nicknick88

Project Fakemon

A little scribble for the Dark Gym leader:

(Not canon until accepted by ADMIN/MOD)

- Growing up in a city of crime, many people find ways to escape, her way was the dark arts

- Is incredibly protective of children with her own bad experiences as a child, which makes her very upset with all the kidnappings going on

- It was never clear whether her interest in dark types led to witchcraft or vice versa, but in any case, they go hand in hand.

- Some criminals in the city swear that they have been hexed by her and that she call forth demons

--- The authorities believe that the "demons" are just her fakemon protecting her.

- Has a pension for sweets

- Gym and Gym puzzle: Strange Pulsing symbols on the floor with statues of fakemon around, gym lit by candles, (puzzle) Movable statutes that must be lined up with the correct symbol on the ground to reveal the correct path. Gym Arena: A large symbol on the ground with candles on the walls and scrolls lying around.

- Personality: Vigilant, a bit two-faced: Polite with strangers, but surprising crude with familiar company, (She's a bit like Celestie from DanganRonpa, sugar sweet when you first see her, but super manipulative and cruel on another side. You don't see it because she is really good at keeping up appearances)

- Don't diss the witch. She'll kick your butt.

- Opinion on Team Luna and UAATL: ????

*added to the Compilation document*

(remember you can request editing privileges through the document)

Nitpick @ PhyschoCat- For feralissin you have a male&female version, and they are displayed on a seperate line, because it takes up an extra space, giving it 2 fakedex numbers, throwing off every Fakemon # after it. So if you can, just make a seperate column for gender differences, rather than adding a whole line.

A little scribble for the Dark Gym leader:

(Not canon until accepted by ADMIN/MOD)

- Growing up in a city of crime, many people find ways to escape, her way was the dark arts

- Is incredibly protective of children with her own bad experiences as a child, which makes her very upset with all the kidnappings going on

- It was never clear whether her interest in dark types led to witchcraft or vice versa, but in any case, they go hand in hand.

- Some criminals in the city swear that they have been hexed by her and that she call forth demons

--- The authorities believe that the "demons" are just her fakemon protecting her.

- Has a pension for sweets

- Gym and Gym puzzle: Strange Pulsing symbols on the floor with statues of fakemon around, gym lit by candles, (puzzle) Movable statutes that must be lined up with the correct symbol on the ground to reveal the correct path. Gym Arena: A large symbol on the ground with candles on the walls and scrolls lying around.

- Personality: Vigilant, a bit two-faced: Polite with strangers, but surprising crude with familiar company, (She's a bit like Celestie from DanganRonpa, sugar sweet when you first see her, but super manipulative and cruel on another side. You don't see it because she is really good at keeping up appearances)

- Don't diss the witch. She'll kick your butt.

- Opinion on Team Luna and UAATL: ????

*added to the Compilation document*

(remember you can request editing privileges through the document)

Pretty much all of that is what I imagined, actually. Except for how you described her two-faced nature: I pictured it the other way around. She's hard to get to know, as she keeps herself guarded, and she's merciless and cruel to strangers. But once you get to know her (defeat her in battle, etc), you get to know her true sweet side.

I had an idea for the puzzle for the electric gym. There are these different gates that you have to go through to get to the gym leader, and to open the gate you have to line up these circuits so that the current reaches the other side. But if you go through the wrong gate, you have to battle a trainer, since gyms seem to love forcing you to battle people you'd rather ignore.

A quick edit to the Dark Gym Leader info:

- Personality: Vigilant, a bit two-faced: Falsely Polite but almost snobby with strangers, but surprising informal with familiar company, (She's a bit the opposite Celestie from DanganRonpa, Cruel and manipulative when you first see her, but super sweet and kind on another side. YOu don't see it because she is really good at keeping up appearances)

Better Eef?

Updates for Ghost and Grass:

-Ghost updates

- Personality; Quiet, soft spoken (after all she owns a library), a strong dislike for loud things and roughhousing, Polite with everyone she meets, but slightly haughty, prefers reading books, won't talk to you if you do something she dislikes or insults her; she really feels like a noble.

- is surprisingly good at spear or lance...No one knows why she knows how to use them.

- Grass updates

- Has a poor relationship with the Champion; the champion's insistence on manliness often rubs the Grass Gym leader the wrong way and vice versa. They often stand on the opposite side of any argument.

- Personality - He's rather pleasant and fun to be around. His variety of hobbies allows him to be in several social circles. A friendly social butterfly, who doesn't like to anger people, but is all kinds of trouble when angered. Luckily, it's hard to anger him. Tends to be distant when talking about Team Luna though.

- Gym: A Terrarium/Greenhouse like place with usual and unusual plants along the walls and planted in the ground, there are even several places for crops and there are many different kinds of flowers. Fakemon are heard in the area. Gym Puzzle: No puzzles here, it's simply a maze, navigating around the plants and crops. Gym Arena: A large open area with lush grass with the Fakemon symbol pattern growing in the field. There are some surrounding trees.

...I'll add them to the Compilation document later.

A bit of Info on the Fire Gym:

- He lives in Asa city which is on a mountain, where it is cold, and it snows... He HATES it. Not the city, but the weather.

- So going into Fire-type Fakemon Training and all their lovely warmth has its perks

- He hosts slumber parties sometimes when it gets extremely cold; they are really popular actually. There's rarely any sleeping though...

- He could move, but in the end, home is home.

- "Chase away the chill with a heated battle! That's what I always say!"

- Looks: Black man, tall, Hair dyed with red with yellow highlights, Loose fitting slacks, and a V-cut Vest with colors similar to Moltilus, barefoot, When outside wears a close fitting heavy jacket, leather gloves, and boots

On another note: What's the rule on bumping/double posting in the Original Works thread? Is this post okay or should I fuse it with my previous one?

