cyradis4

Send Biome Blockers to the AP

this would make hunting better for everyone

and a lot of people would love them for this

i also think that five hour wait should be gotten rid of

The five hour wait is important and should remain in place. This has been discussed in length elsewhere.

Anyway, i do hope this gets put into place in some way soon. It would help with a lot of things on the site...

Bumping for better visibility since at the moment it's like a companion thread to the "Make CB golds slightly less rare" thread.

Bumping for better visibility since at the moment it's like a companion thread to the "Make CB golds slightly less rare" thread.

Thanks, CNR4806!

I'm also wondering if C4 wants to update the OP to suggest that untaken eggs are transferred to the AP at the 5-minute shuffle, since this essential Suggestion pre-dates the shuffle and makes no mention of this?

Thanks, CNR4806!

I'm also wondering if C4 wants to update the OP to suggest that untaken eggs are transferred to the AP at the 5-minute shuffle, since this essential Suggestion pre-dates the shuffle and makes no mention of this?

Nope, don't want to. tongue.gif Though I might make the suggestion. I feel this would work best if the shuffle was done away with completely, and this was stand-alone. That way, it'd be a lot more random when something leaves. And there'd be a much higher chance of something nice heading to the AP if this was done on the shuffle itself.

And those that want a fixed time will still have it: the top of the hour.

Cheers!

C4.

Nope, don't want to. tongue.gif Though I might make the suggestion. I feel this would work best if the shuffle was done away with completely, and this was stand-alone. That way, it'd be a lot more random when something leaves. And there'd be a much higher chance of something nice heading to the AP if this was done on the shuffle itself.

And those that want a fixed time will still have it: the top of the hour.

Cheers!

C4.

Oh, I rather like the shuffle. What if it were changed to a 10-min auto shuffle, and eggs were sent to the AP upon being ignored for 5 minutes?

Bumping this so it can be discussed along side the reducing the 5 hour wait to dump eggs to the AP.

Oh, I rather like the shuffle. What if it were changed to a 10-min auto shuffle, and eggs were sent to the AP upon being ignored for 5 minutes?

You won't need the shuffle, if this is implemented, because the biomes will move on average of an egg every other minute or so. It will be more "random" but will be in the far right slot.

That could be changed up, by having the eggs not move over a space when they are taken.... So an egg will leave from a random slot and a new one fill that spot, making all 3 spaces good to camp out on.

And though I'm the author of both threads.... I also much prefer this one, but..... After so many years, this is looking like a dim hope....

Cheers!

C4.

I like the shuffle because refreshing constantly is boring. The only way for me to hunt long enough to even get the rares I have is by camping the 5 minutes while doing stuff that's actually fun. The constant refresh aspect is why I can't stand the AP for longer than an hour at most outside the holidays.

I wouldn't mind this idea.

I like picking around in the AP looking for lower time CBs. This would make those blockers more desirable, wouldn't it? AND it might make for interesting hunting in the AP, too.

So I support this, i think.

What if it auto refreshed every 5 minutes when an egg is dropped? Just... Just a thought.

As long as it's set to shuffle at set times I don't really mind. I just don't want to lose the one thing that allows me to hunt for the entire time I'm on the internet without feeling like my brain is turning to mush.

As long as it's set to shuffle at set times I don't really mind. I just don't want to lose the one thing that allows me to hunt for the entire time I'm on the internet without feeling like my brain is turning to mush.

Me, too, at least unless the biomes can be got to a point where they have variety and actually move.

A lot of us already have all we're likely to need of virtually all of the dragons generally showing again and again, over and over in the biomes, although we'll generally take CB/nicely lineaged low-timers from the AP.

Except when new Releases are Flooding or dropping heavily during periods of collection in the first weeks, the biomes are frequently pretty much the zombie zone, and we can do this for only so many years, especially when in laaaaag where a lot of us have slow refreshes and fall asleep sitting up in there, desperately trying to get the rest of the new eggs we still need.

We seriously need a user-responsive method of establishing variety in the biomes, because hunting in there shouldn't be boring us sick so much of the time. Heck, even missing things we want on a regular basis would break up the monotony.

