nicknick88

Project Fakemon

My advice is to save it as a .gif or a .png file. Saving it as a .jpeg or .jpg file will make the picture look blurry, forcing you to redo the entire sprite again. Also, if you can, make sure the sprite's outline is only 1 pixel thick. It's blurry, but in your sprite, the outline looks like it's two pixel thick. It will look more like a sprite if you reduce it to 1 pixel thick.

Edit: On another note. Can we have an requirement for some of the characters to be black people? Klipses is based of off Nigera. I expect me some black people. Light skinned, Dark-skinned, So light you look white, I do not care, as long as there are some black people.

Edit2: There are minor edits to the Compilation document. Just some added Shokonotes to the champion, added canon facts to Ground E4, and some restrictions on Fakemon ideas.

Edited by Shokomon

My advice is to save it as a .gif or a .png file.  Saving it as a .jpeg or .jpg file will make the picture look blurry, forcing you to redo the entire sprite again. Also, if you can, make sure the sprite's outline is only 1 pixel thick. It's blurry, but in your sprite, the outline looks like it's two pixel thick. It will look more like a sprite if you reduce it to 1 pixel thick.

Edit: On another note. Can we have an requirement for some of the characters to be black people? Klipses is based of off Nigera. I expect me some black people. Light skinned, Dark-skinned, So light you look white, I do not care, as long as there are some black people.

I was personally planning on the Ground E4 member on being black. :D

Edited by animals4501

Yaaaah! 1 black person confirmed! Let there be more soon! biggrin.gif

Ohey so I've drawn the Dark gym leader plus the Flying and Normal E4 members. c: I'll upload them later. I drew them with some Fakemon that represented their type based on the sprites to the best of my ability, so I apologize in advance for any inconsistencies!

I don't really know which characters have been drawn now... I think it's Electric, Dragon, and...something? Was it Psychic? I guess I could do Fire gym leader if it's not taken (I really don't remember). I think it would be cool for that character to be black.

The Electric, Psychic, and Dragon gyms all have designs. Electric was done by SparrowSelkie, and Psychic & Dragon were done by animals4501 who initially requested those two gyms.

@ Nicknick: If the gyms are up for grabs, can more than one artist draw for a single gym?

@ Nicknick, Psycho Cat, animals4501, and Shadowwolf6: If you guys post a design, can we still draw gym leaders based on your designs, or are any drawing you post final?

The other gyms are all available:

(Mod/Admin requests & Current Artists)

- Gyms

1. (animals4501) Dragon - animals4501

2. (Psycho Cat) Grass

3. (Shadowwolf6) Steel

4. (nicknick88) Dark

5. (Shadowwolf6) Electric - SparrowSelkie

6. (Psycho Cat) Ghost

7. (nicknick88) Fire

8. (animals4501) Psychic - animals4501

- Elite Four

1. (Psycho Cat) Flying

2. (animals4501) Ground

3. (Shadowwolf6) Poison

4. (nicknick88) Normal

(nicknick88) Champion

See the Compilation Document for more details on Gyms and other aspects of Project Fakemon.

Edited by Shokomon

I think I'll try the Ghost Leader again. You can redo her, though.

I'll also try the Grass, who's male BTW. I decided his name is Alex, from allium.

@ Nicknick, Psycho Cat, animals4501, and Shadowwolf6: If you guys post a design, can we still draw gym leaders based on your designs, or are any drawing you post final?

I don't mind if anyone else draws my leaders. My human drawing skills need serious improvement, anyway. Cx

Ohkay so I may try the Fire gym leader, too, since that's another one that I said I wanted.

I've been very lazy and haven't scanned my sketches yet. I'll do that shortly. >w<

Shoko: are you still going to draw the Champion (I think you originally wanted the Champion)? I think I might try a sketch, myself.

Nick: would you mind if the Champion was a child? I feel like we've just had a bunch of adults as Champions. I think the only kids so far have been Gary/Blue and Iris, but they're somewhere from 10-12 or so years old. I mean like a much younger kid, a kind of child prodigy. But I can make them older if that's not what you'd want. :P

Also I can redraw any characters others come up with if they want me to (specifically).

I wanted to do the champion actually, but I don't think I will actually have the time to draw him (who I've always seen as an adult)... You can draw him if you want Eef.

I really want to at least draw the ghost gym. I just need of time and to look at lolita dresses.

You know, we should have a teen champion. I don't think we have had one of those.

Maybe it's two people for the Champion

Nah it's coo'. If you're still wanting to draw the Champion I'll wait. c: I'd rather get to other characters that need to be drawn.

A teen would be really cool. Blue sort of looks like a teen but I'm pretty sure he's the same(ish) age as Gary, who's only 10...

Make the Champ around 14-16

@Shoko What do you mean by more than one artist per gym??

@EEF So let's get those pics scanned, lol

*catches up on thread* Yay, stuff getting done! I went to a camp this weekend, and I kept telling myself that I would get so many sketches done, and I did one sleep.gif. But it's pretty cool and I've got an idea for a myth to go with it. And for the electric GL (Ampere), I just need to color and shade the sprite.

Make the Champ around 14-16

@Shoko What do you mean by more than one artist per gym??

@EEF So let's get those pics scanned, lol

I meant that can more than 1 artist at a time attempt to draw a single gym. For example, if Artist A wants to draw X gym, and artist B wants to draw X gym too, they both can draw X gym, and the mods/admin pick the best one.

Also, more stuff to add to the info doc!

