: An altered Fakecube that works best on Fakemon that prefer the light of the Moon.

- Effect: Catches wild Fakemon; works better on nocturnal Fakemon

- Catch rate: 2x Nighttime Fakemon, 1x on all other Fakemon

- Lunathrokon Colors (Blue, yellow, Light blue, purple, violet) with Moons and Stars and a yellow button and chain

- Extra: This is the favored Cube of Team Luna.

user posted image

7) SolarCube

- Desc: An altered Fakecube that works best on Fakemon that prefer the light of the Sun.

- Effect: Catches wild Fakemon; works better on diurnal Fakemon

- Catch rate: 2x Daytime Fakemon, 1x on all other Fakemon

- Rafuseos Colors (Red, Gold), Sky blue, light yellow with Suns and a gold button and chain

- Extra: This is the favored Cube of UAATL/The Rebels

user posted image

--

I'm more pleased with how LunarCube turned out than SolarCube.

*updates Document with new info*

Oh, why hahloo thar. Haven't posted here in awhile. Or anywhere, for that matter. Oops.

Two thumbs up on the cubes, Shoko. Maybe you should do an Earth Cube, for Fakemon who don't see the light at all. Things that live in caves or underground and the like.

Anyways, I just thought I'd show my two new sketches off before spriting them. Finally. Sketches of who? None other than the new and improved versions of Rafuseos and Gaequimez!

Bam!

and

Wham!

Yes yes, I know I said a lot of fluff about why I didn't redo Ra, but in reality I was just facing major artist's-block. No longer! Rafuseos doesn't resemble the sun as much as it did, but makes up for it with wings designed to look like light shafts. Since the phoenix is a little overdone in Pokemon (Blaziken, Talonflame, Ho-oh, maybe Moltres, and probably some others I missed) I took more of a hummingbird approach.

New Ra dex entry:

"Rafuseos is said to have been born in a massive solar flare. It can beat its wings so fast the friction alone can set the air ablaze. A few believe it fights with another Fakemon for control of the night."

Boop.

Fakemon Name: Gaequimez

Fakemon Image: user posted image

Shiny Fakemon Image: user posted image

Fakemon Species: Orbital Fakemon

Fakemon Type: Grass/Rock

Fakemon Fakedex Entry: Sealed deep within a giant maze, Gaequimez can create magnitude 8 earthquakes when angered. It's ability to shift the Earth's orbit at will has spurred the rumor that is keeps night and day balanced.

Evolves Into: N/A

Evolves From: N/A

Other: A Trio Master that isn't Dragon-type. Good for PF. *clap clap*

Also:

user posted image

I'll get the shiny up later.

Hey Shoko, do you mind if I design a few Fakecubes? Your descriptions for the other ones have given me some ideas.

And does anyone know how to make the Fakedex Informative public? I don't know how I made it private and how to get it out.

@ Psycho Cat: I am fine with it, but you just have to confirm with nicknick88. He wanted 11 designs, and I'm already adding a mystery 12th cube. So ask.

Let me just post up the template I made for the cubes. Also, the catch rate things are based off of pokeball catch rates.

Edit: I think in order to make Google docs things public, you have to go to the share settings, then make it "public with link" and "can view." See if that works.

Edit2: Fakecube template!

user posted image

With a little bonus of what happens after you catch a Fakemon. The name appears on the cube!

Currently I have 6 out of 11(12?) designs done for the Fakecubes. The WildCube, K.O.Cube, SaharaCube, NileCube, DesignerCube, and ???Cube need designs. I am working on ???Cube, WildCube, and SaharaCube, but only ???Cube and SaharaCube have attempted designs right now. However, ???Cube is kinda on hold until the other major cubes are done.

Edit: Typos.

Edited by Shokomon

I think...I'm going to come out of hiding here and give this a shot. It seems super fun and an A+ chance to try out spriting and such!

@PC, Im fine with any other FakeCubes, only up to 15, however. Also, I would prefer you finish with Lunarthrokon, and Rafuseos first.

Also, I REALLY need to get back to spriting for PF....

@Murgatroyd, would you mind spriting the second fossil Fakemon, you don't have to if you don't want to

Edited by nicknick88

Hey, if you guys want I can make, like, one legendary and a 3-part evolution chain? This sounds fun.