And at least that bit of movement on the shuffle gives us that limited time to shoot for, where something will happen, even if it's usually just more of the same, so that we can plan for going in then and then gratefully escape for a few minutes between.

I'm all for this suggestion but, like others, would hate losing the actual shuffle. It is the best thing happening in the biomes and the only thing that keeps me from falling asleep at the keyboard. I would be even happier if the shuffle was to happen every minute and/or every time eggs get kicked to the AP.

Edited by SullenCat

It'd be great if the biomes moved more, but not at the cost of the 5 minute shuffles. Without the 5 minute shuffles I wouldn't have a way to multitask hunting with other activities without feeling like I'm hurting my chances of finding what I want. That's why I don't really care for AP hunting most of the time - I feel pressured to stay there because I don't know when things will move and things are constantly shifting around. It's like a little prison for me.

you know what else they should do with this instead of drops why not just spawn a new egg every time one is taken then the biomes NEVER empty this would help with the "kick blockers to the AP" because then it cant empty"

Edited by blockEdragon

you know what else they should do with this instead of drops why not just spawn a new egg every time one is taken then the biomes NEVER empty this would help with the "kick blockers to the AP" because then it cant empty"

I don't think this will really do anything. The cave isn't empty a whole that I've seen. Enough eggs are created on five minute drops that they're able to replace eggs that are taken without the cave emptying except in extreme circumstances (new release, super busy). As far as I'm aware, the idea to kick out blocker eggs would basically occur when new eggs are being created, anyway, so I don't think we'd see much more emptiness than we do now. xP

Edited by SockPuppet Strangler

Support for sending blockers to the AP as long as it doesn't remove the shuffle.

I like the shuffle, but I don't see how it would fit in with this as is? When eggs are removed, the eggs behind them are going to show up anyway. So seems to me this + a shuffle goes hand in hand. But I wouldn't see the need to do this and keep the regular five minute shuffle. JMO

Support for sending blockers to the AP as long as it doesn't remove the shuffle.

I like the shuffle and would like to keep it. But internal mechanisms could dictate otherwise.

The shuffle could also be shifted to be every 15 minutes. If blockers are kicked after sitting for 5 minutes, you'll see Biome movement on average of every 1.6 minutes.

So those who still like designated times to be there still have them, but there is a lot more movement in general.

But this will NOT work with the normal 5 minute shuffle as proposed. You could change it to kick the eggs AT the shuffle, but the problem with that is, desirable eggs that show up right before the shuffle will get kicked. That's not a disaster, but it also would not result in random movement in the Biomes. So instead of seeing the Biomes move all the time, they'd do like they do now: only move on the 5 min. They would have lots more variety, but..... You'd still see slow Biomes.

Cheers!

C4.

The shuffle could also be shifted to be every 15 minutes. If blockers are kicked after sitting for 5 minutes, you'll see Biome movement on average of every 1.6 minutes.

So those who still like designated times to be there still have them, but there is a lot more movement in general.

But this will NOT work with the normal 5 minute shuffle as proposed. You could change it to kick the eggs AT the shuffle, but the problem with that is, desirable eggs that show up right before the shuffle will get kicked. That's not a disaster, but it also would not result in random movement in the Biomes. So instead of seeing the Biomes move all the time, they'd do like they do now: only move on the 5 min. They would have lots more variety, but..... You'd still see slow Biomes.

Cheers!

C4.

Really what I think would happen with this and the five min shuffle is that the biomes would still be slow at first but as the ratios adjust finally I think that the biomes (at least the fast moving ones like alpine, coast) would start to empty out.

Okay, 15 minutes sounds like a good compromise. People could actively hunt while they're up to it, and check in on the 15 minutes if they get burned out before filling their eggslots.

I like the every 15 minute shuffle and every five minute kicks idea. It seems to be a good compromise between the two ideas.

the 15 minute shuffle and the five minute kick ideas are great but you know how you could fix empty biomes?

every time a egg is taken or kicked a new egg is spawned so the biomes never empty