Nitpick @ PhyschoCat- For feralissin you have a male&female version, and they are displayed on a seperate line, because it takes up an extra space, giving it 2 fakedex numbers, throwing off every Fakemon # after it. So if you can, just make a seperate column for gender differences, rather than adding a whole line.

Nick, I would love to do this, but it would make things more complicated than just adding some numbers when you need to find out the dex number. There are two reasons for this:

A: We already have a lot of columns. I feel like we would be unnecessarily adding to this.

B: Pokemon like Igunidon (who is currently the only one with alts, but I predict not to be the last) would need multiple columns.

Nick, I would love to do this, but it would make things more complicated than just adding some numbers when you need to find out the dex number. There are two reasons for this:

A: We already have a lot of columns. I feel like we would be unnecessarily adding to this.

B: Pokemon like Igunidon (who is currently the only one with alts, but I predict not to be the last) would need multiple columns.

Except when we start statting the Fakemon, there are going to be a crap-ton of Columns anyway, cuz we'll have to fill out their moves, height weight, base/max stats... etc. More columns wont hurt. I'd do it myself, except I have no idea how to make new columns. For things with multiple alts, Im not sure, but they're not really going to take up a bunch of Fakedex numbers by giving them whole rows, that's impratical, that's all.

Okay, so here is an idea. We have two drives. One with separate sprites, types, creators, and basic things.

We have a second with the more complicated things like moves, height, etc.

I can see what you're saying and why you would think it's impractical, but it's also a little impractical to add so many columns in one page.

Okay, so here is an idea. We have two drives. One with separate sprites, types, creators, and basic things.

We have a second with the more complicated things like moves, height, etc.

I can see what you're saying and why you would think it's impractical, but it's also a little impractical to add so many columns in one page.

I agree, so we'd put any alts in the other drive, (Btw would you mind doing that, idk how sleep.gif")

A bit of Info on the Fire Gym:

- He lives in Asa city which is on a mountain, where it is cold, and it snows... He HATES it. Not the city, but the weather.

- So going into Fire-type Fakemon Training and all their lovely warmth has its perks

- He hosts slumber parties sometimes when it gets extremely cold; they are really popular actually. There's rarely any sleeping though...

- He could move, but in the end, home is home.

- "Chase away the chill with a heated battle! That's what I always say!"

- Looks: Black man, tall, Hair dyed with red with yellow highlights, Loose fitting slacks, and a V-cut Vest with colors similar to Moltilus, barefoot, When outside wears a close fitting heavy jacket, leather gloves, and boots

On another note: What's the rule on bumping/double posting in the Original Works thread? Is this post okay or should I fuse it with my previous one?

I'm going to try that design but also my original thoughts on him. Or maybe combine them, idk.

...slumber parties? ouo

K so I think we need to

A. Get these gym leaders done

B. A Shokomon said early on, majority black characters, because the region is based off Africa.

C. Finish the Fakedex region map......

Maybe some, but I wouldn't say majority. The professor in gen 6 was really the only one who spoke fluent French. I mean, we don't have to mirror Africa.

Well, I could argue that language of the pokemon games are based on the area where the games are released and therefore, irrelevant. It would also be a thing to note that darker-skinned individuals showed up more often in regions that where based on countries with a more prominent black population (aka Unova and Kalos). It'd be weird not to have a majority of black people. However, certain characters in the Fakemon series will more likely to be not black due to thier position in society.

Though, the African continent has a variety of skin tones to choose from ot you want more diversity. (I wish I could find a picture showing a variety of faces rather than tone, but oh well, this is good enough for my point.)

Edit: Typos and junk.

Edited by Shokomon

(Ignoring the map and just using memory here) Northern Africa, especially areas closer to Saudi Arabia, seem to have lighter skin tones. A lot of South Africa is white. So...just saying. >w<

But yeah, that map kinda shows what I mean. I'm totally okay with having more black peeps, though. o3o I like that the characters in Pokemon are becoming more noticeably diverse and stuff. :D

(Cause I now have permission to post this!)

In the process of making Gym Leaders, I ended up making a Fakemon Fakecube concept, referred to in the plot which has yet to be revealed

user posted image

In my mind, they are keychain-like to prevent thieving that would occur with those magnetic (at least I assume they are magnetic) attachment mechanisms Pokeballs use. They are also hidden in odd places, especially in cities like Enugun City where crime is prominent. I feel like owning a Fakemon would be quite a privilege with limited access (especially if Team Luna wants to reduce resistance). So, you would make sure not to lose the ones you have.

They don't open up. Instead, a window opens up when the button is pressed to let the Fakemon out... They probably should have an opening mechanism just in case. The key chain slides open for quick detachment.

Edit: @Eef: And yesss! Slumber Parties! Though how much of that it is Slumber versus Party is the question. And it's all good about doing your own designs. They are just suggestions in the end.

Could i make an "event" fakemon? I haven't made a fakemon in a long time....

It wouldn't be an event, because we are not a videogame, but if you mean an unspecified legendary, make it a poison type please

Hey look! A non-legendary Poison-type. I decided that we're starting to lean away from both 2-stages and pure types, so I made this. The evo is actually pretty cool, so don't let this... awful mess put you off.

Also gotta give kudos to the Fakecube design *clap clap*

Fakemon Name: Slub

Fakemon Image: user posted image

Shiny Fakemon Image: user posted image

Fakemon Species: Tiny Bear Fakemon

Fakemon Type: Poison

Fakemon Fakedex Entry: When food is scarce, Slub will resort to digging through trash. They can eat near inedible things with no negative side effects.

Evolves Into: Acribear

Evolves From: N/A

Other: Slub and Acribear have a signature move called Hide Melt, which lowers both the opponent's Def and SpDef.