Edit: By the way, Eef, those designs look amazing! I wonder how they will look like colored in.

Also, what's the current count on Fakemon, including types?

Edited by Shokomon

Some of my numbers on a couple may be off by one or so. This is what I got:

Normal: 12 (5 dual-types)

Fire: 9 (6 dual-types)

Water: 9 (5 dual-types)

Grass: 8 (4 dual-types)

Electric: 10 (5 dual-types)

Poison: 9 (3 dual-types) (also +1 because one legendary is going to be Poison, I think)

Fighting: 7 (3 dual-types)

Ice: 6 (6 dual-types)

Psychic: 9 (5 dual-types)

Ghost: 5 (4 dual-types)

Dark: 10 (5 dual-types)

Steel: 10 (8 dual-types)

Dragon: 8 (4 dual-types)

Flying: 11 (11 dual-types) (also there are two blocks in the Fakedex with the Flying-type color in them, but the cells are empty otherwise)

Rock: 5 (3 dual-types)

Ground: 7 (4 dual-types)

Bug: 7 (5 dual-types)

Total: 99 individual Fakemon (+1 poison legend, +1 for fourth legend in quartet, possibly plus another 2 for those two Flying types, all equals 103)

You guys lack ice, ghost, and rock types. Especially pure Ice types wow...

Also thanks Shokomon! I totally didn't read about the city the Dark gym is in, though >< Maybe I should redesign her with a more punk-like theme from all the crime? I was going for a witch-like theme...

Wiccan pentagram, I knew it! The weird little details of characters are always interesting.

Edited by SparrowSelkie

Ermahgerd, they're so awesome! And you got the Flying-type perfect.

Anyderp, here's the final evo. Undoubtedly up in the ranks of Nagaikinn and Ferallsium in terms of favorite creations. And now that I have this guy done I can focus on the alts and shinies.

Fakemon Name: Igunidon

Fakemon Image: user posted image

Fakemon Species: Blizzard Fakemon

Fakemon Type: Ice/Psychic

Fakemon Fakedex Entry: Igunidon can freeze water particles in the air so fast they can instantly encase their foe in ice. They've been reported to save lost hikers during snowstorms.

Evolves Into: N/A

Evolves From: Igulouc

Other: Sweet redemption! This line is no longer stealing from Kadabra and co.

omg that's probably one of the coolest Fakemon I've ever seen, no pun intended!

Also I'm glad you like him. c: I figured since he had flying types, a lot would be birds so he needed a falconry glove. Apparently he's left-handed because he has a right glove.

Love all of them, including your choice of Fakemon to represent each gym. Just color 'em, and just checking, is the dark leader having Togedeegram, or your own thing?

Love all of them, including your choice of Fakemon to represent each gym. Just color 'em, and just checking, is the dark leader having Togedeegram, or your own thing?

Thank you. c:

Yeah, I think that's what it was. Todegram or Togedegram or something? I wasn't really paying attention to the names. I probably butchered everything. I thought it was coming out of the pentagram at the tip of the tail, and since it can turn to gas (and I was having trouble fitting in its feet) I made it really wispy. o3o

At first I was going to draw Foxar because at first I didn't notice there were a lot more dark types than I thought. It's why she has a star on her head.

I meant that can more than 1 artist at a time attempt to draw a single gym. For example, if Artist A wants to draw X gym, and artist B wants to draw X gym too, they both can draw X gym, and the mods/admin pick the best one.

Also, more stuff to add to the info doc!

Edit: By the way, Eef, those designs look amazing! I wonder how they will look like colored in.

Also, what's the current count on Fakemon, including types?

And yeah sure... but there will be a point when we're just set in stone, but I really love what you're doing with character design, keep it up, maybe instead of drawing you do that??? Just a thought, not saying you're a sucky drawer, never seen you draw, you're just really good at character design, and I like how you started designing the characters, and when we get into Marx and the others character design, since I sent you the plot, you might want to design those too

Character design? I think I can do that. It certainly is easier to jot down ideas than to draw complete concepts.

Are they really that good? Thank you. I guess I can focus on character design and draw the gym leaders when I can... I will still try to draw at least one of them.

Speaking of which, animals4501, Shadowwolf8, edwardelricfreak, SparrowSelkie, do you want me to jot down ideas for the characters you requested/claimed/designed OR would you rather do that yourself?

And yeah sure... but there will be a point when we're just set in stone, but I really love what you're doing with character design, keep it up, maybe instead of drawing you do that??? Just a thought, not saying you're a sucky drawer, never seen you draw, you're just really good at character design, and I like how you started designing the characters, and when we get into Marx and the others character design, since I sent you the plot, you might want to design those too

Character design? I think I can do that. It certainly is easier to jot down ideas than to draw complete concepts.

Speaking of which, animals4501, Shadowwolf8, edwardelricfreak, SparrowSelkie, do you want me to jot down ideas for the characters you requested/claimed/designed OR would you rather do that yourself?

Oh gosh yes please.

I have a design in mind for the Fire gym, but I'd love some notes on other characters! Especially the bad guys. :3c

Edited by edwardelricfreak

List of Fakemon I consider Important/Horrible enough that I am redoing

Olmen

Sismolm

Jusdiolm

Wrobisagrex

Togedeegram

Scyrodile

Vulzaptor

Horforshield

(They will still look generally the same, just better sprites)

I'm fine with you putting down ideas and descriptions and such. I actually like having a few guidelines as long as I get to draw the actual character.